Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Celebrating early.......that doesn't seem right!

Well, maybe not. Sometimes when you have two sets of in-laws to go to, you do end up celebrating at home with your own kids two days early, if possible. Because Christmas Eve and Christmas Day go to the grandparents (and aunts and uncles and cousins)>  That's been my experience anyway.

Those of us who work for a living can only manage to do it in a year like this one, though, when Christmas falls on a Saturday. But that wouldn't stop the Dullards (or any other Duggar or Duggar adjacent, really). 

1 hour ago, Mollie said:

I think they've already crashed and burned.  They are off the reality TV show, so they have no more national audience for their donation requests.  Without the TLC PR department, magazines showed little interest in Samuel's birth.  They bombed as missionaries in Central America, with no reported conversions and never mastering Spanish.  Derick hasn't reported a single conversion/baptism after five months of trying to convert foreign college students in Arkansas. For the past two years, they've had to constantly beg for money to live on.

I think that's true. But actually I think that has a chance of being good for them. (or better for them than not, at least). Hardly anybody ever starts climbing up until they've hit rock bottom. 

That's one reason (of several, of course) that I'd like to see the show go off the air. It'd force them all to rock bottom and then the forced climbing might begin. The longer you're allowed to live in an unsustainable fantasy, the harder it is to get an upward climb together when the good times finally end, in many cases, I think. 

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I think it's a duplex, since he only shot half of the house. I zoomed in and saw the house numbers but next to them is a #5 above the flag.

I think the #5 is an apartment number, probably in one of a grouping of duplexes. The area to the right of the house looks like it might be guest parking, too. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

From a Mcmansion too...that? A shitty duplex? They both have another 50 years to live. Get used to this lifestyle, Dillards.

It's so crazy to me that if Derick had stayed at Walmart, they would still be living in that original beautiful house, and maaaaay be able to sustain that lifestyle! They had everything at such a young age, but their decisions have been their undoing! And it's not just because of their house size. Let's say Derick decided he hated accounting, and wanted to teach elementary school instead. Let's say he made the switch and was blissfully happy with his career choice and worked hard, but it meant they moved into a duplex. They may be happier with fewer material things! However, they lost their mansion for...no good tradeoff. I'll never for the life of me understand his decisions!

• Love 15
32 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

My 11 year old nieces and nephews do this shit. It’s Saturday so I have to ask: what the hell is wrong with him!?

AC131485-C958-42DD-8EC4-A25B95F9A78C.jpeg

This looks like one of those, “Oh, what a feeling!” Toyota commercials from the 80s.

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

My 11 year old nieces and nephews do this shit. It’s Saturday so I have to ask: what the hell is wrong with him!?

AC131485-C958-42DD-8EC4-A25B95F9A78C.jpeg

Seeing as he has the maturity and insight of an eleven-year-old...

• Love 9

What the heck does as you grow in him means? Why would you show a picture of the place you live with the address number shown? Why can they not say congratulations without throwing God into it? For the answers to these questions and more please stay tune to another episode of How the Dullards Become More Obnoxious As the World Turns.

5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I guess the Dullards have a small house rather than a shitty apartment. No wonder Derelict had to set up a GoFundMe. Someone has to pay the rent, and it won't be him! It could still be one of Boob's rentals, but like the McMansions, Derelict will never admit it.

Well, I guess my question about why it's always so dark inside their home is now answered. It's because they apparently keep their windows fully covered at all times, even during the day. I mean, I can understand them wanting some privacy, considering the design of the house and its surroundings, but there has to be some middle ground between living in a fish bowl and living in a dark cave. Sheer curtains during the day would let some daylight in while still providing some privacy.

• Love 7

I thought the same thing, Vaysh. That the Dillards live in the dark even during the day. I agree that sheer curtains is the way to go. I have them and they're great. Light is let in, you can see outside,, but the view inside is obscured by the curtains. What's wrong with them? Just not healthy for kids to live in the dark.  I wonder if this is a property of Boob's. Anyone recognize it?

The house numbers are curious....17786....then a number '5' by the flag...Perhaps it's UNIT 5 of a student housing area?

• Love 6

It's not one of Boob's. I google-earthed it from above. There are a cluster of these houses/duplexes around them. I was unable to suss out any information w/r/t whether it's Cross Church property, but it does appear to be a small complex of identical houses kind of out in the middle of nowhere of Springdale. Maybe they're close to Fayetteville where Derelict goes to "school?"

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Trillium said:

That photo is so bizarre, it almost looks photoshopped. Or that he should be riding a magic carpet. Either way, why? How  many pictures did Jill have to take for him to look that ridiculous? 

It's looks photo shopped so much, it probably is. People I know took pictures like this, but they're teenagers and athletic.  

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Temperance said:

It's looks photo shopped so much, it probably is. People I know took pictures like this, but they're teenagers and athletic.  

There’s one chair that’s not really pushed in at the table.  I bet he jumped off the chair and launched himself forward.  My husband is of similar lankiness and could make an awkward jump like that pretty reasonably.

But you don’t see any shadows either.  I don’t know if I could say yes one way or the other.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Vaysh said:

Well, I guess my question about why it's always so dark inside their home is now answered. It's because they apparently keep their windows fully covered at all times, even during the day. I mean, I can understand them wanting some privacy, considering the design of the house and its surroundings, but there has to be some middle ground between living in a fish bowl and living in a dark cave. Sheer curtains during the day would let some daylight in while still providing some privacy.

Maybe a carryover habit from DA? When they were cowering inside all day?

• Love 4

The TTH has blinds down all the time as well, but that's for filming purposes. I remember when they filmed TLC installing them with the "help" of some Howlers. Benessa's house is similarly shuttered, but TLC came in and had Jana "install" lighting for filming in their place as well. 

No excuse now that we know there's no filming going on in the Dullard abode. Now that they're not in DA any longer, there's no reason to batten down the hatches. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Agreed. Look at Dericks knees by the white tablecloth. I'm going with photoshopped.

• Love 3

Well, if they're living in the dark 24/7, they'll probably have a lot in common with their fellow college students! I remember being in the dorm, where it seemed like 90% of my peers put heavy curtains over the ONE window we had, and sat in the dark, playing video games, all day on weekends. I never understood that; I would get depressed living like that! I used to request a dorm on the western side of the building so I could have daylight for longer at night. People acted like that was so dumb and crazy, but I thought, "why should I not have a lot of sunlight? Most people on this side of the building don't appreciate it and leave up their sun-blocking black curtains anyway!" I'll never understand it!

• Love 6
19 hours ago, charmed1 said:

This looks like one of those, “Oh, what a feeling!” Toyota commercials from the 80s.

I cannot stop laughing!!!

For some reason it really pisses me off that the guests were apparently invited (per one of Derick's tweets) to experience a traditional Thanksgiving with an American family. And then they get hassled for Jesus. Maybe to duggars that IS a good old American Thanksgiving but I call it bait and switch, and a corruption of what I think the day should be about. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I cannot stop laughing!!!

For some reason it really pisses me odd that the guests were apparently invited (per one of Derick's tweets) to experience a traditional Thanksgiving with an American family. And then they get hassled for Jesus. Maybe to duggars that IS a good old American Thanksgiving but I call it bait and switch, and a corruption of what I think the day should be about. 

I also find it hilarious that they think all these international students are torn up about not getting to home for thanksgiving, and are so desperate for turkey day that they'll spend it with anybody who asks. Hello, this is an AMERICAN day? Of course, I'm sure there are some students who are curious to see an American thanksgiving, but Dwerp probably didn't think of that. He is too geographically unaware to realize that thanksgiving isn't so special for middle eastern people. 

• Love 14

Just so you know

Derick Dillard @derickmdillard 1m

Christianity is not about following any set of rules. It’s about recognizing and responding to who Jesus Christ is. He is the only Savior of the world. Joy to the world because God sent his son, Jesus, who continues to live today! #MerryChristmas2017

could be confusing if you also read this

Derick Dillard @derickmdillard

Everything we do is either godly or ungodly. Let’s not be deceived; there is no gray area. #revelation316

12:09 PM · Dec 23, 2017

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Just so you know

Derick Dillard @derickmdillard 1m

Christianity is not about following any set of rules. It’s about recognizing and responding to who Jesus Christ is. He is the only Savior of the world. Joy to the world because God sent his son, Jesus, who continues to live today! #MerryChristmas2017

could be confusing if you also read this

Derick Dillard @derickmdillard

Everything we do is either godly or ungodly. Let’s not be deceived; there is no gray area. #revelation316

12:09 PM · Dec 23, 2017

Maybe I'm just a dumb old Catholic, but aren't we supposed to follow the ten Commandments?

• Love 2

I think she's wearing a oversized sweater that she may have had when she was pregnant. I would wear Jill's pants. I'm surprised/not surprised they're still swaddling Sam. 

@xwordfanatik If you google "twitter Derick Dillard", you should be able to click on his account and see his tweets. That works for any celebrity/twitterer just type in twitter and a name. I use it to see tweets by those I like.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Temperance said:

If you google "twitter Derick Dillard", you should be able to click on his account and see his tweets. That works for any celebrity/twitterer just type in twitter and a name. I use it to see tweets by those I like.

You can't see the comments without a link from someone who has an account; you can only see the original tweet.

Of course the dullards are going to go to the TTH for actual Xmas day, so Cathy had to celebrate early. I predict the Seewalds will be at the TTH too on 12/25 instead of at Bin's parents. It'll be interesting to see if Jeremeee leads a church service at his church or leaves again to visit family. Wonder about JoKen, and Joy&hubby (I can't even remember his name).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

I think she's wearing a oversized sweater that she may have had when she was pregnant. I would wear Jill's pants. I'm surprised/not surprised they're still swaddling Sam. 

@xwordfanatik If you google "twitter Derick Dillard", you should be able to click on his account and see his tweets. That works for any celebrity/twitterer just type in twitter and a name. I use it to see tweets by those I like.

Thank you, @Temperance, it worked!

• Love 1

In every picture I've seen of old Dan there, he looks stiffer than a Mr. Whipple cutout.  One would think that having a ton of siblings, she would know how to hold a baby correctly.  That poor kid looks like he just an afterthought.  

• Love 4

Derick's "Thanksgiving with an American family" sounds exactly like Miss Cathy's "Free music lessons for children with incarcerated parents".  Classic bait and switch.

When your two-year old gets ahold of your phone and decides to take pics of his little brother haha  (bolding mine)

Wait, this woman is teaching ESL? 

• Love 2

Not to worry, real ESL teachers need deep, complex knowledge of grammar beyond what adjectives and verbs are. I doubt Jill could even identify an independent clause vs. a dependent one. That's Grammar 101. And as a tutor of ESL students for several years, I'm still looking stuff up (as are several other tutors who aren't in graduate ESL programs); many of them have a better grasp of mechanics than native writers, even those like myself who were bloody English majors. 

• Love 9