Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

When I was a kid, my mother was married briefly to a raging asshole who, in an attempt to look dignified in a court appearance, brought a briefcase to court. He really thought he was hot shit, but inside that briefcase was a cheesy 90s kid's computer that he stole from me and my brother. 

Until Derick reveals the contents of his briefcase, I choose to believe that he also is carrying around a kid's toy all day in an effort to impress his peers. 

• Love 16

All this talk of potatoes reminds me of the infamous Giada At Home episode where Giada De Laurentiis lambasted one of her husband's surfer buddies for daring to take a second potato wedge off a serving tray. He became known as Two-Potato Chuck on the food forums. Maybe we've got a Three Potato Jill on our hands.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Until Derick reveals the contents of his briefcase, I choose to believe that he also is carrying around a kid's toy all day in an effort to impress his peers. 

don't you know that Derek is carrying tater tot casserole and his briefcase?

• Love 12
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Heh, Jill's never even had a locker assignment what with Homefoolin' and all that.

I didn't realize one could get lockers at university. Is that a commuter thing at some schools? I just graduated from a doctoral program and we didn't have lockers.

• Love 12

A quick google search suggests lockers are not out of the ordinary. I don’t even recall if there were any when I was in school. My car could have been considered a storage facility, at the time. ?

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

A quick google search suggests lockers are not out of the ordinary. I don’t even recall if there were any when I was in school. My car could have been considered a storage facility, at the time. ?

I agree. Never had a locker in college, was never offered one.

• Love 11
On 8/16/2018 at 12:32 AM, ginger90 said:

Jill’s recipe:

Sweet Potato Fries

Mar 15, 2018 | Recipes | 3 

3 Sweet Potatoes

Olive Oil

Salt

Pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut sweet potatoes into short fries (I find if they’re too long they’re more apt to break). Put potatoes in medium/large mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir. Dump onto cookie sheet and bake in oven for 25-35 min.

Note: Sometimes I take the pan out halfway through and use a spatula to kinda mix them up on the cookie sheet so they don’t get overcooked on one side.

I'm sure Jill doesn't have an editor so the only explanation I can come up with is she used copy/paste for the recipe then changed the last sentence and added the "note".  Because there is no way at all, ever that I'm going to believe that Jill came up with the nicely worded "more apt to break" or that she was able to correctly use the word "apt" at all.  Especially not when she later says to dump on the cookie sheet and to "kinda" mix them up (Jill I believe you meant stir or flip the fries carefully they don't burn or stick).  Also going back to the picture - nice try but those are hacked up sweet potato chunks that in no way resemble fries short or long.  At the very least she could buy a mandolin, even a used one, with a fry slicer (I love mine but you can bet I use the holder and not just my bare hand, I'm not into peeling my skin off along with the food).

Have to admit, those photos of Derrick at his locker and in the lecture hall surprised me a bit - as much as I had fun teasing and snarking on the whole law school thing I don't think I ever believed it was real.  I was wavering between internet rumors and he never intended to go or he applied and was advertising that he was going but there'd be some excuse for him to withdraw at the last minute and he'd never actually make it to a class.  I can't believe he actually applied, was admitted and is attending class.  How long will he last I wonder?  And if by some miracle he makes it to the end what, if anything, will he do with that degree and can he pass the bar?  This is going to be............................Interesting? Train wreck?  Revealed as a Scam?  (all of the above?)

• Love 14
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I didn't realize one could get lockers at university. Is that a commuter thing at some schools? I just graduated from a doctoral program and we didn't have lockers.

The college where I work has a corridor of lockers that are mostly used by the students who commute and don't have dorm rooms to store their stuff. I'm assuming this means that Derick is living somewhere off campus with Jill and the boys. Are they still in the apartment they were living in when he was in the Cross Church program? I'd bet that secretly he'd love nothing better then to stash his wife and kids at the TTH and live by himself in a dorm, but that would never fly with Jill.

• Love 10

I'm starting the question the maturity level of people who constantly use that stupid thumbs-up sign in selfies.

The photo reminds me of some ad from the past-- Some guy going "Thanks _____".  Anyone?  Anyway, I don't want to rag on Dillweed, I went back to school at 40 to finish my BA and I was ridiculously excited about everything too.  I'm ok with him on this one (And this one ONLY)

• Love 12

If Derick doesn’t finish law school I don’t think it’s because of any intellectual issue. It’s going to be all the extenuating circumstances. Law school is hard on the strongest relationships and a clingy wife and two small kids isn’t going to help matters. Add in potential financial issues, he may have help somehow in tuition but no one in that family is bringing in any income. That blog can’t be enough to support them. It’s a lot of stress coming 

Being smart enough to go to go to law school is just a part of the equation.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Have to admit, those photos of Derrick at his locker and in the lecture hall surprised me a bit - as much as I had fun teasing and snarking on the whole law school thing I don't think I ever believed it was real.  I was wavering between internet rumors and he never intended to go or he applied and was advertising that he was going but there'd be some excuse for him to withdraw at the last minute and he'd never actually make it to a class.  I can't believe he actually applied, was admitted and is attending class.  How long will he last I wonder?  And if by some miracle he makes it to the end what, if anything, will he do with that degree and can he pass the bar?  This is going to be............................Interesting? Train wreck?  Revealed as a Scam?  (all of the above?)

He still has time to bail. I think this week was orientation. Real classes start on Monday.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Zella said:

When I was a kid, my mother was married briefly to a raging asshole who, in an attempt to look dignified in a court appearance, brought a briefcase to court. He really thought he was hot shit, but inside that briefcase was a cheesy 90s kid's computer that he stole from me and my brother. 

Not only that, but I remember being taught once to never bring a briefcase to a meeting unless I needed it for that meeting. In other words, only bring what you need, otherwise it gives the impression you have other places to go and people to see...and when someone wants/needs your devoted time for whatever you're doing, it's a bad look to seem like you're already queued up for your next person instead. 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, IntoTheMystic said:

I get such a kick out of reading the comments about Jill's lack of a vocabulary. Using 'dump' in a recipe is just bad. So bad.

I want to reiterate that I grew up fundie/Quiverfull and was homeschooled from the ATI course. We were always taught to "speak plainly" because we didn't want to come across as putting on airs or like we were talking down to anyone. “Speak plainly and get to the point,” was my father’s favorite comment. Looking back, I think the ATI vocabulary was purposely dumbed down to keep us from fully understanding what was being said around us in the big bad world. It was meant to handicap our comprehension and communication.

It was also boring. That’s why new phrases that come along in monthly newsletters/updates get run into the ground. When ‘Counting On’ first aired after the Josh scandal, every single person interviewed kept talking about “walking through this” and “walking through that.” I went back and looked at some of the ATI/Gothard monthly literature that was published around the time those interviews were filmed . . . “walking through this and that” was mentioned more than once. So was ‘season of life’ and they’ve been saying that shit ever since then. Why? It becomes fashionable to say those new phrases because it proves you read the crap that was just released.

I say all of that long winded crap because I think Jill is trying to come across as Little Miss Simple with her recipes but she comes across as Little Miss Simpleton instead. She was never taught to imagine a better word than dump though because that's literally what she does with the ingredients. She dumps them in. She's 'speaking plainly' which was drilled into her head with ATI. It took me years to learn synonyms. I admit to this day I still look at the thesaurus when I'm writing something for work because I'll catch myself 'speaking plainly' and it's awful. But I don’t feel sorry for Jill or any of the other young adults because they have the internet and cellphones and access to a better education if they wanted it.

Another thing about speaking plainly is that when you have as many kids in the house as we did (I didn't have 18, but enough) it becomes a race to be able to get a word in. When you have to schedule time with your parent to sit down and talk, you keep it concise and to the point. When you have that many people wanting to be heard at the dinner table, you speak plainly and say what you need to say.

Jill plays at life like it's pantomime, like pulling big mouthed faces and big wide eyes convey happiness and excitement. Like keeping a recipe under 50 words is going to make it better for the reader. Because that's how you 'keep sweet' and 'speak plainly' and love the life the lord gave you. It's play acting. And Jill's a terrible actress.

I hope this made sense and wasn’t rambly or against the COC. I had kidney stones broken up early this morning with Lithotripsy and I think I’m still a bit out of it from the anesthesia and calming meds they gave me.

Holy Moley!  Kidney stones are just a wretched affliction!  Hope you have a speedy recovery.  Glad you got proper medical attention and did not have to just Walk Through This".  And I hate the term "Season Of Life" with a purple passion!  Might have to go in the kitchen and melt a spatula to relieve the stress.  The phrase that pisses me off the most is "desires that cannot be righteously fulfilled".  So happy that you own a thesaurus and that you have elevated your speech above this sort of mindless prattle.  Stay well.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

The college where I work has a corridor of lockers that are mostly used by the students who commute and don't have dorm rooms to store their stuff. I'm assuming this means that Derick is living somewhere off campus with Jill and the boys. Are they still in the apartment they were living in when he was in the Cross Church program? I'd bet that secretly he'd love nothing better then to stash his wife and kids at the TTH and live by himself in a dorm, but that would never fly with Jill.

I think Derick's past the age when living in a dorm would appeal to him. In my experience, law students in general are pretty much past the "living in a dorm" stage of life, even if they go straight to law school after getting their bachelor's degree. It's not unusual for people to start law school a few years after graduation and law students are often married, with children.

I also think the Dillards are living in the same apartment/duplex/house where they've been since Derick started the Cross Church ministry program. I found these FAQs about housing on the ministry school website

What is the housing like for the Cross Church School of Ministry?
Cross Church has contracted with various duplex, house, and apartment realtors in the area to provide high quality and safe housing and utilities for our students. You can expect to have a roommate who is also a Cross Church School of Ministry student, although this may not always be the case. There will obviously be no co-ed housing offered of any kind.

What if I don't need housing from Cross Church?
You will have the option during the application process to opt out of the housing component for a reduced program cost of $10,000.

Now I wonder if Derick only paid $10K for the program because he and Jill arranged for housing on their own. The FAQ seems to say that the Church provided housing is for single students, not a family of four. So all my snark about him spending $12K for that useless certificate was wrong by a factor of $2K; sorry.

It makes sense that if the place they are in is OK and a reasonable drive to the law school, the Dillards wouldn't move after the Cross Church school was over.

As to another point raised above, I'm enjoying the fact that the Dean of the Law School at University of Arkansas is - a woman. Apparently the third woman in a row to hold that position. 

Deal with it, Derick.

PS: I think Derick's "briefcase" is actually a leather messenger bag, but he was holding it like a dorky briefcase in that "first day of school" picture, and thus inviting all the snark. If I were a tall guy, I'd have a leather messenger bag in a heartbeat. Just saying.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, Zella said:

Goddammit Zella!  You made me spit San Pellegrino all over my desk! Thanks for the best laugh I had all week.  I keep picturing your step-douche dad opening his laptop to one of these.  

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I think Derick's past the age when living in a dorm would appeal to him. In my experience, law students in general are pretty much past the "living in a dorm" stage of life, even if they go straight to law school after getting their bachelor's degree. It's not unusual for people to start law school a few years after graduation and law students are often married, with children.

I also think the Dillards are living in the same apartment/duplex/house where they've been since Derick started the Cross Church ministry program. I found these FAQs about housing on the ministry school website

Now I wonder if Derick only paid $10K for the program because he and Jill arranged for housing on their own. The FAQ seems to say that the Church provided housing is for single students, not a family of four. So all my snark about him spending $12K for that useless certificate was wrong by a factor of $2K; sorry.

It makes sense that if the place they are in is OK and a reasonable drive to the law school, the Dillards wouldn't move after the Cross Church school was over.

As to another point raised above, I'm enjoying the fact that the Dean of the Law School at University of Arkansas is - a woman. Apparently the third woman in a row to hold that position. 

Deal with it, Derick.

PS: I think Derick's "briefcase" is actually a leather messenger bag, but he was holding it like a dorky briefcase in that "first day of school" picture, and thus inviting all the snark. If I were a tall guy, I'd have a leather messenger bag in a heartbeat. Just saying.

I really don't see any distinction between $10,000 or $12,000 for a completely useless program.  Derick is still a sucker for wasting his time and money on this.  He really should have spent this last year earning money instead of spending it.  For that kind of money, he should have some kind of actual, accredited degree. 

• Love 14
11 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Well, no. Who are you, Jacques Pepin? Changing a recipe for three potatoes to serve three people to some unspecified number of potatoes to serve an unspecified number of people? We saw Jill try to make minute rice and convert the amounts required so I am going to say that such high-falutin' recipe convertin' is beyond her. Three the recipe states and three it shall be.

But...but...there are four people in their family. I suppose two children might equal one adult, serving-wise, but even figuring that out takes math skillz. How does Jilly work this out? Does someone have to go without? What is she going to do when the kids get bigger, and their family consists of five people? Or seven or eight?

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I refused to jump on the cauliflower bandwagon when it first started going viral---I mean, I liked it and I dipped it in ranch from a veggie plate, but it was never the focal point of my plate. Then I tried a roasted cauliflower with Slap ya Mama seasoning and it's like crack! I made 1 and a half heads the other day and ate the entire thing in a 24 hour period. 

RIGHT??!!!!  I was sorta of meh on cauliflower raw.  Just wasn't my thing.  But roasted??  I make sure to not let any of the tiny pieces go to waste and roast them as well because when they get a bit brown man, crack like you say!  My husband and I were fighting over all those bits.  I had to google that seasoning and its just another brand of what I use (cajun seasoning) which is perfect although I do add a tad more smoked paprika.  I make what SEEMS like a ton of this stuff (1/2 head cauliflower, 2 potatoes, 5 or so large carrots) and its just gone faster than a batch of cookies in my house.  I am doing more tonight.  Its good warm or cold.  I wish I could do broccoli and brussel sprouts because those are fantastic roasted as well but Mr. Natalie cannot have it and that would just be mean to him since they are really his fav veggies.  My mom would have been able to get me to eat a ton more veggies had she made them like this.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 3
On 8/15/2018 at 6:38 PM, Lunera said:

Did she peel those potatoes? They don't look peeled, and her recipe doesn't say. I usually peel sweet potatoes or at least scrub with a stiff brush because the skin is thick and uneven. Most recipes bother to mention this kind of prep detail.

Still, the melted spatula next to the food is a brilliant touch. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 12
18 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Exactly this.

Please note I mean no offense to the wonderful lawyers on this board, who I know are passionate, hard working people who legitimately love practicing law and chose it for a reason.

Almost everyone I know who has floundered around post-college and jumped from thing to doing things with short commitment time frames (missionary, Teach for America, internships, jobs that they kind of floundered at), basically decided after a few years that their next move would be law school.  It seems to me that a lot of people who are into jumping from short-term commitment to short-term commitment or who kind of flounder around post-undergrad end up being like "eh, I'll go to law school."  (And obviously, most of them don't go to Harvard Law, etc but schools like UoA, etc.) Even I at one time played with applying to law school as a back-up plan if I didn't get into my PhD program (I did), because I was in my early 20s with no kids/husband, I liked school in general, law sounded interesting enough, lots of my friends from undergrad were deciding to go at that time, and hey - what else was I gonna do that sounded at least interesting and challenging after I finished my MA?  I feel like "law school" is the go-to plan for a lot of us with undergrad degrees that aren't in the sciences and engineering. However, I didn't have kids and spouse with no job when I was floating around the idea of taking the LSAT and applying. I was 23 and the only responsibility I had was myself. (I ended up getting into the PhD program I wanted and didn't apply to law school.)

People in general also all seem to think being a lawyer = making tons of money, while that is definitely not the case given the amount of people who graduate law school these days in proportion to the jobs that are out there, especially the really well-paying jobs.  Lawyer does not equal "money" the way medical doctor equals "money," for example.  

Very few of them have extremely well-paying jobs post-law school; those almost always go to the Harvard Law-type law school grads and the very top grads at places like UoA.  About 15% of law school grads are unemployed. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/natalie-gregg/mamas-dont-let-your-babie_2_b_6457898.html I assume that this number is probably even higher outside of major cities like NYC, LA, DC, etc (so places like Arkansas). I personally know several lawyers who passed the bar and had trouble finding work or work that paid what they felt they could live on who are now working as high school teachers, community college instructors, and other jobs.  Basically every lawyer I know has graduated with ridiculous amounts (like tens of thousands) of dollars in student loans just for law school. Grants are unlikely and small if they exist.  Most scholarships are not full scholarships and require loans or someone who can fork out thousands for what the loans won't cover. There are very few full-tuition scholarships for law school and they are extremely competitive (ie: probably not Derrick unless he did amazing at the LSAT and graduated Oklahoma with a 3.9+ GPA).  Also, many law school students who don't have working spouses (ie: Jill) or wealthy families to help out take out additional loans for housing, medical insurance through the school for students, and to eat.  A family that has two kids and a spouse who stays home will need even more money to live than single student or married student with no kids. Unless Cathy or JB are fitting the bill for the family to live (or Duggar Ministries still has $ in their coffers), they'll need to take out loans to live (or ask for love offerings).  I have my doubts to whether or not JB would pay for schooling since he's anti-higher ed, Derrick has become persona-non-grata with the TLC money train, Derrick can't behave on social media/has led to his favorite Jilly being kicked off the show, and because I'm sure his golden boy Joshie has his panties in a twist over Derrick getting to go to law school and would fuss if Daddy dearest paid for it.  The Dillards are surely either hoping to grift more money to pay for this while using what's left from Duggar ministries or Cathy is paying, but I'm guessing there's probably likely substantial student debt that Derrick will be taking on and then entering the world post-law school with only to find getting a job as a lawyer isn't easy and that the pay is not what people expect. 

Basically, Derrick better hope the Duggar brand can hook him up with some kind of Fundie-law firm/Fundie think-tank group where he can be a lawyer and make good money at it, or he's in trouble and so is his family. Even if he finishes law school, Derrick may find that finding work as a lawyer is not a walk in the park. I wish Derrick the best and hope that maybe law school, his professors, and his fellow students will broaden his narrow little mind. 

(Side note: I work at a community college and we are always encouraged to discuss job prospects with students if they ask for advising help.  We had a guy from the state department of labor come talk to the faculty a couple of years ago about growing careers in our state and the country and careers with high unemployment or underemployment.  He said law school graduates are one of the highest number of educated unemployed people the department of labor has come to them looking for help finding jobs.  He said this is probably worth mentioning if a student wants to be a lawyer; don't necessarily dissuade them from it, but tell them the truth about the job prospects...because law schools and society at large likely won't do so. Also, I'm sorry for writing basically writing a book with this post.)

Great post!  I know it has been mentioned that maybe he wants to work somewhere such as FRC or similar like Josh did because that salary was a ton better than his Walmart salary and in his mind he is godly enough and perfect BUT, I don't think he is the face they are looking for as a rep for their org.  Not his PHYSICAL face (HA!) but I would think they would want someone a bit more polished and diplomatic to be their spokesperson than someone who picks fights with minors for sport.  Josh is a gross loser but even he didn't pick fights on twitter with other TLC people.  

I used to be an undergrad advisor for biology and the kids would come in saying they expect to make over 100K per year.  I had to tell them the average salary at that time with a BA/BS in bio earned about 27K/year.  

18 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Someone else mentioned above that the law school class is predominantly male. 

It's also REALLY white.  I think I see a handful of black men and one black woman. The more things change, the more some things hardly change....

There is a female law professor, though, and I'm loving it, so yay UoA and I'm glad Derrick has a woman prof!  

May Derrick please be assigned to do group work with LGBTQ+ students and non-Christians and learn that they are people and don't need to be saved.  May exposure to others who are different save him from his hate-filled views and hate-filled heart. 

(Sidenote: I'm also interested in what UoA's rate of passing is for the bar exam.)

I am not sure how he is going to handle someone teaching him while she is wearing that eyetrap outfit!  You can see her knees for gods sake!

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

(Sidenote: I'm also interested in what UoA's rate of passing is for the bar exam.)

I follow the law school scam movement and luckily those types of stats are now known.   Looks like from 2017, about 76% passed, which isn't a bad rate compared to other schools.   

Have no idea if ole Derrick has what it takes to make it the whole way through the 3 years but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

• Love 2
On 8/15/2018 at 4:52 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Looks like people are already keeping their distance. 

And yes, he looks clueless, but that's his default. ?

He also looks like the nerdiest guy in class. ?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Did she peel those potatoes? They don't look peeled, and her recipe doesn't say. I usually peel sweet potatoes or at least scrub with a stiff brush because the skin is thick and uneven. Most recipes bother to mention this kind of prep detail.

Still, the melted spatula next to the food is a brilliant touch. 

After close observation, the answer to your question is NO; she did not peel the potatoes.  I love sweet potato fries, and I’ve never seen them with the peel left on.  Poor Jill really doesn’t have the first clue.  She can’t win for losing and needs to just give it up and find another hobby.

• Love 3

IntotheMystic, speedy recovery and thanks for sharing from your past.

Now that it's official that Derrick is registered and has started, we need to get one of us in there to send back reports.  Does anyone have the time to get a part time janitorial position at his school?  Remember how we stalked Smuggar when he was in Jesus Jail? Can't we at least send a drone flying over?

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Mollie said:

There's one in every class:  the guy nobody wants to sit next to.

Counting On 3.jpg

Anybody know who is taking these photos? Derick's looking at the camera.

Re: how he's paying for law school, has it already been speculated that he may have inherited some $$ from the death of his father? A life insurance policy or something from the police force? 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Anybody know who is taking these photos? Derick's looking at the camera.

Re: how he's paying for law school, has it already been speculated that he may have inherited some $$ from the death of his father? A life insurance policy or something from the police force? 

Derick's looking at the camera must be a habit from his show biz days.

He may have an inheritance, but that didn't stop him from public begging during the Danger America tour. 

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Aunt Catfish said:

Soooo....instead of melting something like butter in the pan you melt part of your spatula in there.  Then kinda stir the mixture and then dump on a cookie sheet.  As the mixture bakes kinda flip it around with the remaining part of your spatula.  When the spatula is too melted away to cook or flip with make note to visit Spatula City to replenish spatula supply.  Got it.

Spatula City: A wholly owned subsidiary of Hobby Lobby, Inc. 

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, SnarkySnarky said:

So Jill is promoting this book series on her Instagram story and blog. Just when you think the Dillard's couldn't get more disgusting. :/

Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 4.12.06 PM.png

I hate to think what she is telling Izzy and Sammy.

43 minutes ago, SnarkySnarky said:

So Jill is promoting this book series on her Instagram story and blog. Just when you think the Dillard's couldn't get more disgusting. :/

064E80A4-9448-42CF-9CEB-23C466A0106D.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

There's one in every class:  the guy nobody wants to sit next to.

Counting On 3.jpg

What kind of class has catered Jason’s Deli? I went to college for a decade years (bach, MPA & PhD) and never had food. I wonder if that was part of some orientation.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips

Re: lockers, we had music department lockers in college! This made sense, because you have a lot of music books that you can't really use outside the building (piano books, voice books) unless you want your dorm mates to hate you! People also stored their instruments in there. It was nice, because it was between my dorm and other buildings, so I could store all the books I wasn't using there instead of hauling them back to the dorm!

• Love 3

I read a few reviews for the first book in the series. Not shocked at all that Jill is promoting it. Somehow when describing bodies the book is able to include that the Bible is a rule book and you need to obey the rules. Other reviews stated it's not appropriate for preschoolers, but the suggested ages are 3 - 5 year olds.

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, SnarkySnarky said:

If Jill is receiving money or free product to post that endorsement, she must clearly disclose this.  If not, she is violating Truth-in-Advertising laws of the Federal Trade Commission. 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I read a few reviews for the first book in the series. Not shocked at all that Jill is promoting it. Somehow when describing bodies the book is able to include that the Bible is a rule book and you need to obey the rules. Other reviews stated it's not appropriate for preschoolers, but the suggested ages are 3 - 5 year olds.

Funny, I don't recall the Bible giving explicit details about sex. I guess I was reading the wrong one!

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

What kind of class has catered Jason’s Deli? I went to college for a decade years (bach, MPA & PhD) and never had food. I wonder if that was part of some orientation.

That's not a Jason's Deli box.  

Counting On.jpg

17 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Yes. This was orientation week.