Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I will admit that I don't quite understand transgenders and why someone would go to such great lengths to 'change', but it's certainly not my place to be mean or hateful to another human being who has caused me no harm. I try to imagine the inner struggle and turmoil that person must have been and is going through in life. It's more Christian to be kind to someone dealing with such a profound struggle in lie than it is to 'correct the belittle' them. Jesus would never do that. He loved ALL for who they were, He instructed to love God and be kind to others and treat them as you would have them treat you. 

When I have encountered gay people, male AND female, I have found them to be the most kind, likeable people I have ever met as a whole. I encountered only one transgender individual thus far, in the grocery store one day, and I have to say....a nice, non-intrusive person. I wouldn't mind if that person were a neighbor of mine....beats some of the neighbors I have now!

If the Duggar girls have skirts over their pants, IMO, it doesn't count as wearing pants.

• Love 14

There is absolutely NO REASON that the Dillards can't post on their own website or their family's fan blog about the events leading up to Sam's birth and the results of it. We have heard nothing because in doing so, the Dillards would NOT BE PAID anything for that information. It goes to show even more they are all motivated by MONEY. They actually care nothing for their fan/followers only that those people provide them a very good income...otherwise, they would have nothing to do with most of them.

If I'm wrong, I'm challenging the Dillards to post what went down with Sam's labor and delivery on their website. I bet we won't read a word more about it.

• Love 9

I think Anna appearing on the show intermittently after the "Josh thing" is a bit different than if Jill continues to appear. Anna had 'wrong done to her' by Josh...I don't think she actually knew the details of his behavior towards his 5 victims because that would have tampered with her pre-marital 'purity of mind'...then his infidelities were not of her doing nor with her knowledge....so she was a victim of his also...Jill, however, was quite aware of Derick's opinions, beliefs and postings...and agrees with him on those things. There a difference there to me. I think they should can her too. This way, Derick and his household will not be receiving income from TLC....which is part of the point in firing him.

• Love 11

I detest current Derick.  He seemed like a dorky, cheerful guy when we first saw him on the show.  I think that surgery was a huge mistake, which has compounded whatever medical issues led to it.  He hates his life and he lashes out at others to compensate.  He may be depressed, which may be why he resists doing actual work to support his family.  I think he just can't muster the energy to get a job just to support his family.  I remember a lot of posting (I don't watch the show) about how he was happily splashing in the rain in DA, heading off to some "missionary" duty.  Losing that job probably upset him more than the TLC one since he's still trying to recreate a fake missionary "job".  I could respect him if he stopped tweeting, put his head down and actually WORKED for whatever it is he wants from life.  He's pretty pathetic.  The ones I feel sorriest for are Izzy & Sam.  

• Love 16
48 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I will admit that I don't quite understand transgenders and why someone would go to such great lengths to 'change', but it's certainly not my place to be mean or hateful to another human being who has caused me no harm. I try to imagine the inner struggle and turmoil that person must have been and is going through in life. It's more Christian to be kind to someone dealing with such a profound struggle in lie than it is to 'correct the belittle' them. Jesus would never do that. He loved ALL for who they were, He instructed to love God and be kind to others and treat them as you would have them treat you. 

When I have encountered gay people, male AND female, I have found them to be the most kind, likeable people I have ever met as a whole. I encountered only one transgender individual thus far, in the grocery store one day, and I have to say....a nice, non-intrusive person. I wouldn't mind if that person were a neighbor of mine....beats some of the neighbors I have now!

I tried to post something like this earlier, but deleted it. My wording was not clear. This post is clear and I  agree with it. I don’t understand the mismatch between the brain and the  body either.  The idea of reassignment surgery makes me quiver- but it’s not my body, not my choice, and No One is required to explain it to me.  People in the midst of that choice( choosing surgery or deal with this mismatch some other way)  are, at the core of it all, human beings just like anyone else.  Good, bad, funny, boring, etc. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, truthtalk2014 said:

This is the most shocking Duggar thing I have seen. 

I have to give that award to Jinger, for not being pregnant. Jill in pants (are those skinny jeans?) is a close second.

The first transgender person I met was at divinity school. Bet that would blow Derick's mind.

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 18
52 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I detest current Derick.  He seemed like a dorky, cheerful guy when we first saw him on the show.  I think that surgery was a huge mistake, which has compounded whatever medical issues led to it.  He hates his life and he lashes out at others to compensate.  He may be depressed, which may be why he resists doing actual work to support his family.  I think he just can't muster the energy to get a job just to support his family.  I remember a lot of posting (I don't watch the show) about how he was happily splashing in the rain in DA, heading off to some "missionary" duty.  Losing that job probably upset him more than the TLC one since he's still trying to recreate a fake missionary "job".  I could respect him if he stopped tweeting, put his head down and actually WORKED for whatever it is he wants from life.  He's pretty pathetic.  The ones I feel sorriest for are Izzy & Sam.  

Maybe Derick can hook up with Austin's family and do the Bible camp schtick. Not the actual physical work of maintaining the property and working in the kitchen, but the skits and musical sing-alongs, maybe some crafting.  

I suspect he finally grew a set (or retrieved his gonads from the jar Boob was safekeeping) and put his foot down in the only way he knew how, ie, getting fired from TLC. While I disagree with his beliefs, bullying and messages, I have a modicum of respect for him moving from under Boob's umbrella and doing his own thing. 

• Love 4

Just caught up to the news.  The TLC tweet is epic and explains a lot.  The Daily Mail coverage is all over Derrick giving him no sympathy even including the old video of him running over the cat on the sled (  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5073875/Derick-Dillard-says-Jazz-Jennings-used-agenda.html  ) .

So I guess we get no scenes of him and Jilly in their  "ministry school" apartment but the big question is do we get a Samuel's birth show that leaves Derrick off the screen or does the shunning of Derrick mean that Jill and the kids are just all off the show.  And has he gone so far and pushed TLC to the point where they'll edit him out of family events using CGI sun flares and potted plants ala Josh (maybe TLC can request that the two stand next to each other at all weddings to make it easier for the editors to erase them).

As far as his tweets go it is beyond annoying and sick that he continues to refer to Jazz as "him" knowing how it reads and, most important, knowing that Jazz herself does not want that.  And now his statements that she's being taken advantage of and it's all an agenda which are completely ignorant and, again, highly insulting coming from someone who has never met Jazz and his absolutely no inside knowledge of her situation but it's OK because he has his "morals" to guide him when he says these things.  I dare him to sit down with Jazz for 30 minutes and hear her true feelings on becoming a woman  (seriously just dreaming there, I have no illusions that Derrick is completely closed off and would be totally unreachable by any logic or even feelings that Jazz might try to communicate)

• Love 22
13 minutes ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Just caught up to the news.  The TLC tweet is epic and explains a lot.  The Daily Mail coverage is all over Derrick giving him no sympathy even including the old video of him running over the cat on the sled (  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5073875/Derick-Dillard-says-Jazz-Jennings-used-agenda.html  ) .

Daily Mail has always been utterly savage. I enjoy their epic smack downs when it’s someone I don’t like. And in order to make articles longer they usually add the subject’s various misdeeds and helpfully add lots of photos. They were also all over Tabby’s rapist husband when that came out. 

And yes, this explains a whole lot. 

• Love 8

If indeed all the TLC money goes into the Duggar fund which Jim Bob is in control of and only Jim Bob,  he will Dole out the money as he see fit.... And if he wants to support Julie muffin and her family Derek will be taken care of regardless of whether he's on the show or not.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, sigmaforce86 said:

As far as his tweets go it is beyond annoying and sick that he continues to refer to Jazz as "him" knowing how it reads and, most important, knowing that Jazz herself does not want that.  And now his statements that she's being taken advantage of and it's all an agenda which are completely ignorant and, again, highly insulting coming from someone who has never met Jazz and his absolutely no inside knowledge of her situation but it's OK because he has his "morals" to guide him when he says these things.  I dare him to sit down with Jazz for 30 minutes and hear her true feelings on becoming a woman  (seriously just dreaming there, I have no illusions that Derrick is completely closed off and would be totally unreachable by any logic or even feelings that Jazz might try to communicate)

Shame on the Jennings for having an agenda! Says the family of "Josie Duggar, miracle baby", ISRAEL Dillard and SPURGEON Seawald (Don't forget to donate)!

Matthew 23:27New International Version (NIV)

27 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean.

• Love 20

It's always been curious to me that there has been no background expose' or reveals of Derwood's college days. No friends coming out of the woodwork sharing tales, no pictures of Durmond doing keg stands, etc.  No former girlfriends being at least documented. Remember Jeremeee's soccer hazing pictures? 

It's as though Derick went from invisible low-key vanilla to having a bully pulpit upon marriage to Silly-muffin.  He's delusional. I still raise an eyebrow at the idea of an opiod dependance post-surgery. It would explain a lot. 

• Love 9

Once again, I'll say it all depends on the contracts.  TLC does love to pay by the family or the family entertainment LLC.  That dumps the distribution back onto family corporate entity.  Also Counting On has entered the "option phase" of the contract.  That means when an option period, either year or season depending on the contract, is up either side can try to change things for the next option period.  TLC could then easily just not continue a person or a family group at that time.  

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Catfin said:

It's always been curious to me that there has been no background expose' or reveals of Derwood's college days. No friends coming out of the woodwork sharing tales, no pictures of Durmond doing keg stands, etc.  No former girlfriends being at least documented. Remember Jeremeee's soccer hazing pictures? 

It's as though Derick went from invisible low-key vanilla to having a bully pulpit upon marriage to Silly-muffin.  He's delusional. I still raise an eyebrow at the idea of an opiod dependance post-surgery. It would explain a lot. 

Here’s an oral history. 37 pages. He was in an “accounting fraternity”. Never hesitates to mention that his dead dad was a Pistol Pete. 

• Love 3

I don't find it shocking that Jill is in pants. I'm still convinced that they are different off-camera and that the older kids have evolved quite a bit where they were probably wearing pants at home a while ago. I think this family is very fake in many regards.

I have no doubt that Jill supports Derrick's views so I don't think her situation is comparable to Anna's. Anna was in a shitty, embarrassing situation that was solely of Josh's doing.

• Love 9

The way TLC's statement is worded makes me think that Derick no longer being on the show was at least a mutual decision, if not Derick's entirely. I can see TLC telling him that he can't tweet about people on other TLC shows, Derick insisting that he will, TLC saying, "We can't have you on the show if you continue to insult Jazz," and Derick choosing to insult Jazz over getting those TLC checks. He's an asshole, but the most sincere asshole of the bunch, so I can see that dumbass choosing his shitty beliefs over money. 

27 minutes ago, Catfin said:

I think that's exactly what it is. There was never any there, there, so nothing memorable to report. 

9 hours ago, Janarella said:

To be honest, I have long suspected that the older girls wear pants in their regular life, but keep it on the down-low to preserve the holy Duggar brand. Both Jinger and Joy were photographed wearing gym pants under their skirts even before they got married. Joy has openly said, "I wasn't meant to wear dresses," and Anna quickly cut her off by laughing and teasing, "You were meant to wear skirts." Jill was on the show wearing PJ pants under a long sleep shirt. Jana's now-defunct Pinterest account had cute pants outfits pinned. Jessa has been photographed wearing long board shorts to swim. 

I've thought this for years. Too many random shots of the girls in pants to believe that the family is at all strict about it anymore. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

If the Duggar girls have skirts over their pants, IMO, it doesn't count as wearing pants.

Isn’t that almost on a par with the Zen riddle, “What is the sound of one hand clapping?”

54 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Bye Felicia

Oh, YES! Loved that!

• Love 5
On 10/27/2017 at 1:55 PM, ChiCricket said:

No, tantrums are not cute. But sinful nature in a two year old? Give me a f'ing break.

Good God. Toddlers throw tantrums because they are frustrated at their own limited communication skills. And because they have poor impulse control. How do either of those things translate to SIN? I hate these people. 

• Love 18

I wonder if this is why Bin and Jereme have been quiet lately. Maybe, they've realized that TLC's warning to Dreck could mean serious repercussions to their purse strings as well. Their personal opinions aside, they are smart enough to shut up. ( Or Jessa told Bin to shut up). Even the senior Duggars haven't voiced many controversial opinions lately because- money. Dreck has bitten the hand that fed him and his family. I can't figure out if he's dense, or if he's so self-righteous that he believes all that crap he spews. 

JB's head must be exploding now. He must be in a panic. There are no more daughters old enough to be married, and the show is circling the drain. I hope and pray that the well runs dry on this horrible, hateful family. It couldn't happen soon enough.

• Love 18
14 hours ago, Janarella said:

I agree that TLC is being hypocritical since other Duggar family members undoubtedly hold the same beliefs. However, I also believe that TLC had a special onus to act in Derick's case given that he wasn't just spouting anti-gay/anti-trans propaganda in the hypothetical, but singling out and attacking a minor-aged individual also under TLC contract. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. Yikes! 

Well, to me that makes them even more hypocritical!

"Hey, we know that the whole family believes this stuff and that MOTY has even taken political actions to make sure that people like Jazz can't even go to the bathroom. But we're only offended by it when it's put in such a way that it might possibly affect our bottom line if Jazz's family sued us or something! [as perhaps they've threatened to do? hmmm?]  If it didn't affect our bottom line right here, you could go right ahead and bash transgender people all you wanted! But now we have one of them on our payroll, so now take the beliefs that your clan has had since many years before they were on air and that we've known all about but have successfully managed to whitewash all the time so we could make money and squelch them! For the bottom line's sake! ...." 

The argument that TLC cares about the actual welfare of any kid that they film makes absolutely no sense to me. They've filmed plenty of child neglecters and abusers and clearly haven't given a shit. Until some big news event forces them to pretend that they do. 

Yeah, Der bit the hand that fed him. And I certainly don't agree with what he says. However, he believes it. And to shut up about it for a TeeVee paycheck would just make him a hypocrite in addition to a bigot, in my opinion. 

• Love 18
31 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

There's nothing new in this article, but the picture of Josh and Derick is an interesting choice.

http://starcasm.net/archives/379133

“Derick joins disgraced brother-in-law Josh Duggar on the sidelines of the Duggar family’s reality show empire, and joins a growing list of disgraced TLC reality stars that includes Here Comes Honey Boo Boomatriarch Mama June Shannon and The Willis Familypatriarch Toby Willis.”

Didn’t June Shannon get another tv show on TLC?

• Love 3

I think you forgot about Jana she is way above the fundy marring age.

2 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

“Derick joins disgraced brother-in-law Josh Duggar on the sidelines of the Duggar family’s reality show empire, and joins a growing list of disgraced TLC reality stars that includes Here Comes Honey Boo Boomatriarch Mama June Shannon and The Willis Familypatriarch Toby Willis.”

Didn’t June Shannon get another tv show on TLC?

Her show was called From not to hot.

• Love 2

I agree, that  the TLC wording is a bit cryptic -- "Derrick has not participated in Counting On for months". I wonder if Derrick dug his heels in over his warped opinions and wanted to bring the point home to evil misguided TLC  by not showing up to play. If that's the case, I'll be surprised if Jill challenges her headship and continues to participate.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

Here’s an oral history. 37 pages. He was in an “accounting fraternity”. Never hesitates to mention that his dead dad was a Pistol Pete. 

Yep, this we've seen. I'm talking about dirt-dirt from a former roommate or fraternity guy.  Things like he couldn't get a date or poured orange juice on his cereal instead of milk. 

• Love 3

I'm a little worried, though. They just said they wouldn't "feature" Derrick on TLC. When Josh was fired, they took a hard line and said he would never appear on TLC programming again. It makes me worry that maybe Derrick won't have a talking head or major storyline, but he may be along for the ride in group settings, and might be weaseled back in there in a couple of seasons. He could even be featured in a flashback episode about the weddings, etc. I wonder if TLC is just waiting for this to blow over. Ugh, I hope not!

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Her show was called From not to hot.

Mama June's second show wasn't on TLC.  It was on a different network, WE I think.

I noticed the won't "feature" Derick wording also.  I think it means they can show Jill doing things and doing talking heads and if Derick happens to be caught in the frame with Jill and the kids they'll let it through.  

• Love 11

Steal your Dollar City is about 90 minutes from them, so it’s possible they drove there. I’m north of Branson and can get to NWA in less than 2 hours.

im also guessing that they buy season passes. A one year pass is same price as about two trips and if it go a lot, it’s worth it. Yes, my family has passes. We aren’t religious at all, but they go all out with Christmas lights and my littles LOVE it

As for Jill in pants - I’m thinking that the family being part of a “normal” church with pants loving Christian maybe sorta opened her eyes? Or maybe she didn’t want to be different?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, bythelake said:

I wonder if this is why Bin and Jereme have been quiet lately. Maybe, they've realized that TLC's warning to Dreck could mean serious repercussions to their purse strings as well. Their personal opinions aside, they are smart enough to shut up. ( Or Jessa told Bin to shut up). Even the senior Duggars haven't voiced many controversial opinions lately because- money. Dreck has bitten the hand that fed him and his family. I can't figure out if he's dense, or if he's so self-righteous that he believes all that crap he spews. 

JB's head must be exploding now. He must be in a panic. There are no more daughters old enough to be married, and the show is circling the drain. I hope and pray that the well runs dry on this horrible, hateful family. It couldn't happen soon enough.

I'm on my tablet and I can't bold circling the drain.  This makes me think of the movie/book It.

All I can picture is the voices from the the drain and Pennywise The TLC Clown grabbing Boob's neck to pull him down with the rest of the TLC rejects.

If wishing made it so.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Shame on the Jennings for having an agenda! Says the family of "Josie Duggar, miracle baby", ISRAEL Dillard and SPURGEON Seawald (Don't forget to donate)!

Matthew 23:27New International Version (NIV)

27 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean.

The whole show was their "ministry".  They used to say on 19K&C all the time during the early years! They were to teach America how much "fun" a big family is and how they should dump their evil birth control/family planning! And that was justfied being on tv, because it was a ministry. His in-laws always had an agenda. Maybe Derick thought he was to be part of their great ministry too! But since Joshgate things have changed. 

Bad mouthing a former employer doesn't necessarily look good to a future employer.  Yes right now you want to preach to similarly-minded people, but if that doesn't pan out you might want to have a fallback option as my older relatives would tell anyone who wanted to be an author, actress, singer, etc. Seriously all this preaching/ministry, reminds me of people trying to be actors, etc. (A relatively high number of people looking at finite # of jobs.) Derick is to the ministry what Amy is to country music. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, to me that makes them even more hypocritical!

"Hey, we know that the whole family believes this stuff and that MOTY has even taken political actions to make sure that people like Jazz can't even go to the bathroom. But we're only offended by it when it's put in such a way that it might possibly affect our bottom line if Jazz's family sued us or something! [as perhaps they've threatened to do? hmmm?]  If it didn't affect our bottom line right here, you could go right ahead and bash transgender people all you wanted! But now we have one of them on our payroll, so now take the beliefs that your clan has had since many years before they were on air and that we've known all about but have successfully managed to whitewash all the time so we could make money and squelch them! For the bottom line's sake! ...." 

The argument that TLC cares about the actual welfare of any kid that they film makes absolutely no sense to me. They've filmed plenty of child neglecters and abusers and clearly haven't given a shit. Until some big news event forces them to pretend that they do. 

Yeah, Der bit the hand that fed him. And I certainly don't agree with what he says. However, he believes it. And to shut up about it for a TeeVee paycheck would just make him a hypocrite in addition to a bigot, in my opinion. 

Yes, they are hypocrites and were hypocrites long before Derick came along. They hid the whole Josh scandal because they knew it would lead to their fledgling tv show being cancelled. They sold their souls and beliefs for the almighty dollar, not for the Almighty.  Derick may truly believe what he says, and if so, he's going to stand alone in his crusade. But his beliefs are not appealing because they are judgmental and intolerant towards those who are unlike him, and those who don't worship the correct God . To me, this makes him a hypocrite because he fails to understand that Jesus was kind and loving to all.

The others will toe the line because of the money. What else are they going to do? None of them( maybe Jereme?) has any marketable skills other than being on teevee, and when that dries up where do they go? I even wonder how " holy" this family was before the show. JB and Michele had love offerings, and a free house from the church, and yet JB squandered money on a failed political campaign. They were the original grifters. To me, this whole religious thing is an act. JB had 19 kids because he's a horny bastard not because he's so God-like. He's a fraud who found a gimmick to promote his family as wholesome and religious, and he will continue this charade as long as the money comes in.

• Love 13

I think Derick & TLC might be a chicken & egg scenario. Jerick's absence from the reunion show leads me to believe TLC was already soured on the Dullard's. It's possible Der's crazy twitter rants were as much a dig at TLC as at Jazz, as in 'TLC will feature a non-reality trans teen but they won't feature godly me and my oh so important, life altering missionary work'.  Maybe Der even demanded TLC foot the bill for his Cross education as a condition to feature the Dullards & TLC told him to pound sand. I don't know...just some possible theories. In any case, way to thoroughly burn bridges you  picasso faced butthead.

• Love 13

Kind of an empty threat TLC.  Even pixelated Josh and Derelict will reap the rewards of the show through their wives and the freebies from the family. TLC knows the entire Boob population is ultra fundy, so chipping away at the obvious miasma on these potatoes isn't fixing anything...they are still potatoes. 

• Love 12