Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

That's what I thought. I still think Jill messed around with the birth because of THEIR SILENCE ON THE MATTER which speaks volumes. If Jill and Derick had just come out and stated that Sam had spent extra time in the NICU due to something like seizures no one would judge them for spending time in the NICU.

After all, when Josie was born prematurely no one said it was JB and Michelle's fault.

Knowing this family it would also be a prime opportunity to say that like Cathy's cancer god cured Samuel.  I think they are covering something up.  You cannot take the most famewhorish family who has shared literally everything and think they have kept silent on Sam's birth for any other reason than covering their ass.

• Love 18
15 hours ago, Lunera said:

So he refused to have Sam's filmed because TLC refused to pay Izzy's medical bills? The only reason they got into that debt was because their dumbasses did not seek proper prenatal care and Jill refused to go to the hospital as soon as it was obvious there was a problem. 

Why is he attacking everyone but Boob, when he's the one hoarding all their tv and magazine money?

I thought these were responsible, debt free people?  Why ask an employer to pay for medical expenses (for a planned birth, when you had a JOB)? You should have negotiated with TLC before the deed was done.  They didn't make poor decision after poor decision.  That was your wife Dr. Dickweed Medicine Woman with her basket of medical thingies.  Makes me side eye those gofundme's even more.  Was it for birthin' a baby or for a mission that wasn't really a mission?  Now thinking about all those wedding presents.  Wonder if they  asked for it all so they could get on the swap meet circuit?  

• Love 16
15 hours ago, lascuba said:

These tweets are killing me and bringing me back to life! I. LOVE. THIS!

I could absolutely see this happening. Assuming Derick had always intended to quit Walmart, and considering that they planned a homebirth, they likely considered it a waste of money to pay the extra to cover Jill. (At my job, you go from paying nothing for individual coverage to about $200/month for family coverage.)

The hubris of it all! It's amazing. Here's how I think things went down:

TLC pays everyone through whatever community pot JB set up, and Jim Bob provides housing and stipends, etc. based on how much he thinks each couple contributes to the show. TLC offered some amount in advance for Israel's birth, but Jill and Derrick didn't want the Anna-on-the-toilet treatment so only agreed to allow limiting filming/offered iphone footage, and were offered a much smaller amount than such a special usually  nets. They might have even refused filming until after the baby was born and cleaned up.  Shit goes wrong and they have to go to the hospital, which is when they allowed the camera crew to show up. Remember, we only saw TLC footage at the hospital...the little we saw up until then was all stuff that the family recorded on their phones. They do the People interview about the birth and people drag Jill through the mud, the special airs and she gets dragged more for hiding stuff so she doesn't look as bad, and for all that TLC paid the tiny amount agreed upon in the beginning. Derick is furious,  because now he has a huge unforeseen medical bill to pay, JB won't pay it because while he's good with providing housing who won't actually give cash or pay bills, and TLC won't pay it because they already paid what they agreed to. Derick has been stewing over that ever since, resenting TLC for his debt, and the resentment feeds his existing misgiving about hiding the extremes of his beliefs for the cameras, until he finally just snaps.

I'm an asshole for this but I'm thrilled that these shitheads are struggling financially.

I don't think you are an asshole!  Mainly because I would have to call myself one.  HA! 

No, in this season of life, they are learning how to handle the struggles by walking through fire.  God wouldn't give them more than they could handle.  Thoughts and Prayers.  <isn't this what they would say to someone else struggling??>  Did I hit all the Duggar Bingo jargon?   Hold the phone!  I see a board game in the making.  Rather than just LIFE, how about Duggar LIFE??

• Love 17
(edited)
18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Sorry for the quote box.

Truth of reality = no such thing as transgender.

Delusions of others = see above,

Appeasing the delusions of others.  Hmmm.

This reminds me of the old saying-If everyone around you is an asshole, it's probably you that's the asshole.

ETA:  Asshole seems to be the word of the day.  If the shoe fits......

Edited by toodles
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't think you are an asshole!  Mainly because I would have to call myself one.  HA! 

No, in this season of life, they are learning how to handle the struggles by walking through fire.  God wouldn't give them more than they could handle.  Thoughts and Prayers.  <isn't this what they would say to someone else struggling??>  Did I hit all the Duggar Bingo jargon?   Hold the phone!  I see a board game in the making.  Rather than just LIFE, how about Duggar LIFE??

The little cars with the holes for the babies would have to be giant buses instead!

• Love 7

When he says they were “volunteering”, it sounds to me that the production company probably filmed for a period of time and then didn’t show the episodes. If it’s as a previous poster noted and they only get paid upon airing, it’s possible that they filmed, he was fired, and then the episodes were never aired. Maybe the Sam birth was filmed and not shown?  This could also explain the lingering bitterness and animosity towards TLC

• Love 10
5 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I will pay someone in tater tot casserole to straight up ask Derick why they did any of the shows if they weren’t getting paid. 

Well I just tweeted him saying I heard they didn't get paid so why on earth did they do it for free?  I also sent another asking if their gofundme was used to pay for their bills since they graciously filmed for TLC and weren't paid.  I know I am ASKING to be blocked.  

5 hours ago, Mollie said:

This is just another case of Derick equivocating again.  TLC doesn't pay for filming, but only for episodes aired.  The full episodes are purchased from Figure 8 Films, the production company. (https://www.figure8films.tv/)  Whatever contract the Dillards had was with Figure 8 Films.

Derick says, "As far as we could tell, we were volunteers and hadn't been paid anything 4 the show."  They weren't paid anything because Samuel's birth has not been shown on a Counting On episode.  And it may never be shown.

"We could pay for it fine; I had a great job."  Want to know what that great job was?  According to Derick's Linkedin account, he was a missionary for Dillard Family Ministries.  Translation:  collecting donations.

I'm really surprised that his handlers at the Cross Church School of Ministry don't try to give him some counseling and instruction about integrity and telling the truth.  He is tarnishing their school.  Feel free to give them your opinion about Derick's claims: http://www.crosschurchschool.com/contact/

So why ya bitching about it Dickweed?

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, Mojitogirl said:

When he says they were “volunteering”, it sounds to me that the production company probably filmed for a period of time and then didn’t show the episodes. If it’s as a previous poster noted and they only get paid upon airing, it’s possible that they filmed, he was fired, and then the episodes were never aired. Maybe the Sam birth was filmed and not shown?  This could also explain the lingering bitterness and animosity towards TLC

It sounds to me like he's claiming that he was never paid for the entire time he's been on the show. I'm guessing when he first came on while courting Jill he was there as a "volunteer," that never got updated, and his dumb ass never looked into getting a check. And that truly boggles the mind, especially when you consider how desperate they were to get back on tv after 19KAC was "cancelled."

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, EVS said:

The little cars with the holes for the babies would have to be giant buses instead!

I like this!  The stink bus!  We gotta work a toilet birth into this somehow.

3 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

@Natalie68, I’ll get right on that tater tot casserole. Or if you prefer, I could send you a Stoffer’s frozen lasagna. 

HA!  I like sharing.  Whichever you want to make is A-OK with me.  Just bring it into the prayer closet!

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I

Why even respond? He’s just strange. 

The other day he answered this , perhaps he didn’t read the name?

Oh, he totally reads here. We were laughing that he answered that tweet. That, or he only cares about people mocking him and not the Duggars.

• Love 8

I’m all for poking the bear and pushing him over the edge, but I fear he takes this out on the kids. Izzy has had how many random bruises and marks on his little face. He’s obviously not right in the head. 

• Love 3

I think DDD is playing with words here. He's purposely being illusive about being paid. Perhaps "Derick Dillard' per se was not paid for their appearance on TV, magazines, etc., but SOMEONE was paid for those things...whether it was Jill M. Dillard, Dillard Family Ministry, or Duggar or other Enterprises, etal, I think the Dillard family benefitted financially from these things. Derick thinks he's being a wise guy here. He's only baiting more twitters...perhaps he's getting paid to do THAT? No one in their right mind appears on a TV show routinely for free.

I also think that year of medical bill payments he's referring to are Izzy and Jill's. Again, being tricky with words. He is not a good planner or provider in life. I thought JB checked the guys all out for those things BEFORE the introduction to his precious daughters? These people, all of them, are evasive liars....they either lie by omission or lie by misleading others.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Mojitogirl said:

They were no longer filming when Sam was born. Remember, they were off on a babymoon at Silver Dollar City when the rest of the "cast" filmed that After Show drivel in late June. 

• Love 4

Derick needed to be back from his Nepal gig, get that job at Walmart,move out of his Moms, and live as an adult for a year or so before getting married. It’s obvious he had never  been a real adult. It’s quite possible that he didn’t have Walmart insurance. He may have still been on Cathy and her husbands insurance since he was under 26.  Our youngest son stayed on our insurance until then because it was cheaper premiums since he was an 2nd dependent on mine.  He would have had to pay quite a bit more on his employers plan. 

Jill may have been on JBs policy similarly. That policy probably didn’t cover the grand baby or had really high deductibles. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I think DDD is playing with words here. He's purposely being illusive about being paid. Perhaps "Derick Dillard' per se was not paid for their appearance on TV, magazines, etc., but SOMEONE was paid for those things...whether it was Jill M. Dillard, Dillard Family Ministry, or Duggar or other Enterprises, etal, I think the Dillard family benefitted financially from these things. Derick thinks he's being a wise guy here. He's only baiting more twitters...perhaps he's getting paid to do THAT? No one in their right mind appears on a TV show routinely for free.

I also think that year of medical bill payments he's referring to are Izzy and Jill's. Again, being tricky with words. He is not a good planner or provider in life. I thought JB checked the guys all out for those things BEFORE the introduction to his precious daughters? These people, all of them, are evasive liars....they either lie by omission or lie by misleading others.

Yes, the medical bills refer to Izzy's birth. He talked about how "they" profited from the episode. 

• Love 3

Aaannd here comes Jill with the baby pictures, this time at Drs office. Trying to prove something, Jilly? I despise that #youknowyoureamomwhen tag....

I noticed there is a wreath on the door, so perhaps an old picture.

• Love 19

Jill grew up on Duggar time, so this is a big deal to her. So sad but that’s their subterranean low bar. Wish she hash tagged the Dr.’s name, I seriously doubt is a pediatrician. Maybe that disgraced Fedowsky guy.

• Love 10
(edited)

Looks like a Pediatrician’s office with the board on the wall. Who went with her and wasn’t included in the picture? Whatever Jill.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Aaannd here comes Jill with the baby pictures, this time at Drs office. Trying to prove something, Jilly? I despise that #youknowyoureamomwhen tag....

I have an acquaintance who makes a wreath for anything you could dream up, seasons, baby showers, bachelorette parties, bow wreaths just because, and probably Arbor Day.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SMama said:

If I thought Derick had properly firing neurons I’d think he’s trying to take Counting On down.  Alas, there is nothing working up there.

I've been reading this thread and wondering at what point will TLC look at Derrick's online, realtime breakdown and decide he's making the whole family look too bad, and can the whole thing.

I'm always a little relieved to see Izzy looking happy. He so often looks anxious or sad.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It can't be stressed enough, "And no, as far as we could tell, we were volunteers and hadn’t been paid anything 4 the show"?!!

He's frigging whacked. Does he know if Walmart paid him? The new show was originally called Jill & Jessa: Counting On. Who would allow a film crew into their home for a few hours a week just for the hell of it? No one, because folks need to work for money and wouldn't be available for FREE, because they'd be at their paying job.

Not only that, but isn't it clear that he must have taken time off what he acknowledges was his paying job at Walmart to film episodes for the show? What on Earth would be the incentive to do that as a "volunteer"? The mind, it boggles.

• Love 11
(edited)
24 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It can't be stressed enough, "And no, as far as we could tell, we were volunteers and hadn’t been paid anything 4 the show"?!!

He's frigging whacked. Does he know if Walmart paid him? The new show was originally called Jill & Jessa: Counting On. Who would allow a film crew into their home for a few hours a week just for the hell of it? No one, because folks need to work for money and wouldn't be available for FREE, because they'd be at their paying job.

The only thing I can think of is Jill & Derick continued filming during a lapse in their contract before is was to be renewed (& apparently it wasn't) and he is using that brief period to be able to say they were "unpaid volunteers". And "the show" could be referring to one episode, not necessarily a season.

A way to know if you're paid is if you perform a task and someone gives you money. It's really that simple. My kids learned this at a very young age when I would pay them for chores they didn't normally do, when they wanted to earn money to buy something. Grandma might say, "Nice Lego set", kid might say, "I earned the money helping mommy clean the cellar". Very. Simple. Concept.

The contract bit doesn't work because we're talking about Izzy's birth, not Sam's. He talked about how it took a year to pay off the hospital bill. Sam's just 8 mos. old. They were definitely under contract to TLC or the production company when Izzy was born.

I bet the Dullards were afraid about what footage TLC would use w/r/t Izzy's labor/delivery. But expecting TLC to foot the bill  for Jill's c-section? Really? And I don't buy that  "volunteer" shit for one second. If you're getting filmed in Danger America, you're getting paid. It's not cheap to send a crew down there to film practically nothing usable, but that show had Jill's name on it for a time. She wasn't doing that out of the goodness of her heart.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 22
22 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The only thing I can think of is Jill & Derick continued filming during a lapse in their contract before is was to be renewed (& apparently it wasn't) and he is using that brief period to be able to say they were "unpaid volunteers". And "the show" could be referring to one episode, not necessarily a season.

A way to know if you're paid is if you perform a task and someone gives you money. It's really that simple. My kids learned this at a very young age when I would pay them for chores they didn't normally do, when they wanted to earn money to buy something. Grandma might say, "Nice Lego set", kid might say, "I earned the money helping mommy clean the cellar". Very. Simple. Concept.

This is before Joshgate (round 1, molestation not to be confused with round 2, Ashleygate/strange on the side gate) when there was that flash to upcoming eps where they make a big announcement to JB/M and it looks like its going to be the mission announcement.  I don't think this was ever shown on an ep was it?  Maybe they DID film but since it wasn't shown no moola to the Dillard's like others have said.  Perhaps there are more cut scenes because honestly I was always wondering WHY it was Jill and Jessa Counting On when Jill was hardly shown (picture angry  JimBoob trying to scrounge up another daughter he can pawn off on a horny fundie dude to replace fuck up Dillard's, if he could have recast ala Darren on Bewitched he prob would have!).  A promise of $ but big old Dickweed thought TLC should pay for botched birth #1 and then became a huge asshole to TLC who said fuck this, we aren't going to deal with Crazy McSkeleton.  So filming and no money means to me Dickweed blew it for them and their footage was tossed.  

• Love 15

Except that they weren't filming the Dullards anymore when Sam was born. Remember, they skipped filming of the "After Show" in late June. Had they been under contract then, they would have rescheduled the Babymoon. It's not like they were working around real jobs or anything. They obviously weren't working at all during this time. 

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Derrick might not remember if he was paid for the show, but the IRS will.  (not that I actually believe he and Jill were not compensated for the episodes that made it on air).  It doesn't matter who cut the check, but no one willing allows a film crew to follow them around and sit for interviews if there is no compensation.  Derrick has an accounting degree, he should know what constitutes income.

• Love 13
(edited)

I'd love to see the Dullards' taxes since their courtship began back in 2013. Jill, of course, was already receiving a check, but maybe Dullard was a "volunteer" when he was seen on a facetime screen. However, a fucking film crew followed Jill to NEPAL to meet up with the guy. Was he a "volunteer" then, too? Or did he just start collecting checks after he returned home in early 2014 and the courtship/engagement/wedding ran their courses on teevee?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8

We all know Jessa isn't doing this for free. Ben the Toilet Man isn't making enough for Jessa to fly from this place to that place, their iPhones, cars, and all the normal expenses of a home and kids.

So is Derick saying Jessa knows more than him in how the working world works? A mere female?

Oh and a shout out to all you ladies on International Women's Day!

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Maybe Dullard was a "volunteer" when he was seen on a facetime screen, but a fucking film crew followed Jill to NEPAL to meet up with the guy. Was he a "volunteer" then, too? Or did he just start collecting checks after he returned home and the courtship/engagement/wedding ran their courses on teevee?

My guess is that anyone not a Duggar would be asked to "volunteer" to be filmed and that most people would agree, because 15 minutes of fame yay, and the ones that don't agree simply won't be filmed. Possible exceptions would be semi-regulars like Amy and Sierra but tbh both of them are fame hungry enough to do it for free. I doubt Derrick was payed anything before he actually became a Duggar, he was likely too famestruck and flattered about being filmed at all to even ask.  Still doesn't explain his tweet though, because by the time of Izzy's birth he was a Duggar.

I guess it could be that he was expecting payment for filming bits of Jill's delivery on his phone and handing it over to TLC, and then getting peevish because that wasn't considered enough for TLC to foot his medical expenses. Or he was expecting monies for the segments that TLC did film in the hospital. By the looks of it the Dillards weren't planning on letting TLC film the birth at all but then, for whatever reason, they called them about the emergency C-section and a crew showed up. But that would probably not have been negotiated beforehand and I can definitely see TLC using that as an excuse to call it volunteering, which would explain Derrick's whinging about being all hard done by when it really was about him being naive, arrogant and bad at planning.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

We all know Jessa isn't doing this for free. Ben the Toilet Man isn't making enough for Jessa to fly from this place to that place, their iPhones, cars, and all the normal expenses of a home and kids.

So is Derick saying Jessa knows more than him in how the working world works? A mere female?

Oh and a shout out to all you ladies on International Women's Day!

Plus, Jessa needs TLC money to buy huge tubs of organic coconut oil.  And other organics.  No cream of slop casseroles for Jessa's kids!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

Izzy looks as though he has a lazy eye or something...his left eye doesn't seem to be tracking quite right. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Izzy looks as though he has a lazy eye or something...his left eye doesn't seem to be tracking quite right. 

I think it's just that one eye is smaller than the other, just like his dad.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Lunera said:

Her bar is sadly low for accomplishments isn't it.  She took 2 kids to the doctors.  Her own 2 kids.  Is she saying she hasn't taken them both to the doctor before today???  Will Jim Boob be upset at a Disney, evil heathen corporation, sticker?  Seriously Jill, that's your blow up doll face, stop it.  I like how Sammy has this look of , "WTF is wrong with this woman?  Someone get me the hell out of here!"

• Love 11
(edited)
12 minutes ago, graefin said:

I think it's just that one eye is smaller than the other, just like his dad.

Maybe, but it still looks as though his right eye is looking straight ahead, where his left one is almost all the way into the inner corner of the eye. Part of that may be due to the angle the photo was taken at as well, but it still looks a bit more pronounced than it should be even allowing for that and the size of the eye.

It's certainly not an unusual problem, but I hope it's addressed early if it is indeed the case.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
4 hours ago, Lunera said:

Heh, I initially interpreted this as Jill was feeling accomplished for taking herself to the doctor while the kids accompanied her. Because Izzy picked out a sticker for her. Plus the sticker is a princess sticker. Remember, Jill is afraid of needles and was squeamish about the trip to the dentist. Perhaps that could be partially why she wants to do her own births.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The contract bit doesn't work because we're talking about Izzy's birth, not Sam's. He talked about how it took a year to pay off the hospital bill. Sam's just 8 mos. old. They were definitely under contract to TLC or the production company when Izzy was born.

I bet the Dullards were afraid about what footage TLC would use w/r/t Izzy's labor/delivery. But expecting TLC to foot the bill  for Jill's c-section? Really? And I don't buy that  "volunteer" shit for one second. If you're getting filmed in Danger America, you're getting paid. It's not cheap to send a crew down there to film practically nothing usable, but that show had Jill's name on it for a time. She wasn't doing that out of the goodness of her heart.

Because Derick was talking about Sam being in the NICU for two weeks, I just presumed his ranting and raving about the bills was because of Sam's birth, not Israel's.

Derick said, "It was close to a year before we made the last medical payment."  I guess eight months is "close to a year."

Anyway, Israel was born on April 6, 2015.  The special about his birth aired exactly one month later on May 5, 2015: 19 Kids and Counting Season 10 Episode 17 "Jill's Special Delivery."  That birth was a C-section and Jill and Israel were discharged from the hospital after four days.  I can't imagine why he would ask for help with the medical bills from Israel's birth.  We know he had insurance because he worked at Walmart.   Everyone with medical insurance knows that they are responsible for the deductible and the copayment.  Most people plan for this when they consider having a baby.  Right after Israel's birth, Derick had his jaw surgery which appeared to be elective, non-emergency surgery.  If he didn't have the money to pay for Israel's birth, why didn't he postpone his dental surgery?

Samuel was born on July 8, 2017.  TLC announced in November that Derick "has not participated in Counting On for months and the network has no plans to feature him in the future."  The show is now airing footage about 10 months after the real time events.  From this, it's difficult to know if Samuel's birth was filmed or not.  If it was filmed, it probably won't be aired because of TLC's statement about not featuring Derick.  It could be that TLC had already purchased Samuel's birth episode from Figure 8 Films and then decided not to air it.  For someone who claims to be so hard up for money and is known to be greedy to boot, it makes no sense at all that Derick can't be sure if he and Jill were paid for the birth special – whether for Izzy or for Sam.

I think he needs to see a shrink.  He's losing his mind.

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 15