Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, MonicaM said:

A huge part of the problem, in addition to their laziness and complete lack of ambition, is their refusal to get qualified education/training from a reputable source that would give them a marketable skill. 

Like a law degree from the University of Arkansas?

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

If this trend of holding folks responsible for what their relatives say there's no chance for Izzy and Sam getting a real world job.

People will love them if they come out with beliefs different than their parents. I think they would be embraced.

3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I was thinking about what jobs they could do, and since my dad's a dentist, I thought of a dentist's office! That would be the perfect place! They could be dental assistants or hygienists, and they would be in the back room with the patients, not out front. The dentist's name is on the sign, not the assistants / hygienists, and any crazy protestors would have to get past the receptionist first. Now, I know besides Derick, none of them have the education to pursue this, but it would be the perfect work environment for them! 

Bit would the dentists themselves want to hire Duggars to work in their offices?

• Love 5

A brief search on twitter tells me that they still sponsored him, they just removed the decals from his car? I don't even think he needed to be punished (assuming my worst assumptions aren't true) at all, but shit, make a decision and stick to it. Sponsor him or don't, but don't make it look like you didn't when you actually did. That's like TLC scrubbing the politics out of the Duggars for the cameras so they can have those bigots on air while still pretending to supportive of LGBTQ people. 

• Love 3

You should have "dated" your spouse for awhile before getting married you nitwit. Maybe you would have figured out marriage and parenthood were not the best thing for the both of you together. Why do I bother! I swear the neighborhood dogs have a better relationship and understanding with the fire hydrant at the end of the street. I swear when the both of them were in line for brains they thought God said trains and went back for a seconds.

Edited by bigskygirl
6 minutes ago, AngelinaMaria said:

Jill looks really pretty in that photo.

I'm sure this has been mentioned and I missed it, but how long will Derick be wearing braces??   I swear Derrick has been wearing braces for years and years now.

He’s like Sue Heck from tv show the middle. She wore braces for the entire show, 7 seasons or so.

• Love 8

7 years! Yikes! I have known people who had braces for at least three years with mouth appliances afterwards. I was lucky because I was told 24 months when I had braces put on, but my jaw and teeth did better than the orthodontist expected so I got them off at 18 months. I still get nervous when I go to the dentist because I keep thinking he will tell me I need braces again.

I wonder how well Deredick takes care of his teeth and braces. He does seem to eat food which orthodontist say are a no no to eat, and I would not be surprise if he does not have good oral health habits.

Edited by bigskygirl

I had braces for four years, which was awful! I had terrible teeth. I have a small mouth, so I had to get a lot of permanent teeth removed. Thankfully, my dad could do that for me. We'd just run up to the office and pop them out!

i definitely think the Duggars could get jobs in a dentist office. For instance, my dad is totally out of touch with reality TV, and the only thing he knows about them is they have a bunch of kids. He knows I watch, so he passes me the People magazine when one of them gets married or has a blessing. He would definitely not recognize Jill Dillard on a job application, and probably not even Josh Duggar. Arkansas dentists might know them better, but NC had several "reality stars," and I'm 100% positive my dad would not recognize Whitney Thore or Jenelle Evans on an application. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't walk into my dentist with a big ole LIBERAL sign around my neck. Hell, you can't really even talk to the dentist or hygienist the majority of the time. They don't care about a person's ideologies. I'm sure that I've had dental work done by someone who doesn't line up with my belief system. It has never impacted my care. I'm sure that if a Duggar could get through dental assistant school, they will be professional and not ask me if I'm liberal or gay before working on my teeth.

RIGHT??!  My thought is as long as they keep their trap shut about their personal beliefs I will keep mine shut.  

• Love 6
15 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I wore my "nasty woman" shirt the last time I went to the dentist but I am in the Bay Area so it is not that unusual.

Topic: I think the main obstacle to these barnacles working is the fact that it is antithetical to everything they have ever been taught or done. Jill never had to work in "school," I'm sure, she has never held an actual job with actual qualification, Dreck seems to be allergic to work. I think they will have to find the will first and then, perhaps, they can find a way.

I really wanted one of those!  I wear my It's Mueller Time every so often but never at work.  Don't think its appropriate there.

At some point holding an outside job is what they are going to have to do.  None of these kids have the JB hustle, they aren't very smart, and their money won't last forever.  Too many people that are depending on it.  Will they flail and have protesters?  Maybe but that is a what happens when you sell your private life to TLC.  I am not going to get all upset that their future may be bleak.  Perhaps it will humble them a tad.

• Love 20
15 hours ago, MonicaM said:

In an earlier post, I pointed out that he was the exception, at least education wise.  

Lets see if he actually uses it for employment purposes.  He already has an accounting degree which didn't serve him for very long.

I have no problem with FFF dropping Jill.  Live by social media, die by social media.  If she and Derek want to make money off their website and social media accounts then they have to understand that what they say and how they act are going to affect their marketability/sales. 

How much do the FFF boxes go for?  Is this a product something fundies would be into?  The Duggars aren't very fashionable themselves (the Bates much more so).  They also seem to try to give off an air that they are more frugal (i.e. buy used save the difference).  The relationship just didn't make sense to me.

• Love 11
18 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm sure that if a Duggar could get through dental assistant school, they will be professional and not ask me if I'm liberal or gay before working on my teeth.

No, she’ll begin by asking you which church you attend. You understand...small talk (some sarcasm)

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

No, she’ll begin by asking you which church you attend. You understand...small talk (some sarcasm)

Or say she will pray for you or hand out religious tracts. I had someone actually give me a ten commandants card one time at work. I threw it in the garbage when I got home.

31 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Perfect answer would be I have a home church.  Church of the Sacred Sleeping In and Mimosa's.

2 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

The side by side sitting irks me. 

RIGHT??!  I like looking my headship in the eye when I gaze at him.

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Perfect answer would be I have a home church.  Church of the Sacred Sleeping In and Mimosa's.

RIGHT??!  I like looking my headship in the eye when I gaze at him.

She likes sitting next to him because it’s a nicer sight than watching him chew with his mouth open and getting all those little pesky sesame seeds in his braces. 

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I guess they got in the habit from eating in the car.

Nah, they just want to rub it in how their relationship is better than ours. Look, we can’t stand to eat across from each other, we have a holy marriage. Bleh ? 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, SMama said:

Nah, they just want to rub it in how their relationship is better than ours. Look, we can’t stand to eat across from each other, we have a holy marriage. Bleh ? 

They are the perfect example of why a person should really get to know the other person they are considering marrying and why not to rush into marriage.

4 hours ago, AngelinaMaria said:

Jill looks really pretty in that photo.

I'm sure this has been mentioned and I missed it, but how long will Derick be wearing braces??   I swear Derrick has been wearing braces for years and years now.

I know someone who had braces for 10 years (from age 11-21) because his overbite and other issues were that bad. Derick's issues could be that severe, and/or he wasn't getting regular treatment while in Danger America.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Or say she will pray for you or hand out religious tracts. I had someone actually give me a ten commandants card one time at work. I threw it in the garbage when I got home.

I recently had a dental hygienist go on and on and ON about essential oils and chiropractors and who knows what else when I told her about undergoing cancer treatment last year. Alternative medicine/"natural" woo shillers is up there with religious proselytizers for me.

• Love 15
23 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

As someone who investigates discrimination, you’d be amazed at how many people proselytize at work, especially in public agencies (i.e. state-run agencies). The blank look when you explain why they can’t do that is mind boggling.

Someone better clue Derdick in really quickly. He’s a religious harassment case waiting to happen.  

2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I went to get my nails done and had to endure over an hour sales pitch about alkaline water. Stick to what you are supposed to be doing people. If we want your opinion, we’ll ask for it. 

I wish someone would recommend alkaline water to the Duggars still at TTH.  They’re skin could definitely benefit from the detox.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 11
50 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I wish someone would recommend alkaline water to the Duggars still at TTH.  They’re skin could definitely bebefit from the detox.

I’ve heard that if you add lemon to water it makes it alkaline. Simple enough without having to buy expensive waters. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

wouldn't that make it acidic rather than alkaline?

Lemon water is acidic before it is digested. Once metabolized by the body, it produces alkaline by-products. It also makes urine alkaline if you have a UTI, the way that cranberry juice does. 

It does seem odd. 

• Love 5

I guess they do not think God is sending them a message about how naïve, selfish and lazy there are, and their marriage is not all sunshine and roses 24/7. And if you have to remind the rest of us heathens everything is fine, then they are in worse shape than we think they are.

18 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Barf.

Jesus, put that shit behind a spoiler bar. Gross. 

Derelict, shave the back of your neck, or have Jilly do it. You look sloppy (what else is new). 

At least, now we know Jilly doesn't have a big zit on her nose, and it really is a piercing. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’ve heard that if you add lemon to water it makes it alkaline. Simple enough without having to buy expensive waters. 

It’s surprisingly cheap at Wally World.  I pay maybe $1 or $1.30 per liter, so definitely budget friendly. Although something tells me they'd never drink it because the SOTDRT’s chemistry curriculum surely lacked this kind of info and I can’t see them grasping the concept.  Maybe Ben could convince Jessa, but these are the Duggars ?.  Derdick probably thinks his endocrine system is superior to us heathens anyway, so why would he need any help.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Lemon water is acidic before it is digested. Once metabolized by the body, it produces alkaline by-products. It also makes urine alkaline if you have a UTI, the way that cranberry juice does. 

It does seem odd. 

Ah, thanks. It's been a gazillion years since I took chemistry, and metabolizing acids probably wasn't covered anyway. I knew cranberry juice was good for UTI's, but never really thought about the whys and hows.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I see Derrick and Jill still haven’t learned how to kiss...

On the other hand, had they posted a picture of a bona fide steamy kiss, they would get plenty of grief for that as well.

As  DkNNy79 said, there's  really no reason for them to be posting kissing pictures to start with. It's totally unnecessary, and you really can't win anyway.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Barf.

They have absolute zero chemistry.  Nothing in that photo tells me they have the hots for each other.  I can see spark in Bin and Jessa but these 2?  No effing way.  

• Love 21
5 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

Isn't it a theory that the people who post constantly about how happy and in love they are it usually means the opposite?  That they're projecting.  I think this is what Jill and Derek are doing.

Unless you are celebrating your wedding or an anniversary I don't really understand the need to post images of yourself and your significant other kissing.

I agree! I also get tired of people who just started dating posting a five-paragraph essay about how wonderful the other one is on every monthiversary. Tell them that in private! People don't need to hear every month how they're your "bestfriend" and that they've stayed with you through the ups and downs that have happened in however many months. It seems like there is always a trend with these people...eventually, the sappy posts stop, and you realize they've been silent a while, and wonder if they've broken up. Then, BAM! They announce their engagement, and the social media activity amps up big time!!!

• Love 8
On 8/28/2018 at 3:14 PM, Quilt Fairy said:

I guess this is a big city vs. small town bias, but I find it incredible that any of the Duggars/Duggar-adjacents  would be recognized anywhere.   

Whenever I'm at the airport and go past a gate with destination "Northwest Arkansas" I always look to see if there's a Duggar.

• Love 10