Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Heathen said:

I live in a suburb that has a reputation for paying civil servants very, very well. I'm told there are multiple applications for every job opening, but a bigger suburb to the south that hires more officers and firefighters has a hard time filling positions. 

Having lived in small towns in the south, I think it's likely Rick Dullard didn't make all that much money and didn't carry that much insurance. After all, too, he was only 48. I very much doubt he had enough to pay for his sons' college educations AND bankroll Derelict and his family to this day. 

According to his dad's obituary, he worked for the Rogers Police Department and then the Benton County sheriff's department, so he wouldn't have been working in small towns. I'd say he made decent but not great money, especially compared to what law enforcement makes in my small town, which is close by. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Zella said:

According to his dad's obituary, he worked for the Rogers Police Department and then the Benton County sheriff's department, so he wouldn't have been working in small towns. I'd say he made decent but not great money, especially compared to what law enforcement makes in my small town, which is close by. 

Rogers and Benton County aren't Houston or New York or Los Angeles. For that matter, they're not Tulsa or Little Rock or Dallas. 

We'll never know how much money, if any, Cathy and her sons got after Rick died. We'll probably never know who is paying for Derelict's JD, whether it's the federal government or Cathy or Jim Bob or none of the above. Hell, maybe NOSTRILS is paying for it out of his house-flipping proceeds, in exchange for future real estate legal work, and that's why the Forsyths don't live in their own house. (I don't believe for a minute that Nostrils is paying for it. That was a Flying Spaghetti Monster-type whimsy.) 

Edited by Heathen
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Rogers and Benton County aren't Houston or New York or Los Angeles. For that matter, they're not Tulsa or Little Rock or Dallas. 

We'll never know how much money, if any, Cathy and her sons got after Rick died. We'll probably never know who is paying for Derelict's JD, whether it's the federal government or Cathy or Jim Bob or none of the above. Hell, maybe NOSTRILS is paying for it out of his house-flipping proceeds, in exchange for future real estate legal work, and that's why the Forsyths don't live in their own house. (I don't believe for a minute that Nostrils is paying for it. That was a Flying Spaghetti Monster-type whimsy.) 

I never said it was a massive city. I merely said it wasn't a small town--and it isn't. 

• Love 6
On 9/3/2018 at 7:42 PM, jcbrown said:

I second the skepticism about the lack of tahini. For a Jill "recipe" this is not the worst. She does have a consistent color palette, though, doesn't she?

What about garlic?  I've never made hummus without fresh or roasted garlic. Too complicated for Jill I'm sure.

Sorry- too late at night.  I missed the garlic clove in the recipe. Oh well, Jill probably forgot to add it anyway.

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Zella said:

Don’t forget that Cathy is/was an exec with Walmart. It is inexpensive to have a decent amount of life insurance on spouse and kids. 

• Love 4

Current base pay for a Rogers police officer:

In addition to the starting base pay of $16.48/hour ($35,860/year) for police officers. Applicants for sworn officer positions can earn extra pay incentives for education, experience, and language skills. 

3% increase above base for Associate Degree

6% increase above base for Bachelor’s Degree

7% increase above base for Master’s Degree

5% increase above base for language skills deemed to have a positive impact on our ability to communicate with the minority community

.6% increase above base for every year of prior law enforcement experience (Ex. 5 years experience 5 X.6 = 3.0% increase)

https://rogersar.gov/351/Recruitment

Average starting salary for a Benton County Sheriff as of 2014:

• Love 3
1 hour ago, scriggle said:

Current base pay for a Rogers police officer:

Average starting salary for a Benton County Sheriff as of 2014:

Thanks! So, a Rogers cop makes double what a sheriff's deputy does where I live. 

@Catfin good point about Cathy's job! 

Personally I suspect Cathy is helping but isn't entirely paying for law school.  I don't think Jim Bob is contributing a red cent. 

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Zella said:

Thanks! So, a Rogers cop makes double what a sheriff's deputy does where I live. 

Personally I suspect Cathy is helping but isn't entirely paying for law school.  I don't think Jim Bob is contributing a red cent. 

There are cops who earn just $18,000 a year? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I looked it up yesterday and U of A law school is ~$8k a semester. In comparison, Harvard Law School is ~$64k per year. $16k a year seems like a steal for law school but I think you get what you pay for. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, kokapetl said:

There are cops who earn just $18,000 a year? 

My county is rural and poor, and yes the deputies have salaries that low. I'm also a county employee. Our library staff makes more money than them. (That's why it boggles my mind when Rogers is refered to as a small town. It's no metropolis, but it Is not a small town by any stretch of the imagination. ) The poor pay is why our county sheriff's office has a terrible time keeping anyone. Cops in town make more, but I doubt it's comparable with Rogers. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

I looked it up yesterday and U of A law school is ~$8k a semester. In comparison, Harvard Law School is ~$64k per year. $16k a year seems like a steal for law school but I think you get what you pay for. 

Wow, that is ridiculously cheap. Is U of A not a competitive law school? 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

I think Derick is considered a commuter, no room and board which makes it cheaper, however, theyre if they’re still living in Cross church housing that ups the cost.

I do think Cathy is helping Derick financially. Her pension could have been cut off when she remarried, but she still had a decent salary from Walmart . According to the web, Mr.  Byrum raises a small herd of rare Limousin  cattle on their (small) ranch.she could have banked a portion or all of her salary when she remarried.

I also think, while JB is not paying for Derick’s school, he’s probably footing the bill for their housing, which is cheaper than giving them another house. With help from both parents even if Derick needs  loans they will be small. I wonder if the TLC money has run out?

Harvard’s 64k tuition is without room and board. The additional cost is 24k. I’ve been told it’s more like 94k.per yr.

It’s extremely expensive to live in Boston, Cambridge and the surrounding areas.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, graefin said:

But she captions it, praying for her hubby and boys. Maybe she's already feeling insecure about those late nights Derick has ahead in the co-ed library? ? One would think it's a bit early to start praying her sons don't cheat on their future wives, but what do I know?

She’ll probably finds some verses in that section to help her defend why he can’t be in a study group with any woman. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, graefin said:

But she captions it, praying for her hubby and boys. Maybe she's already feeling insecure about those late nights Derick has ahead in the co-ed library? ? One would think it's a bit early to start praying her sons don't cheat on their future wives, but what do I know?

What woman in her right mind would find Deredick attractive? He is a narrow minded, lazy, narcissistic, hides behind God and the bible bigot.

1 minute ago, Trillium said:

What’s the point of highlighting the entire passage? Is she trying to out highlighter Derick and his law things?

You would think by now she would have the bible memorized since we all know how Godly and Holy the Duggars are. Yes I was able to type with a straight face.

45 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

You would think by now she would have the bible memorized since we all know how Godly and Holy the Duggars are. Yes I was able to type with a straight face.

I wasn't able to read it with a straight face.

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, Trillium said:

What’s the point of highlighting the entire passage? Is she trying to out highlighter Derick and his law things?

My absurd take is that she’s justifying having an affair. She’s a woman, and those aren’t rules for women, just men. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

What woman in her right mind would find Deredick attractive? He is a narrow minded, lazy, narcissistic, hides behind God and the bible bigot.

Especially when he opens his mouth to talk. 

Well, he does have those snazzy shoes.

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Well, he does have those snazzy shoes.

And the hot, smoking hot, video of him in the obstacle course thing...flipping around like a dead fish.

Hold me back, I'm gonna go get me a big hunk of man! 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Abstract said:

I mean, I know she’s reading Proverbs 5 because it’s September 5, but why *post* it and say it’s for your husband and sons?

She really is tone deaf.

Derick should post some shit about having a lazy wife and saying he is "praying for Jill"  Is there a verse in the Bible about preparing gross foods????

It's so stupid I almost think it was deliberate.  

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, Abstract said:

I mean, I know she’s reading Proverbs 5 because it’s September 5, but why *post* it and say it’s for your husband and sons?

She really is tone deaf.

Is that a thing? I have no idea whether there are specific readings for specific days, other than the Catholic church's set scripture reading which get recycled every year. How does that  work?

And, yes, if it's "Proverbs 5 for Sept 5", then she is, indeed incredible tone-deaf. Surely she could find an alternate passage to read even if, for some reason, it's the special day for that one. Or wait until tomorrow and highlight "warning against folly" (Google is my friend). That might at least make some sense, as folly is something it makes sense for everyone to beware of, but adultery just seems so specific. I don't spend my days carefully guarding myself and/or Mr. Jyn lest we stray.  Who has time for that unless there's already a reason to suspect something?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Jill (if we assume she's in her right mind). 

Jill was in the I am like a 13 year old girl with her first crush who is in love with the idea of being in love with the first boy who gave her attention and wants to play house and have babies state of mind when she married Deredick.

3 hours ago, cdp73 said:

I wasn't able to read it with a straight face.

You have my blessed awesome season of life sympathy.

Edited by bigskygirl
22 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Jill was in the I am like a 13 year old girl with her first crush who is in love with the idea of being in love with the first boy who gave her attention and wants to play house and have babies state of mind when she married Deredick.

You have my blessed awesome season of life sympathy.

Jilly Muffin is STILL in that state of mind!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Is that a thing? I have no idea whether there are specific readings for specific days, other than the Catholic church's set scripture reading which get recycled every year. How does that  work?

They go through the book of Proverbs once a month. There are 31 chapters, so one for each day, usually. I think it may be a Gothard thing, but I’ve noticed Derick does it too based on his tweets.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, Abstract said:

They go through the book of Proverbs once a month. There are 31 chapters, so one for each day, usually. I think it may be a Gothard thing, but I’ve noticed Derick does it too based on his tweets.

Good grief. After 20+ years of that shouldn't they have them memorized so that they can just lie in bed upon waking and recite the proverb of that day and be done?

• Love 19
6 hours ago, Marigold said:

HE IS!!!

My dream guy!  I love when he waves his arms around...mmmmm....yummy! 

Oooooh, , Especially when he wears the shirt with black pit stains! That’s what really turns me on! 

• Love 10

New blog post:

Israel and Samuel’s 1st Baseball Game!

Sep 5, 2018 | Family Blog, Photos| 1 

We enjoyed taking Israel and Samuel to their very first baseball game a few weeks ago! Thanks to Derick’s Mom and her boss (Paul), we all had a wonderful evening at the Naturals’ Faith and Family night at the local Arvest Ballpark.

For any of you who have traveled/lived outside the U.S.A., there are just some things you miss when you’re abroad that make you even more appreciative when you’re back home. Baseball, hotdogs, patriotic music and fireworks are just a few of those things!

What are some things you love/miss about America?

52BE0433-26CB-4A85-B17A-283719CB759F.jpeg

46D76349-2CE3-4E0C-AA3F-E7E8F046ECF5.jpeg

32E5F799-8E30-49DB-9261-1839BA6B78E4.jpeg

BB46515E-6B4D-4517-BF4B-D7F78A1DAFA1.jpeg

6F8EF924-D9C4-4A21-9A35-0B5CA7824D0E.jpeg

CA22D0BE-A49B-42BD-A97E-D238C6D67714.jpeg

And a video:

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

New blog post:

Israel and Samuel’s 1st Baseball Game!

Sep 5, 2018 | Family Blog, Photos| 1 

We enjoyed taking Israel and Samuel to their very first baseball game a few weeks ago! Thanks to Derick’s Mom and her boss (Paul), we all had a wonderful evening at the Naturals’ Faith and Family night at the local Arvest Ballpark.

For any of you who have traveled/lived outside the U.S.A., there are just some things you miss when you’re abroad that make you even more appreciative when you’re back home. Baseball, hotdogs, patriotic music and fireworks are just a few of those things!

What are some things you love/miss about America?

52BE0433-26CB-4A85-B17A-283719CB759F.jpeg

46D76349-2CE3-4E0C-AA3F-E7E8F046ECF5.jpeg

32E5F799-8E30-49DB-9261-1839BA6B78E4.jpeg

BB46515E-6B4D-4517-BF4B-D7F78A1DAFA1.jpeg

6F8EF924-D9C4-4A21-9A35-0B5CA7824D0E.jpeg

CA22D0BE-A49B-42BD-A97E-D238C6D67714.jpeg

And a video:

That baby is really cute. 

• Love 8
58 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Derick has time to go to a ball game - thinking a good 4 hours plus travel time, when he's in law school?????

They went to that ballgame about a month ago. Sierra also posted IG pics from the same game. 

eta: Checked Sierra's IG (fewer posts to wade through there). The game was on 8/10.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8