Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Chris Knight

Jill & Derick Dullard: Counting On (Donations)

I don’t know why they post videos. It makes me wonder if they view them before they post them. And if they  do, what do THEY see?

Samuel is a cutie though. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

FYI - I never watched Keeping Up Appearances, but my local PBS (Chicago) is advertising a one-off prequel special, so you may want to watch out for it.   (I think it was a Christmas special in Britain.)  Different actors because of the earlier time period.

Thanks, I’ll look out for it.  

Dreck has clear ceramic brackets and invisible arch wire in clear plastic. He does look almost normal with the teeth, but he still looks like a deranged twit. 

Nothing like teaching your kids to love Jesus by strong arming them and making devotional/Bible study an experience that they will associate with something unpleasant. Izzy looks like he’s in a hostage situation.  

Kids can be trying, but Izzy really looks fearful most of the time. I hate how they are killing his spirit and individuality.  He’s a lovely little boy. I can only imagine he already understand he lives with a tyrant.

• Like 11

Damn, Derelict, take the stick out of your ass. Izzy's a toddler, ffs. You should wait until he's at least five before you start crushing his spirit and sucking all the joy out of his life. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

Looks like D has got his braces off, either that or the clear ones. His mouth/teeth is finally looking almost normal. 

IMG_0882.PNG

Ooh. Derick’s sporting the Carol Brady flip now. Very chic.

• Like 22

4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Damn, Derelict, take the stick out of your ass. Izzy's a toddler, ffs. You should wait until he's at least five before you start crushing his spirit and sucking all the joy out of his life. 

Derelict sucks the joy out of everything. He’s like the scene in Snow White and the Huntsman when Ravenna causes all the flowers to wither, just like he does to Izzy’s little spirit.  

They say that recent converts are far more devoted/fanatical (not equating these modifiers to be one and the same). I think Dreck ended up being a Duggar Way on Steroids type of convert in some respects.  Either that, or Jilly has him by the balls more than we think she does. She has him convinced that her oppressive upbringing is the only way to raise godly children.

• Like 9

OK, I missed the pictures of Sam with his arms wrapped in something (looked like too many seams and edges to be a regular blanket).  The only thing I can say is that, in both photos he is lying in someone's arms sucking a pacifier and looks mighty sleepy.  Some kids do fall asleep better when they're swaddled, they like the feeling. It could just be that he was very tired but having a hard time falling asleep with all the Christmas commotion at Grandma's; so they wrapped him in something to swaddle him to help him fall asleep.  Considering he is in Aunt Deena's and then Uncle Dan's arms and looks contented; I don't think it looks like blanket training which hasn't really got anything to do with swaddling anyway.

• Like 7

Screenshot_20171226-111200.thumb.jpg.3068d64c947c4d4ba3a5a1c19cb1e6ba.jpgScreenshot_20171226-111254.thumb.jpg.671ae0b50831b24a2baf61d53f8b9989.jpg

A damn nutter.

"Santa conspiracy theorists"?! Does this idiot really believe adults think he's real?! Everyone knows Santa is a fun thing for kids, yet last year he posted 'Hey kids, Santa isn't real!"

• Like 19

He posts such dopey things but doesn’t actually respond to the question. The question was, Last year you said Santa wasn’t real. Contradicting much?

• Like 15

Looks like D has got his braces off, either that or the clear ones. His mouth/teeth is finally looking almost normal. 

Except his hair is so drippy ;looking, Paul McCartney circa 1960s. The manbun made him more interesting.  And that's a nice Xmas Eve photo--Daddy reads Charles Dickens or The Night Before Christmas to his sons.  Ohhhhhhhhhhh... it's The Bible.... Ok then....

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

He posts such dopey things but doesn’t actually respond to the question. The question was, Last year you said Santa wasn’t real. Contradicting much?

I know! Santa and the NORAD Santa Tracker are 2 different things. *smh*

• Like 7

2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

OK, I missed the pictures of Sam with his arms wrapped in something (looked like too many seams and edges to be a regular blanket).  The only thing I can say is that, in both photos he is lying in someone's arms sucking a pacifier and looks mighty sleepy.  Some kids do fall asleep better when they're swaddled, they like the feeling. It could just be that he was very tired but having a hard time falling asleep with all the Christmas commotion at Grandma's; so they wrapped him in something to swaddle him to help him fall asleep.  Considering he is in Aunt Deena's and then Uncle Dan's arms and looks contented; I don't think it looks like blanket training which hasn't really got anything to do with swaddling anyway.

Thanks, @doodlebug, I hope you’re right.

• Like 2

I can see the point of the person who challenged Derwood ... last year he was shooting down Santa (so to speak), but this year he's all on board to have fun with the idea. But why phrase the question in such a a snide way? It just gave him an excuse to be snide right back. And to mockingly suggest the questioner actually thought the Santa tracker was real.  It was just an invitation for Derrick to be the snivelly little dickweed we all know he is, which actually probably made him really happy. 

I think it's a valid question - why the change of heart about Santa?  I would be interested in hearing his reason. I am wondering if he (like too many parents out there) has learned to use the threat of Santa not bringing toys as a way to manipulate his children.

• Like 15

9 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I can see the point of the person who challenged Derwood ... last year he was shooting down Santa (so to speak), but this year he's all on board to have fun with the idea. But why phrase the question in such a a snide way? It just gave him an excuse to be snide right back. And to mockingly suggest the questioner actually thought the Santa tracker was real.  It was just an invitation for Derrick to be the snivelly little dickweed we all know he is, which actually probably made him really happy. 

I think it's a valid question - why the change of heart about Santa?  I would be interested in hearing his reason. I am wondering if he (like too many parents out there) has learned to use the threat of Santa not bringing toys as a way to manipulate his children.

Since he labeled little Izzy as a manipulator, I think you are right.  Threaten that Santa will leave Izzy a lump of coal, and presto!  Izzy cowers to whatever Dillweed wants.  

Not even putting an arm around Sam, looks like Jilly Muffin just plopped him there as an afterthought.  Were there ever two parents that could disassociate from their children so obviously?  Oh, right, MOTY Michelle.  Poor little boys.

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, louannems said:

I've known some uber religious parents but, honestly, I've never heard of them reading the Bible to an infant and a toddler!  A CHILDREN'S bible with big pictures, most definitely, but who reads to tiny kids a book without pictures?

Those kids will surely associate bible time with boring time.  And being forced to sit still and listen and not asking questions and likely punished for not sitting still, that sounds like too much fun.

Exactly.  I have friends who are fairly religious and for their baby's first Christmas, I found a beautifully illustrated children's storybook about the first Christmas.  Even as a baby, their daughter loved the bright and colorful pictures, and, even now that she's a preteen; they still have the book and read it together as a family on Christmas Eve because it is so special to her.

• Like 16

32 minutes ago, louannems said:

I've known some uber religious parents but, honestly, I've never heard of them reading the Bible to an infant and a toddler!  A CHILDREN'S bible with big pictures, most definitely, but who reads to tiny kids a book without pictures?

Those kids will surely associate bible time with boring time.  And being forced to sit still and listen and not asking questions and likely punished for not sitting still, that sounds like too much fun.

Exactly.  Only a complete idiot would force a toddler to sit and listen to a King James Version Bible being read.  Damn, I feel sorry for those poor kids.

• Like 15

On 12/24/2017 at 3:28 PM, OpieTaylor said:

Of course the dullards are going to go to the TTH for actual Xmas day, so Cathy had to celebrate early. I predict the Seewalds will be at the TTH too on 12/25 instead of at Bin's parents. It'll be interesting to see if Jeremeee leads a church service at his church or leaves again to visit family. Wonder about JoKen, and Joy&hubby (I can't even remember his name).

I see in photos from Duggar Family Official facebook page that, indeed, the Dullards, Seewalds, and JoKen were at the TTH for Xmas morning. But I didn't see any sign of Joy/Austin and I'm pretty sure the Vuolos were at his parents' home, based on a photo.

I know that young marrieds have to pick a place to go for Xmas morning, but it just irks me that so many pick the TTH.  There are a zillion kids there already; I'm sure Bin's parents, and Derwood's mother, and Kendra's parents would have enjoyed having the excitement of family at home on Xmas morning. Hopefully the marrieds will take turns, or stay at their own homes for Xmas morning and then join extended family later. Oh, why the hell do I care?! 

• Like 8

I've been around lots of babies, my own included and have never seen a baby intentionally wrapped as Sammy was. When I see that picture it reminds me of a suggestion once given to me. I was complaining that my youngest was now having interrupted sleep after sleeping through the night because she was accidentally knocking her pacifier out of her mouth. All that it took to get her back to sleep was popping it back in her mouth. It was suggested that I immobilize her arms by wrapping them in a blanket so she couldn't knock her pacifier out. First this kid who couldn't sleep in the beginning without being swaddled, had made it clear weeks before that swaddling was no longer her thing. Secondly I had a hard enough time using a playpen to 'restrain' my kids when needed. So I opted to get up during this stage and pop the pacifier back into her mouth and strategically place a bunch of pacifiers in her crib on the off chance her hand would encounter one and she could manage to find her mouth.

Maybe Sammy is content and doesn't mind his hands being contained/restrained, but it pains me to see it.

• Like 11

Married couple have to alternate holidays. The Seewalds live several hours away from Ben and Jessa, so maybe they did Christmas Eve ( a lot of families do, my own included).  or the 23rd.  Presumably Ben and Jessa wanted early Christmas AM at home so Santa could come, then the Duggars just a few minutes away so the kids don’t spend most of Christmas Day away from their own home.  Not every decision they make is out of line. 

• Like 6

Wonder if any of their Muslim "friends" made it to Christmas dinner at the Duggars. I hope at least one of them follow him on social media and read all the crap Jilly posted about saving their souls and decided to stay away. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Derelict sucks the joy out of everything. He’s like the scene in Snow White and the Huntsman when Ravenna causes all the flowers to wither, just like he does to Izzy’s little spirit.  

They say that recent converts are far more devoted/fanatical (not equating these modifiers to be one and the same). I think Dreck ended up being a Duggar Way on Steroids type of convert in some respects.  Either that, or Jilly has him by the balls more than we think she does. She has him convinced that her oppressive upbringing is the only way to raise godly children.

I've always thought that was sort of the case. Not that she strongarms him at all, but he's become such a zealot that he naturally looks to Jill and her upbringing for a blueprint of how to raise a "godly" family. 

3 hours ago, louannems said:

2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Don't worry, it was just a fake, staged, incredibly forced photo op. No way is it a regular thing. It is just Derwood and Jill's idea of what a happy, godly family should be doing on Christmas eve. That's not their reality.  Honestly, it's so "off" it's like they have never met a little kid before and they have no idea how completely improbable the whole scene is.

You gotta love it, though ... you can hear Jill trying to sound pleasant as she directs the shot from behind the camera in her little Michelle-esque baby wrangling voice. Izzy is totally over having his picture taken and clearly more interested in his little brother's earlobe than anything Drek is saying, lol. The best part is how visibly aggravated Derrick is ... that guy just hates his life. He can't rally himself to feign pleasure in his children's company long enough to shoot a thirty second Christmas video.  He is just so damn upright, so rigid. And he's what, like 26? 

Can you imagine what he will be like in twenty or thirty years?  Jim Bob sucks entirely ... just a rotten failure of a father ... but he didn't seem to loathe his children's presence the way Drek does.

I feel sorry for those kids.

I don't think it was staged. Maybe that specific video was, but I can easily imagine him doing this everyday. JB has been doing nightly Bible readings for years, and everyone living at home from newborn on up would be at the table. I think Derick wants to emulate that, but he doesn't have children old enough to take charge of the younger ones, so he has to deal with the fidgety kids himself. He wants to be a leader so badly, but he just doesn't have it, and because he's a dumbass who doesn't understand anything about child development, it irks him that not even his child listens to him as he speaks. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Wonder if any of their Muslim "friends" made it to Christmas dinner at the Duggars. I hope at least one of them follow him on social media and read all the crap Jilly posted about saving their souls and decided to stay away. 

Thanksgiving is one thing; Christmas is quite another.  It is unlikely that Muslims would attend a Christmas celebration while attending college in a foreign country.  Besides that, imagine their surprise to learn that Derick named his son Israel.  I bet that led to some interesting conversations!

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I don't think it was staged. Maybe that specific video was, but I can easily imagine him doing this everyday. JB has been doing nightly Bible readings for years, and everyone living at home from newborn on up would be at the table. I think Derick wants to emulate that, but he doesn't have children old enough to take charge of the younger ones, so he has to deal with the fidgety kids himself. He wants to be a leader so badly, but he just doesn't have it, and because he's a dumbass who doesn't understand anything about child development, it irks him that not even his child listens to him as he speaks. 

I agree Drek would dearly love to be the leader of his family and read the bible to his kids the way JBoob did. But I see him making the attempt  maybe 2 or 3 times, failing miserably, and abandoning it all together when his own egotistical needs to be the center of attention and looked up to were not met. I think it's strictly for the cameras now.

Jill's camera, I mean. Cuz TLC won't tape him anymore, so ... heh heh

• Like 9

The reading of the Bible to the kids was SO fake. The way he stared at one and then the other as he finished the first bit ... so over-rehearsed that it looked disjointed and unnatural. It was like some weird dance recital that he was too exhausted to fully perform because his PMS was just too bad and the cramping made him miserable and rehearsals were just too much. And that is NOT how you engage children with the story, either. Dull. Dull. Dull. No wonder poor Izzy was trying to get away.

And what's up with Izzy's voice? I have thought it many times, but now I am voicing it ... could he have bad hearing? He is older than Spurgoboing but Spurgetawayawfulname sounds clearer to me when he speaks. I know you shouldn't compare kids but they are so close in age that it makes it hard to not notice the difference. And to me ... it's a pretty significant difference. 

But that kid is clearly smart as hell because he knows that when you are around certifiably insane people like his parents ... you should nod, say yeah, smile ... and then get away.

• Like 8

Derick Dillard Retweeted

The Gospel Coalition @TGC Dec 9

Here are 5 tips for establishing a devotional routine with your toddler:

1. Find a time that works.

2. Read something simple.

3. Talk to God.

4. Use music for memory.

5. Give your kids your full attention.

• Like 3

On the basis of virtually no evidence, I'm still convinced that Sammy's birth rendered Jill infertile (and I plan to hold this belief until proven wrong by her becoming pregnant again).  If I'm right, it's possible that Derrick doesn't want much to do with Sam because Derrick believes he's the reason that Jill can't have more babies. Or maybe he'll focus more on Sam when Sam gets old enough to be rebellious and a big ol' sinner like Israel.  Poor kids.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Derick Dillard Retweeted

The Gospel Coalition @TGC Dec 9

Here are 5 tips for establishing a devotional routine with your toddler:

1. Find a time that works.

2. Read something simple.

3. Talk to God.

4. Use music for memory.

5. Give your kids your full attention.

6. Make sure you have your clinger wife  film the whole thing so you can use it on your social media to show people what a super special godly dad you are.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Like 16

2 hours ago, IntoTheMystic said:

The reading of the Bible to the kids was SO fake. The way he stared at one and then the other as he finished the first bit ... so over-rehearsed that it looked disjointed and unnatural. It was like some weird dance recital that he was too exhausted to fully perform because his PMS was just too bad and the cramping made him miserable and rehearsals were just too much. And that is NOT how you engage children with the story, either. Dull. Dull. Dull. No wonder poor Izzy was trying to get away.

And what's up with Izzy's voice? I have thought it many times, but now I am voicing it ... could he have bad hearing? He is older than Spurgoboing but Spurgetawayawfulname sounds clearer to me when he speaks. I know you shouldn't compare kids but they are so close in age that it makes it hard to not notice the difference. And to me ... it's a pretty significant difference. 

But that kid is clearly smart as hell because he knows that when you are around certifiably insane people like his parents ... you should nod, say yeah, smile ... and then get away.

I think Spurge is more verbal because his parents engage him more. We see them in their videos talking directly to their boys, and playing with them and whatnot, and even if they are only doing it for the Instagram posts, the boys are still benefiting from the direct verbal & mental stimulation.

Edited by kalamac
  • Like 11

It was adorable how Israel and Sam were smiling at each other and Israel gently patted his cheek!  DWreck didn’t even smile and enjoy that precious moment, just barged on through with the story.  I would have stopped to appreciate that little sweet moment.  

• Like 21

27 minutes ago, awaken said:

It was adorable how Israel and Sam were smiling at each other and Israel gently patted his cheek!  DWreck didn’t even smile and enjoy that precious moment, just barged on through with the story.  I would have stopped to appreciate that little sweet moment.  

Sigh.

That was the only heartwarming moment in the video, I agree. Sadly, to the extent that Derwood even noticed, it seemed like more of an annoying distraction he wanted to ignore than the seriously adorable moment it was.

Crap like that is why you take videos of your little kids, isn't it? You would think it would be a major highlight in the Dillard family kiddy video collection. Pure sweetness. But Derek just mowed through it because it wasn't about making himself look like Daddy Of The Year... an award he would deserve about as much as Michelle deserved to be named mother of the year. Which is NOT AT ALL.

• Like 14

11 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20171226-111200.thumb.jpg.3068d64c947c4d4ba3a5a1c19cb1e6ba.jpgScreenshot_20171226-111254.thumb.jpg.671ae0b50831b24a2baf61d53f8b9989.jpg

A damn nutter.

"Santa conspiracy theorists"?! Does this idiot really believe adults think he's real?! Everyone knows Santa is a fun thing for kids, yet last year he posted 'Hey kids, Santa isn't real!"

What a miserable killjoy. I think from now on that I’m just gonna call him Buzzkill.Derick had Santa growing up. Boob was too cheap to give his kids a full blown Christmas. I imagine that’s the position of a lot of large families because it’s expensive to do that. Also appreciate the spiritual slant that Christmas isn’t supposed to be about presents and some churches tell followers “don’t do Santa”. But come on, Dreck, don’t spoil it for everyone else.

• Like 4

I listened to that video...thanks for the directions to it...Israel is developing quite a lisp. I notice that many of "those" children have lisps when young. I wonder why?

39 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I listened to that video...thanks for the directions to it...Israel is developing quite a lisp. I notice that many of "those" children have lisps when young. I wonder why?

Maybe it’s the high pitched godly wife and mommy Gothard patterns of speech they’re subjected to?

• Like 5

Jill (Duggar)Dillard

@jillmdillard

Anyone have suggestions for a family friendly movie to watch on Netflix?

6:49 PM · Dec 26, 2017

Why is she asking on Twitter ? She’s a goof too. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Jill (Duggar)Dillard

@jillmdillard

Anyone have suggestions for a family friendly movie to watch on Netflix?

6:49 PM · Dec 26, 2017

Why is she asking on Twitter ? She’s a goof too. 

Because she's demonstrating how mainstream they are, what with watching movies an all.

• Like 20

Contrast this with the picture of Ben reading a children's book (secular?) to Spurge and Henry.

Spurgie and Henry can be read secular books becuase they are good kids.  But Israel, due to his incessant and constant manipulation, which we have been told about ad infinitum, needs to be trained up with constant Bible readings (probably about Hell and a dash of Sodom and Gomorrah thrown in for good measure)

• Like 14

Aethera

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.