Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

58 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Could Jill be so clueless to post the subscription box picture thinking the company would then reach out to her and ask her to promote it? Like is she clueless to how these things work? It seems odd that she removed the post.

Her post said it was a paid partnership, and she added a hashtag on top of that, so she did due diligence. That she took it down was that much more strange since she actually did everything right.

• Love 5

FFF is actually pretty great. Sometimes you really get some good deals in there.  Broadway stars like Megan Hilty have done a few here or there.  I used to do something called Influenster, where you tell the company your likes and dislikes and they will send you things to sample, and the only thing you have to do is post on social media.  I got makeup, food, and a giant box of tampons once.  Maybe Jill found out she can’t make money off of it, but also didn’t need anything in the box?  The box items basically scream “basic girl only”.  She isn’t the cutesy, pink wearing, beach wave type that the Bates are.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Rabbittron said:

I think he is looking at law school as a stepping stone to a big payday in politics. 

He obviously learned nothing from his father in law. JB didn’t have a degree(s), but they are equally repulsive. 

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Her post said it was a paid partnership, and she added a hashtag on top of that, so she did due diligence. That she took it down was that much more strange since she actually did everything right.

The heathen magazine. Jill probably opened it up and saw adds for bras and tampons and a quiz to determine whether she's a sex goddess or a tramp.

• Love 18

I wonder, since she removed the post, is the discount code she told people to use still valid? I'd try it myself, but I already get a Universal Yums subscription box, and can't afford another subscription, even a one-off.

23 hours ago, Absolom said:

Derick looks happy and relaxed.  He may have found an approved way of escaping home.

I  noticed the same thing. This is the happiest we have ever seen Derick since he courted Jill.   He is smiling a genuine smile. 

I have no idea how Derick is going to manage law school but the man looks very content with his new adventure. 

It's a long way from that filthy, sickly ,stick bug creature he was in Danger America. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

The heathen magazine. Jill probably opened it up and saw adds for bras and tampons and a quiz to determine whether she's a sex goddess or a tramp.

The "heathen"  magazine is actually a guide to the products in the FFF box.  FFF is actually ad for all the products in the box (so you'll keep buying). This new box is different in that it includes information about the cause it's partnered with. They are trying a new idea which is to pick a charity for the season. (FFF is a seasonal box). This season's charity is Christina Applegate's Right Action for Women, which helps women screen for breast cancer.

Also you don't have to be a big star to do FFF, as a lot of youtubers are able to be partners. 

2 hours ago, Wishing Well said:

FFF is actually pretty great. Sometimes you really get some good deals in there.  Broadway stars like Megan Hilty have done a few here or there.  I used to do something called Influenster, where you tell the company your likes and dislikes and they will send you things to sample, and the only thing you have to do is post on social media.  I got makeup, food, and a giant box of tampons once.  Maybe Jill found out she can’t make money off of it, but also didn’t need anything in the box?  The box items basically scream “basic girl only”.  She isn’t the cutesy, pink wearing, beach wave type that the Bates are.

What does "basic girl only" mean?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

I  noticed the same thing. This is the happiest we have ever seen Derick since he courted Jill.   He is smiling a genuine smile. 

I have no idea how Derick is going to manage law school but the man looks very content with his new adventure. 

It's a long way from that filthy, sickly ,stick bug creature he was in Danger America. 

I think he is happier when he's away from Jill a large chunk of the day. The last time we saw that was right after their marriage, when he said they were in he "honeymoon stage forever."

shhhhh nobody tell him...there this thing called a JOB that takes you away from home for 8 hours every day...shhhh it's our secret!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

Interesting, happier at law school than with ministry through SOS or Cross Church. It makes me wonder if he would have started law school earlier had he not courted Jill. 

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

shhhhh nobody tell him...there this thing called a JOB that takes you away from home for 8 hours every day...shhhh it's our secret!

Please don't teach  him that dirty 3 letter word (whispers the 3 letter word job)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why is Jill's hair so flat and greasy in this pictures?

Her hair looks so flat because it's overlong and the weight drags her hair down (I have ridiculously thick hair, and I have the same problem when it's past shoulder-length). I'm guessing it looks greasy either because of the poor lighting or because she doesn't wash it often enough. With such long hair, I wouldn't blame her for not washing daily or however often. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Her hair looks so flat because it's overlong and the weight drags her hair down (I have ridiculously thick hair, and I have the same problem when it's past shoulder-length). I'm guessing it looks greasy either because of the poor lighting or because she doesn't wash it often enough. With such long hair, I wouldn't blame her for not washing daily or however often. 

I do blame her for not washing it before taking these type of pictures though. She is supposedly trying to endorse a product and make some money here.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

The "heathen"  magazine is actually a guide to the products in the FFF box.  FFF is actually ad for all the products in the box (so you'll keep buying). This new box is different in that it includes information about the cause it's partnered with. They are trying a new idea which is to pick a charity for the season. (FFF is a seasonal box). This season's charity is Christina Applegate's Right Action for Women, which helps women screen for breast cancer.

Also you don't have to be a big star to do FFF, as a lot of youtubers are able to be partners. 

What does "basic girl only" mean?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=basic girl

examples: Taylor Swift pre Reputation, all the girls looking like Han Solo in the fall, pumpkin spice lattes, mermaid hair, Mormon Instagram moms.

• Love 4

Jill IS married to Derelict. She is his helpmeet (gag), and we all know that he doesn't subscribe to the old adage about cleanliness = Godliness.

Edited by Sew Sumi
post interrupted my flow
  • Love 1

Cleanliness is something else the Duggars did differently. Starting out they didn't have enough bathrooms or hot water for everyone to bathe daily. In later years I don't think encouraging showers was anyone's jurisdiction. And then there's that pesky problem of not being allowed to be alone with your naked self for too long.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 18

Derick having graduated from a real college was not in line with the  "Duggar Family Educational Belief System". Now he's in law school....? How does this fly with Jill's parents? They went on TV and stated that they believed higher education was not necessary because they did well enough without it and their children will too. A secular school contains those 'heathen' people in which they devoted their entire lives to sequestering themselves from. How is this now explained? They are filled with contradictions and never address them. This irks me about them....and many other things, too.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Derick having graduated from a real college was not in line with the  "Duggar Family Educational Belief System". Now he's in law school....? How does this fly with Jill's parents? They went on TV and stated that they believed higher education was not necessary because they did well enough without it and their children will too. A secular school contains those 'heathen' people in which they devoted their entire lives to sequestering themselves from. How is this now explained? They are filled with contradictions and never address them. This irks me about them....and many other things, too.

There are reasons why Jill and Derick don’t live in a home provided by Jim Bob. Refusing to follow all of his rules and beliefs is probably a larger reason than living closer to school/church. 

I don’t particularly like Dericks’  tendencies to insult people from the safety of a computer, but he is at least letting JB know that he’s not ‘under his authority’.

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

College wasn't a problem, because the Duggars' ilk don't care what "sins" one has committed in the past as long as they make a show of being "born again" in the present. In fact, a sinful past is almost preferred in a weird way, because it makes for a better story. Just look at all these kids who grew up fundie feeling the need to make up these elaborate stories about how they were horrible sinners at 3 years old but Jesus saved them. And I don't think Derick going to law school is considered a bad thing, either. Derick is an adult man saying all the right things, it's perfectly fine for him to be exposed to the outside world because he's now spreading the word.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, floridamom said:

That's just so stupid. They are ignorant enough not to realize how much harder it is to get a decent job with a high school education these days (which their kids don't even have). Heck, a lot of people with college degrees still struggle to find jobs! They are too closed off from the world to even realize. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Temperance said:

This season's charity is Christina Applegate's Right Action for Women, which helps women screen for breast cancer.

Did she quit this endeavor because self screening for breast cancer is considered masterbation in her beliefs/upbringing? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

They are ignorant enough not to realize how much harder it is to get a decent job with a high school education these days (which their kids don't even have). Heck, a lot of people with college degrees still struggle to find jobs! They are too closed off from the world to even realize. 

This isn't even applicable to their particular belief system because in Gothardism, they work for themselves rather than risk subjugating themselves to someone whose beliefs might differ from them.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, floridamom said:

Sorry, this posted twice  

That's just so stupid. They are ignorant enough not to realize how much harder it is to get a decent job with a high school education these days (which their kids don't even have). Heck, a lot of people with college degrees still struggle to find jobs! They are too closed off from the world to even realize. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I have read elsewhere that Jill has been booted from FFF. 

If that is true, I am not surprised. As a business owner, Jilly Muffin would be the LAST face I would choose to represent my business. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Westiepeach said:
13 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

If that is true, I am not surprised. As a business owner, Jilly Muffin would be the LAST face I would choose to represent my business. 

If this is true, Derick can go on a Twitter rampage about how Jill was persecuted by FFF for her Christian beliefs and, oh yeah, Jill wasn't fired by FFF, SHE walked out on THEM!

• Love 12
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Where? Was a reason stated or just speculation. BTW, just curious, and it would not surprise me.

ETA: Found this on FJ

096F8AAE-FC16-4375-92E5-F70EB5B03625.thumb.jpeg.7b5bc16c56360f929e89c99942c9ac03.jpeg

Edited by SMama
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, Marigold said:

WOW!

Looks like people complained and the company removed her. 

Derick is the gift that keeps giving! 

What did people complain about?  I'm no fan of Jill's, but it seems that with her fanbase, she'd be a good candidate for FFF.  

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

What did people complain about?  I'm no fan of Jill's, but it seems that with her fanbase, she'd be a good candidate for FFF.  

I assume Derick's views and infamous tweets. 

Derick angered a lot of people. Seems that they clued in FFF on what Derick stands for. The company doesn't want a negative image and POOF, Jilly is gone. 

I can understand that. It's not Jill's direct fault but no company wants a shit storm of negative publicity or to be associated in any way with hate .

• Love 22
15 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, damn. I also thought this would be a good venture for her. 

I thought it might be as well...at least the contents of the boxes are  things which people might find appealing, as opposed to her recipes.

Can't help wondering, on the assumption that this WAS caused by Dreck's online reputation, and that she has some inkling about that, how she is feeling about her #BestHubbyEver! ...I suppose it's too much to ask that she might actually lay some blame on him.

• Love 5

If indeed she was removed by the company for Derick’s crap, it suggests to me the company doesn’t bother looking in to who they allow to promote their product, before giving them the green light.

• Love 14
19 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I thought it might be as well...at least the contents of the boxes are  things which people might find appealing, as opposed to her recipes.

Can't help wondering, on the assumption that this WAS caused by Dreck's online reputation, and that she has some inkling about that, how she is feeling about her #BestHubbyEver! ...I suppose it's too much to ask that she might actually lay some blame on him.

I don't know - if many of her followers are older, religious leg humpers, I'm not sure too many of them would be into these boxes.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Just when we thought that Jill could actually make some money for herself, Derick goes and ruins ANOTHER income source for Jill.  

Kicked off Counting On and now can't even sell some stupid little box thing. 

I had a flashback to the very old Honeymooners show. Every time wife Alice pursued an opportunity in her simple life, her her well-meaning but clueless, loudmouth husband Ralph would barge in and spoil it. Come to think of it, Ralph missed up everything that came his way too. 

• Love 11

To my mind, having an individual that adheres to a lifestyle that does NOT traditionally promote healthy eating, regular exercise, current fashion, dating, education and other well-being lifestyle traits would be the last person FFF would want to promote their products.  That's Jilly muffin to me.

Gothards typically don't have the disposable income to devote to non-essential subscription items focused on the self-gratification of their women.  2nd hand clothing and basic drugstore makeup is the standard and has always been good enough for them.  So with that upbringing, Jill & those boxes of hedonistic luxuries scream "UPPITY SINNER" to me.    ;-)

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

Just when we thought that Jill could actually make some money for herself, Derick goes and ruins ANOTHER income source for Jill.  

Kicked off Counting On and now can't even sell some stupid little box thing. 

Karma.  She's a bitch

• Love 7
Just now, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Color me a bitch, but I don’t.  While Jill might not be as extreme as Derdick, there’s no way she would have married him if she didn’t share similar beliefs.  I look at it as Derdick saying what Jill thinks.  

And since this wasn’t a real job, I could see the company parting ways with Jill because of Derdick.  When you’re a celebrity, even D-list, your reputation is everything and that includes your spouse sometimes.  It’s a box of beauty and lifestyle products, so yes, image is everything.  I wouldn’t want to be affiliated with them either.  

Also, we assume she was dropped because of Derdick as if he’s the only factor in this equation. Jill and her family’s beliefs are pretty disgusting and disturbing on their own.  Maybe the company didn’t want to be associated with what Jill and the Duggars stand for. You know, things like bigotry, narrow mindedness, sexual misconduct, homophobia, intolerance, etc. 

Exactly! All fundies stand for these things.

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Color me a bitch, but I don’t.  While Jill might not be as extreme as Derdick, there’s no way she would have married him if she didn’t share similar beliefs.  I look at it as Derdick saying what Jill thinks.  

And since this wasn’t a real job, I could see the company parting ways with Jill because of Derdick.  When you’re a celebrity, even D-list, your reputation is everything and that includes your spouse sometimes.  It’s a box of beauty and lifestyle products, so yes, image is everything.  I wouldn’t want to be affiliated with them either.  

Also, we assume she was dropped because of Derdick as if he’s the only factor in this equation. Jill and her family’s beliefs are pretty disgusting and disturbing on their own.  Maybe the company didn’t want to be associated with what Jill and the Duggars stand for. You know, things like bigotry, narrow mindedness, sexual misconduct, homophobia, intolerance, etc. 

I don't disagree with anything you said but I also feel a bit bad for her. I think because she comes across as so dim and earnest and I think it is her parents who made her that way. Molested by her brother, forced to publicly forgive him, married to the highest bidder and first person to give her any individual attention and he turns out to be an odious piece of work, tries to get something on her own and now shut down. Maybe I am wrong and she is a calculating piece of work, too, and I have no pity for her reprehensible (to me) personal beliefs or her playing at midwifery that could get people killed, but it seems like JillyMuffin has been dealt a pretty crappy hand.

• Love 20