Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Think of how much alone time they would have had without a honeymoon baby! I wonder if the rumors are true that Jill can't have anymore, and they resent their existing kids for coming so soon in their marriage. Having Izzy right away was great when trying to birth high numbers for an army for God, but if she can only have two, I wonder if they wish they had waited several years, or even a decade, to start their family! This is what happens when you never spend five minutes alone with your fiancé, and then have a honeymoon baby!

• Love 13
46 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Ah yes, because every woman attending grad school is positively dripping at the loins for a slice of Derrick. I'm surprised they can focus on the lectures without getting lost in their intense sexual daydreams when he enters their peripheral vision.

Well they are all a bunch of Godless Jezebels there. Tempting poor Dillweed with their feminine wiles. He might have urges that can't be righteously fulfilled. 

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Well they are all a bunch of Godless Jezebels there. Tempting poor Dillweed with their feminine wiles. He might have urges that can't be righteously fulfilled. 

I wonder if they make sandwiches in law school....

• Love 17
17 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Ah yes, because every woman attending grad school is positively dripping at the loins for a slice of Derrick. I'm surprised they can focus on the lectures without getting lost in their intense sexual daydreams when he enters their peripheral vision.

Hahaha! I'd give this a "like" if the very idea of liking this thought didn't make me immediately want a shower. Not a cold one, either... A hot one. With lots of soap. And a scrub brush. 

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 21
14 hours ago, jcbrown said:

This. He has a very screwed up definition of "alone time." Although I do wonder if @queenanne nailed it and he is taking her along as an accountability buddy, lest his virile maleness inspire the female students to be overcome and rip off their clothes, begging, "take me, Dillweed!"

Eyew, I just made myself a bit sick there.

You made me a llittle sick too.??  Pass the brain bleach please.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Hahaha! I'd give this a "like" if the very idea of liking this thought didn't make me immediately want a shower. Not a cold one. A hot one. With lots of soap. And a scrub brush. 

You forgot the brain bleach. I can only imagine what his follow classmates think. I would have a hard time not laughing, rolling my eyes a lot, and wanting to tell everyone I see about Jill Cling Along going to class with Deredick. Can you imagine someone trying to have a serious conversation with her.

I remember being an undergraduate student where myself or various roommates would have a friend or relative come into town for a day or two, but while we were in class they'd walk around campus, go to the gym, take the train into the city etc., and meet up with us after we got done. They weren't sitting in on lectures, because why would they? 

When I was in grad school, I can't recall one time in two years where someone brought a spouse to class just for funsies. Unless it was some special "open house" day at Derick's law school, it was completely inappropriate for Jill to be there.

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

Barely a month in and already she's tagging along. SMH. 

I am appalled by their lack of manners and her neediness, but I can't help feeling *a bit* sorry for her. She is the product of a family that was too large to get one-on-one attention and affection and too sheltered to have a diverse group of friends. Her upbringing taught her that her future job was to be a wife and mother; that was her only goal. Her whole world revolves around God first (of course), and then her headship. He's out in the world accomplishing things (or at least attempting) that she'll never be able to do due to her poor formal education and lack of opportunities to socialize with non-family. Add to that her older brother molested her and the mental and emotional trauma and effects that go along with that, and you're going to have a very underdeveloped person. 

But regardless, her tagging along to his classes is one step too far. If she met him once a week or so to have lunch, I see no problem with that. Sitting in on his classes without paying for them or even being eligible for grad school is disrespectful to his classmates, his teachers, and even to Deredick. I think you all are correct in her being afraid of him cheating on her being unchaperoned in a class with women. No sweetheart. He's not a catch to anyone who's intelligent enough to be in law school. 

The sad fact is she is way too dependent on Deredick for her happiness and self-worth. I would rather have her getting therapy and going out in the world on her own learning new things and being around real world heathens and expanding her own small piece of the universe. I personally want to slap the crap out of her parents and Smuggly Do Wrong for what they did to her. Way to shunt her emotional growth.

11 hours ago, ThinkerBell said:

I suspect this creepy college rendezvous isn't the first time that Jill the human barnacle has turned up at Derick's classes -- someone was taking those posed pictures of Mr. Wonderful trying to look all pensive and lawyer-like in the library, and I'm pointing a finger at you, Mrs. Duggar-Dillard.

This whole sorry episode certainly lends credence to the rumours that Jill was so insecure when Derick worked at Wal-Mart, that she showed up every day to eat lunch with him.

I’m cracking up at “human barnacle.” I’ll bet she grilled him with questions about how many women were in his classes. I don’t have a graduate degree, but doesn’t law school require a good amount of group work like mock trial? How is he going to manage that? How is she going to manage that? Duggars don’t understand the level of commitment and work it takes to get an education, even at a primary level. I don’t foresee Jill nor her family being understanding of DerickDillard’s new demanding schedule and why he’ll have to forego certain backwoods cult functions for school. Either he’s going to drop out, or this marriage is going to end.

• Love 19

Ok, before my minds blows out, is there any way the 2 of them could be trolling us--like they get more money if we click up a shitstorm?  It's awfully coincidental that what we were talking about all of a sudden comes true.  Second--who took the goofy picture?  It's like they are sitting on a carnival ride or are sightseeing.  If this isn't a set up, imagine the classmate they asked to take their photo.  NOW WAIT!! Did they also bring along a Duggar to take the shot!  All 19+ of them were probably lined up against the back wall. (Mommy what's a torte and do they sell it at Aldi??)

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 17

Please forgive me. My husband came home with a small bag of chocolate to give to me, and I did not post a picture of my totally awesome blessed season of life husband on here. He did take out the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for himself, but he still is the best husband ever. Take that Deredick and Jill Cling Along.

Edited by bigskygirl
17 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Ok, before my minds blows out, is there any way the 2 of them could be trolling us--like they get more money if we click up a shitstorm?  It's awfully coincidental that what we were talking about all of a sudden comes true.  Second--who took the goofy picture?  It's like they are sitting on a carnival ride or are sightseeing.  If this isn't a set up, imagine the classmate they asked to take their photo.  NOW WAIT!! Did they also bring along a Duggar to take the shot!  All 19+ of them were probably lined up against the back wall. (Mommy what's a torte and do they sell it at Aldi??)

I feel pretty sure considering the setup and angles, that they did ask the student sitting behind them.

However, I also would not be surprised if she left and went to sit somewhere else to wait once the professor showed up.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I’m cracking up at “human barnacle.” I’ll bet she grilled him with questions about how many women were in his classes. I don’t have a graduate degree, but doesn’t law school require a good amount of group work like mock trial? How is he going to manage that? How is she going to manage that? Duggars don’t understand the level of commitment and work it takes to get an education, even at a primary level. I don’t foresee Jill nor her family being understanding of DerickDillard’s new demanding schedule and why he’ll have to forego certain backwoods cult functions for school. Either he’s going to drop out, or this marriage is going to end.

One of my male friends from grad school did end up getting divorced because his wife would flip the heck out if he was doing any project with another female. Our program was probably 90% women and in some classes he was the only male. They had a lot of other problems but this was kinda the last straw for him because it was beyond ridiculous. He was married, most of us were married, and it was SCHOOL.  We were there to learn and advance our careers, not have an affair. Going to a bar is much cheaper and more effective if that’s someone’s goal.

**Although after the divorce he did end up dating  one of our other classmates, and they married a few weeks ago. Don’t tell Jilly that though! 

Edited by Trillium
  • Love 16
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill hasn't blogged about Derelict's favorite sandwich. Honey, post it and don't make his cohorts guess. 

I'm saying this assuming no one even wants to eat lunch with him. ?

...maybe someone will ask her on Instagram

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, LisaWl7TR said:

So is Derrick in Law School vs getting a job and/or being around to help raise his sons. I just dont see him as an involved dad. It makes me sad for those 2 little boys. 

I don't either. I think part of what drove him to pursue Law School (aside from not wanting to get a job) was the fact that it's a huge time commitment. It gives him the perfect excuse to spend as many hours away from the kids as possible. 

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I don't either. I think part of what drove him to pursue Law School (aside from not wanting to get a job) was the fact that it's a huge time commitment. It gives him the perfect excuse to spend as many hours away from the kids as possible. 

And also a way to put off having another child for the next 3 years.   I don't think that Jill can't have another child,  but Derick doesn't want one.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, queenanne said:

I feel pretty sure considering the setup and angles, that they did ask the student sitting behind them.

However, I also would not be surprised if she left and went to sit somewhere else to wait once the professor showed up.

I didn't see the professor in the shot, so it is possible that it was taken before or after class.

2 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

But regardless, her tagging along to his classes is one step too far. If she met him once a week or so to have lunch, I see no problem with that. Sitting in on his classes without paying for them or even being eligible for grad school is disrespectful to his classmates, his teachers, and even to Deredick. I think you all are correct in her being afraid of him cheating on her being unchaperoned in a class with women. No sweetheart. He's not a catch to anyone who's intelligent enough to be in law school. 

So, I assisted this psychology professor who taught an abnormal psychology class. One day she brought up the id, ego, and superego, which are all part of Freudian psychoanalytic theory. The example she provided when describing how the ego balances out the id and the superego was that the ego inhibits the urge to have sex with an attractive classmate in the middle of class. Now clearly, Jill has not taken psychology, but in all my years of post-secondary schooling, I have never seen two students go at it in the middle of a lecture, and I am 99.999999% sure that Derick won't as well - not just because his female classmates won't find him attractive (although that's part of it), but it would never occur to Derick to do that as well. As a previous poster said, if Derick intended to cheat on Jill, he would likely go to social gatherings (i.e., "off-class" time). In other words, Jilly tagging with him to class is not sufficient protection against Derick cheating on her.

• Love 14
56 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It gives him the perfect excuse to spend as many hours away from the kids as possible. 

Apparently, it gives Jill the same excuse. Either way, frankly, their kids are better off with Jessa than they are their own parents. 

• Love 22

Ok I'm gonna try and be positive about this maybe sitting in a class will make her think she could get an education, go to college and become whatever she wants. 

Negative point she cant spend alone time in a lecture, meet him after and go for dinner or something. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

I just made a delicious plum tort. Hahaha

• Love 8
18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Someone asked Derick when he’s getting his braces off. He replied that he hopes by graduation.

So, in 2034?

Man, if I am a student in that class, I am going to be giving both of them some serious side-eye...but knowing Dreck and Cling-Along, they would misinterpret my look of disgust as unbridled lust for Dill and before long, she'd be sitting on his lap and he'd be trying to see his keyboard through the mane of her unwashed hair.

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Someone asked Derick when he’s getting his braces off. He replied that he hopes by graduation.

7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

So, in 2034?

Dude, if their relationship is such that it requires that Jill accompany him to class two weeks in and Derick sees this as a positive thing, he ain't never gonna make it all the way through to graduation. 

• Love 19
4 hours ago, Trillium said:

One of my male friends from grad school did end up getting divorced because his wife would flip the heck out if he was doing any project with another female. Our program was probably 90% women and in some classes he was the only male. They had a lot of other problems but this was kinda the last straw for him because it was beyond ridiculous. He was married, most of us were married, and it was SCHOOL.  We were there to learn and advance our careers, not have an affair. Going to a bar is much cheaper and more effective if that’s someone’s goal.

**Although after the divorce he did end up dating  one of our other classmates, and they married a few weeks ago. Don’t tell Jilly that though! 

Reminds me of my dad's dental school classmate, who had a clingy, bossy wife. Everyone was always making fun of him behind his back. Then, in his 40's, he came out as trans, and is happily living as a woman! Just IMAGINE Jill's reaction to that! Dreck becomes a woman, and now she can't cling to her manly headship anymore! I do think, however, that being truly single before marriage would have done jill good. Some people are too dependent on their spouse, and something could always happen like a death, or even a sex change! And I'm not talking about financially dependent, though Derick is no help there, either. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

And also a way to put off having another child for the next 3 years.   I don't think that Jill can't have another child,  but Derick doesn't want one.  

But, but, but, how will he relieve his righteous desires?  

Will he discover wanking?  Surely Jilly would object to contraception.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

He's not a catch to anyone who's intelligent enough to be in law school. 

Heck my younger child calls him Mr. Droopy Face. Granted she said that during their missionary to the lost and unwashed phase and I think he looks a bit better now. Maybe that’s the jaw/teeth work? I dunno. 

I often think that Jill is so emotionally and mentally immature that I need to look at her actions as though watching a 13 year old. She is scared that her true love always forever and ever will meet another girl and she’ll get to draw her initials in a heart with DD. She has no confidence in her worth. It’s sad that these kids are never taught their own value. I’m a Christian and I think it’s quite easy to talk to my kids about their worth and value to God. I think it can be done from a Christian perspective even if you wear skirts and have long, hanky hair. It seems these kids are taught their value as a mere number in a baby making contest their parents started so what will Jill do if she can’t compete in the same thing? 

• Love 21
54 minutes ago, xtwheeler said:

The thing about law school classes, particularly first year classes, is they are all mandatory (no electives), they are preassigned, and you sit in assigned seating and the professor has a seating chart, which s/he uses to choose the "on call" victim of the day (or days, as the lucky would have it. Pennoyer v. Neff for life!). It's not just a big anonymous lecture hall where you sit haphazardly and an extra body won't be noticed. It's hella disruptive and not something I EVER even heard of in law school. Your class and section are set for the year and do not vary. Yih have all your classes together. What fucking idiots. 

What I was wondering, as someone who used to schedule classes for our university, is how full are these classrooms?  Often our graduate courses were in smaller rooms than our large lecture hall so capacity would have been an issue should someone decide class was a good playdate.  People are paying good money to sit in these classes so to have a plus 1 might be irritating or worse, taking someone's spot.

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, ramble said:

It seems these kids are taught their value as a mere number in a baby making contest their parents started so what will Jill do if she can’t compete in the same thing? 

I think it is going to make her self worth fall even farther and then there’s a good chance of depression. She needs a hobby stat. Find a quilting group. Volunteer at a hospital...nah! Scratch that. I forgot about how she’d know more than the doctors and wouldn’t be able to follow orders. There are many things that she could go out and do but she probably feels that her biggest duty is to prevent her husband from straying. Go work at the college cafeteria. It could result in free lunches. My question is who is taking care of the kids while she’s monitoring his classes? 

• Love 5