Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think it is going to make her self worth fall even farther and then there’s a good chance of depression. She needs a hobby stat. Find a quilting group. Volunteer at a hospital...nah! Scratch that. I forgot about how she’d know more than the doctors and wouldn’t be able to follow orders. There are many things that she could go out and do but she probably feels that her biggest duty is to prevent her husband from straying. Go work at the college cafeteria. It could result in free lunches. My question is who is taking care of the kids while she’s monitoring his classes? 

Jessa and when she can't probably Jana.

Jana is smart for not marrying, oh wait she is practically married to her parents and doing all the parenting etc in that house.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Had to share this post from Twitter. Jessa is tagged in most of them because Derick chose to tag her in the post(s). I wonder what Jessa is thinking reading all of the comments. 

4479EC8F-B499-4C9C-912A-A78700790E55.jpeg

I love you. 

6 minutes ago, Triple P said:

20180913_181239.png

OMG. 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, McManda said:

Cold calling, as in, the professor won't call on you to answer questions? 

Maybe Derick is using that as incentive to keep Jill by his side in class.

That is spectacularly lame, if she is there to keep him from actually having to demonstrate knowing anything, as well as to keep him from succumbing to the harlots. I would not have thought these two were smart enough to think of a scheme to keep him from having to actually learn the material.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Please forgive me. My husband came home with a small bag of chocolate to give to me, and I did not post a picture of my totally awesome blessed season of life husband on here. He did take out the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for himself, but he still is the best husband ever. Take that Deredick and Jill Cling Along.

Don’t you mean #blessed #chocolate #awesomeseasonof life and #besthubbyever

• Love 16

Well, it seems that non students are allowed. My question would still be WHY?  Fellow students do not need that distraction. Especially from these two.  If Jill wants to know what college would be like for her, I suggest she ask to monitor a community college remedial class. 

• Love 21

Well I guess that by the end of the semester, we will be able to pinpoint which lessons discussed Roe vs. Wade or LGBTQ topics. We just need to look at the Instagram posts to see when she sat with him in class. He won't be forced to discuss his hateful views, they will have immediate topics to pray about later, and they can have Josh-style hand sex under the desk (alone time!).

• Love 9
10 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I’m cracking up at “human barnacle.” I’ll bet she grilled him with questions about how many women were in his classes. I don’t have a graduate degree, but doesn’t law school require a good amount of group work like mock trial? How is he going to manage that? How is she going to manage that? Duggars don’t understand the level of commitment and work it takes to get an education, even at a primary level. I don’t foresee Jill nor her family being understanding of DerickDillard’s new demanding schedule and why he’ll have to forego certain backwoods cult functions for school. Either he’s going to drop out, or this marriage is going to end.

^This^!  I cannot wait to see how this plays out.  I stocked up on popcorn today! ?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Aw, look at Sammy's heartwarming wave-and-kiss.  Is he drooling because those are two widely spaced little vampire teeth nubs I see up top?

No, that was the light shining on a spit bubble. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Okay wait a minute. Why would bringing a non-student to class preclude the professor from calling on you? Shouldn't you be ready to participate and contribute to the discussion regardless? I'm not usually a school snob, but I'm not exactly forming a high opinion of this law program right now. 

I don’t understand this either. Unless it’s supposed to be a bad thing? Like the person is not worth the professor’s time?

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I don’t understand this either. Unless it’s supposed to be a bad thing? Like the person is not worth the professor’s time?

And is it unlimited? Like...if Jilly comes to every class, you never have to participate? Yet only Derick gets the law degree, even though he didn't participate and they both sat through all the classes? Classes that other people with spouses paid good money for and attended alone, while participating fully? Is arksansas desperate for prospective students? Is this a recruiting method or something? Do they get more money or something the more warm bodies they have in the seats? Soooo confused here, and sooooo many questions. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 16

There are a surprising number of pictures of Derick in law school and every pic I've seen shows empty seats in the room.  If Jill was taking someone's seat that person would/should complain and the professor/school should do something about it. (She probably isn't taking anyone's seat based on the empty seat pictures.) 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1

So, that @usps_service Instagram account she originally tagged only has three posts. I'm not sure what made her think it was the official account of the post office, because these are what the posts looked like:

Screenshot_20180913-232630_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20180913-232634_Instagram.jpg

Edited by graefin
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Well, it seems that non students are allowed. My question would still be WHY?  Fellow students do not need that distraction. Especially from these two.  If Jill wants to know what college would be like for her, I suggest she ask to monitor a community college remedial class. 

It occurred to me while reading these posts that Jill has literally never been inside a classroom. It's entirely possible that she has no idea how ridiculous this looks.

I also think that the reason that the professor may refuse to call on people who bring guests is not for the reason that we are assuming. I could see people bringing guests on days when they knew something provocative would be discussed with the intention of bloviating and showing off about their pet hobby horse to their own personally selected audience.

• Love 18

The wonderful homeschooling mother just happened upon an educational trip to the post office.  Too bad she doesn’t know you can schedule such things in advance. That would have been somewhat impressive.

Her original tag is hysterical. Of course she didn’t verify what she was posting.

• Love 11

Not being called on, EVER, and getting forced to think on your feet, will be a great disservice come test-taking time. Hearing others give answers isn't enough. He'll never be able to stand alone standing in a courtroom having to extemporaneously speak in an organized manner about a coherent point. I'll assume he hasn't taken any tests yet? Midterms are going to hit Derick like frickin' Mack Truck. Add me to the popcorn party.

signs-youve-been-friends-for-too-long-6.

• Love 20

We just got back from a week in Switzerland where I was successfully able to put real life behind me except for constantly thinking of the Dullards.   One, because I was reading 1L, Scott Turow's account of his first year at Harvard law school, and two, because every time we went anywhere there were directional signs to Gotthard. 

• Love 9

As of this tweet, he has taken one midterm so far.

OK, so midterms after 2 weeks? Is this a law school thing? Do they use the term differently? In college, and now grad school we either do occasional quizzes and projects, with one big test in the middle of the semester, and a final. Some classes are just three tests, then a final. Given their work ethic, and Jilly's shackles, I just can't picture him doing well once shit actually gets difficult.

• Love 21
36 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

OK, so midterms after 2 weeks? Is this a law school thing? Do they use the term differently? In college, and now grad school we either do occasional quizzes and projects, with one big test in the middle of the semester, and a final. Some classes are just three tests, then a final. Given their work ethic, and Jilly's shackles, I just can't picture him doing well once shit actually gets difficult.

I imagine it was simply an exam and not a midterm and Derek just does not know what he is talking about. Classes started less than a month ago, finals don’t start until the first week in December so it seems highly unlikely that a test on 9/13 would be considered a “midterm.” The only reason I could imagine it being called that is if the semester is divided into two or three sections of content for this particular class and they just reached the halfway point of the first section. That seems possible. 

• Love 11

All 19+ of them were probably lined up against the back wall. (Mommy what's a torte and do they sell it at Aldi??)

Mother-effing-DEAD over here. Hoooooly whiz bang, that about did me in. ?this is for you @WHINEANDCHEEZ

Kudos Enya Face (do you get a lot of massages??) but I didn't realize I spelled tort incorrectly.  And I wasn't even homefooled....

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Vandy10 said:

Naturalized uncle? That's not a thing, right? Please tell me that's not a thing.

I bet you he's referring to his own brother not an in-law. If that is his thinking and he becomes a lawyer boy it's the world in trouble.

• Love 11
59 minutes ago, Vandy10 said:

I'm sure that's what he's thinking, but if he *has* to differentiate between his wife's siblings' kids and his own sibling's kids, isn't biological a better term than naturalized? I just think of citizenship when I hear naturalized as an adjective. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure English uses the term naturalized in any other way.

Naturalized or biological - Both terms sound like he doesn’t consider the Duggar side his.  if I were Jill or any of Jill’s siblings(or their spouses), we’d be having a serious chat.  Does he mean that his kids aren’t claimed by Ben, Anna, Lauren, and so forth?  

Of course,  these folks do have funny ideas about marriage and how families fit into it. 

The only really acceptable way to say it would be ‘Jill and I have our first  nephew from my side of our family’. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

A mid-term? After only two weeks? I've never heard of mid-terms in law school at all. Or quizzes. Just a big ass harrowing exam at the end of each semester. I have no idea what he is talking about. 

I have.  Back when when I worked in the Registrar's Office at a very poorly rated Law School That's Not NYU, the Con Law 1 class had a couple of exams before the final at the end of the semester.  Could be what he's referring to.

• Love 1