Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Zahdii said:

I agree, bigskygirl.  Even if Jill and Derick only had one car, there was no reason for Jill to drive him to work, show up with his lunch, and then drive him back home again.

I know of many couples who had to survive with only one vehicle. 

Jill could have stayed home and Derick drove to work, with a lunch she lovingly packed for him in the morning.  She could have borrowed a car from her family, had them come visit her, or had them come collect her so she could spend the day at TTH crying about the injustice of having a husband that left her to go to an evil job.

YES!  Pack him off to work with a made lunch.  She could have easily said - how about you take the car M,W,F - since I will have never let you out of my sight over the weekend, and I use the car either T or Th - taking and picking you up from work, but not bringing you lunch.  She could have used one day to run errands - you're at WAMART for Goddess sakes - do your weekly or monthly shopping there and then any other errands on the way home.  She could have easily gone over to TTH that afternoon and seen her family before picking him up from work.

In the meantime, do your daily cleaning of the house, knock out the laundry and then:

Pinterest - like there's an entire afternoon in itself as she makes ideas for all the babies she's gonna have.

Go to the library, or order a book online and get one of those learn to crochet or knit or knitting looms.  She could have made tons of baby booties and even scarves and such for her sisters, and eventually worked her way up to sweaters.  And since Derrick worked at Walmart he could pick up her yarn order after she ordered it for pickup.  Learn to cross stitch or needlepoint - I've seen tons of Noah and the ark as well as Godly type patterns out there.

Pick up a couple of cookbooks or pinterest ideas and have a new "exotic" meal every week.

Duolingo.com - LEARN SPANISH for free since you were already planning on going missioncationing.

Read a book.

Borrow from TTH or get a sewing machine.  You know how to sew, at least according to one of the 14 or 16 kids specials.  Make curtains for the house.  Get one of those a quilt in a day, which from people I've know that's done it, say plan on a solid 24 hours - but even a quilt in a week.  You could make special quilts for all the newly married couples.  Baby quilts for each baby.  Heck you probably could have sold baby quilts to all the other Fundie families and made some money.  

Make a small indoor, windowsill type herb garden for cooking and maybe spark your knowledge of good food or gardening.

Make lunch for some of your sisters, like JANA and have them come over for lunch at your place.

I mean there just seems so much to explore and do and try out there, even for the fundie girls like Jill that just spending all day whining about when she can see her husband next is crazy.

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

And since Derrick worked at Walmart he could pick up her yarn order after she ordered it for pickup.

Derick worked at headquarters not a retail store so picking up orders wouldn't work for him.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Derick worked at headquarters not a retail store so picking up orders wouldn't work for him.

Ahh, got it.  Thanks Absolom.  I try to keep as few of my brain cells busy remembering things about Derrick as possible  :-)

• Love 2

I remember there was an episode where Jill was making one of Derick's favorite meals with Jana helping her, and they could not figure out how much rice they needed to make. I do not think Jana stayed around after Derick came home. I do remember how awkward Jill and Derelict were going the time they were eating and how Derelict had to tell Jill how great she was to make one of his favorite meals. You could tell they were not comfortable being around each other.

13 minutes ago, Absolom said:

There’s a Walmart superstore just down the street from headquarters. (I survived 4 months at Walmart headquarters in the mid 90s).   

Jill would have had to have a pass to get into headquarters - you can’t just walk in as you please. That might explain eating in the car. It would look a little odd to request a guest pass for your wife every day. Not that “odd” would stop them.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

There’s a Walmart superstore just down the street from headquarters. (I survived 4 months at Walmart headquarters in the mid 90s).  

They probably had to drive past or near several Wal Marts between work and home.  My point was the other poster seemed to think Derick would be able to pick up orders right where he worked.

• Love 1

While watching the Academy awards, all I can think of is, “Look Derick. See these men in tuxes that fit so well? That’s tailoring. Look into it.”!   

(This also applies to Jim Bob and his I’ll fitting suit. I honestly think clothing alterations are not a sin fellas...)

• Love 6
12 hours ago, MamaMax said:

But, every day? As a SAHWife, theres not much to do in the house when you have no kids yet. There's not much laundry, and the house is small and doesn't get really messy. I would've gone stir crazy stuck in the house with no car 5 days a week. I was unemployed for a month when me and Mr Max were newlyweds and I was climbing the walls. I suppose I could've done home improvement projects but we were in a rental and kinda on a shoestring budget. 

I can read and watch movies and listen to music all day and never get bored, myself.

• Love 24

What is the deal with Jill posting all these bedroom pics? Obviously there is nothing sexual about this one, but it still seems creepily private to me.

Maybe she is taking after Teen Mom's Amber. That is my best guess.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Portia said:

What is the deal with Jill posting all these bedroom pics? Obviously there is nothing sexual about this one, but it still seems creepily private to me. 

Agreed. And is she wearing a bra? That would be even weirder if she isn't and took a picture, but then it would be weird if she were, assuming it is first thing in the morning snuggles.

• Love 3
(edited)

In my opinion, The person who will be available during the day to run errands, etc. needs the car if there is only 1.  Derick was at work and unless he needed to leave, that car wouldn’t have left the parking lot. Why should Jill have had to depend on her family for rides every day when Derick was supposed to stay in one place all day?  My spouse and I try to manage our transportation needs without relying on others as much as possible - even extended family. 

Now, if she preferred to have him drive himself and leave her carless- that’s still not her family’s problem.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 11

So,the only one who fits the bill is Jeremy who finished college and married after age 25. None of Derick's brothers-in -law have any of these qualifications. Is he throwing shade at them? I'm so sick of this little turd hiding behind twitter to voice his judgmental opinions, and then back down when someone challenges him. What a coward!

• Love 22
(edited)
7 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Agreed. And is she wearing a bra? That would be even weirder if she isn't and took a picture, but then it would be weird if she were, assuming it is first thing in the morning snuggles.

I went through the exact same thought process!  It's hard for me to imagine she would have taken that picture without a bra on--but when would she have put it on? How did this go down?

I will say this:  I am super-busty, and when I am staying over at someone's home or have overnight guests in my home, I often sleep with an Ahh Bra under my PJs. It's not much, but it gives me just enough support that in the morning I feel like I can throw on a robe and be around people without my ta-tas clanging around obscenely. But I never felt the need to do this when I was younger and my young kids would play with us in our bed.  Then again, selfies (and the selfie compulsion) had not been invented back then.  Also, I didn't grow up in a household where we were made to sleep in full clothing because it was our responsibility to make ourselves less vulnerable to sexual assault.

Edited by Portia
typos
  • Love 23
20 hours ago, Absolom said:

The men at the Oscars didn't begin with a cheap shiny suit either.  That probably means that no amount of tailoring can fix some of the deficits.

You are right.  They didn’t. 

However, my hubby used to sell suits at an upscale department store.  He said that there are only a couple companies that manufacture men’s suits.  These manufacturers sew everything from $100 suits to those in the thousands.  Believe it or not, it’s the same fabric. Where the differences lie are in the finishing and the name on the label.  He said that a $100 off-the-rack suit can be made to look as good as a $500 version.  It just needs the right tailor.  Or a tailor, period.

So...

No excuse for not having a neatly tailored suit other than just not doing it.  And Jana with her mad sewing skills...?

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

No excuse for not having a neatly tailored suit other than just not doing it.  And Jana with her mad sewing skills...?

Perhaps Jana should make her father a new suit for Father's day.  I think the one he has has been to enough weddings.  But then J'chelle might just realize having Jana make all the suits and bridesmaid dresses for the next 5 or 6 weddings would save them tons!

All this talk of Jana tailoring a suit for Derrick or JB is making me think of the one episode of Friends where Chandler visits Joeys tailor.  I may need the brain bleach picturing Jana tailoring pants for either of them.

• Love 4

Yup, for the Duggars, getting your pants altered can only be done after marriage. Marriage to the Tailor.

The fact that Derick uses the phrase "real job" is very telling. Especially since his been working since the age of 5.

Jill may wear some sort of bra to bed because she's nursing. 

• Love 9

However, my hubby used to sell suits at an upscale department store.  He said that there are only a couple companies that manufacture men’s suits.  These manufacturers sew everything from $100 suits to those in the thousands.  Believe it or not, it’s the same fabric. Where the differences lie are in the finishing and the name on the label.  He said that a $100 off-the-rack suit can be made to look as good as a $500 version.  It just needs the right tailor.  Or a tailor, period.

You guys were talking about how good looking the mens' suits were at the Oscars.  With Derrick's slim build, he would wear this one nicely

Well, I guess I was out of the loop.  Didn't know the season was back until last night when I got to watch Jessa give a haircut and discuss her mother teaching her how to cut hair.  I had no clue that Derrick and Jill were off the air because he commented about Jazz.  So why is Jill also off? Don't we still sorta have Anna without Josh?  And what are they doing?  He stopped working for Walmart and went to Central America and is now back in Arkansas.  Is he back at Walmart?  I went back a few pages and there was reference to his driving a van for a church or working at a church.  How are they supporting themselves?  Are they back in the large house with the pool?  Why do I care? Do I care?

• Love 2

Love how he says do not believe everything you read in the tabloids since he, Jill and the rest of the Duggar clan do not mind getting money from said tabloids when they get married, have a baby, or are courting or engaged.

(edited)

Derelict is as clever as a nasty dishrag sitting in dirty water for a few days. Okay, I take it back. The dishrag has a better personality and more brain power than Derick and the rest of the Duggars combined.

Edited by bigskygirl
17 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

You are right.  They didn’t. 

So...

You're 100% correct!  I used to work with a guy who took such pride in his appearance.  He would buy suits off the rack at discount stores and have them tailored.  He always looked so sharp!!  He had a tailor he used all the time and she was worth her weight in gold!!  Also, while Jana may be okay at being a seamstress and making certain articles of clothing, there is a difference in being a tailor.  It is a very precise skill (if done correctly). 

I really go crazy for a sharp dressed man!

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

I had no clue that Derrick and Jill were off the air because he commented about Jazz.  So why is Jill also off? Don't we still sorta have Anna without Josh?  And what are they doing?  He stopped working for Walmart and went to Central America and is now back in Arkansas.  Is he back at Walmart?  I went back a few pages and there was reference to his driving a van for a church or working at a church.  How are they supporting themselves?  Are they back in the large house with the pool?  Why do I care? Do I care?

Derick worked at walmart until about Isreal was born (April 2015?). He said he left to pursue mission work in Central America and ran off with a newborn to CA. 

They came back permanently last May for Joy's wedding. He then began grifting 10k from people to pay for his mission schooling at cross church.

TLC cut ties with him last November after making tons of tweets attacking Jazz, her parents, and TLC.

They live in a tiny duplex right now, not sure how they are supporting themselves. The show premiered last week and Jill was in a talking head, so who knows if she's off or making small appearances to get a paycheck or if she gets an allowance from Boob. Apparently he drives kids around on the weekends these days.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 6

TLC cut ties behind the scenes before the Jazz debacle. They were on a "babymoon" when the rest of the cast taped the "after show" last June. TLC was able to formally announce the Dullards' dismissal once Derelict started in earnest with his Twitter rants.

• Love 7
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

TLC cut ties behind the scenes before the Jazz debacle.

Really? Do you know why? 

Does this mean Derrick's anti-Jazz rants were motivated more by spite toward TLC than aimed at defeating the evil trans hordes that threaten to destroy the American way of life?  Imagine that.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 1
On 3/3/2018 at 8:36 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Oh FFS, she got herself a Wifey shirt. 

That shirt reminds of the novel "Wifey" by Judy Blume. I read it in high school, where I was a naive nerd who hung out in the library. I'm pretty sure it's never been on any of Jill's reading lists.

• Love 5
(edited)

@Celia RubensteinAll I know for a fact is that the Dullards didn't participate in that show back in June, and that Derelict made mention of a split. Maybe he went all in about Jazz behind the scenes, taking a moral me vs. Jazz stand and lost his job. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
Excuse the lack of space. If I hit the space bar, it all deletes. Talk to my phone.
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I wonder if it had something to do with Jill and/or Derrick not wanting cameras around for Sam's arrival...

Looking at the timing in hindsight, I think that this was the tipping point. Stubborn about how they were going to do it.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Derick was replying to this:

I didn't read Derdum's Jazz bashing in any "opinion or gossip publication".  I read his hateful tweet on his own twitter account!  And he's still calling Jazz "him".  He's such a hateful jerk.  

• Love 20