Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I have to say I'm horrible at reading "vibes" like that, and as someone who's always had people speculate about their sex life/sexual orientation I hate to do that to others, but I agree with you. I see Derrick as a guy with a naturally low libido, combine that with the "man's word is law" mentality, stage 5 clinger Jill, and Iz's birth before their first anniversary I see their relationship as far more "cool blooded" than Jill would want. 

I don't think you actually can read such vibes unless you're in the room with the person and there are a selection of people nearby for that person to respond to physically/chemically or not. Then I think you can usually read them fairly well after a period of observing. But I honestly think that no such vibes are truly readable otherwise. It's too easy to get misled by qualities that seem to relate to sexualities of various kinds, such as nerdiness or "effeminacy" or whatever. But actually may not actually betoken the kind of sexuality we stereotype them with at all. Other traits do seem readable from physical body language you can see in films or photos or whatever. But I've found that I and everybody else I talk with has gotten the sexuality way wrong from at-a-distance viewing, pretty frequently. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

I would have never guessed that Jill and Derick were at a WEDDING dressed like they were in that awful photo. DDD was wearing thong sandals and had his shirt hanging out; Jill's dress was stretched way out of shape and was that cheap flimsy fabric. Why was poor Israel in a long sleeved dress shirt, long pants and a vest? J & D looked like slobs. No excuse for Jill to not have worn a properly fitting dress of appropriate fabric. This has nothing to do with just having had a baby. She also needs a bra of steel...boy, that girl is LARGE.

• Love 11

Regarding Derick's sex drive, in DA, he had a pallet with blanket and pillow made up in the hallway!  You could see through to the bedroom and the unmade bed.  Derick definitely was sleeping on the floor, not with Jill.  Maybe for birth control reasons.  Who knows?

• Love 5

I agree that there was very little sexytimes going on in Danger America. Tracking back, she got knocked up either right before they left, or in the States. Derelict seems to have no problem getting it up in the States. 

God bless America. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

Well, thank go they weren't trans! Now call out the white people breeding program called quiverful, DDD. I dare ya.

I agree that there was very little sexytimes going on in Danger America.

Remember when Jill mentioned they had separate bedrooms? There were married around a year at that point. It's sad. Plus no roal sex or masturbation. No woder Derick is uptight about the gender/sexuaility of happy people.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Didn't someone say that Derick and Jill showed the most PDA of all the couples?

I think that when they said that, they were mostly referring to things like holding hands, which I don't think Derick would have any choice in with his stage five clinger wife (giggles). I bet she has a constant death grip on him at all times when they venture outside the house into the big, bad world. I also think Derrick liked the attention he got when courting, and wants to be the "cutest" couple out in public with all the attention. I had a boyfriend like that one time, who wanted to hold my hand 100% of the time and do "cutesy" things like loudly proclaim his love and kiss my cheek, or put his arm around me alllllllll the time (even at a wedding where I had to lean over and was suuuuper uncomfortable), but was a virgin waiting til marriage. Annnnnd...I don't think he would have been raring to go after marriage either. It was weird. He was very cuddly / touchy feely because he loved the attention of people thinking that he was in the most swoon-worthy romance, but was not like that in private. I read Derrick the same way. I could be wrong, of course, and I hope for Jill's sake that I am. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I think that when they said that, they were mostly referring to things like holding hands, which I don't think Derick would have any choice in with his stage five clinger wife (giggles). I bet she has a constant death grip on him at all times when they venture outside the house into the big, bad world. I also think Derrick liked the attention he got when courting, and wants to be the "cutest" couple out in public with all the attention. I had a boyfriend like that one time, who wanted to hold my hand 100% of the time and do "cutesy" things like loudly proclaim his love and kiss my cheek, or put his arm around me alllllllll the time (even at a wedding where I had to lean over and was suuuuper uncomfortable), but was a virgin waiting til marriage. Annnnnd...I don't think he would have been raring to go after marriage either. It was weird. He was very cuddly / touchy feely because he attention (and for people to think he was part of the bestest romance ever), but was not like that in private. I read Derrick the same way. I could be wrong, of course, and I hope for Jill's sake that I am. 

Someone can be very affectionate and not have a high libido. I'm someone that's not very affectionate (I often get "cold"), but do enjoy sex with a partner. It's more socially acceptable even in mainstream America for a woman to have a lower libido but relish in physical affection than a man. I do think Derrick LIKES Jill, I don't think he's repulsed by her or anything of that sort, I just think he doesn't put as much stock in having a charged sex life. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Didn't someone say that Derick and Jill showed the most PDA of all the couples?

1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I think that when they said that, they were mostly referring to things like holding hands, which I don't think Derick would have any choice in with his stage five clinger wife (giggles). I bet she has a constant death grip on him at all times when they venture outside the house into the big, bad world. I also think Derrick liked the attention he got when courting, and wants to be the "cutest" couple out in public with all the attention. I had a boyfriend like that one time, who wanted to hold my hand 100% of the time and do "cutesy" things like loudly proclaim his love and kiss my cheek, or put his arm around me alllllllll the time (even at a wedding where I had to lean over and was suuuuper uncomfortable), but was a virgin waiting til marriage. Annnnnd...I don't think he would have been raring to go after marriage either. It was weird. He was very cuddly / touchy feely because he loved the attention of people thinking that he was in the most swoon-worthy romance, but was not like that in private. I read Derrick the same way. I could be wrong, of course, and I hope for Jill's sake that I am. 

I could see Jill showing PDA to Derick, more so than Derick to Jill.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Someone can be very affectionate and not have a high libido. I'm someone that's not very affectionate (I often get "cold"), but do enjoy sex with a partner. It's more socially acceptable even in mainstream America for a woman to have a lower libido but relish in physical affection than a man. I do think Derrick LIKES Jill, I don't think he's repulsed by her or anything of that sort, I just think he doesn't put as much stock in having a charged sex life. 

I think you are 100% spot on right there. 

• Love 1

Ahhh, Alert. The imaginary army training they do so they don't have to join the real army, with the godless heathens, and the actual danger. Although I don't see how Derelict could possibly join Alert, what with his weird, not-yet-diagnosed medical condition. And does that make him even more of a Fundie failure I wonder? Missionary stuff didn't work out... relying on his father-in-law for a house, and now probably an income...he can advertise Alert, but he most likely couldn't pass the physical...

• Love 10

Re: Alert

For most normal guys who are high school graduates you are either about to start fall classes for college or have a job instead. Most aren't able to take two months off to play fake army. 

• Love 17
15 hours ago, Portia said:

It's a shame that I find myself being relieved that he at least came out on the right side of racism.  I often have similarly low expectations at my own church. 

Considering that those tiki-torch bearing protesters believe THEY are the victims of racism, I wouldn't give Derick too much credit for that vague tweet. Unless he specifically mentions Nazis and KKK, there's no way to know which side he's on. 

8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Didn't they say they experienced water shortages in Danger America? If that's true, I could see little to no sexy times going on. I wouldn't want to be having sex without the benefit of regular showers. 

Or air conditioning. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Derelict is back in the Duggar fold now. He's selling ALERT. I guess it's do this or lose the Pool House. 

Too bad I'm a girl.  I won't have the chance to play army for a couple of months.  I want to take MY life from "good" to "really good".  " Really good" sounds "Really Swell" to me.  Who needs a job or an education, amIright?

Next Derrick will ask me What's My Why and tell me Alert Is My Tribe.  Maybe I could discover my Ah Ha moment there too.  

• Love 12
On 8/12/2017 at 6:00 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Damage control, knowing why she and her worthless excuse for a human spousal unit got bounced from SOS? Not that their firing is really public knowledge, since Derelict just said that they were changing directions. 

SOS is still featured on their blog, I find that disingenuous. 

And Jill? You aren't even a sliver Mexican, Guatemalan, or Salvadorian just because you ate some indigenous food for what, 10 whole months

That is being quite kind to them!  I am imagining them going to the Walmart in DA and buying their entire stock of Kraft macarrones con queso.   And Heinz pepinillos (dill pickles according to the translator feature).  Once the cameras are gone of course.

On 8/13/2017 at 10:12 AM, Christina87 said:

Jana will be the career extraordinaire in the family. She will be the unpaid nanny for 50+ years. Go Jana! Way to climb that ladder! You start with 16 younger siblings, and then get 200 nieces and nephews. What a promotion!

And she will be left less in the will when Boob and Meechelle croak than the other Duggar spawn because she doesn't have eleventy billion children to support.

• Love 6

So, what is this ALERT training FOR? They aren't real military, so they can't do that, they aren't certified in first aid, so they can't do that, they aren't certified fire fighters, OR first responders, so they can't do THAT either....If anyone knows what the benefit of this is for those young guys, let me know.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, louannems said:

Regarding Derick's sex drive, in DA, he had a pallet with blanket and pillow made up in the hallway!  You could see through to the bedroom and the unmade bed.  Derick definitely was sleeping on the floor, not with Jill.  Maybe for birth control reasons.  Who knows?

He may have gotten tired of having his man business being available for Jill to get another blessing.  Or he was there to make sure she stayed safe.  Dirty Jesus as security per se.  I am old enough to be his mother and I think I could totally kick his ass so not sure how effective he would have been.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, floridamom said:

So, what is this ALERT training FOR? They aren't real military, so they can't do that, they aren't certified in first aid, so they can't do that, they aren't certified fire fighters, OR first responders, so they can't do THAT either....If anyone knows what the benefit of this is for those young guys, let me know.

It's fake soldier camp for beta Fundies who don't have the balls to join the real military. They get to feel like big men without assuming any of the risk.

• Love 18
13 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Didn't they say they experienced water shortages in Danger America? If that's true, I could see little to no sexy times going on. I wouldn't want to be having sex without the benefit of regular showers

I know I would be less than um excited if I was swampy everywhere with no shower!  This is assuming Jill and Derick regularly shower anyway.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, lascuba said:

Considering that those tiki-torch bearing protesters believe THEY are the victims of racism, I wouldn't give Derick too much credit for that vague tweet. Unless he specifically mentions Nazis and KKK, there's no way to know which side he's on. 

I think I know which side he is on. ;)

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, floridamom said:

From the Alert page:

Basic Training is the first of three life-changing phases that ALERT offers to young men, to prepare them for the responsibilities and challenges that come with Godly manhood. In nine intensive weeks of boot camp, you’ll confront the unhealthy self-focus you were born with, and you’ll be challenged to maintain a lifestyle of service to others in Christ’s name.

Take your life from good to really good. Seriously... What happened to getting a good solid education, spending time with family and friends, and having fun instead of learning how to be a part of God's Army and learning how to be you are a special type of Godly type snowflake instead of being a heathen who wants to have a long, good and healthy life and living in the realistic world. Silly me...I did it all wrong.

Edited by bigskygirl
5 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

You don't need Alert to change your life as a woman.  That is what Journey to the Heart is for! 

Is that the female equivalent to squelch individuality of girls, and remind them to "Keep Sweet?"

I think I read somewhere that Jana got sent there...if so, that would explain a lot.  

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Is that the female equivalent to squelch individuality of girls, and remind them to "Keep Sweet?"

I think I read somewhere that Jana got sent there...if so, that would explain a lot.  

Yes,  That's why many fundies hate the Girl Scouts.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Absolom said:

They have JTTH for males also and at least at one time had an alert type program for women.  So it isn't really a cross equivalent.

STEP is the female equivalent to ALERT. It's only four weeks, and not nearly as rigorous as ALERT. This is understandable, given they take girls as young as 15.

www.alertacademy.com/step/

14 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

STEP is the female equivalent to ALERT. It's only four weeks, and not nearly as rigorous as ALERT. This is understandable, given they take girls as young as 15.

www.alertacademy.com/step/

STEP (skills training for emergency preparedness) training actually does have some useful skills similar to Girl Scouts.  There is basic first aid and CPR, water safety as well as fire starting, building a shelter and orienteering.  There's also a course in home repairs that includes basic electrical and plumbing, drywall repair and painting.  Basic auto maintenance as well as roadside emergencies are covered as well as basic financial planning, time management and personal finance. IIf only I thought the folks teaching these topics would actually be qualified (but we know anyone can learn anything by observing a pro for half an hour) and/or the girls would have a good educational foundation that would optimize their learning this stuff....

Of course, there's a big spiritual component that includes journaling, 'character quality' and 'ministry outreach'; so it's not all fun and games...

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Not totally.  I'm Lutheran and I could not be a Girl Scout 60 yrs ago, because the oath mentioned God.  Same with boys and Boy Scouts. 

What kind of Lutheran would not allow that? My scouting bff was Lutheran. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

From the Alert page:

Basic Training is the first of three life-changing phases that ALERT offers to young men, to prepare them for the responsibilities and challenges that come with Godly manhood. In nine intensive weeks of boot camp, you’ll confront the unhealthy self-focus you were born with, and you’ll be challenged to maintain a lifestyle of service to others in Christ’s name.

So Gothard boot camp; break their spirit and turn them into followers under the guise of having quasi first responder skills.

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Not totally.  I'm Lutheran and I could not be a Girl Scout 60 yrs ago, because the oath mentioned God.  Same with boys and Boy Scouts. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that Lutheran was "Catholic-lite."

• Love 1

I'm unfamiliar with any Lutheran restrictions on scouting; perhaps that was in a different branch of the church than the one I was raised in. I was Missouri Synod Lutheran, and I am as sure as I can be that my very devout father would not have let me be a Brownie in the early 1970s if that were against church teachings.  Would be curious to hear more from @fonfereksglen on the matter.

• Love 3

Jana fans shouldn't forget she ran the goddamned JTTH training camp. Brainwashing.

In nine intensive weeks of boot camp, you’ll confront the unhealthy self-focus you were born with,

There's that Hunan nature again. Also, I've yet to see empathy or selflessness from any of this bunch.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

STEP (skills training for emergency preparedness) training actually does have some useful skills similar to Girl Scouts.  There is basic first aid and CPR, water safety as well as fire starting, building a shelter and orienteering.  There's also a course in home repairs that includes basic electrical and plumbing, drywall repair and painting.  Basic auto maintenance as well as roadside emergencies are covered as well as basic financial planning, time management and personal finance. IIf only I thought the folks teaching these topics would actually be qualified (but we know anyone can learn anything by observing a pro for half an hour) and/or the girls would have a good educational foundation that would optimize their learning this stuff....

Of course, there's a big spiritual component that includes journaling, 'character quality' and 'ministry outreach'; so it's not all fun and games...

43 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

So Gothard boot camp; break their spirit and turn them into followers under the guise of having quasi first responder skills.

Aha!  So we've found the source of the leghumpers' contention on that Facebook (?) post a few weeks ago, that "Jana has a full life, having trained as a first responder"!

They mean she had a month of camp; woo-hoo!  Way to fill those empty hours, Duggars!

• Love 1

I don't think STEP was around when Jana was a teenager. JTTH is only 10 years old, so most of Jana's experiences there were as a young adult (and it's only like 10 days,not four weeks). Part of that 10 days was a one on one with Gothard. I wonder what they do now, meet with the puppet leader installed by Gil Bates and Dr. Paine?

56 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I also had the same question: Why would Lutherans not be able to mention an oath to God in the Girl Scouts?

Maybe because the Girl Scouts per se aren't a "Christian organization"?  That's the only thing I can think of, though it doesn't wholly make sense because neither is the judiciary branch.

1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't think STEP was around when Jana was a teenager. JTTH is only 10 years old, so most of Jana's experiences there were as a young adult (and it's only like 10 days,not four weeks). Part of that 10 days was a one on one with Gothard. I wonder what they do now, meet with the puppet leader installed by Gil Bates and Dr. Paine?

Could be!  I wonder what Jana then did do for first responders training.

58 minutes ago, Portia said:

I'm unfamiliar with any Lutheran restrictions on scouting; perhaps that was in a different branch of the church than the one I was raised in. I was Missouri Synod Lutheran, and I am as sure as I can be that my very devout father would not have let me be a Brownie in the early 1970s if that were against church teachings.  Would be curious to hear more from @fonfereksglen on the matter.

We were or are WELS.  In WI.  This was the early 60s.  The original German Lutheran church and school were run by strict German men  Neither boys nor girls could join scouts because of the oaths.  This was  just a small example of the reasons for the ultimate  schism between WELS  and MO synods.

I don't want to hijack this thread and this probably belongs elsewhere.  I should say that 4H was ok and I loved  it. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think they went locally for the first responder training. Remember, Jill and JD also took whatever courses required to be certified.

When ALERT was still located near Watersmeet,  MI, it was a paramilitary search and rescue and disaster relief training center.  The huge problem was no one would use them.  I have posted a few times about our encounter onsite while my husband was doing a  background investigation of a trainee who had applied for a real world job.  ALERT has morphed a bit since 2000 since the move to Texas.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

I also had the same question: Why would Lutherans not be able to mention an oath to God in the Girl Scouts?

This is first I have heard of this.  I am Lutheran, and I was a Scout for several years.  

• Love 2