Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

He banned my new account after I had merely stated that reality performers were under contract with the production company, then asked if the contract wasn't renewed. Nothing heinous, but at the time, he deleted it. Yesterday, I found out that I was blocked on my phone, but when I went on Twitter on the laptop last evening, I could see his page. I took that opportunity to communicate with him (still officially blocked on my phone). When I searched his page on my phone this morning, I was restored. 

It's a Festivus Miracle! ?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 19

It's illegal to be performed by a lay midwife. A midwife can attend at a hospital, but with these nutters, that's not even a consideration. Not to mention, lay midwives can't attend hospital births in AR other than as doula support. I don't know if AR even has LNMs; I've never seen a list produced as I have for the lay midwives. 

If the Dullards are really going in another direction, they could certainly use Jill's income if she would just take the state exam. Although her being off the training list for almost two years, not to forget the escapades of Venessa, she may have to go back and do a ton of hours to even be considered for testing even for NARM now.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

He banned my new account after I had merely stated that reality performers were under contract with the production company, then asked if the contract wasn't renewed. Nothing heinous, but at the time, he deleted it. Yesterday, I found out that I was blocked on my phone, but when I went on Twitter on the laptop last evening, I could see his page. I took that opportunity to communicate with him (still officially blocked on my phone). When I searched his page on my phone this morning, I was restored. 

It's a Festivus Miracle! ?

Yes yes yes what did you communicate to him?? Did he reply? Did he seem to get it?  YOU'D MAKE A TERRIBLE WRITER FOR INQUISITR, SEW!

• Love 9

I twat-messaged him. No reply, but when I tried a Dullard search on my phone this morning, there he was, rather than the blocked message that I had yesterday. I wonder what went through his mind when he read my message? Forgiveness is divine? Nah....

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I twat-messaged him. No reply, but when I tried a Dullard search on my phone this morning, there he was, rather than the blocked message that I had yesterday. I wonder what went through his mind when he read my message? Forgiveness is divine? Nah....

First of all: have I told you lately that I love you?

Second of all: ahhh, yes. Confronted by logic and reason, Derelict grows sheepish. Typical.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

May I enter your already polygymous marriage arrangement? The more the merrier! ?

I'm confused, I thought you already were? I need to keep better track.

Ahem.

Sew Sumi, will you marry us? *side hug*

• Love 7

Will someone Tweet Derick a question ... 

"Derick, I recently lost my husband and I'm starting to have amorous feelings toward my best female friend. I've been praying to God and just don't know what to do. What do you suggest I do?"

...or something like that? I'm very curious to how he would respond to someone asking for support and help.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I work with a guy who does this.  He signs work e-mails "in Christ's name" and tells everyone he sees that he is "truly blessed."  I've heard him wonder aloud whether a recently deceased friend was a "Godly man" and whether he'd make it into heaven.  He's a total boor (and bore) who listens to no one but his "Godly" self and is misogynistic besides.  Somehow he brings money into our private company, so his over the top behavior is allowed by the powers that be.  Anyway, fundies like the Duggars who make a great show of their faith really do this.  I see it all the time!  They don't care about looking odd.  If mainstream people comment on their showy behavior, they feel persecuted for their faith.  

I've experienced the same kind of things.  Also, I think if people want to pray, that's fine, but I find it passive aggressive when they ask if they can pray for me.  If you want to do it, fine; if I don't believe in it what possible difference does that make to me?  And it puts you in a no win position.  Either you say yes and they think you are down with their religion or you say no and are considered a jerk.  I had someone at work talk about pagans in a derogatory way and when I pointed out that paganism is a religion that many nice people practice, I was looked at as if I were a low life.  I think people who use these terms cry persecution if anyone comments or doesn't want to be included, but if other religions act similarly, they are condemned.  Makes no sense.  

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Will someone Tweet Derick a question ... 

"Derick, I recently lost my husband and I'm starting to have amorous feelings toward my best female friend. I've been praying to God and just don't know what to do. What do you suggest I do?"

...or something like that? I'm very curious to how he would respond to someone asking for support and help.

I have a feeling the answer is "pray." 

On the other hand, I don't have a much better answer than that myself. lol 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Kiss her, you fool! lol

I'll use my multiple accounts to respond to myself. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Pray for the joy of finding a new love? Pray for the new found discovery of sexual fluidity? Pray the gay away? 

• Love 7
On Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 3:47 PM, ginger90 said:

Such an odd person

Derick Dillard @derickmdillard

Hope you’re having a great holiday! If you’re traveling or have down time with the family this season, don’t forget you can catch up on every episode of Counting On available on #TLCgo right now. Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas!

3:05 PM · Dec 20, 2017

Remember this? He took it down..........because

Replying to @derickmdillard

Why do you continue to promote #TLC #CountingOn Show after your wife, #JillDillard and you, #DerickMDillard were removed from the reality series? Do you realize in promoting #TLC #CountingOn, you are promoting #IAmJazz Reality Series or any of their of shows?

Derick Dillard @derickmdillardReplying to @ThornsburyDonna

Good point.

2:25 PM - 21 Dec 2017

And POOF !

• Love 16
28 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Pray for the joy of finding a new love? Pray for the new found discovery of sexual fluidity? Pray the gay away? 

My suggestion would be -- Pray for wisdom about the best way to handle this while respecting both yourself and the other person. lol  Because just because you have sexual feelings toward a friend (of either sex) doesn't mean that she or he has sexual feelings towards you. But she or he does have friendly feelings toward you. So you need to be delicate, lest you mess those up. 

But, yeah, pray for anything you want. 

In Der's case, of course, it would be "Pray to have the gay temptation removed from your heart." Or thereabouts. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
On 12/20/2017 at 6:06 PM, BetyBee said:

What I notice in the pic above is that the Dullards have a fancy pants stroller and the Seewalds have umbrollers.  Conclusion?  Grifting pays better than cleaning toilets!

Oooooh.....good catch!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Since it doesn't seem Derick has many supporters on Twitter, and Instagram, why keep them active? With all of his blocking, he will be twatting himself !!!

Isn't that against Gothard rules?

• Love 15
On 12/20/2017 at 7:06 PM, BetyBee said:

What I notice in the pic above is that the Dullards have a fancy pants stroller and the Seewalds have umbrollers.  Conclusion?  Grifting pays better than cleaning toilets!

I have no way of knowing whether this is true, but I'd bet a lot that Cathy bought the stroller for her only grandchildren.

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Didn't Jill buy that stroller during the episode where Marcus fell at a giant consignment store sale?

So the Lord placed that stroller in the consignment store at just the time that Jill needed it?  Praise be! ;)

• Love 10
On 12/19/2017 at 8:12 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I've heard it online, and I only use it jokingly to Mr. Xword.  I would NEVER post it or use it in conversation.  Jill is trying so hard to be "hip" or whatever she's doing. It's not working.

Didn't Jill use the word "epic" and get scolded by Derick? Or was it a different J? It could have been Kendra. I think it was Jill, though. Something about the word being overused or something. I remember thinking "Only on a Duggar show is a woman told how to talk by a man."

On 12/20/2017 at 2:19 PM, Lunera said:

Jill wearing her same ill fitting pants again. They look like very worn out, loose jeggings. At least she's warm, though. 

You can tell who gets donations and who buys their strollers at thrift stores. That stroller that the Dullards are pushing around costs a pretty penny. Even at thrift stores. The wife and I have one.

Has anyone ever noticed how little Henry and Spurageonandon always seem engaged and interactive and interested in everything, but poor little Sam looks two seconds from a camera flash heart attack and Izzy is just kind of blank? Look at them in this photo. Spurgenoughalready is clearly looking at Izzy and trying to engage/play and Izzy is just ... blank. I wonder why.

Edited by IntoTheMystic
Had to add more snark.
  • Love 12
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Remember this? He took it down..........because

Replying to @derickmdillard

Why do you continue to promote #TLC #CountingOn Show after your wife, #JillDillard and you, #DerickMDillard were removed from the reality series? Do you realize in promoting #TLC #CountingOn, you are promoting #IAmJazz Reality Series or any of their of shows?

Derick Dillard @derickmdillardReplying to @ThornsburyDonna

Good point.

2:25 PM - 21 Dec 2017

And POOF !

Why do I find this this so funny? I straight up cackled. 

Stuff like that makes me wish I had the savvy and patience for proper trolling, because Derick could so easily--and hilariously--be made to say and do all kinds crap by the right person. 

• Love 11
19 hours ago, Aja said:

Neat! Sweet! What are your goals? Because of course that will determine what mine are. Since we're married now, we should talk about it. Everybody knows how pointless it is to talk about these things before getting married.

I can't TELL you the plans I have for Twatter. At this point I'm going to have to make five or six separate accounts. I'm going to have the "leghumper" account--deeply buried passive aggression (e.g. "God bless you, Derick! I love the Lord, but I'm really poor, so I guess he doesn't love me as much as he loves you. I pray about this daily. Do you have any advice?"), the "reasonable lesbian" account (e.g. "I'm hurt that you would condemn me to hell without even knowing me. Why do you think this is ok? Why do you ignore literally every other word of Leviticus except those words? I just want clarification, as I'm trying to better understand you."), the "Bible verse" account (I'll just reply to all of his Bible verses with my own contradictory Bible verses), the "hypocrisy" account (e.g. "Is your opposition to abortion because you care about the lives of children, or because you are the Republican party's butt boy? Since you're totally fine with thousands of children getting murdered every year by gun violence, and you fervently support THE SECOND AMENDMENTS, I'm going to go with butt boy.") and of course, Aja's account. "Shut the fuck up and get a job,  Republican party butt boy."

It's gonna be LIT.

myv992k.gif

ETA: Please keep us posted as to if when he takes the bait, Aja :D

Edited by PinkyCupcake
  • Love 14
On 12/20/2017 at 7:06 PM, Maharincess said:

Can I ask a question?  What's wrong with just writing the words out in full?  It doesn't take more than a second to write it.  I don't use the initials and acronyms so maybe there's a solid reason to use them but I haven't figured out what it is yet. 

I'm with you!

• Love 2

THE DILLARD FAMILY

Toggle navigation

DILLARD FAMILY BLOG

Dillard Family Update

December 22, 2017

Merry Christmas! Thank you all so much for your prayers and support! 

We have had the privilege over the last few months to have many interactions with international students and their families! 

Derick was able to help organize "Thanksgiving dinner in an American home" between several host families from our church and students at the University of Arkansas! Jill's family opened their home to several students and their families, and we had nearly 20 guests from several different countries (mostly Muslim families)! Derick is currently working to arrange the same thing for Christmas with any students who will be in the area for the holidays. 

One of the Ph.D students from an Arab country brought her husband and child. Her husband seems very open to the gospel and even said if they were going to be in the area longer that he would've loved to visit our church! Jill's family's pastor was also able to talk with him a lot on Thanksgiving and even took him hunting the next morning! We are praying for him as Derick and others continue to befriend him that God will save his soul. Our goal is that, through these host home - international student matches, many relationships would begin that would extend beyond a one-time holiday experience.  

Jill and the boys have been able to be a part of a weekly Arab ladies English class, with Muslim ladies from several different countries (Iraq, Palestine, Saudi Arabia & Albania). Every week the ladies meet at a friend's home where they learn to make an American dish, eat together, then read a Bible story and discuss the English language, before hearing from a speaker on a topic of life (e.g. marriage, pregnancy, etc.).   

On Black Friday, we were doing some shopping and saw a of couple ladies wearing burkas, so Jill stopped to ask them where they were from and invited them to the Bible study. They came that week, and one of the ladies brought some traditional tea and treats to share. When asked if they had ever read a story from the Bible, both ladies said they had not. We are praying they will return to more Bible studies. One of the ladies said she and her husband would be excited to come to our home for dinner after her husband's finals are finished. 

Israel and Sam are doing well now after both having had colds the last couple weeks. We are enjoying being close to both of our families for this season and are grateful for Cross Church School of Ministry right here in our area that we get to serve with during the next year!  

Thank you to all of those who have prayed with us and given support toward our fundraising goal! We are so grateful! In addition to helping start the International Student Ministry through Cross Church's College ministry (C3), Derick has been working hard to keep up with class assignments through the School of Ministry and has finished two of the five-week seminary classes, totaling six credit hours (during the next year he will get about twenty-seven hours!). 

Prayer requests & praises: 
• Pray for continued opportunities to share our faith and for souls to be saved and disciples made! 
• Pray for our Arab friends.
• Pray for "Home for the Holidays" Christmas dinner in an American home—for God to bring the right students and host families. 
• Pray for a Japanese student who lost his mom and recently moved to the States. 
• Pray for continued health during flu season.
• Praise God for the connections that have been made with international students and their families!

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 21
2 minutes ago, floridamom said:

So, this 'befriending" muslim students is ONLY SO THEY CAN CONVERT THEM. They actually have not personal interest in the person, WHO they are, or what their lives are about...just the religious aspect of their lives is what they're interested in....and interested in changing it. Well, the Dillards are  phonies if you ask me. 

Yep, but they're phonies who are acting in concert with -- and probably at the behest of -- the church they go to and the church leaders they follow -- one of whom, Ronnie Floyd, is arguably among a handful of the most powerful fundie leaders in the country right now, heading the National Prayer Breakfast and being on the Prez's board of "evangelical advisors," who are frequent White House guests, for example. 

I guess it's fun to just bash the stupid follower Dullards and ill-dressing Der. But they are pretty much never dreaming up any of their crap themselves but are pretty much always saying what a pretty powerful group of people are telling them to say and do. ....

I guess that group is pretty damn successfully operating out of sight of America in general, since there always seems to be the perception that Der is some kind of lone actor here. And that's actually the part that worries me. He's not a lone actor at all. He's the tiny tiny tiny tip of a pretty large iceberg that's out there pushing these attitudes and behaviors. 

• Love 20

Do they not realize that many Arabs, particularly from Palestine and Egypt are already Christians, and the same can be said for Armenians and Albanians and  Bosnians also being adherents to Christianity?

I realize it’s not their brand of Christianity, so therefore, it’s all “wrong”. Muslims read the Quran, which will have stories about Moses, Abraham, and Jesus contained therein. Do they not know that Islam is also an Abrahamic faith? It includes stories of Jesus because the faith was established after Christianity.

22 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Aja, although I support your missioncation to Danger Twatter, I implore you to forget every spelling lesson you’ve learned since second grade when you go under cover as a Leg Humper.

Danger Twatter! I’m DEAD!  You win the Interwebz today!  

Our lovely Aja must prepare herself for this missioncation by setting up a GoFundMe page for grifting and get the steely resolve not to lose her shit if her shower rack or caddy falls. This mission, should you choose to accept it...this tape will self destruct in 5 seconds...

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Do they not realize that many Arabs, particularly from Palestine and Egypt are already Christians, and the same can be said for Armenians and Albanians and  Bosnians also being adherents to Christianity?

When's the last time a Duggar or a Duggar adjacent realized anything factual? lol 

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

When's the last time a Duggar or a Duggar adjacent realized anything factual? lol 

Particularly when they get their “facts” from news outlets and other religious leaders that follow the same blighted ignorance that they eat up with a spoon. 

• Love 8

That little 'update' was so damn offensive.  I don't even know where to start.

These two remind of those people that stand at mall kiosks pushing lotion samples.  "Ms, just one moment please.  I would like to shove my personal version of superior religiosity down your throat.  It will only take a second".  

• Love 19
Just now, JennyMominFL said:

Arab does not equal Muslim.

I wonder if they were really wearing burqas or if the Duggars associate all middle eastern clothing as burkas?

That's my guess.  They probably see a woman in a hijab and call it a "burqa".   Or even a niqab. 

I stumble around with words and cultural things too. We all do. The difference is I either ask or look it up. I really want to learn things and have the correct information.  The Dillards have no clue they are mixed up.  Well, Derick and Jill have really shut down the homeschool vs public school debate.  Here we have one of each and they are both idiots.  hahaha

Arab Christians don't need to convert, Derick.  They are already Christian.  hello? 

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

One tactic proselytizers (that is, people who seek converts from one doctrine to another) use is to invite international students to “a dinner” or “a party” or some other event without informing students that the event is sponsored by the church and that those who attend may be subject to pressure to change their religious beliefs. Students who find themselves in such situations can simply leave if they are uncomfortable."

Sounds like Amway.  

• Love 21
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

So, this 'befriending" muslim students is ONLY SO THEY CAN CONVERT THEM. They actually have not personal interest in the person, WHO they are, or what their lives are about...just the religious aspect of their lives is what they're interested in....and interested in changing it. Well, the Dillards are  phonies if you ask me. 

Seems that the meaning of their religion is to get other people to join it so Christ will come back. 

Hell, Austin and Joy spent most of their honeymoon doing that at ground zero of the effort -- in Israel. ..... 

I'm sure that they would all say that they're looking at what's essential in God's world, whereas we're blinded by a satanic "humanism." For which we'll have time to repent (too late) while we're burning in hell for all eternity. 

I expect what they're trying to do in these situations gives them a real sense of purpose, actually.

Unfortunately, I think it's bullshit, but that's because my assumptions are really really different from theirs. I don't know that there's a way to bridge their worldview and mine so that anyone could really even communicate with them about it. Anything I'd say comes off like humanism to them -- and that's a denial of their God. And anything they'd say comes off as a mean-spirited fantasy to me. 

I think this is about more than just one family that we think are idiots. I think it's emblematic of a serious disjoint between tens of millions of people in our society and the other hundreds of millions who don't go with their view. And that gap is one of the key things that's tearing us apart as a society today, actually. 

5 minutes ago, Broken Ox said:

Sounds like Amway.  

I love that.

I think this is where Amway got it, actually,isn't it? 

• Love 11

I keep thinking about how embarrassing it must be for universities in this supposed land of freedoms -- especially freedoms to think and to believe according to the dictates of your own heart and mind, according to our myth of ourselves, at least -- to have to explain to foreign students and scholars that this is the way a bunch of people in their community might behave toward them .... It's horrifying. 

But I'm sure that Der and Jill and the rest of the Cross Church party throwers think they're doing the best thing they could possibly be doing. Hopefully after a few years (I'd hope for sooner, but I doubt that's realistic) they'll realize that it's a big failure and knock it off. Can't see anything else that would stop them, really. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7