Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm no @doodlebug but...

Jill labored for quite some time before going to the hospital with a rather large baby who was in the breech position. Delivering a baby feet first can be dangerous because the largest parts, shoulders and head, are exiting last and the baby can become stuck. Laboring for hour upon hour without fetal monitoring is dangerous because the baby can become distressed and need a delivery intervention.

If Jill had proper prenatal care this would have been known far before labor began and they would have tried to turn Israel and would have scheduled a c-section if they couldn't. Jill and Derick put the baby and Jill at huge risk by not recognizing Israel's position prior to deliver and by laboring for so long without real medical attention.

From what I understand an OB or a midwife would have been able to figure out Israel was breech even without an ultrasound by the location of the heartbeat and by manual external and internal exams. 

There's a saying that a physician who treats himself has a fool for a patient. That holds true for being cared for by an untrained and poorly educated midwife, yourself or another, as well.

I'm clueless to Sam's labor and delivery however he was delivered in a hospital and needed medical intervention after delivery. I'm unsure if any of that was planned or emergent. 

Oh I didn’t realise Izzy was breech 

big and breech ... my eyes water at the thought 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Two pictures in link.....best hubby.....,

I'm so grossed out as I know that has to be sparkling grape juice since they don't drink alcohol.   Trying to drink grape juice while eating a steak dinner is disgusting.  Interesting that the grifters own champagne glasses.....

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Where's the baked potatoes? The bowl of strawberries seem out of place but I know they're proving to the world they eat healthy. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Once again it’s odd they don’t think any of us heathens have decent husbands. Mine cooked dinner and  cleaned the house on Wednesday. He didn’t even know it was Valentine’s Day as we don’t celebrate it and daycare did it on the 13th. While nice I didn’t feel the need to post about it in social media. It’s a normal adult thing to do. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Trillium said:

Once again it’s odd they don’t think any of us heathens have decent husbands. Mine cooked dinner and  cleaned the house on Wednesday. He didn’t even know it was Valentine’s Day as we don’t celebrate it and daycare did it on the 13th. While nice I didn’t feel the need to post about it in social media. It’s a normal adult thing to do. 

Eh, most of my social media friends posted about valentines day- showing flowers, dinners ect. It isn't not a fundie thing. Its an under 35 thing lol

I ate chickfila in my car alone. I actually did almost post about it. LOL! Both my husband and I worked very late I didn't even see him past 745 am on valentines day.

But yeah, I like that sparkling grape juice but NOT with steak. Ew! Way too sweet. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 11

I keep looking at that lonesome piece of steak sitting on just one of two otherwise empty plates, and it just bugs me. Granted, there seem to be some mushrooms on the steak, but still...why absolutely no attempt to plate the dinner in a way that made it look special? Even havingthe salad on the same plate as the steak would look better. Are they sharing the steak? Then why photograph it on one plate? Is there aother steak coming? Then why not wait until both are on the table? Is one of them going vegetarian (which I wonder, given that there seem to have been some references to vegan recipes lately)?Then why make  steak for a special meal, and why, in God's name would you not have another side dish or two? Maybe they are also avoiding carbs or something, thus no baked potato, but how hard would it have been to have a side of green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, or some other veggie on the plate with that lonesome steak? As usual, the photo raises ore questions with me than providing me with any insight into their world...

• Love 22
9 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Eh, most of my social media friends posted about valentines day- showing flowers, dinners ect. It isn't not a fundie thing. Its an under 35 thing lol

I ate chickfila in my car alone. I actually did almost post about it. LOL! Both my husband and I worked very late I didn't even see him past 745 am on valentines day.

But yeah, I like that sparkling grape juice but NOT with steak. Ew! Way too sweet. 

I’m 36 so it must be! LOL. And it’s not so much that she posted it but that she thinks him doing something like that makes him the greatest ever. It’s a nice thing to do but it’s also a fairly common thing to do. Her and Jessa seem to think they have some extra special marriages because Jesus. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I bet Derick hasn’t let her in on the fact that steak doesn’t necessarily mean chewy cheap meat. “Oh yeah, this is how it tastes in restaurants.”  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

I bet Derick hasn’t let her in on the fact that steak doesn’t necessarily mean chewy cheap meat. “Oh yeah, this is how it tastes in restaurants.”  

Jill would probably just microwave a raw steak.

• Love 8

For some reason I may have a hard time explaining, I question someone who has to remind the rest of us how wonderful her husband is. Yes, Derick was the first boy (sorry I know I should say man, but...) to pay attention to her outside her father and brothers (leave Josh out of the list because you know...) but please stop with the husband is the greatest crap. She is trying to prove how happy they are, but she is failing at doing a good job of convincing us.

Edited by bigskygirl
I will learn to type and think at the same time one day.
On 2/9/2018 at 8:10 PM, jennblevins said:

If I didn’t know any better, and I bothered to think about it, I’d look at that picture and see, from left to right:

- Polyamorous group of 4

- Straight couple

- Lesbian couple with toddler

- Single guy with baby

- Gay couple

... the funny thing is, I’m pretty sure TLC would air that show, too. 

Thank you for not being the only one who saw that! 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Where's the baked potatoes? The bowl of strawberries seem out of place but I know they're proving to the world they eat healthy. 

Its their way of saying they are going to have s-e-x and be all romantic like it is in books (doncha know, strawberries = boning).  I am just glad we weren't shown a Dickweed rubbing feet moment with candles in the background.  I did notice there was a lot of cheese on that salad.  But hey, its a green!  On another note, wonder how many people they fellowship with can actually afford a steak?  Plus, if you can afford a steak you can afford to quit asking for money from others.  

I do feel a bit badly about ONE THING regarding Dickweed and his prepubescent wife.  He has to live up to all her preconceived notions about romance and Prince Charming when she really got stuck with Renfield.

• Love 9

Sadly, Jill has probably not lived up to his preconceived notions about what type of wife he wanted either. This is what you get for a short courtship, not really getting to know one another before saying I do, and getting pregnant so fast.

10 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Sadly, Jill has probably not lived up to his preconceived notions about what type of wife he wanted either. This is what you get for a short courtship, not really getting to know one another before saying I do, and getting pregnant so fast.

EXACTLY!!!!  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

And even allowing for the fact that steak is expensive, couple the fact that they only need two portions since Sam & Izzy don't need steak, and you have a piece of meat that they can doubtless find for $6-7/lb tops during a "romantic" week's flyer even for a pound of ribeye steak, which is better than whatever cut that was pictured - enough to feed two people even with the weight of the bone factored in...then add vegetables for two people (again, discounting the kids since I'm trying to calculate the cost of a real "treat" just for  the two of them) at a couple more dollars, and a couple more each for the strawberries and grape juice Not counting the salad dressing since they will have that for many more meals...and you come to a cost of about $15-18 total for the two of them including sides of veggies and baked potatoes, and maybe even some whipping cream for the strawberries if you factor in things which can be used for ore than one meal...Which might be a real stretch and splurge for some families living hand-to-mouth daily, but somehow I doubt holds true for them...Is that really the BEST they could do to not only deal with but to brag on social media about how wonderful it all was when what they actually presented was only half of what it might have been if they put actual thought into it?

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, SMama said:

When will these two nincompoops learn how to stage a picture? 

Probably never, since it would first require them to admit, even to themselves, that they are not the absolute greatest photographers that Jesus ever blessed with a smartphone. Then, they would have to be willing to get some type of training, either a college class or even a freebie Internet tutorial, and we all know that the only education they excel at is either uninspired Bible-based drivel (such as Jill's homeschooling & Derick's ministry education) or a needless expenditure that has no practical use in their lives (Jill's midwife classes and Derick's college degree).

• Love 7

I am the first to admit that I'm a social media fanatic (and a spoiled, only child, brat).  I'm one of those annoying people who post dinners, mainly on what I've deemed 'guinea pig Sunday'.  I play russian roulette on Pinterest for my options.  Jilly's post reminds me why we don't do steakhouses.  I couldn't even guess the last time I made steak-3 years, maybe.  

If this is all it takes to be a "great husband", Mr. Six got the shaft.  He's a professional with an insane work ethic.  He's highly respected in his field in two large east coast metros, currently sitting as VP of a professional organization and was asked to speak at a seminar next week.  Last Friday (the 9th) was his 20th straight day of working 12+ hour days.  Dude put in 140 hours in 12 days. Up until that point, he only 4 days off since January 2nd.  He did 3 degrees in 5 years at Penn State.  He could have saved himself so much time, energy, and effort if he just sat on his ass all day asking random people for money, ala Dwerp. 

I have no sympathy for either of these two.  Sadly, it's going to be their kids who suffer the most.

• Love 23
4 minutes ago, sixlets said:

I am the first to admit that I'm a social media fanatic (and a spoiled, only child, brat).  I'm one of those annoying people who post dinners, mainly on what I've deemed 'guinea pig Sunday'.  I play russian roulette on Pinterest for my options.  Jilly's post reminds me why we don't do steakhouses.  I couldn't even guess the last time I made steak-3 years, maybe.  

If this is all it takes to be a "great husband", Mr. Six got the shaft.  He's a professional with an insane work ethic.  He's highly respected in his field in two large east coast metros, currently sitting as VP of a professional organization and was asked to speak at a seminar next week.  Last Friday (the 9th) was his 20th straight day of working 12+ hour days.  Dude put in 140 hours in 12 days. Up until that point, he only 4 days off since January 2nd.  He did 3 degrees in 5 years at Penn State.  He could have saved himself so much time, energy, and effort if he just sat on his ass all day asking random people for money, ala Dwerp. 

I have no sympathy for either of these two.  Sadly, it's going to be their kids who suffer the most.

I bet you don’t eat dinner on a fancy card table facing the wall. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

For some reason I may have a hard time explaining, I question someone who has to remind the rest of us how wonderful her husband is. Yes, Derick was the first boy (sorry I know I should say man, but...) to pay attention to her outside her father and brothers (leave Josh out of the list because you know...) but please stop with the husband is the greatest crap. She is trying to prove how happy they are, but she is failing at doing a good job of convincing us.

Agreed! I'm in my late 20s, so most of my friends are active social media users. I know for a fact that most of the ones who post constantly about their relationships being wonderful are absolutely miserable. I have one friend in particular who seems determined to convince everyone that her husband is not an emotionally abusive asshole. It's very Duggar-like how tone deaf her gushing posts about him are. 

• Love 17

I think these girls are so easily impressed by their less-than stellar husbands because they never saw an example of a real loving couple growing up. They saw their dad being pervy all over their mom, wanting her to be joyfully available, but never really saw true acts of love. I doubt JB ever did anything remotely romantic just because. 

• Love 23
59 minutes ago, christine falls said:

I think these girls are so easily impressed by their less-than stellar husbands because they never saw an example of a real loving couple growing up. They saw their dad being pervy all over their mom, wanting her to be joyfully available, but never really saw true acts of love. I doubt JB ever did anything remotely romantic just because. 

The bar was set pretty low. A spouse making a special dinner is a lovely gesture, but  is hardly a big hairy deal. It is common courtesy, a basic, decent gesture of affection, aka: Tuesday night!  

• Love 13

I think that part of the message that the outside (non-fundie) world is big, bad, and scary is also men treat women like crap. Jill doesn't know enough regular people to know that non-Christian, non-fundie, etc. spouses can be very nice and helpful.

• Love 15

To Jill, Derick putting the toilet seat down after using the bathroom is a romantic gesture. I hope someone put the outdoor light on before I head to the Prayer Closet to think how about my thoughtful and funny, but evil type comment.

Great post @Mollie!!  I didn't know about the castor oil, chiro, pedis  (How ridiculous) or the long walk. I never got to see Izzy"s birth episode but read all about it here. Think this was the time of first of Joshley's escapades when TLC pulled episodes & not showing reruns. 

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, queenanne said:

I feel like if I were going to give birth, Jill would be better than dead air as advice, but would rank severely lower than any other woman who's ever given birth herself, up to and including grandmother-aged types.

I feel like I would be better help than Jill and I don't have kids, don't ever plan on having one, but I know plenty of women who have had them, so yeah, I still think I'd be more useful than she would. 

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:
  1 hour ago, queenanne said:

I feel like if I were going to give birth, Jill would be better than dead air as advice, but would rank severely lower than any other woman who's ever given birth herself, up to and including grandmother-aged types

I think I would ask Jill what to do then do the exact opposite. 

• Love 12
On 2/10/2018 at 8:36 PM, BetyBee said:

Cathy's condescending post for a favor drips with contempt - I'm guessing for liberals.  Her "conservative christian" brain can't conceive of anyone different from her rooting for their shared country.  She and Derelict prefer to think the worst of those who hold different beliefs from their "correct" thinking.  They really are hateful, close minded people, professing a devotion to a Jesus who would likely be appalled by their attitudes.  

Well, a super conservative Trump supporter I know has told me, dead serious, that Liberals all hate America.

On 2/11/2018 at 7:16 PM, Temperance said:

So there's a game where you put a nametag/sticker/post-it with a word on it. You have to guess what it is based on the theme (such as biblical characters) and hints given to you by the other people who can read your sticker and need help with theirs. You often walk around and ask for help. My best guess is the kids' played this game before they sat down for lecture in part to burn off some energy.

It's so the kids don't take them off.

15 hours ago, Mollie said:

It was Jill herself who decided that she was able to manage her own births.  It was also Jill's decision not to go to a doctor for prenatal care. Jill filled up the birthing pool and prepared to give birth surrounded by a midwife, friends and family, probably all holding hands and singing Kumbaya for the TLC cameras.

Jill was almost two weeks past her due date and claims she was in labor for 70 hours with Israel, which is more than three times the average labor hours for a first birth.  During that time, she did not seek medical attention, putting the life of her unborn child at risk.

The baby was not in a breech position, but in a transverse breech position – which means that he was lying horizontally, upside down, on top of the cervix.  It is impossible to give birth vaginally when a baby is in that position trying to enter the birth canal.  Jill was oblivious to the position of the baby.

When her water broke, there was danger that a baby lying in that position could compress the umbilical cord as the cord fell into the birth canal.  This would restrict the flow of oxygen and blood to the baby.  Remember that the baby was 9 lbs 10 oz and all of that weight would be crushing the umbilical cord after the water broke.  So what did Jill do when her baby was in this dangerous position?  Jill went to a chiropractor: “I wanted to get aligned before birth,” she told People magazine. Then Jill and Derick went for a couple's pedicure.  After the nail polish dried, Jill went on a two-and-a-half-mile walk to get her labor started in earnest.  Jill and Derick told no one, not even the midwife, that Jill's water had broken.

Then Jill decided, without a doctor's consultation, to ingest Castor Oil.  Castor Oil is a laxative that has been used to induce abortions.  It causes diarrhea, vomiting and cramping.  It causes spasms in the intestines of the mother and the baby.  This is when Jill noticed meconium leaking from her vagina.  Meconium is the baby's first bowel movement and, if inhaled by the baby in utero, can block the baby's airways.

When her contractions were one minute apart with still no progress, she presented at the hospital.

The baby was found to be in serious fetal distress and with an irregular heart rate.  An emergency C-section was performed.

Jill's second attempt at a home birth was presumed to be without a midwife present.  Under Arkansas law, it is illegal for a midwife to attend a homebirth if the pregnant woman has undergone a previous C-section.  In other words, Jill should never have attempted a home birth with Samuel.  But she did.

We don't know much about what went wrong with this home birth.  All we know is that after what Jill claimed was a 40-hour labor, she ended up in the hospital with another C-section.

You almost feel sorry for Jill the midwife-homebirth-guru-wannabe who ended up with two C-sections in hospital births.  I say 'almost' because her actions came close to killing baby Israel and maybe Samuel, too. Jill seems to pride herself in being a martyr to labor pains when, in fact, labor beyond 18 hours can be lethal for a baby trapped in a uterus.

1.jpg

How do we know all this?

• Love 2

Of course the article first had to dwell on Mechelle, Josie & Jubilee.  

Jill is an idiot along with her midwives. ( I know we know but I feel it can't be said enough.) Paraphrasing from the article: Jill noticed the baby was in fetal distress (how?) ...he wasn't doing too well....but it wasn't an emergency.  WTF???

When my OB announced my baby was in fetal distress because of rapidly declining heart rate, it took them about 2 minutes to fly me down hall to OR to do emergency c-section. I'm so glad my OB knew my son's fetal distress WAS an emergency or my son's birth would have ended up much differently, for the worse. 

• Love 22
2 hours ago, MamaMax said:

How do we know all this?

Derick tweeted and deleted a tweet that said forty hours of labor when Sam was born.  The rest (of what Mollie said about Israel) was in People. 

Edited by Temperance
clarity and unintentionally misleading people
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, MamaMax said:

How do we know all this?

That's a fair question.

The scary story of Israel's birth and all the mistakes and misjudgment involved have been revealed for the most part, as the PEOPLE article (subtly) shows. But how do we know what went on when Sam was born? I thought they had kept pretty much mum about it.

Not that I would put it past Jill and Derrick to make the same kinds of foolish choices they made when Izzy was arriving, but how does anyone know for sure whether Jill planned another home birth or who she planned to have in attendance? 

I admit, I can understand assuming the absolute worst when it comes to Jill and childbirth choices after what went on the first time. They we SO lucky Izzy arrived safely and you'd think they'd have learned something, but with those two idiots it's doubtful. However the circumstances of Sam's birth, his obvious intubation and stay in NICU have never really been explained as far as I know.

It does make me think there were some decisions made they ended up knowing would make them look bad so that's why they have be been so quiet ... but I think people are just (understandably) filling in the blanks surrounding Sam's birth, and no one really knows for sure what happened.

4 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Derick tweeted and deleted a tweet that said forty hours of labor when Sam was born.  The rest was in People. 

There was a PEOPLE article about what went on when Sam was born? I only knew of the one about Israel's birth. Off to see if I can find it!

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

There was a PEOPLE article about what went on when Sam was born? I only knew of the one about Israel's birth. Off to see if I can find it!

No sorry. My bad. I meant that the rest of what Mollie said about the births and all the stuff about Israel's birth was in People. With Sam, we know two things 

1) Mollie's information about the midwives is based on the laws of the state of Arkansas. 

2) Derick tweeted that she was in 40 hours of labor and then deleted it. 

Sorry for the confusion. 

• Love 4

Aww, you got my hopes up, Temperance! LOL No worries, I'm just curious to know what really went on with Sam. 

Unfortunately Derrick is so recalcitrant when it comes to answering questions and explaining things to begin with, I doubt anybody could ever get the truth out of him. And now that he's on the outs with TLC that source of information has dried up. Jill probably has reason to be ashamed of her decision-making and you're never gonna get the real story out of her either. 

I think the chances they completely mishandled things just like they did the first time are pretty high.  But because they were so roundly criticized for what went on with Izzy, they learned to keep quiet about their stupid decisions from all that. 

It's a pity if that was there takeaway from what happened with Izzy, as opposed to learning to not play games with the health and safety of Jill and her baby in the first place!

• Love 11

Easy to make assumptions when you read this statement said by a ...

“There’s a level of ease that comes with your second pregnancy,” she told PEOPLE. “Derick and I have been down this road together, so we’re comfortable. I’m just going to see how it goes, try to be healthy and prepare as much as I can. But this time I know that labor is unpredictable.”

... Midwife.

• Love 7

Hey Derrick and Jill - Logan and Michelle from Sister Wives are beating you guys by a mile in the making dinner for each other.  Not to mention, Logan put in a full day of WORK, then did class for his Master's degree - what is it you do again D?

• Love 19

Jill and Derick told People Magazine everything. I can't find screen shots online, but if you have Texture, it is in the April 27, 2015 edition. Jill actually took two doses of castor oil. They went to the hospital after she saw a meconium stain. She also says that Israel flipped into the transverse breech position while in labor. That seems unlikely since he was a pretty big baby. The article says that because of his abnormal heart rate, position, and the fact he hadn't descended they performed a c-section.

Here is an article that has most of the birth info: http://www.alloy.com/entertainment/jill-duggar-derick-dillard-childbirth-labor-details-pedicure/

Edited by birkenstock
  • Love 3