Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

A couple of comments on the family pics and then I will punch my first ever ticket for the hand basket to hell.

In the second picture (the first picture with all four of them), look at Jill's legs. Her right leg appears normal, but her left leg looks like a man's leg. I realize her left leg is slightly bent but the knee and calf look strange.

In the picture where Muffy is kissing Sam's cheek, check out her nail polish. Jill is frumpy, unkempt and married to a real ass - what a life.

• Love 13

Legit can't tell if that's a skirt under a shorter dress, or a whole dress, or perhaps a modesty panel added to the bottom of a minidress. Jill would look nice with bangs. I'm probably the only one who liked her original mustard cardigan, but not this one.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 4

Samuel has a very different look from his parents and brother. Both Jill and Derick has fairly long chins and narrow faces and Izzy looks like he inherited those traits, making him look quite a bit older than he actually is, but Sammy has a tiny little chin with pudgy cheeks. Different but cute.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, whydoiwatch said:

A couple of comments on the family pics and then I will punch my first ever ticket for the hand basket to hell.

In the second picture (the first picture with all four of them), look at Jill's legs. Her right leg appears normal, but her left leg looks like a man's leg. I realize her left leg is slightly bent but the knee and calf look strange.

In the picture where Muffy is kissing Sam's cheek, check out her nail polish. Jill is frumpy, unkempt and married to a real ass - what a life.

First, let me say that I think they're nice photos. That's about as good as I've ever seen the Dullards look. The kids look clean and healthy and happy.

Jill looks as good as she's ever going to look. I have to admit that I was impressed by her clean face and combed hair, what appeared to be a new, not-stretched-out sweater, and a slightly shorter skirt. That said, you're right WhyDoIWatch, the nails are ridiculous. They were planning to do family photos with a professional photographer, why couldn't Jill spend 10 minutes putting on nail polish -- or 5 minutes taking off ratty nail polish? They are all just so damn lazy that it boggles my mind.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

They were planning to do family photos with a professional photographer, why couldn't Jill spend 10 minutes putting on nail polish -- or 5 minutes taking off ratty nail polish? They are all just so damn lazy that it boggles my mind.

I get she’s probably not adept at applying nail  polish, but it’s not like one of her gazillion sisters couldn’t have helped.  She’s a hot mess married to a total slob and lazy slug.

• Love 3

To me the boys look quite different from one another. Israel looks like Derek, and Samuel has his own look!   Rounder face than any of them.  

Reading about or looking at pictures of dickhead make me stabby.  

• Love 5

That enormous blue shirt with that gold sweater is not flattering at all.  The shot of her straight on makes her look very pregnant.  

It's obvious that her sisters did not help her pick out her clothes at all.  She always looks frumpy. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I get she’s probably not adept at applying nail  polish, but it’s not like one of her gazillion sisters couldn’t have helped.  She’s a hot mess married to a total slob and lazy slug.

Derick managed to paint her toes, maybe he could paint her finger nails?  

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The less said about the parents, the better.

They are on the U of A campus. 

So a campus is good enough as a background for pictures but actually attending university is evil ?

• Love 15
15 hours ago, TaxNerd said:

Pumpkin sweater!!!!!!

Ugly sweater 3.0.

Nothing Jill has on goes together.

Derick always looks stoned in every picture.

Izzy looks like Grandma Cathy.

Sammy looks like a Duggar with his round head.

• Love 6

It seems to me that Jill's smile doesn't quite reach her eyes. There is something absent in them that is a little sad. Like a person trying too hard to be happy and it's just not working. I suppose I remember those days too well and recognize that little something missing. It is that look you get when ordinary simple things that used to bring you pleasure as a couple just won't work anymore. But you fake it anyways because you are just not ready to accept the issues.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

First, let me say that I think they're nice photos. That's about as good as I've ever seen the Dullards look. The kids look clean and healthy and happy.

Jill looks as good as she's ever going to look. I have to admit that I was impressed by her clean face and combed hair, what appeared to be a new, not-stretched-out sweater, and a slightly shorter skirt. That said, you're right WhyDoIWatch, the nails are ridiculous. They were planning to do family photos with a professional photographer, why couldn't Jill spend 10 minutes putting on nail polish -- or 5 minutes taking off ratty nail polish? They are all just so damn lazy that it boggles my mind.

Goes to show how low our expectations for those people are.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, lianau said:

So a campus is good enough as a background for pictures but actually attending university is evil ?

Hey, pretty much the whole dang family wears U of Arkansas sweatshirts now. Even JB and M -- leaders of the "only good education is Duggar Academy!" brigade and still ostentatiously refusing to educate their remaining eight (plus the child they "guard") elementary- and high school-age kids-- seem to pretty regularly attend football games there.

And if they can do that without irony, the Duggar adjacents who actually have college degrees might be able to claim the right to call themselves university trustees or something. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Punkadoo said:

It seems to me that Jill's smile doesn't quite reach her eyes. There is something absent in them that is a little sad. Like a person trying too hard to be happy and it's just not working. I suppose I remember those days too well and recognize that little something missing. It is that look you get when ordinary simple things that used to bring you pleasure as a couple just won't work anymore. But you fake it anyways because you are just not ready to accept the issues.

As a couple? In this instance, as an individual. She has no idea what makes her happy. She's been told what and how to feel all her life.   Anhedonia. 

• Love 11

Ok Here's my advise to the Dickweeds.  Derick, get yourself another orthodontist. Your top two front teeth have shifted so far to the right that your incisors are becoming your front teeth.  Jill, take yourself over to the Bates girls and have them give you a lesson in fashion. You must dress in the dark because nothing matches. And, please stop with the kissing pictures. In Joy's wedding picture you are the only two kissing, so it obviously was your own idea, otherwise your idiot parents and the other immature marrieds would have done it as well. You're trying too hard to prove how much in love you are.

Izzy and Sammy are cute and Izzy looks a little happier than usual. Good to see.

• Love 18

I think Jill likes the chipped nail polish look.  I don't know why, but she made a point of showing her hand (with her wedding ring!) in one of the photos.  She's really a hot mess fashion-wise.  

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, PinkyCupcake said:

Goes to show how low our expectations for those people are.

You're right, and for Jill the personal appearance bar is super-low. 

We all own clothes that should probably be tossed, but that we love and can't bear to lose, but we don't take 100 photos of ourselves in those clothes, and we don't wear them to weddings Jill, though, has only two metrics when she gets dressed -- "is it modest" and "is it cheap." Other parameters like "is it clean," "does it fit," and "does it go together," don't fit into the equation at all.

ChurchHoney wrote a great post over in the Benessa thread about her limited frame of reference, and that applies here as well. Jill grew up bathing once a week, sleeping in her clothes, and sharing all of her clothes with her sisters. She had no friends at school or church whose style she admired. She never went shopping at a store filled with mannequins modeling outfits. She's never flipped through a fashion magazine at the dentist's office, or watched a television show which might give her some perspective about what other people wear.

Maybe seeing Jinger in new, flattering clothes has given her some encouragement to go out and buy something new that fits. She has nowhere to go but up, and I'm willing to give her a pat on the back for "not slovenly" and I hope she'll get enough positive reinforcement to keep moving in that general direction.

• Love 18
35 minutes ago, bythelake said:

Ok Here's my advise to the Dickweeds.  Derick, get yourself another orthodontist. Your top two front teeth have shifted so far to the right that your incisors are becoming your front teeth.  Jill, take yourself over to the Bates girls and have them give you a lesson in fashion. You must dress in the dark because nothing matches. And, please stop with the kissing pictures. In Joy's wedding picture you are the only two kissing, so it obviously was your own idea, otherwise your idiot parents and the other immature marrieds would have done it as well. You're trying too hard to prove how much in love you are.

Izzy and Sammy are cute and Izzy looks a little happier than usual. Good to see.

Hmmm... I do not blame Derick's orthodontist for the way his teeth and jaw looks. I bet dollars to donuts he is not taking care of his braces and following the orthodontist advice when it comes the care, cleaning and visits especially after seeing pictures of what he eats and his lack of personal hygiene habits. I was diagnosed with periodontal disease in August and was told how to do the home care in order to keep it under control. In otherwords, I have to do my part and the dental hygienist have to do her part. If Derick spent the time he uses to shove his bigot, hypocritical, religious rants on Twitter and other social media pages on his personal dental care and hygiene habits, he would not be facing the dental problems he has now.

Edited by bigskygirl

Sammy does look like one of the older Duggars.  Jessa, maybe?  That picture of Izzy by himself on the bench is adorable.

The orange sweater either represents fall or Oklahoma U.  I'm guessing fall because it would be kind of weird to wear one college's color when you're posing in front of a different college.  I think taking pictures around a college is actually a cool idea although Muffy probably said,"What's a college?"

Why on earth is she wearing clunky sneakers for these pictures?  Even Jessa's ubiquitous sandals would have been a better choice.

I want to know if Derick ever got laid in college.  Not my business but still curious.  We'd have to trust his word because no self-respecting female is going to admit to it.

Edited by Angeltoes
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, bythelake said:

Hell, Jill, go to JINGER or Jana for fashion lessons.

• Love 4

I like Jill's shoes. They look practical for walking around.  I'm glad she's able to wear something that's not flip-flops or sandals since that's all they wore growing up. 

I wonder if she thought pairing two neutrals with the mustard sweater would work.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Blow

What’s with the gloves? 

23 hours ago, Lunera said:

They look so freaking old but more put more together than I've ever seen them. I'm surprised her skirt is above the knee, wonder if the photographer chose their outfits. I'm hoping for Jill's sanity she is done with these 2 boys, she seems to be taking a long time to recover from her 2nd botched birth. Is a bump normal after 4 months?

Sha la la la!

7 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

What’s with the gloves? 

A lot of marching bands have the members wear gloves.  We wore white ones when I was in band.  Just makes the look more uniform.  And, depending on the weather, the instruments can be slippery, making them hard to hold while moving.

• Love 5

Maybe they needed gloves because it was cold, or just part of the uniform. I really hope Derelict had the oral surgery for medical, not aesthetic reasons. Because if it was the latter, to be TV ready, it seriously backfired. At least they look like they bathed for the pictures. Why do they always look in need of a proper scrubbing?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

What’s with the gloves? 

Lots of marching bands here wear them. I think it's partly to make the uniforms look a little sharper and partly because they tend to play mostly -- and longest -- for football. So they're outdoors for long periods in late fall and winter, with rain and so on. You play a lot better with warm dry hands, and in some of that weather you won't have those without wearing gloves. 

Edited by Churchhoney
day late, dollar short as usual
  • Love 4

Looked at their instagrams for the first time in a while and I'll say it -- they look good. They look older and more tired than any 26 or 28 yr old I know (who isn't an investment banker, young lawyer or young doctor working 24-7). But being back in Arkansas suits her and being back on a college campus -- even with a nothing ministry/made up job -- suits him. He's gained some of the much needed weight back and kind of looks like he did when he proposed to her. It's got to be far less stressful on him too being back in Arkansas bc now he has to worry less about a wife who may lose it at any moment bc she's far from her family and is rattled by a loud noise or different food in the grocery store or whatever. Now if she starts to get weepy, all he has to do is say -- let's call Jana and ask her to bring James and Hannie -- and boom the instant Duggar cure arrives for his wife and he can step aside.

Wasted potential is all I see in that one. He's a college grad with an accounting degree who bought into Duggar laziness. Even now -- he's not even 30 and it isn't too late. Frankly he doesn't even need to knock it out of the park with a big corporate job. He could pick up a regular office job -- maybe even at University of Arkansas since universities are big, bureaucratic and have a million administrative departments. He could easily make mid 5 figures with full good benefits plus eventual tuition benefits for his sons -- just in case he finds his balls in the next 2 decades and tells Jill that every member of his family went to college, so his kids are going to college. And those kinds of jobs aren't super challenging -- 9 to 5 at most with plenty of vacation time for mission vacations. And who knows this time around, Jill may allow it bc she's too busy at home with 2 kids to be driving to lunch with him daily (or frankly on a college campus -- she COULD bring the kids to play/wander the campus daily and he could run out and meet her on lunches and breaks and it'd be less weird since this isn't corporate America) and/or she may realize -- well I don't want my man working 40 hrs a week but if the choice is 40 hrs/wk 10 miles down the road OR being a wanderer who wants to go back to go back to Central America every 6 months and make me live in that misery -- well maybe it's better that I let him be chained to a cubicle bc it'll keep me in my hometown . . . .

• Love 14

Sadly the Duggar vortex has swallowed Derick whole and rewired his brain. Your scenario is just perfect, but Jill must be with him 24/7. That is all she knows thanks to the shitty parenting of Boob and  Mullet.

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, SMama said:

Sadly the Duggar vortex has swallowed Derick whole and rewired his brain. Your scenario is just perfect, but Jill must be with him 24/7. That is all she knows thanks to the shitty parenting of Boob and  Mullet.

Get him a job in the registrars office/financial aid office/health system billing department or somewhere on that campus and get her a job in the university daycare/preschool (which every large university has) or as a nanny for a professor living on campus; enroll her 2 kids in said daycare/preschool and boom the whole family is on campus every day together and can meet up on lunches and breaks, commute to and from work/school together etc. But alas it's easier to sit at home and have donations and TLC checks rolling in with your days broken up by some "ministry" or some outrage at some ill that is happening in this nation bc people have lost religion . . . .

What has happened to Derick's brain? He's not that many yrs out of college (about 5 yrs)? He must have his private moments where he thinks back to some all nighter that he pulled and scored the A; or some group project that they worked on 24-7 and did really well on; or some internship or job (Walmart accounting maybe?) that he scored that he really really wanted at the time?? Doesn't he miss having SOME sense of hard work/accomplishment/fulfillment? Can he really say he's getting that from fake missions and twitter? Aren't those memories even more prominent now as his current "job" (don't know if it's real or made up) seems to have him around UofA students -- so he's surely hearing them talk about exams and on campus interviews and dream jobs and where they hope to be when they're 25?? How can he not think a little about what might have been?

Edited by cereality
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, cereality said:

Doesn't he miss having SOME sense of hard work/accomplishment/fulfillment? Can he really say he's getting that from fake missions and twitter?

I don’t really know what’s wrong with work-averse, grubby little Hippie-for-Jesus. Hard work and oroviding for your family are one of many tenets of the Christian faith.  How can Jim Boob abide this? They would be the first to rail against welfare recipients, so why do they tolerate/encourage this behavior in Derick? 

The only thing I can think of is that since The Barnacle Jilly Muffin is Boob’s favorite child, her husband can do no wrong, either.  Boob has to know his daughter is a Clinger and can’t seem to function unless she’s suctioned on to Derick like the pathetic limpet she is. So, I guess Boob gives them enough to make sure Muffy is never separated from Scruffy. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I think Jill likes the chipped nail polish look.  I don't know why, but she made a point of showing her hand (with her wedding ring!) in one of the photos.  She's really a hot mess fashion-wise.  

Haha! Makes me imagine a scenario like, "Oh, dang, that  photoshoot was today?? Wait a second. My nail polish isn't chipped enough yet!"

• Love 5
On 11/3/2017 at 9:37 PM, whydoiwatch said:

There is a book titled Raggedly Ann and Andy and the Camel with the Wrinkled Knees. The Dillard Family Photo reminds me of this book.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, awaken said:

@cereality, right on  with all of your comments. Wasted potential sums it all up! 

Well, he married into the right family then.  ;  )

9 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Haha! Makes me imagine a scenario like, "Oh, dang, that  photoshoot was today?? Wait a second. My nail polish isn't chipped enough yet!"

And there aren't nearly enough dirty diapers piled up on the guest-room dresser! .... Guessing it must be a genetic thing. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1

I thought Zach called his wife every night or almost every night when he was at the police academy crying. I could just imagine the impression he made with his fellow trainees and instructors. Glad I do not live in the area where he is a law enforcement officer. I would rather take my chances with the criminals.

Back to the Duggars...Yes they are a bunch of lazy, obnoxious, know it all, hypocritical bigots who are riding on the fact they are a big family who does things different, but in reality they are nothing special except in their own pathetic minds. What will happen when their five minutes of fame ends and the money train comes to a complete halt.