Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

We know that the Dullards weren't filmed for that After Show, which was done prior to Sam's birth. I think that they were already off the TLC train back in June and that Sam's birth was never part of TLC's story board. However, if they did film it and it doesn't air (as noted, we are just about at that timeframe on the show), you're not getting paid. However, I think that TLC was done with the Dullards by the time Sammy was born, so covering his bills is a moot point. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6

He talked about them "making a pretty penny" off of the birth, so it must have been Izzy since they did do a birth special about him. Even if they had footage of Sam's birth, TLC hasn't aired it and hasn't made a "pretty penny" off of it.

Of course, we're all using reason here, and assuming that there is some truth to what Derick posts. Derick isn't really big on reason, and he is, of course, a huge liar . . .

• Love 15

So, in summary, Derick is claiming that

1. ALL of  their appearances on the THREE shows: Counting On AND Jill & Jessa Couting On AND 19 Kids and Counting were unpaid.  They were volunteers.

I'm still confused here:

Derick thought that TLC should have helped pay for Israel's birth because they were making money off it? Derick had health insurance from Walmart.   

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Because Derick was talking about Sam being in the NICU for two weeks, I just presumed his ranting and raving about the bills was because of Sam's birth, not Israel's.

Derick said, "It was close to a year before we made the last medical payment."  I guess eight months is "close to a year."

Anyway, Israel was born on April 6, 2015.  The special about his birth aired exactly one month later on May 5, 2015: 19 Kids and Counting Season 10 Episode 17 "Jill's Special Delivery."  That birth was a C-section and Jill and Israel were discharged from the hospital after four days.  I can't imagine why he would ask for help with the medical bills from Israel's birth.  We know he had insurance because he worked at Walmart.   Everyone with medical insurance knows that they are responsible for the deductible and the copayment.  Most people plan for this when they consider having a baby.  Right after Israel's birth, Derick had his jaw surgery which appeared to be elective, non-emergency surgery.  If he didn't have the money to pay for Israel's birth, why didn't he postpone his dental surgery?

Samuel was born on July 8, 2017.  TLC announced in November that Derick "has not participated in Counting On for months and the network has no plans to feature him in the future."  The show is now airing footage about 10 months after the real time events.  From this, it's difficult to know if Samuel's birth was filmed or not.  If it was filmed, it probably won't be aired because of TLC's statement about not featuring Derick.  It could be that TLC had already purchased Samuel's birth episode from Figure 8 Films and then decided not to air it.  For someone who claims to be so hard up for money and is known to be greedy to boot, it makes no sense at all that Derick can't be sure if he and Jill were paid for the birth special – whether for Izzy or for Sam.

I think he needs to see a shrink.  He's losing his mind.

He may not have had insurance just because he worked at Walmart. He may also not had Jill or Izzy on any type of insurance. I know people who can get employer's insurance, but they do not sign up for it. He may have been covered by his mom's insurance at the time even if he was married. Throw in the fact he probably was thinking Jill would have a home delivery with no problems, so why have her on insurance, plus the fact he was thinking TLC would pick up the tab.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

He may not have had insurance just because he worked at Walmart. He may also not had Jill or Izzy on any type of insurance. I know people who can get employer's insurance, but they do not sign up for it. He may have been covered by his mom's insurance at the time even if he was married. Throw in the fact he probably was thinking Jill would have a home delivery with no problems, so why have her on insurance, plus the fact he was thinking TLC would pick up the tab.

I think you're right in that he thought the birth would be free since Dr Jill Medicine Woman would deliver her own baby and then return immediately to the rice fields.

Where are the grown ups here? This is the mind-set of a teenager, not an adult. Shouldn't Cathy have reminded him that things can go wrong -- even with Dr. Jill's bullet-proof birth plan? Shouldn't JB and J'chelle have said "we have 19 kids and J'chelle gave birth to ALL of them, and for the most part she did so in a hospital." Are there literally NO adults that Derick respects who could have told him "you're going to be a father now. You can't just hope for the best, you have to plan for contingencies. The health and safety of your family is your responsibility."

And, after two botched home-births, Derick still somehow thinks that his family's medical bills are someone else's responsibility. How many children to these immature, irresponsible idiots plan to have?

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

He talked about them "making a pretty penny" off of the birth, so it must have been Izzy since they did do a birth special about him. Even if they had footage of Sam's birth, TLC hasn't aired it and hasn't made a "pretty penny" off of it.

Of course, we're all using reason here, and assuming that there is some truth to what Derick posts. Derick isn't really big on reason, and he is, of course, a huge liar . . .

He also said that he had a "good job." There's been no evidence that Derelict has been employed in any capacity since they returned from Danger America last May. He may be doing odd jobs for Cross Church, but with all the time he's spending on Twatter, there's no way he has a "good job" now. He has to go to class during the day, so there goes any decent full-time office job as an entry-level accountant, which is about all he's qualified to do professionally. 

• Love 12

Jill took two healthy kids to the doctor.  wow. 

Jill is one of 19 kids. Surely taking two kids to the doctor for a well check up is not that outlandish.  Before TLC came along, Michelle must've hauled kids all over by herself. Jill is an older Duggar so she must remember it.  Its so odd to me.  The Duggars are always blathering about raising 19 kids but then a Duggar daughter is feeling challenged with two kids?  Probably just a show for social media about the trials of  #momlife.  I'm pretty sure that Jill can pack a diaper bag and put two kids in car seats.   This is drama for social media, I swear it is. 

I have a pretty big family.  My kids can handle a lot of things quite easily because they are used to packing up a lot of little people.  ;)  

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I think you're right in that he thought the birth would be free since Dr Jill Medicine Woman would deliver her own baby and then return immediately to the rice fields.

Where are the grown ups here? This is the mind-set of a teenager, not an adult. Shouldn't Cathy have reminded him that things can go wrong -- even with Dr. Jill's bullet-proof birth plan? Shouldn't JB and J'chelle have said "we have 19 kids and J'chelle gave birth to ALL of them, and for the most part she did so in a hospital." Are there literally NO adults that Derick respects who could have told him "you're going to be a father now. You can't just hope for the best, you have to plan for contingencies. The health and safety of your family is your responsibility."

And, after two botched home-births, Derick still somehow thinks that his family's medical bills are someone else's responsibility. How many children to these immature, irresponsible idiots plan to have?

Cathy is too busy defending his actions, and JB and Michelle think Jill is a medical expert when it comes to pregnancy and delivering babies. Even if someone with half a brain would have sat down with Derelict and explain to him about would happen, he would have laughed in the person's face and kept believing TLC would pick up the tab. Stupid is as stupid does.

Volunteer my ass.  They got paid for whatever air time they had, even if it was thru J Boob's Stipend for Marrieds.  Derelict is getting slapped with the real world as of lately and doesn't like it, and is taking it out on everybody.  He probably didn't have to pay for any housing or utilities until recently since the grift was keeping him going.  Bet those donations have dwindled down to next to nothing.  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Remember, Jill is afraid of needles and was squeamish about the trip to the dentist. Perhaps that could be partially why she wants to do her own births.

This would be reason number one why I'd hightail it to a hospital ASAP. I'd want to be surrounded by people who do this for a living (actually deliver newborns, not just be around infants), can tell me what is and isn't normal, and have a plan in place for the not-normal scenarios.

I could see having a homebirth for your sixteenth kid after having fifteen prior uncomplicated deliveries. I'd figure my body has it figured out by that point. But as a first-time mom you bet your ass I'd be in the hospital, (probably with an epidural), listening to everything my doctors and nurses told me and hoping that I'd chosen the most capable, reliable people I could.

• Love 11

Derelict attempts to shift the goalposts again: 

"Like I said, for the year we were paying off our son’s birth expenses, both Jill and I thought we had been volunteering our time to help out. Both of us. TLC should approach all adults if they expect any obligation from them, so they can evaluate their own situation."

This does make it clear that he's referring to Izzy's birth, sicne TLC did not film them this summer on episodes that would be airing now in the show's timeline. He's also implying that no other adults were paid, when we know that just isn't true. How else did Jinger get nearly 6 figures to put down on a house? How did Jana buy a property in her name? How are Jessa and Ben living so comfortably, with every amenity young millenials can only dream of?

• Love 16

That sounds like JB pocketed their cash. What else could "to help out" mean? They wouldn't be volunteering their time for TLC or for Jessa. The only way I can find any sense in that tweet is if JB ordered Jill and Derick to do the show and they didn't sign any contracts with TLC directly. 

Which, if true, I actually agree with Derick that would be super shady of TLC, especially since TLC has to know how authoritarian the Duggar household is. 

I would love a real behind the scenes. I can add it to my very lengthy list of reasons for hoping some of the Duggar kidults will break free. I'm now spinning a probably imaginary and incorrect story of a behind-the-scenes revolt where the kidults demanded their own contracts and access to their own cash. 

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, Zuleikha said:

I would love a real behind the scenes. I can add it to my very lengthy list of reasons for hoping some of the Duggar kidults will break free. I'm now spinning a probably imaginary and incorrect story of a behind-the-scenes revolt where the kidults demanded their own contracts and access to their own cash. 

That type of scenario is exactly why I've been keeping track of these crazies for so long. It will just be too good to miss.

Oh and also I can't get enough of Sam and his WTF facial expressions. <3

• Love 11

Derick may have thought TLC would pay for the births  the way they paid for weddings, honeymoons, and the Duggars' house.  Unless they didn't pay for any of that either .... ?

5 hours ago, Marigold said:

Jill took two healthy kids to the doctor.  wow. 

Jill is one of 19 kids. Surely taking two kids to the doctor for a well check up is not that outlandish.  Before TLC came along, Michelle must've hauled kids all over by herself.

Michelle may not have done much of that.  She probably always had the child's older buddy along.  Maybe that's why Jill feels she's done something extraordinary. 

• Love 2

So according to Derick, J-boob basically hoarded all the money, didn't pay any of the kids and forced them all to participate. My question is this. Is Derick such a wuss that he couldn't say no? The press needs to get a hold of this. Derick is flipping on his old "prayer partner".

• Love 13

Since the ACA employers of a certain size must provide health insurance. An employee can only waive the employer's insurance by proving they have insurance elsewhere. Derick had insurance during Jill's pregnancy and for a few months after until he quit Walmart. Or maybe he's been insured all along through the Christian co-op insurance. Having a kid is expensive even with insurance.

• Love 4

The ACA allows adult children to stay on their parents’ health insurance until they are 26, even if married.  Because Derrick was just starting out, he may have stayed on Cathy’s plan to save money, or she had a better plan.  Since Derrick had the jaw re-alignment surgery after Izzy’s birth, that makes the most sense.  He had the surgery before turning 26, so it would be covered under Cathy’s insurance, and they had medical bills to pay from Izzy’s birth because Jill and Izzy weren’t insured.

I usually lurk on this forum because I find the Duggars to be so different from me, I find them fascinating and exasperating.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Annb67 said:

So according to Derick, J-boob basically hoarded all the money, didn't pay any of the kids and forced them all to participate. My question is this. Is Derick such a wuss that he couldn't say no? The press needs to get a hold of this. Derick is flipping on his old "prayer partner".

Then shouldn’t he be snotting at Boob on Twitter, not TLC?

• Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I have to wonder what the light bulb moment was, “recently”, that  made them realize they weren’t volunteers? Tax time?

So "until recently I assumed" would mean he is now acknowledging they did, in fact, get paid? Which contradicts his earlier statements. He should just shut up before he digs himself in any deeper but it seems neither he nor Jill know how to close their mouths. 

Edited by graefin
  • Love 13
16 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I would assume that someone with a degree in accounting would be a little more savvy about money. Duggars challenging expectations yet again!

He'll never work as an accountant again. Who'd hire him? (Answer: Duggar Enterprises, Inc.)

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, graefin said:

So "until recently I assumed" would mean he is now acknowledging they did, in fact, get paid? Which contradicts his earlier statements. He should just shut up before he digs himself in any deeper but it seems neither he nor Jill know how to close their mouths. 

It's hard to tell with his vagueness, but he might be suggesting somebody saw the money, but it wasn't him and Jill.  Jim Bob would be the only other likely candidate in my opinion. 

• Love 16
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Bitter Betty said:

It's hard to tell with his vagueness, but he might be suggesting somebody saw the money, but it wasn't him and Jill.  Jim Bob would be the only other likely candidate in my opinion. 

OK, but then wouldn't that mean that JB is just as shady as TLC for maintaining that illusion and not distributing the money in an equitable manner? So why is TLC the target of Derick's ire?

Also, Derick was an adult when he appeared on the show. He did so willingly as a "volunteer," he claims. The onus would have been on him to ensure that he was properly contractually compensated if that is what he expected.

Edited by graefin
  • Love 14

Derek seems like he has the mentality that if he’s going down, he’s taking the entire ship down with him. While I think he’s a total dumb ass and a moron, part of me hopes he says enough that the right people start investigating JB’s finances and exploitation of his family. 

• Love 19
(edited)
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I have to wonder what the light bulb moment was, “recently”, that  made them realize they weren’t volunteers? Tax time?

Derick could be disclosing that the contract for 19 Kids and Counting was just with Jim Bob and Michelle.  The "until recently" could mean that the adult kids were contracted since late 2015 for Jill & Jessa: Counting On and for Counting On.  In any event, all of that "volunteered" filming time provided a lot of free advertising that eventually filled their donations coffers when they went to Central America.  TLC should send them a bill!

It's rather pathetic that he believes he is entitled to recoup costs of childbirth as "expense reimbursement." He should be grateful that Jim Bob provided free luxury homes for them to live in for the first four years of their marriage.  That should have been enough "reimbursement."

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 11

I wonder if Jeremy threatened JB for Jinger’s part of the money.  He has the luxury of not being the first spouse and he worked in the sports/entertainment industry.  I believe one of his interviews even said he still kept in touch with his agent from his soccer days.  Jeremy would certainly understand on some level that someone was paid from TLC and had the resources to understand the contracts signed.  Jinger & Jeremy bought their house in early June, which is just about the time Derick and Jill disappeared from TLC.  Jana doesn’t “own” the property in her name anymore, so who knows if it was really hers to begin with.

The rest of the adults live in family houses, which so did Derick and Jill until this blew up.  JB funds the lifestyle through properties he owns, but he likely doesn’t pay cash money even if it’s deserved.  I’d be interested to see where the other families make enough money for food on the table.  Do they have a business credit card for food that ties back to JB?

• Love 10
(edited)

Also, if the Dillard’s got a raw deal in regards to the contracts, I 100% blame Cathy for that.  Derick was just out of college when he married Jill.  He was young, naive, and the first of the male spouses.  He also clearly wanted JB to be a father to him.  If Cathy didn’t step in and hire Derick a lawyer, she is straight up a bad mother.  She certainly had enough worldview to know something wasn’t right if Derick and Jill thought they were “volunteering” for TLC.  But as we see now, Cathy enjoys her 15 minutes of fame.

Edited by saylubee
  • Love 8

If Derick was naive enough to allow cameras to follow him and Jill around without a contract in their names, why is this TLC's fault?  Someone was compensated for the episodes that aired.  I highly doubt that the network forced Derick to quit his job at Walmart, and if he did without a contract in his name then he is just stupid.  This sounds like a problem between JB and Derick.  Perhaps he needs to file a lawsuit to get his earnings from his father-in-law. 

• Love 19

don't know. If Derick is now alluding to the fact that someone has been getting paid on his behalf, I don't think JB is going to allow Derick up in his finances.

True, but he will need a token job, just like all the other boys. He's too much of a wuss to operate a backhoe.

One thing I don't get about Derrick is he's a super Christian, but his online presence does not show that at all.

What, like volunteering, but secretly expecting to be paid back? This whole clan expects everyone else but them to suffer on their behalf. No wonder they like Jesus.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

If Derick was naive enough to allow cameras to follow him and Jill around without a contract in their names, why is this TLC's fault?  Someone was compensated for the episodes that aired.  I highly doubt that the network forced Derick to quit his job at Walmart, and if he did without a contract in his name then he is just stupid.  This sounds like a problem between JB and Derick.  Perhaps he needs to file a lawsuit to get his earnings from his father-in-law. 

Instead of being mysterious on twitter which will get him nowhere.  He should threaten Jim Bob to spill all the Duggar family tea if they are not paid their fair share of the profits for the show.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

Why is he incapable of giving a straight answer?  I have always thought Jim Bob gets paid for the kidults and doles out the money as he sees fit, depending on who is in favor at the time.  Not to stand up for Derrick, who I generally can't stand, but he was young and knew nothing about entertainment deals/contracts, and I think Jim Bob is probably cagey as hell.  I could see JB giving Derrick a song and dance and taking advantage of his youth and ignorance to keep his family on TV.  If Derrick finally figured out that he was getting a raw deal and got the Dillards out of it I would actually admire him for that.  But he either needs to keep his mouth shut about all of the backstage shennanigans or come out and say what happened.  Otherwise it just looks like immature attention seeking.

Is it possible that he signed some sort of non-disclosure deal back then and is trying to drop hints that would get Jim-Bob investigated through other channels without breaking his end of it? If so, he's not exactly being subtle enough to avoid implicating himself if and when it all hits the fan, but just a thought I had...I don't really know much about how stuff like that actually works.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Dr Jill Medicine Woman would deliver her own baby and then return immediately to the rice fields.

???

...I’m going to go ahead and guess that Derrick has not read a lot of Pearl Buck. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Still at it

No Derick. We DO want the truth. Just spill it. It's bubbling right at the service. Btw...if you're hard up for money, I guarantee if you were to call a network, let them know you're spilling the beans on your prayer partner JBoob, they would pay you so much money you wouldn't have to look at JBoob anymore.

I have a feeling Jeremy called pops on his shit. When JBoob made a comment about not being able to support his daughter, Jeremy might have followed up with "Oh that won't be a problem. Hand over the cash"

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Is it possible that he signed some sort of non-disclosure deal back then and is trying to drop hints that would get Jim-Bob investigated through other channels without breaking his end of it? I

Which is now called “pulling a Stormy Daniels.” ?

• Love 16

I have a hard time believing anything Derelict has said about the whole situation. Why would he "volunteer" to be on the show and expect someone to pay him and his expenses. I think he was hoping JB and TLC would fund his trip to Danger America after he probably was fired from Walmart because I do not believe for one second he "volunteer" to just quit and move on. I am not saying JB may have cheated him out of money he got for being on the show, but he got a nice house and some other perks for marrying Jill. It seems like he just jump ship and ran to DA after the molestation scandal hit the fan without thinking the whole thing out. Some posters have been thinking JB took advantage of Derick by possible not paying him for being on the show, but in the same token, Derelict may have been taken advantage of JB by expecting him and TLC to finance his trips to other countries to save the heathen souls instead of actually working to earn the money. This is what he gets for marrying a woman who has baby fever and wants to start a family right away because this is what she has been train to do her whole life. Not too bright on Derelict's part.