Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't think STEP was around when Jana was a teenager. JTTH is only 10 years old, so most of Jana's experiences there were as a young adult (and it's only like 10 days,not four weeks). Part of that 10 days was a one on one with Gothard. I wonder what they do now, meet with the puppet leader installed by Gil Bates and Dr. Paine?

I didn't know this. JTTH is creepier than I thought.

• Love 1

Waller is head of ATI, which doesn't have anything to do with ALERT, other than both being under the IBLP umbrella. I guess since SOS kicked them to the curb and the Southern Baptists declined their petition to minister for a second time, they've decided to retreat back to the safety net of Jill's cult. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

I want Derick to go through the ALERT program. I would absolutely watch that as a show.

Nope. I've seen Derick do his interpretive dance thing. There is NO WAY I want to see him stumble through ALERT... ThankYouVeryMuch ...

• Love 1

George Takei has picked up the controversy and is linking to this on his Facebook:  http://www.inquisitr.com/4420695/duggar-family-news-derick-dillard-refuses-to-apologize-for-anti-trans-tweet-says-gods-word-is-perfect/?utm_content=inf_10_3140_2&source=se&utm_source=se&utm_campaign=se&utm_medium=fb&tse_id=INF_89867aa0812e11e78e9a51f45cf929b7

Sorry for the long link. We shall see if this leads to anything.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think they went locally for the first responder training. Remember, Jill and JD also took whatever courses required to be certified.

Jill probably took the same classes with JD because the girls were allowed to get training and be a first responder (yes, I was able to type the words without laughing or rolling my eyes too hard) and they went with him on calls in case some heathen hussy tempted JD with her evil ways. I cannot imagine having your sister come with you on emergency calls because your nitwit parents cannot trust you to behave yourself. Talk about klassy with a capital K.

How are the fundies, who mostly have a limited income, able to send their kids to the Alert programs? The EMT & fire fighter programs fees were listed as $3,500 & $ 5,100. For the Duggars that's no problem but what about the rest? I think someone mentioned scholarships before but still....

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

At least it was a boy, isn't a girl like double that? 

4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Yep, it's 80 days based on Gothard's warped interpretation of the Old Testament.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2014/02/the-duggars-and-bill-gothards-sex-regulations.html

So if a girl is born, no sex for 80 days?  What, another way to value girls less?  Perfect for a foot fetishing weirdo to preach to his flock.

Is there no end to this bullshit?  It seems not.  The more I read, the more I'm dumbfounded.  How does a woman teach her daughters that they are less than their brothers?  Unthinkable.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Barb23 said:

How are the fundies, who mostly have a limited income, able to send their kids to the Alert programs? The EMT & fire fighter programs fees were listed as $3,500 & $ 5,100. For the Duggars that's no problem but what about the rest? I think someone mentioned scholarships before but still....

Beats the hell out of me. I've always wondered how dirt poor families likes the Bateseses and the Kellers managed to send their kids on all those mission trips. That had to be at least 2k minimum. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

So if a girl is born, no sex for 80 days?  What, another way to value girls less?  Perfect for a foot fetishing weirdo to preach to his flock.

Is there no end to this bullshit?  It seems not.  The more I read, the more I'm dumbfounded.  How does a woman teach her daughters that they are less than their brothers?  Unthinkable.

I read here somewhere that the 80 day no-sex rule is supposed to protect females.  Since their fathers are naturally upset over getting just a girl baby, and not a coveted boy baby, this keeps him from trying for a boy too soon after a girl is born. Still just as crazy though, right?

• Love 4
Just now, louannems said:

I read here somewhere that the 80 day no-sex rule is supposed to protect females.  Since their fathers are naturally upset over getting just a girl baby, and not a coveted boy baby, this keeps him from trying for a boy too soon after a girl is born. Still just as crazy though, right?

You're using logic. That's your first mistake dealing with the lunatic fringe.  ?

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, louannems said:

Wait, then I'm confused.

The waiting period is supposed to protect females ... as in, the girl baby? So she doesn't have competition from a more coveted younger brother? That's awful, considering that means either were assuming that 40 extra days is either enough to age her from being the outcast (because being 11 months older that a younger brother is that much better than being 10 months older?) or that the 40 extra days is long enough for dad to learn to love a daughter to the point where he feels like he's not compelled to try for a son.

But if it's to protect a woman from getting pregnant again too soon after the birth of a girl (because dad is upset it was a girl so he has to try again asap for a boy) ... why only 40 day abstinence for a boy? Are we to presume that dad is going to be so preoccupied with his son that he'll be uninterested in sex even after the 40 waiting period? Because if birth control isn't a thing for them and they have a boy and thus can resume sex after 40 days ... mom could theoretically get pregnant again after a boy sooner than if she had had a girl. These differing, rather arbitrary numbers protect mom how?

The whole idea is dumb to me. I have no kids, but I imagine I'd follow doctor recommendations on abstinence just to let my body physically recover (but then birth control is a thing in my world so I wouldn't be looking to get pregnant right away again anyway) before resuming physical intimacy with my partner. 

• Love 3

I think the 80 day rule is so more sperm will have been 'saved up'  providing more opportunity for a male to be created during the next fertile cycle. Many of the rules in The Old Testament have to do with health issues. Somehow  people figured out fertility enhancements even then.  

• Love 1

I always thought it was because they believed the woman "unclean" after giving birth to a super sinner female. 

Anyways, Derelict is back in "school." I guess he and Jill will be writing more "term papers" this semester at Cross Church College? Sounds like glorified bible study. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I always thought it was because they believed the woman "unclean" after giving birth to a super sinner female. 

Yes, I'm almost positive that was the Old Testament "logic." A woman is unclean after childbirth, and she's extra unclean after giving birth to another woman.

Edited by Portia
  • Love 6
On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 3:21 PM, Portia said:

I'm unfamiliar with any Lutheran restrictions on scouting; perhaps that was in a different branch of the church than the one I was raised in. I was Missouri Synod Lutheran, and I am as sure as I can be that my very devout father would not have let me be a Brownie in the early 1970s if that were against church teachings.  Would be curious to hear more from @fonfereksglen on the matter.

Yep, Missouri Synod Lutheran Brownie here in the 50s but they changed it to something run by the synod after a year. I think we were daisy girls or something like that. So there was a Lutheran version for whatever reason. Just read the oath taking comment and I do remember something about that so maybe that's why we changed.

and nope Lutherans are defiantly not Catholic light. In fact they are quite the opposite and would fall in line with Duggar thinking that Catholics aren't saved. At least way back when I was a kid...

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 3:12 PM, Westiepeach said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that Lutheran was "Catholic-lite."

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

Yep, Missouri Synod Lutheran Brownie here in the 50s but they changed it to something run by the synod after a year. I think we were daisy girls or something like that. So there was a Lutheran version for whatever reason. Just read the oath taking comment and I do remember something about that so maybe that's why we changed.

and nope Lutherans are defiantly not Catholic light. In fact they are quite the opposite and would fall in line with Duggar thinking that Catholics aren't saved. At least way back when I was a kid...

There was a Lutheran version of Scouts.  

Additionally,  men were not allowed to join Lodges or Fraternal Orders because of the Oaths.  This was why my brother stopping going to church.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, louannems said:

In the photo of Isreal and Derick at Cross Church:. So much Super Sinner female flesh!  I wonder what Jill really thinks about that!

She must not seem to mind much. She's either a recruiter or a new member of C3's "sorority." Looks like they're swamped with takers.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

I'd die if if it was the culturally known phrase. ?

Back to this C3 thing...no way the Dullards are getting paid for this. As ND what does Jill know about sororities?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

Regarding this post:

There was a Lutheran version of Scouts.  

Additionally,  men were not allowed to join Lodges or Fraternal Orders because of the Oaths.  This was why my brother stopping going to church.  

Wow, I must have been raised in an entirely different Lutheran church.  My church was a sponsor of the boy scouts and would give special recognition at church services to those who had obtained the rank of eagle scout. I was a camp fire girl and my sunday school friend Debbie was a girl scout. My dad was an Elk, and my mother, a former Catholic, became a Lutheran when she married my dad.

Maybe California Lutherans are more laid back.....

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Anyways, Derelict is back in "school." I guess he and Jill will be writing more "term papers" this semester at Cross Church College? Sounds like glorified bible study. 

How accommodating to people with 9-5 jobs. Go get one Derick. 

• Love 17
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Wait, hold on. GOD GOES THERE? You'd think they would put more emphasis on that in their advertising.

• Love 23

It appears Triple D is "working" for Cross Church college program. Whether this is a real job or what, who knows. The women in Jilly Muffins sorority picture are on the Cross Church website as part of the college program staff. Supposedly Triple D is a "leader" in this program- there is Facebook postings for this program where he is shown.

Edited by ozziemom
Silly autocorrect not noticed
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, louannems said:

Does anyone know what this C3 sorority thing is?

C3 seems to be some kind of program aimed at college-aged kids at Cross Church. Derelict is also participating in some way per the tweet I linked here last night. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, louannems said:

Does anyone know what this C3 sorority thing is?

C3 seems to be some kind of program aimed at college-aged kids at Cross Church. Derelict is also participating in some way per the tweet I linked here last night. 

I grabbed this from the FB page. Define Freshman. College kids? Church newbies? 

Screenshot_2017-08-16-11-24-17.png

I thought Jill was so hacked up after this second C-section. How is it that she's out there "working" with a sorority? Too bad she wasn't allowed to join one OR attend any school. Why would Derelict be working with young college WOMEN? Who's minding Samuel? I am full of questions here, as you can tell.

I think Episcopalian is "Catholic Lite" from what I have heard.

• Love 4