Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, Cathy's every bit of a nutter as Derelict. And it looks like they're pulling Dan down that slippery slope of delusion. 

Derick's relationship with Cathy reminds me of JB's relationship with Mary. (Actually Derick reminds me of his father-in-law especially during his state senate campaign days.)

I feel bad if that's true about Dan. It can be hard having nutty relatives or friends, but particularly relatives, since peole tend to think those ties are more important. 

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Dan looked a little nutty himself in the Christmas posts. Something seemed off.  I hope it was just a bad picture.  

Maybe Dan has the male version of "Resting Bitch Face" or something because both he and Derelict come off as completely humorless individuals. Like they're always the ones in the room perpetually offended or never getting the jokes. They're a very strange family.

• Love 10
29 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Because nothing screams class like advertising your kid's blowout to your 1.6MM followers.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdPA6PvlEiG/

Ugh, I cannot even begin to tell you how many friends and relatives I have who post this type of shit (pun intended) all the time. Do they not consider fifteen years down the road these children will be mortified to see pictures of themselves in poop-stained onesies all over the Internet? 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Because nothing screams class like advertising your kid's blowout to your 1.6MM followers.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdPA6PvlEiG/

This is the same woman who couldn’t bring herself to say “puke” or “barf” and said “gaggy” instead?  Between shit stained onesies and piles of filthy nappies, I guess the Duggars have truly run out of things to talk about.

All I can think of is Quico saying, Chusma! Chusma!

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

One of the nice things about film cameras is that photos cost money and people had to 1) think "Do I want to save this moment 2) find the camera and 3) pay to develop the film. The world doesn't need ANY more photos of the Duggars, Dillards, Seewalds, etc., and we certainly don't need images of anyone's poopy diaper.

Damn right.  Particularly when it’s 120 black and White that you have to develop yourself.  You only get 9 to 16 shots, depending on the type of medium format camera you are using.  You get a big, fat negative to print in the darkroom. Or, you can scan them fairly easily to see which one(s) you want to spend your time on. 

The best part is you have something reproducible that doesn’t go poof once the memory card crashes or your computer reformats the CD it was on.

And no, I wouldn’t waste ONE frame of film, even 110 on the Duggars.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
Extra snark.
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Christina87 said:

How was it not one of the worst years?

1. Facing criticism in DA

2. Jill and the shower rack

3. Being fired from DA

4. Being fired from the show 

5. Finding out on twitter that few people agree with his beliefs 

6. Downsizing from the pool house to a crummy duplex 

7. Whatever happened with sammy's botched birth

8. Dealing with jilly's issues from the birth

9. Resigning himself to live in bumfuck nowhere, arksansas

10. Having to grift for money...again...to live his "dream"

11. Being shown on TV gagging on the side of the road and "completing" that...obstacle course...

I did not know...they moved from the big house to a duplex?  What is DA?  Was he fired from the show or did he quit.  What a character.  He should not be on social media at all.  He's taking the whole 'gang' down with his posts and responses to others posts.  Somebody STOP HIM!

DA is Danger America, but known to the rest of the non Duggar world as Central America.  The missioncationing Dullards lived on a compound that was gated with 24/7 security, but Jilly lost her shit one day over a falling shower rack. They went in and on about how dangerous it was there, much to the chagrin of SOS.

Jilly whinged nonstop about how she didn’t have a sister Mom to take care of Izzy.  They weren’t living in a mud hut having gunfire rained upon them, but you would think that was the case, Their noblesse obligée included such acts as doling out 1 inch squares of banana bread and letting orphans color, one crayon at a time.

• Love 12

I saw woman post something similar on IG except the poop was everywhere, I wanted to vomit. Please stop posting your #mommylife nonsense! I bet Jilly didn't even bother to change the sheets and they'll sleep on them for days, like Jessa, because she is too busy posting nonsense on SM.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20171228-084459.jpg.e5b6152dec6d5ac0461d707feaf7ff7d.jpg

This is the face I see in the corner of my room when I'm having sleep paralysis. 

• Love 8

I was just thinking about Derrick and his posting and arguing and begging.  His problem is he has no REAL job. 

Idol hands are the devil's workshop.  Get a job Derrick, stay off Social Media. 

I'm pretty sure just about everybody's angry with him right now. 

It's not a manly or Godly thing to argue with the public.  Move along...nothing to see here  Derrick!

I can see Derrick, like Josh bringing down the Dugger house.  I bet JB and M are beside themselves seeing $$$$ float away with this dufus.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Right after that she posted this

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdPBvg-F31W/

You could pay me a million dollars and I wouldn't my touch my husband's feet (and vice versa.)   ::::: shudder:::::::

I just think feet are gross. I would rather touch any other part of his body. ;-)

Guess it's a good thing Jill got a foot loving man. :)

Screenshot_20171228-120643.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I was just thinking about Derrick and his posting and arguing and begging.  His problem is he has no REAL job. 

I

This!  It's been my experience that some people who don't work outside the home, tend to dwell on minutiae and take offense too easily.  I used to do that when I was a stay at home mom.  Nowadays I see it with some retirees.  But I still look forward to retiring.  Derick should definitely get a job and stay off of SM.

• Love 16
On 12/20/2017 at 7:06 PM, Maharincess said:

Can I ask a question?  What's wrong with just writing the words out in full?  It doesn't take more than a second to write it.  I don't use the initials and acronyms so maybe there's a solid reason to use them but I haven't figured out what it is yet. 

When texting first started, phones did not have keyboards. You had to use the number pad to type, and as I’m sure everyone remembers, each number represents three different letters. So you would have to hit that number one, two, or three times depending on which letter you wanted. It really was a slow process. Kids naturally evolved a system of shortcuts. Why spend the time writing everything out when you don’t have to? Now the phones have keypads but the abbreviation system is already in place. It is just faster and more efficient. BTW (see what I did there?) this shortcut system is very similar in principle to the way Braille operates. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I'm pretty sure just about everybody's angry with him right now. 

It's not a manly or Godly thing to argue with the public.  Move along...nothing to see here  Derrick!

I can see Derrick, like Josh bringing down the Dugger house.  I bet JB and M are beside themselves seeing $$$$ float away with this dufus.

Without a job keeping him busy Derick has nothing to entertain himself besides social media. And he's not just a lurker, like most people, he's a hateful troll.

I can't even imagine any of the Bates girls husbands arguing with people online and shit posting, while their wives sit right across from them posting cute babies as damage control. It's because they are grown, mature men who work and are too busy to even bother with nonsense. The Bates couples have joint accounts buts it's obvious that the wives take control.

• Love 7
On 12/23/2017 at 9:37 AM, Catfin said:

Reminds self to talk to my daughter leaving home in Fall for college...

Yes, we did that. Our daughters were surprised that we thought it was necessary, until they actually got to college and started having run-ins with scientology recruiters.

Give her the roofies talk also. It is an ugly world out there, especially for young women.

• Love 6

Any kind of "Jesus has blessed us!" talk tends to piss me off because I think it sounds smug. Plenty of worthy people have bad things happen, so according to the Duggars, those people must be secret sinners or something, and God is being a vengeful dick. And I personally refuse to believe that God is a nasty little ass who embodies all the worst qualities and behaviors of humans. 

Derick should try thinking about helping the many people in the world who have not had the LUCK experienced by him and his family. 

• Love 23

Out of 1,461 international students at the University of Arkansas, Derick only found 20 people (students and their families) to host for a Thanksgiving dinner.  He was planning on finding host families for students to have a Christmas Day dinner, too.  Looks like he couldn't find any students for Christmas, so he stayed home and played with his wife's feet.  He's never going to make it as a missionary.  Any church who considers hiring him when he finishes his school course will take one look at his online presence and choose a better candidate − someone who actually did something on Christmas Day to help the needy or the homeless, instead of looking for Netflix movies to watch.

• Love 12

That foot rub picture is the worst ever!!! I don't even consider that a "private" moment really, but have some class and realize 1. You're sitting on your unmade bed, and 2. Some people find feet really gross!!! And then DON'T POST IT! I'm sure Jilly thinks it's damage control, but it's seriously not. Plus the picture is dark and grainy. It's like this girl has zero awareness of what she should post. 

• Love 15

Their maturity level is that of a couple of 12 yr. old kids. " Derick, oh look what I posted today about Sammy's blowout!" Giggle, giggle."Oh, Jill, that's so cool, let me rub your dirty feet." Giggle,giggle.

These are adults(?) in their mid to late 20's. Yes, they need to stay off social media, but they won't because in some twisted way they think it will enhance their popularity. They are too stupid to know it only shows what boring, uninteresting people they really are. 

• Love 13

Hopefully Joy and Austin won't think of posting a similar picture...  :XXX

(ETA: Referring to the foot rub picture more specifically. I'm gonna need brain bleach for the mental pictures alone.)

Edited by PinkyCupcake
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

This!  It's been my experience that some people who don't work outside the home, tend to dwell on minutiae and take offense too easily.  I used to do that when I was a stay at home mom.  Nowadays I see it with some retirees.  But I still look forward to retiring.  Derick should definitely get a job and stay off of SM.

I don't think it has anything to do with not having a job outside the home - I think the problem is that Drek no longer has a job with TLC so he has no reason to avoid fighting and arguing with people online any more. I think he kept a lot under wraps for the sake of the show, but without that incentive Derek is free to unleash the snide, judgmental, narcissistic, petty inner bitch that has always been inside him.

I mean, he didn't really have a job before TLC let him go, really. If this "Derek wouldn't be fighting online if he had a real job" theory is correct, he would have been going off on people back then. But he wasn't, not the way he does now. 

I think Derrick could work 60 hours a week busting rocks and he'd still find the time to make his shitty little posts, even if he had to fire them off during his coffee breaks. It's just who he is ... it's just finally being revealed.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I don't think it has anything to do with not having a job outside the home - I think the problem is that Drek no longer has a job with TLC so he has no reason to avoid fighting and arguing with people online any more. I think he kept a lot under wraps for the sake of the show, but without that incentive Derek is free to unleash the snide, judgmental, narcissistic, petty inner bitch that has always been inside him.

I mean, he didn't really have a job before TLC let him go, really. If this "Derek wouldn't be fighting online if he had a real job" theory is correct, he would have been going off on people back then. But he wasn't, not the way he does now. 

I think Derrick could work 60 hours a week busting rocks and he'd still find the time to make his shitty little posts, even if he had to fire them off during his coffee breaks. It's just who he is ... it's just finally being revealed.

I guess Twitter is his ministry now.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Mollie said:

Looks like he couldn't find any students for Christmas, so he stayed home and played with his wife's feet.  He's never going to make it as a missionary.  Any church who considers hiring him when he finishes his school course will take one look at his online presence and choose a better candidate −

Well, Monty Python alumnus Michael Palin played a missionary in one film (The Missionary) and a podiatrist in A Private Function , just like Dreck did in real life!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I don't know about anyone else, but when my daughter had any kind of full diaper situation - especially if there was some kind of leak - I assure you the last damn thing on earth I was thinking about was finding my camera to document the moment. Who the hell does that? And then post it for the world to laugh (or gag) at for all eternity? It just proves that Jill has absolutely no respect for the dignity or personhood of her children. Neither does Derek. 

Speaking of Derek, omg ... he looks like a freakin' ghoul in that foot rub picture, like something from a horror movie. If I looked up and saw him at the end of the bed reaching for my foot, I'd scream.

Dillweed looks positively demented in that picture.  I so agree with you, Celia.  I'd just as soon see Freddy Krueger as that creepy fucker.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

You could pay me a million dollars and I wouldn't my touch my husband's feet (and vice versa.)   ::::: shudder:::::::

I just think feet are gross. I would rather touch any other part of his body. ;-)

Guess it's a good thing Jill got a foot loving man. :)

Screenshot_20171228-120643.jpg

This is funny. I LOVE a good foot rub from a man- super sexy. But how is it MODEST to post this private couple moment on social media?!!!!! For many people a nice foot rub (or any kind of rub) is foreplay....not very modest Jill. 

• Love 14

I think it's gross, but these two have set a precedent when it comes to foot rubs/toe nail polishing as something they enjoy, probably a little too much. 

I agree, don't post your intimate moments on SM. YUCK!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think it's gross, but these two have set a precedent when it comes to foot rubs/toe nail polishing as something they enjoy, probably a little too much. 

I agree, don't post your intimate moments on SM. YUCK!

I think Dreck painted Jilly’s toes when she was preggo, and I guess they liked it, a little too much. I’m with you, keep that stuff off SM.  Didn’t they learn their lesson from Wikifeet? Apparently not. 

My ex-uncle used to say that a creepy dude “looks like a ladies’ bicycle seat sniffer”. I’m sure he might have had “peculiar tastes” and other strange sexual predilections himself.  He enjoyed prancing about in my auntie’s corset a bit too much! No judgment, but if m looking back on it with amusement.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Genevrier said:

Yes, we did that. Our daughters were surprised that we thought it was necessary, until they actually got to college and started having run-ins with scientology recruiters.

Give her the roofies talk also. It is an ugly world out there, especially for young women.

We've discussed both. My coworker's daughter was roofied last Fall. Her friends realized something was up and were able to keep her safe, but it was a huge eye opener. 

• Love 6