Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

I think Jesus is supposed to be the lamb and the Christians are supposed to be the sheep. My baptist background has some vague recollections of Jesus being the lamb of God (maybe some sacrificial thing?) and Jesus is the shepherd of his flock of sheep. I lose track, but there’s too many comparisons to being livestock for my liking. 

He's the Lamb, but also the shepherd. Then again he is his own father (and son), so confusing imagery is pretty much standard...

• Love 15
On 2/22/2018 at 12:07 PM, MonicaM said:

It hits on all of my nerves to see yet another woman pandering to a man who thinks highly of himself and very little of her or anyone else.

Same. And I'm guessing that Cathy is part of the reason why Derrick (incorrectly) thinks so highly of himself.  

On 2/22/2018 at 1:02 PM, Oldernowiser said:

Derrick’s ego is really fragile and he’s probably worse than ever now, what with no job and no missionary targets to patronize. Jill is kissing his ass so much probably just trying to keep him semi-pacified.

Yep. She's probably doing it to make her own life easier. Cathy and Derrick both sound exhausting to be around, let alone be married to/related to.  Jill has two actual small children to care for, yet no doubt she's also expending a lot of energy keeping Derrick and his ego placated (and that probably keeps Cathy somewhat placated as well).  At this point, I find Jill the most sympathetic, most palatable, and "most normal" of the whole Dillard crew - and she's the actual Duggar by birth. Who'd have thought? I'm not feeling bad for Derrick marrying into the Duggars anymore; I feel bad for Jill marrying into the Dillards. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Yep. She's probably doing it to make her own life easier. Cathy and Derrick both sound exhausting to be around, let alone be married to/related to.  Jill has two actual small children to care for, yet no doubt she's also expending a lot of energy keeping Derrick and his ego placated (and that probably keeps Cathy somewhat placated as well).  At this point, I find Jill the most sympathetic, most palatable, and "most normal" of the whole Dillard crew - and she's the actual Duggar by birth. Who'd have thought? I'm not feeling bad for Derrick marrying into the Duggars anymore; I feel bad for Jill marrying into the Dillards. 

I agree with all of this.

I was thinking something similar when I posted yesterday. When Jill and Derick were first married Cathy said something like she was thrilled to have a daughter and she would be spoiling Jill. I was really excited about that and hoped that Jill would take advantage of getting some personal attention from an educated woman with some disposable income. I was disappointed that Jill didn't seem to warm to her and appeared to be standoffish toward her. In retrospect, I have to give Jill credit for treating her respectfully, but maintaining her distance. Jill has enough crazy to deal with.

• Love 10

I think Jill would take a lot of patience to be around especially since she is so clinging with Derick. They both would drain anyone who would be around them more than five minutes. She needs someone to hold her hand for her and expects other to take care of her and her children. The sad fact is their expectations of marriage and what they want in a spouse has not come true for either one. It takes two to make a marriage, and they both along with their families in some ways, are to blame for their problems. She acts like a giggly thirteen year old girl with her first crush, and he acts like a cranky father figure who does not want to be married or wants children. Derick has went off the deep end, Cathy is his enabler, and Jill is just along for the ride.

On 2/24/2018 at 4:50 PM, sixlets said:

I am so pissed off at myself for liking Cathy in the beginning.  Any redeeming qualities Dwerp had from the start came from his dad.  Everything we see now came directly from her.  She is so damn smug, with her highfalutin nose stuck up in the air (and up the Duggars' assess).  She follows her "prodigy" around the internets defending him from all the mean people.  Puh-lease.  I hope she gets a nosebleed from sitting up on her pedestal too long.

I think the smugness was always there just beneath the surface, but I do wonder if the cancer treatments played some part in her overt nastiness now. My father went through chemo and radiation therapy and his personality changed so much. This tough no nonsense man would burst into tears and curse at people. He never behaved like that before. He can also turn nasty in a second. It sure makes me think twice about doing those treatments if I am unfortunate enough to need them. I've had others relate similar experiences. Just makes me wonder about Cathy.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Normades said:

I think the smugness was always there just beneath the surface, but I do wonder if the cancer treatments played some part in her overt nastiness now. My father went through chemo and radiation therapy and his personality changed so much. This tough no nonsense man would burst into tears and curse at people. He never behaved like that before. He can also turn nasty in a second. It sure makes me think twice about doing those treatments if I am unfortunate enough to need them. I've had others relate similar experiences. Just makes me wonder about Cathy.

I have seen behavioral changes in a number of people with cancer.

It’s a real thing, IMO.

• Love 4

I think Cathy would have been like this without having cancer. I thought something was off with the Derick and his mother when he first came on the scene. I wondered if they offered therapy for Cathy when she first started treatment. I can understand the patient's personality changing because the patient has been told you have a life threatening illness and need specific type of treatment in order to make it. I remembered what my husband went through when he first started dialysis. I also remembered being angry and frustrated at everyone and everything. I could be mad one minute, sad the next minute, and wanting to slap the crap out of someone else the next minute. The day my husband went to Seattle for his transplant I was a nervous wreck while he was mostly calm. I cried my eyes out when I found out he got his kidney, and I cried for his donor and her family. He was scared, but he did not show it. I think he was in shock after his transplant and was sad someone died so he could have a new start at life. His family on the other hand were being asses about the whole thing and not one of them ever ask about his donor and her family. I put them in the same category with Derick and Cathy. And yes once again, it is not a compliment.

2 minutes ago, Aja said:

Quite honestly, even without any of Joshley's antics, there's something going on in the psyches of a mother and son who think it would be a good idea to get involved with this family on any level. Take a second and think about what instant fame would be worth for you. Would you do anything for it? Give your entire life over for it? Think about it honestly. Would fame and a TV show be worth having your face and name splashed all over sixth-rate gossip rags? Both Derick and Cathy seem to compulsively court this kind of attention. They're both obsessed with perpetuating the myths that the dwindling number of leghumpers buy into...Derick TOTALLY has a job. They TOTALLY live their lives for Christ. They TOTALLY are engaged in active and compassionate action for the betterment of society. (LOL) It's so fucking ridiculous that THEY can't even defend it...they give vague non-answers and then change the subject altogether. It's one of the most pathetic facades I've ever seen--if you dress up reality TV famewhoring in Jesus clothes, it's STILL reality TV famewhoring. Aggressively trying to justify and glorify your shit on religious grounds is a pretty classic charlatan tactic. The fact that Derick is 100% down with hanging out and showing his support for the man that molested his wife when she was a child says all you need to know about Derick, his priorities, and what he's trying to promote in the world.

You are speaking my language! If my new headship would allow it, I am leaving you ten cents in my will instead of the usual five cents. Grifting Derick is so desperate for money to sell his religious beliefs he would take money from the devil child aka Josh.

I can imagine many youngins, prior to their frontal lobe being fully developed, buying into the Duggar fame. I mean look at the talk shows and other reality shows. Many people, even grown ass adults, put themselves out there and share some weird ass stuff.

I do think Cathy and Derick fit into some Entitled Christian Tribe prior to joining the Duggar fame though. But for someone like Ben, he probably imagined himself and Jessa becoming the Fundy Kardashians. He may still have that unrealistic dream.

And honestly, regardless of mine or anyone else's thoughts, I really don't think any of the Duggars continue to spend much time thinking about the molestations. Even in real non-Fundy life, many folks move on, with or without forgiveness.

• Love 10

I mean...social media famous people get hate ALL the time.  Mommy vloggers get RIPPED to shreds hundreds of times per day and they don’t ever respond nonstop obsessively like this.  The celebrities who get hate or criticized either just leave it alone, or in some cases, leave social media (Daisy Ridley), turn off comments (Taylor Swift), or do damage control with cute photos and distractions (Jessa, even).  This reminds me of when Amanda Bynes had a meltdown and started yelling back at people.  There’s something not right here, if people are truly fulfilled or busy, the comments would just slide off their backs. 

Hell, one vlogger I follow (Jesssfam) who has a million kids and is a bit of a mess, she has a whole forum devoted to discussing/bashing her and she takes it in stride and ignores the over enthusiastic haters, follows the actual good advice, and maybe once a month will mention something about not letting negativity get to her.  And she’s raising 5 kids and 2 step kids without the help of sister moms.

• Love 4

I had breast cancer last year and underwent surgery, then 33 rounds of radiation. I was lucky in that I didn't need chemotherapy, but I'm on a hormone blocker (Tamoxifen) which is considered a chemo drug for the next several years. The main personality change I had was anxiety and depression during my treatments. Within a few months after I finished, I pretty much felt like my old self again. I think Cathy's personality wasn't great to start with, and maybe going through cancer made it worse. As we've seen with Derrick, he's not a nice guy. We thought he was in the beginning but over time we saw what he was really like. I do feel a bit sorry for Jill, especially now that she's off the show. 

• Love 17
9 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Please, please, someone tell me that hasn't been blocked - did you tweet Dufus and ask him what his full time job was and where? and did he respond with actual relatable words???

Probably on lunch from the CCC school. he will never, ever admit to his actual job.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Probably on lunch from the CCC school. he will never, ever admit to his actual job.

He can't admit to what he doesn't have....   He thinks that by saying it enough times, it becomes true.   Someone should tweet at him the definition of a job.   As in, THEY pay YOU, not YOU pay THEM.    Fucknut.

• Love 22
50 minutes ago, Aja said:

DOING WHAT??? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DOING WHAT????????????????????????????

THINGS FOR REASONS! COULD I NOT BE MORE TRANSPARENTLY HONEST?

-Derick Dillard: International Man of Perpetual Mystery.

• Love 23
23 hours ago, Aja said:

Quite honestly, even without any of Joshley's antics, there's something going on in the psyches of a mother and son who think it would be a good idea to get involved with this family on any level. Take a second and think about what instant fame would be worth for you. Would you do anything for it? Give your entire life over for it? Think about it honestly. Would fame and a TV show be worth having your face and name splashed all over sixth-rate gossip rags? Both Derick and Cathy seem to compulsively court this kind of attention. They're both obsessed with perpetuating the myths that the dwindling number of leghumpers buy into...Derick TOTALLY has a job. They TOTALLY live their lives for Christ. They TOTALLY are engaged in active and compassionate action for the betterment of society. (LOL) It's so fucking ridiculous that THEY can't even defend it...they give vague non-answers and then change the subject altogether. It's one of the most pathetic facades I've ever seen--if you dress up reality TV famewhoring in Jesus clothes, it's STILL reality TV famewhoring. Aggressively trying to justify and glorify your shit on religious grounds is a pretty classic charlatan tactic. The fact that Derick is 100% down with hanging out and showing his support for the man that molested his wife when she was a child says all you need to know about Derick, his priorities, and what he's trying to promote in the world.

Love, love, love this post 1000 times.  

• Love 6

I feel bad for Jill because of what Josh and idiot parents have done to her, but I do not feel bad for her when it comes to her marriage. She acts like she was a giggly teenage girl with her first crush when Derick came a calling. She is his enabler just like he is her enabler. She put on an act when they were courting, but once the vows were said and married life kicked in, they were both fish out of water. This is what happens when you live in the Duggar bubble. I know Derick is her headship, but come on Jill acting like a giggly clinging girl with a mindset of a thirteen year playing house with a husband and two young children is not helping the situation. To be honest about it, if I was married to someone like Jill, I probably might go off the deep end too. Not saying Derick is completely innocent and had his own motives, but this is what they both paid for.

Edited by bigskygirl

Derick, you should do better at hiding your raging homophobia, then inviting the LGBTQ community to your chucrch to practice praying the gay away.

9BB117B5-4918-4B99-A474-432EE0BAB6F3.thumb.jpeg.cafa45146662cdfc40a1f9f569711f0c.jpeg

Edited by SMama
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Don't these fuckwads use their own children to push a conservative agenda?

THIS times a million. Jesus Christ, your own WIFE exists just to stick it to liberals, Derick.

• Love 21

@Natalie68, if I wasn’t blocked I’d love to posit that question to Derelict. Strange thing, even when logged out of my Twitter account I can’t access Picasso’s account from my phone and laptop. I can only access it with my iPad only. Any tech savvy people here know why? Just curious. I did access his account from all three devices while logged in to my account. ?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SMama said:

@Natalie68, if I wasn’t blocked I’d love to posit that question to Derelict. Strange thing, even when logged out of my Twitter account I can’t access Picasso’s account from my phone and laptop. I can only access it with my iPad only. Any tech savvy people here know why? Just curious. I did access his account from all three devices while logged in to my account. ?

Well I am not blocked yet despite trying to be (HA!).  I will send it.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I really want to respond to Derrck and ask him where on the Bible does Jesus say that unfettered access to guns is the right of every Christian.  If only he could listen to reason.

Of course its in there!  What do you think was used to fight off dinosaurs???  

• Love 24

I always come here to this forum to see what jackass thing Derick is saying now.  He never disappoints!

I'm sorry but that is one ugly nose piercing on Jill.   I'm not into body piercing but isn't there something a little more attractive she could put in her nose besides that ugly stud?  It's just so gross and I still look at it wondering if it's just an infected pimple or wart.  Body jewelry shouldn't be mistaken for an infection, should it? 

#grossnoseJill   #isitawart  

• Love 16