Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

I really hope that In Touch runs with this in the most absurd way possible. "TLC and People owe Derick hundreds of thousands!" Yes, it's bullshit, but really, it's the most logical assumption of Derick's tweets...I don't think many people would assume that everyone gets paid from a single family account. Let this blow up. Let TLC and People make official statements about how and how much exactly everyone in the family is compensated. 

I keep rereading those tweets and ugly laughing every time. 

• Love 16
On 3/5/2018 at 7:07 AM, mythoughtis said:

In my opinion, The person who will be available during the day to run errands, etc. needs the car if there is only 1.  Derick was at work and unless he needed to leave, that car wouldn’t have left the parking lot. Why should Jill have had to depend on her family for rides every day when Derick was supposed to stay in one place all day?  My spouse and I try to manage our transportation needs without relying on others as much as possible - even extended family. 

Now, if she preferred to have him drive himself and leave her carless- that’s still not her family’s problem.  

My husband and I share a car because we are cheap and it just seems smarter for us.  He works part time (health issues) while I am full time.  I usually have the car but we live so close to town he literally could walk to the store or any of the places he might need in a day.  But if he needs it he will either take me to work or I will take the bus (I kinda hate the bus but its fun people watching).  We had 2 cars for awhile and I just hated gas X 2, insurance X 2, registration X 2 when we really didn't need it.  I don't think the Dillard's put any thought into it other than I need to see you as many damn minutes of the day as I can.  Let me tell ya something Dillards, as much as I love my husband (28 yrs together!), I really dig the times he is out and I am alone.  It isn't much but solitude and being ABLE to be alone is just peachy occasionally.

And to this?:  Personally, I think 25 is a good age to marry. Finish college and get a few years under your belt with a real job to build a good foundation for a family.  His wife doesn't even have MIDDLE school education yet he's talking about how finishing college is important.  I choose to read this as he has learned the hard way that being married to a person who is barely educated isn't the best idea.

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I'm not Jewish or Evangelical.  If someone on a train said "Isaiah 31! Now what do you think of THAT!", I baffled and probably amused. It would be an entertaining anecdote to tell people.   Having googled and skimmed Isaiah 31, I'm even more confused.

I would probably look at them and be like "Isaiah 31? What team does he play for?"

• Love 21
8 hours ago, IntoTheMystic said:

And now he is directly tweeting and asking Jazz Jennings and Emma González (Florida school shooting survivor, lesbian) to meet him for coffee if they're ever in his area:

jazz.jpg

Oh man, I am neither Jazz nor Emma but if I am ever in NW Arkansas, I would LOVE to chat him up.   Maybe a party bus to have a coffee klatch with Dickweed?  Since we already have the bus, head to Kentucky to the Creation Museum?  

• Love 9

You know what I would absolutely LOVE? If Jazz DID stop and have coffee with Derick, for "I am Jazz!" If TLC wanted to completely throw him under the bus, they could meet him and let him look like a total idiot. I mean, jazz and Jeanette meet with haters all the time. Can you imagine Cathy and Derick sitting smugly on one side of the table, while Jeanette and jazz are ready for war on the other?!

• Love 19
8 hours ago, Annb67 said:

So Derick is saying he never got a dime from People and/or TLC and it wasn't HIS choice to be on TV? Ooohh....do spill the beans Derick. Who forced you to be on TLC and who has all of the money?

He is an adult who has given away his kids privacy for free.  If Jimboob demanded he be on this show for free or give him his earnings, I would say Jessa has HIS balls too. 

• Love 3
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Although when Michelle went to the expert, they showed us the initial assessment (not likely)and the expert was going to run tests. They never admitted what the tests said, but she started talking about her "new season of life" shortly thereafter. 

I'm not Jewish or Evangelical.  If someone on a train said "Isaiah 31! Now what do you think of THAT!", I baffled and probably amused. It would be an entertaining anecdote to tell people.   Having googled and skimmed Isaiah 31, I'm even more confused.

If someone said that to me, I think I would probably throw out a few random books and verses back at them to see if they really knew their stuff. “Ruth 19!  What do you think of that?”  “What about Ezekiel 22...” (I have no idea if those are actual verses.)

Edited by EVS
Forgot to bold
  • Love 11
(edited)

I didn't think People and other magazines paid for pictures. I thought it was more of a quid pro quo deal. People magazine gets a story and celebrities get publicity.

I remember some magazine running a photo and article about, I think Jennifer Garner, and she Tweeted that she didn't sit for a photo or participate in an interview.  I'm not 100% sure, @Kokapetl usually has the facts on these things.

Derick really is the worst combination of arrogance and stupidity. I can just see him snickering after Tweeting some 'magnificently wonderful cryptic sneaky' Tweet. "Ha ha, I got 'em this time!" And after reading a rebuttal Tweet of reality, him shaking his head and thinking, "Those heathen idiots are so stupid, they just don't know." Because when you're arrogant and stupid the only reality that exists, is your own.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 12
(edited)
17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I didn't think People and other magazines paid for pictures. I thought it was more of a quid pro quo deal. People magazine gets a story and celebrities get publicity.

I remember some magazine running a photo and article about, I think Jennifer Garner, and she Tweeted that she didn't sit for a photo or participate in an interview.  I'm not 100% sure, @Kokapetl usually has the facts on these things.

Derick really is the worst combination of arrogance and stupidity. I can just see him snickering after Tweeting some 'magnificently wonderful cryptic sneaky' Tweet. "Ha ha, I got 'em this time!" And after reading a rebuttal Tweet of reality, him shaking his head and thinking, "hose heathen idiots are so stupid, they just don't know." Because when you're arrogant and stupid the only reality that exists, is your own.

People is a “if you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours” type deal. It’s built on the trust & faith that exists between PR people, if such trust & faith could exist. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1
(edited)

I have a hard time believing any Duggar would not get paid for wedding or baby news announcement. JB would not allow it. He is willing to sell his family out for big bucks, so I am sure his own children would sell their lives out for a few bucks. I also think Jill got some money for certain articles which means Derelict got paid also because he is her husband.

Edited by bigskygirl

So while I am about 99.9% sure that Sam's 2-week stay in the NICU is likely due to Jill botching things up, for the medical experts on this thread, is there ANY other reason that a full-term baby could possibly stay in the NICU for two weeks? I just want to check.

Part of me wants to goad Derick on Twitter and tell him he should demand his compensation from People for the pictures.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

I don't know about Jill, but all babies in the NICU are automatically put on Medicaid, if I recall correctly, because otherwise they'd hit their lifetime maximum on insurance almost immediately. So in all likelihood, the EBIL GUBMINT was paying for the baby AND Derrick's meals. 

I think the Affordable Care Act did away with lifetime limits? But I could be wrong.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, saylubee said:

My full-term baby spent 9 days in the NICU because she has epilepsy.  She had her first seizure a few hours after birth while being held by my father.  Because she was a newborn, the seizures caused her to stop breathing.  After 4 days, the seizures were controlled with medicine.  We had to be a full 5 days seizure/apnea free before we could leave the NICU.  We went home on an apnea monitor and she spent the first 5 months of her life hooked up to the portable apnea monitor 24/7.

I had full prenatal care from one of the best OB’s in my city.  It was my second pregnancy.  There was absolutely no indication that she would end up in the NICU before birth.  There was absolutely no indication that anything was wrong when she was actually born.

So while Jill could have messed around with the birth long enough to cause problems, there is also an equal chance that she did absolutely nothing wrong and it just happened.

First of all, I am so glad your baby is fine. In the case of Jill, I would not be surprise if she did have any decent prenatal care while she was carrying Sammy. She probably did not learn her lesson with Izzy. She believes God would take care of her and the baby, so no need for any type of prenatal care.

4 minutes ago, saylubee said:

My full-term baby spent 9 days in the NICU because she has epilepsy.  She had her first seizure a few hours after birth while being held by my father.  Because she was a newborn, the seizures caused her to stop breathing.  After 4 days, the seizures were controlled with medicine.  We had to be a full 5 days seizure/apnea free before we could leave the NICU.  We went home on an apnea monitor and she spent the first 5 months of her life hooked up to the portable apnea monitor 24/7.

I had full prenatal care from one of the best OB’s in my city.  It was my second pregnancy.  There was absolutely no indication that she would end up in the NICU before birth.  There was absolutely no indication that anything was wrong when she was actually born.

So while Jill could have messed around with the birth long enough to cause problems, there is also an equal chance that she did absolutely nothing wrong and it just happened.

That's what I thought. I still think Jill messed around with the birth because of THEIR SILENCE ON THE MATTER which speaks volumes. If Jill and Derick had just come out and stated that Sam had spent extra time in the NICU due to something like seizures no one would judge them for spending time in the NICU.

After all, when Josie was born prematurely no one said it was JB and Michelle's fault.

• Love 16

They got lucky that Sammy was "only" in the NICU for 2 weeks.  There are many babies that stay much longer (Josie comes to mind) or never make it out.  There are still women who die in childbirth.  His self-righteousness is just astounding.  He's playing with fire, and there's going to come a time when he's not going to come out unscathed.  

• Love 23
1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

I found an 2011 article by businessinsider.com that mentions some of the most expensive covers that magazines have done for exclusive rights - they are all either birth or weddings.  Ok, US, and People magazines.  Which makes me wonder how much a Dugger is worth 

http://www.businessinsider.com/kardashian-cover-wedding-exclusive-2011-6

They probably fetched a decent price before the Scandal broke---they were no Beyonce or Kardashian, but they probably got what average people make in a year. Nowadays, considerably less, but still something. 

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

So while I am about 99.9% sure that Sam's 2-week stay in the NICU is likely due to Jill botching things up, for the medical experts on this thread, is there ANY other reason that a full-term baby could possibly stay in the NICU for two weeks? I just want to check.

Part of me wants to goad Derick on Twitter and tell him he should demand his compensation from People for the pictures.

Not an expert, but Jill was GBS positive with Israel. She could have had it with Samuel as well and passed on the infection to him. Or maybe he aspirated meconium. 

I'm still laughing that after refusing to allow Samuel's birth to be shown, presumably to avoid getting the criticism they got over Israel's birth, Derick just goes ahead and confirms that Jill fucked up again. Gods bless the person who provoked him into it. 

Edited by lascuba
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The non answer 

I hate to defend Derick, but I think his response to this person is ok. He responded graciously, for once, while protecting his family's and Sam's privacy by not going into the details of the NICU stay. 

I still think he is an arrogant, ignorant POS though.

• Love 6

I think there's something very suspicious about Sam's two weeks in the NICU.  He was born last July and we are only now finding out about that due to Derick's slip-up.  Come to think about it, Sam is now 8-months-old and we haven't seen one picture or video of him crawling.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I have a hard time believing any Duggar would not get paid for wedding or baby news announcement. JB would not allow it. He is willing to sell his family out for big bucks, so I am sure his own children would sell their lives out for a few bucks. I also think Jill got some money for certain articles which means Derelict got paid also because he is her husband.

I've never believed this. People doesn't pay for content -- it doesn't have to. The Duggars want to be written up in People for the publicity that they receive. More articles in People mean more brand awareness and more money for the things that they are paid for -- TLC episodes, advertising on their social media, etc.

I think that they do receive some compensation -- they get put up in a hotel and get new clothes for a photo shoot. They may get some cash for "exclusive" photos, but there are plenty of people who would pay to get written up in a magazine with that kind of circulation.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Times like this make me wish for an HIPAA violation.  Wrong of me, everyone is entitled to their medical privacy but they're such hypocrites.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Come to think about it, Sam is now 8-months-old and we haven't seen one picture or video of him crawling.

Have we even seen him sitting up on his own?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

WTF?

Why didn't they have HEALTH INSURANCE? Derick was at WalMart when Izzy was born. Why were they making payments? I thought JB didn't approve of debt? Why didn't JB loan them the money?

What did they spend their money on? They lived rent-free in that house. They ate off of wedding registry gift-cards. They had a car -- I don't know if it was Derick's, or if it came from the Duggar lot, but Derick specifically said he had no car loan. Why didn't they have money to pay medical bills?

They may have had insurance, but i'm sure their deductible/copay were also huge.

• Love 5

I looked it up and the salary for an Accounting Clerk in the Bentonville WalMart office is $46,548. For someone with no rent/mortgage, and no car payment, whose wife brought him lunch from home every day, he could easily have put away $20,000+ and still lived well. That's a lot more than the deductible on a any health plan. 

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

WTF?

Why didn't they have HEALTH INSURANCE? Derick was at WalMart when Izzy was born. Why were they making payments? I thought JB didn't approve of debt? Why didn't JB loan them the money?

What did they spend their money on? They lived rent-free in that house. They ate off of wedding registry gift-cards. They had a car -- I don't know if it was Derick's, or if it came from the Duggar lot, but Derick specifically said he had no car loan. Why didn't they have money to pay medical bills?

Derick really is a Duggar -- he makes no plans for caring for his family (other than Jesus), and when he can't pay for his preposterous lifestyle, he thinks someone else should foot the bill. How dare that reality tv show not cover the medical costs incurred by his poor planning and his wife's ridiculous over-confidence.

They ran off to Danger America not to long after Izzy was born. Health insurance does not cover everything. They would have to pay any deductibles and co-payments before insurance kicks in. He probably thought hey we are on TLC, and TLC will pay for everything. Wrong! This is why Derelict we do not leave our decent paying job, run off to another country, and expect someone else to foot the bill. Plus the fact Izzy and even Jill may not have been added on to his insurance policy because spouse and children on your plans may not be cheap or affordable. It was Jill and Derick's stupidity who got them in the mess they are in today. I bet they owe money on Sammy and Jill's hospital bills.

5 minutes ago, Lunera said:

So he refused to have Sam's filmed because TLC refused to pay Izzy's medical bills? The only reason they got into that debt was because their dumbasses did not seek proper prenatal care and Jill refused to go to the hospital as soon as it was obvious there was a problem. 

Why is he attacking everyone but Boob, when he's the one hoarding all their tv and magazine money?

I think if JB is hoarding all the money it is to control the married couples. He probably tells them to trust him because he knows what is best for them. I do not understand why Derelict would leave a decent paying job with no backup plan at all. Was he told TLC would foot the medical bills for Jill and Izzy if he let their birthing story be told on the show? Did JB lead him to believe everything would be taken care of? Was he stupid enough not to make sure everything would be fine before running off the Danger America?

(edited)

We all knew something was up with Sammy and good ole Dad rats himself out. FFS deliver in a hospital.   

I was born in 66 at 7ish months. Spent 2 and half months in NU. I am very lucky to be here.

Edited by FairyDusted
missing word!
  • Love 13
31 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Are we supposed to feel sorry for Derick because of his medical bills?  Well, I don't.  Instead of getting a job when he left SOS in Central America, he decides to spend $12,000 on a flaky course at his church and pay for Jill to go on a trip to Washington D.C.  Plus, he was raking in thousands of dollars in donations.  This guy is a total disgrace.  He spent all of that money on tuition for the course AFTER Sam was born, instead of paying the hospital bills.

I don't feel bad for him either. There are people out there who are struggling to pay medical bills even with insurance, and they find ways to pay their bills without expecting others to help them.

3 hours ago, saylubee said:

OMFG! Saylubee - I am so thrilled that you and the baby are ok.  I cannot imagine going through that.  You are a hero.!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

I've never believed this. People doesn't pay for content -- it doesn't have to.

People does pay for exclusive access to interviews and pictures for weddings and babies. Any magazine that gets the exclusive first look at these things sells more copies, and they will bid against each other for some of the bigger celebrities.  If a magazine is exclusively covering a wedding or has the first pictures of a baby, you can bet money exchanged hands.  This is why some celebrities will hide out with their babies until they secure payment from a magazine for the pictures or have enhanced security for their wedding.  Once paparazzi get pictures, any one can buy and publish the pictures which make them less valuable and the celebrity will make less. 

• Love 21

Jessa's head has got to be ready to explode about now. 

What will happen tomorrow?

A. Jilly muffin will post many pictures of her spawn

B. Jesse will announce twin (?) pregnancy

C. Derek will be hauled off in a straight jacket, never to be heard from again

• Love 18

So if we are to believe Derrck that he and Jill never were compensated for their time on the show,  how were they able to pay for the hospital bills?  Does this mean that the money people donated to the family ministry went to pay for this?  Derrick needs to shut his mouth before he gets investigated for fraud or faces a lawsuit. 

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, Bitter Betty said:

People does pay for exclusive access to interviews and pictures for weddings and babies. Any magazine that gets the exclusive first look at these things sells more copies, and they will bid against each other for some of the bigger celebrities.  If a magazine is exclusively covering a wedding or has the first pictures of a baby, you can bet money exchanged hands.  This is why some celebrities will hide out with their babies until they secure payment from a magazine for the pictures or have enhanced security for their wedding.  Once paparazzi get pictures, any one can buy and publish the pictures which make them less valuable and the celebrity will make less. 

Yep. Wasn't it People that famously paid Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt a million dollars for the first pictures of Shiloh? If they're getting any kind of exclusive straight from the horses' mouths, they're paying for it. 

• Love 9
(edited)
33 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I don't feel bad for him either. There are people out there who are struggling to pay medical bills even with insurance, and they find ways to pay their bills without expecting others to help them.

I just paid off a bill for ER services a year after the medical incident happened...and I have great insurance.  There's always deductibles and copays, and if they are on a high dollar deductible plan they may have to fork up $5000 to $10000 for the hospital stay and other expenses, such as the delivery fees, anesthesiology, lab results, the pediatrician bills for Sammy, all before any coinsurance kicks in.  If they even had coverage and that's on them if they didn't.   Even if they'd extended any coverage he had at Wal-Mart they would only get up to 18 months worth.  

Without saying where I work I do work in the insurance industry, and have close contact with shall we say religious organizations.  They are an employer like any other.  I'd bet they left Wal-Mart, then latched onto the 'job' at SOS and had some minimal coverage with them, and now he's in this Cross Church thing and same applies, they probably have some minimal coverage, but it's not free, they are on the hook for some type of premium, and family premiums are expensive.   

I'd wager that Derelict here is trying to sing poor poor pitiful me now about that mean ole TLC and why didn't they get any financial help from them.  Look to your father in law there Derelict.

15 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Derick has been stewing over that ever since, resenting TLC for his debt, and the resentment feeds his existing misgiving about hiding the extremes of his beliefs for the cameras, until he finally just snaps.

Yup, and that frustration is coming out in this twitter ravings.   He will eventually rant himself into a corner, say just the wrong thing, and it'll tarnish him right out of the Cross Church gig.  I realize a lot of people think the way he does, and he'll always have their support - but at the same token these types of Christians want to keep their wolf selves under the sheep skin, deceptively kind and caring on the outside but the hate game within their hearts.  He may say one or two things that'll really start some scrutiny they don't want.   

Edited by CherryMalotte
  • Love 13
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

So if we are to believe Derrck that he and Jill never were compensated for their time on the show,  how were they able to pay for the hospital bills?  Does this mean that the money people donated to the family ministry went to pay for this?  Derrick needs to shut his mouth before he gets investigated for fraud or faces a lawsuit. 

This and his SOS salary. Housing was provided in Danger America so they didn't have many expenses. Except for the several flights back home, of course.

But he's lying about not being compensated, obviously. Because if TLC didn't pay them somehow--via JB if not directly--there's no way he would have continued to be filmed in Danger America. 

Edited by lascuba
  • Love 7
(edited)

So now he's calling Jazz delusional? Nice.

So he's claiming he's never been paid for TLC or magazines? Interesting.

Now he wants TLC to help pay for hospital bills? No Derick that's not at all how this works ass wipe.

Boo hoo, it took one year to pay off YOUR medical bills? Welcome to the real world.

Edited by Annb67
  • Love 21