Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Not only did I not dig, I was ranting without even knowing that there was any specific event!  I was just going off somebody else's comment that, by then, had totally disconnected itself from the event!

The oddest thing to me is that his mother -- a woman who worked when she also had a husband who worked so her working seems to have been largely a choice, at least early on -- doesn't point this out to them. It seems as if both of them at some point fell down some weird rabbit hole where they forgot everything they may have known or thought previously.....Yet another reason why I suspect Duggarness is actually an undiscovered viral illness. 

I find that very strange too!!! Derick had often seemed proud of Cathy for her accomplishments, and not at all like he resents her working. Maybe they think it's okay that she works "now," being an empty nester, but she worked while the kids were growing up, too. In fact, I always got the idea that he resented Jill for not working. It seemed like he wanted her to do something with the midwife certificate, and he seemed to want her to do something in danger America. That was actually the one time I agreed with her...she SHOULD have been able to stay at home and look after her BABY  in peace instead of piddling with some crap that wasn't useful for anybody. I don't think pretending to learn Spanish or baking banana bread was really worth the time, because there was absolutely no outcome. Maybe Derick secretly resents Jill for not working, but thinks publicly supporting SAHM's will make it look like he's on her side or something. Maybe it's all to win brownie points with her and the duggars. 

I completely do agree about the "romanticized" view of working. I absolutely idolized Angela Bower from "who's the boss" in high school, hahaha. It came on nick at nite, and I dreamed of being a powerful executive who still had time to be home for a nice dinner every night and have an active social life, while maintaining a size zero. I thought I'd go out into the world and become the next Angela! My mom had been a SAHM, but she just wasn't as strong or savvy as me. I would be the career girl who had it all! Then, my grandmother died when I was in college, and I was reading an interview she did in the 1970's. She was asked about women's lib, and she said she was against it. That confused me, because all I'd ever learned in school was that women's lib was the absolute best thing to ever happen to anybody...but my grandmother was a rational, intelligent person...so I started reading about Phyllis Schafly and her movement to try to reconcile these things in my brain. Now I do think the ideal is to have one parent in the home, but that everyone is different and should do what makes them happy. I know some women who could never function without work, and some men who would be excellent in the home. There are also couples who both want, or need to work, and their children benefit in other ways, and it's better to be a happy parent with a job than an unhappy stay at home parent. I personally wish I could quit and be a SAHM, because I actually am a lot like my mom. I love chores (seriously), cooking from scratch, and I don't need a lot of adult interaction. I was completely shut in with the flu for a week and a half and didn't go the slightest bit stir crazy! My work is high pressure and makes my migraines worse, and it would be nice to not have a boss hanging over my head using every little thing against me while I'm sick. Being a SAHM with migraines wouldn't be easy, but I don't think a husband would be as tough on me as my boss! While I appreciate the experience of working, I wish I could quit tomorrow and raise a family. If I have to work forever, I'd be okay with it, because I do love my job, but my romantic view of a career is far, far gone!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 11
24 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Relevant to what? Himself? He is the master of doing the opposite of what he spouts.

Well, I guess he must not be spouting that the headship should support the family since he doesn't have a j--

ohhhhh wait! He has a job, but won't tell anyone any hints about what it is. 

• Love 12

I'm sorry, i tried to figure it out but who is Derick arguing with over the Constitution and why? 

Can someone give me a quick clue...

Derick must be excited that he is tweeting to some actual group instead of snarkers!  He will rubbing the feet tonight! Jill, get your stripper heels on and break out the chipped nailpolish. Its freaky time in the Dullard House. 

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I'm sorry, i tried to figure it out but who is Derick arguing with over the Constitution and why? 

Derick must be excited that he is tweeting to some actual group instead of snarkers!  He will rubbing the feet tonight! Jill, get your stripper heels on and break out the chipped nailpolish. Its freaky time in the Dullard House. 

The Freedom From Religion Foundation baited Derrick about some ruling in Arkansas.  He then took the bait and they destroyed him, while showing a wider audience his lunacy.  I went through the tweets, Derrick was way out of his league.  Unfortunately Derrick is not the only one who does not understand the First Amendment by looking at the comments. 

• Love 19
44 minutes ago, Marigold said:

This is more information than I needed to know.

42 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

This is more information than I needed to know.

Hahaha

We all know it's true!  Jill will probably post some grainy, blurry picture about how Derick rubbed her feet while sitting between her legs. 

Oh wait, that kinda already happened.   :) 

• Love 7
On 2/11/2018 at 7:26 PM, magpye29 said:

You put them on the back so the kids won't peel them off.  Since you're usually chasing them, it's better if they're on the back, anyway!

Yep.  Our church uses stickers.  The parents get a matching one, and we only release to a sticker holder. ? Five year olds are notorious for sticking the sticker in various other spots besides their shirts. The favorite in my daughter’s class is smack on the forehead. 

But, no one teaches in a suit. Not even our pastor. He only wears suits when he’s conducting a wedding or a funeral. Derick is, once again, being an idiot. 

• Love 13
11 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The Freedom From Religion Foundation baited Derrick about some ruling in Arkansas.  He then took the bait and they destroyed him, while showing a wider audience his lunacy.  I went through the tweets, Derrick was way out of his league.  Unfortunately Derrick is not the only one who does not understand the First Amendment by looking at the comments. 

Derrick would be way out of his league if he were on Life's pe-wee adulting team. 

• Love 9

Also--he has nothing better to do than give PowerPoint presentations to four-year-olds. So Sad.

I know we think her life is crappy, but Jana really lucked out. Would you rather d a 5 year stretch in the TTH, or be stuck with a Derick-type forever?

• Love 18
13 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I know we think her life is crappy, but Jana really lucked out. Would you rather d a 5 year stretch in the TTH, or be stuck with a Derick-type forever?

Yeah- all things considered Jana’s life isn’t that bad. The Littles respect her, she runs the house as she sees fit, and they seem to “allow” her to have friendships with other single adult women. I’d choose that life over being stuck with Derrick who’s probably a bad lay. Lol. 

• Love 16

I know this gets repeated but who would  have believed this is how the Dullards would turn out when they got married almost 4 years ago?  Remember how excited we were when Der came on the scene. A college student with a somewhat normal family. Maybe all the stresses in his life did make him snap leading to his now wacky behavior. But how boring it would be & not much for us to snark on if they had a somewhat normal life --  If he would have stayed at Wal-Mart, not had a honeymoon baby, Jill actually getting the proper midwife schooling/training & working, not doing their "missionary" staycations etc. 

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I know this gets repeated but who would  have believed this is how the Dullards would turn out when they got married almost 4 years ago?  Remember how excited we were when Der came on the scene. A college student with a somewhat normal family. Maybe all the stresses in his life did make him snap leading to his now wacky behavior. But how boring it would be & not much for us to snark on if they had a somewhat normal life --  If he would have stayed at Wal-Mart, not had a honeymoon baby, Jill actually getting the proper midwife schooling/training & working, not doing their "missionary" staycations etc. 

Raising hand and saying I was not excited when Derick came along. I do not think any of the Duggars know what normal is (or what normal is by real world standards.) I for one would have found something to snark about.

On 2/12/2018 at 10:56 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Game.set.match. Again, click on the hotlink to see what Derelict said to provoke this response. He thinks he's such a special snowflake, doesn't he?

eta: I normally wouldn't have seen this mess, but I'm all over Twatter during the Olympics looking for stuff to pin to my PyeongChang wall on Pinterest. 

On 2/13/2018 at 12:28 AM, Heathen said:

FFRF will eat Derelict for lunch. 

Off to send a donation to FFRF.....

• Love 12
On 2/12/2018 at 9:23 PM, louannems said:

We had two in day care until we decided to buy a house.  We couldn't afford day care and the mortgage, so I went on 4 to Midnight's and hubby worked 5 AM til 1:30.  No more day care needed and I loved our arrangement.

Mr. Xword and I have one daughter.  We worked different shifts for 15 years, to save $.  It enabled us to buy a nice old house, and our daughter liked having one of us home with her.  I worked days, he worked swing, and we are all glad we did this.  

I'm kind of lost on the latest Dillweed Twatter?  He never seems to make much sense to me at all.  But his mommy defends him like he's in grade school.  Weird.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Jill begs to differ. Sorry I couldn't put this behind a spoiler tag for those with weak stomachs! 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

That picture is absolutely frightening ?. C'mon Jill, you could choose decent picture of him pre-surgery.

I actually have a picture of my husband biting into a giant burger as my screensaver. He hates it and I think it's hilarious.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Derick or not, I think Jana lucked out considering she doesn't have 20-25 straight years of being pregnant. I like kids, I want kids, but having to have every baby I could possibly have from 19 onward is bad enough scenario, even if I loved him and our kids. I'm glad that I'm too old for that as well. I mean I know women who like big families and/or being pregnant, but even they say they're glad when the pregnancy is over. When they want to close up shop, no one really cares that much. 

Since this is the Dillard thread, I think Derick was the most likely of all her sisters' husband to wind up with Jana. Ben and Austin would be considered too young for her, especially in their culture. Jeremy is the right age, but hit it off with Jinger right away. From the description of the courtship process at the time, it seems like JB decided Derick was son-in-law material and started trying to make a match with whichever daughter was interested. Jill was the one who decided she wanted to know more.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill begs to differ. Sorry I couldn't put this behind a spoiler tag for those with weak stomachs! 

Oh to the vey, his mini-bicep.  I can just imagine Jilly telling Dilly to pump it up for the picture.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Ewww... I would rather watch the video of my husband's transplant than looking at the picture. And yes, any discussion or viewing of any major medical procedure can or will make me sick or close to passing out.

Double ewwwww

• Love 2

Derrick is lying on a bed in that position with that expression, that close up, and Jill posted it for the world to see and here it is time after time on a forum I read. Derick's looks are irrelevant here, but just knowing what he's like makes this photo horrific. I'd prefer a dirty nappy pile photo.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, SMama said:

My locked screen is a picture of my daughter in a hot tub during a cruise. She is also my favorite person in the world, although I do love my husband. Jill’s priorities are messed up.

Mine, at the moment, is Jensen Ackles from Supernatural, circa 2010-ish, because I'm shallow that way. 

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

Am I the only one who actually thinks he looks better there than in most of his pictures? If I didn’t know he was so evil in his thoughts, I would think he’s just an average guy.

Derick only became ugly to me when he started his twattering. Before that, he looked like bathing and grooming was not a priority.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Love2dance said:

Am I the only one who actually thinks he looks better there than in most of his pictures? If I didn’t know he was so evil in his thoughts, I would think he’s just an average guy.

You're not the only one. At least in that photo, he doesn't look like he smells (too bad), and his gauntness isn't visible. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Love2dance said:

Also think from that picture alone he doesn't look that awful. But that would have to be without knowing what he is like and what looney things he says. Once I know that no picture will ever be good. 

• Love 4