Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, theironwoman said:

I'm sure this has been discussed to death at this point but I've been reading this thread for awhile and while I'm still unclear whether the Dillard's went to DA as part of a ministry or not, I'm still shocked at how little they prepared or immersed themselves in their community. They, or their group, set themselves up to fail. There's a reason the Peace Corps. has you serve 2 years in a country uninterrupted, unless there are extreme extenuating circumstance, and heavily emphasize living and socializing with the community you serve versus other volunteers. You get over the initial culture shock faster, your language skills develop quicker, and the people will value your presence if they know you better which in terms improves your feelings of safety and security. Not saying everything PC does is perfect but it's clear the Derrick and Jill never got to the point where they saw themselves as anything but distinct outsiders. And amidst that they were trying to convert people. While providing nothing of real value to the community. It boggles my mind.

I'm unclear as well. What I have gathered is that Derick & Jill served as sort of a concierge/host family for SOS and their missioncationers. It seems they were there to greet the folks who were there for a week or two and maybe Derick also acted as a guide. In between the short term missioncationers I believe they tried to establish an actual concentrated congregation rather than the scattered families they appeared to 'serve'.

That's just my take.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Photos and such of the Duggars still appear on the SOS Ministries page. Just an observation.

What about Jill and Derelict? SOS's problem is with the Dullards, not the rest of the family. 

Or they're busy with missioncations right now and haven't had time to update the site. Either scenario is plausible.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

What about Jill and Derelict? SOS's problem is with the Dullards, not the rest of the family. 

Or they're busy with missioncations right now and haven't had time to update the site. Either scenario is plausible.

Jill is in some, they are older photos. None with Derick, that I saw.

They could indeed be behind on the site. That's what they should have had Derick do, keep their site up to date!

6 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

You know someone there and you haven't already asked??  You have much more willpower than I.  HA!  I asked an old friend who lived in Ark if they were as crazy as they appeared (he lived not too far).  I am pretty sure I offended him since he had become quite religious since moving there.  

I think about it sometimes, but when I get on the phone with her we always have real stuff to talk about!

• Love 3

It's  going to be interesting how Boob handles the family's relationship with SOS. Jilly Muffin is his favorite and the family has a long relationship with SOS. No wonder Dirty Jesus is throwing Twitter  tantrums, life must be tense at the compound.

Edited by SMama
Spelling, it shows how ignorant I'm of SM.
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, Love2dance said:

I don't like anything about the Duggars or their beliefs. But I think Derick's answer is surprisingly OK. Especially if it is true. 

Considering that in their world, loving a trans child would involve beatings and sending them to "rehabilitation" camps, I don't think his answer is ok at all. In context, him saying he'd kick his child out would be a slight improvement. 

• Love 12

him saying he'd kick his child out would be a slight improvement. 

Huge improvement - with that there's at least a sliver of a chance they can escape this toxic mess without falling prey to those who's abuse them on the outside.

• Love 5

Derick also used the male pronoun again, which excludes cis male who is transitioning. His answer should have reflected this, but given that he also called Jazz "he" or "him" (forget the exact quote), we know how Derick would handle a trans child. In his mind, being trans is as mythical as a unicorn. 

I agree that any LGBTQ child of any of these nutjobs is best served by leaving at 18. There must be a Duggar/Ruark/Dullard/whoever relative who would help them get on their feet. Lord knows what kind of education they'll have, but that's what community colleges are for. They offer classes in Marg and English that while not transferrable, can at least get them through transferrable courses such as statistics and freshman composition in a few semesters.

22 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I suppose he's of the mind that anyone who really learns to love Jesus and is born again (a "TrueChristian" TM) will just be able to pray away those pesky tendencies. It's all about believing hard enough. If you fail, you were never really saved.

I have to add something personal to this:

My sister is an addict in active addiction.  I can't tell you how many times I've heard my Baptist mother tell her, " There's no way you could be saved.  If you were, you wouldn't be THIS WAY!"  

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

He just won't listen. Step away from social media, Derick.

https://mobile.twitter.com/derick4Him/status/896346272830898176?p=v

Stephanie needs to post here. She must have refuted his insulting post with a dozen bible quotes of her own. 

I think I saw one post supporting his quote of oh poor me martyrdom, but not him. 

2 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I have to add something personal to this:

My sister is an addict in active addiction.  I can't tell you how many times I've heard my Baptist mother tell her, " There's no way you could be saved.  If you were, you wouldn't be THIS WAY!"  

OMG. That has to be up there by pretty high in the What NOT To Say To an Addict book. 

• Love 10

There must be a Duggar/Ruark/Dullard/whoever relative who would help them get on their feet.

The foster system is shit. That said, It's a fuckton better than any relatives he'd wind up with. (OK -MAYBE Cathy, if she lightened up 50%).

"The vexation of a fool is known at once, but the prudent ignores an insult." Proverbs 12:16

Proverbs 18:6-7 Fools’ words get them into constant quarrels; they are asking for a beating. The mouths of fools are their ruin; they trap themselves with their lips.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, lascuba said:

Considering that in their world, loving a trans child would involve beatings and sending them to "rehabilitation" camps, I don't think his answer is ok at all. In context, him saying he'd kick his child out would be a slight improvement. 

That would be terrible @lascuba. If that is true, then his answer isn't OK. ?

@JoanArc I was thinking of extended families, nothing as direct as batshit Cathy. She may live a LGBTQ grandchild, but she'd still see them as filled with evil sin. 

Maybe Mechelle's sister, Evelyn…although she'd be getting up there in age by the time a Dullard kid had the balls to come out.

• Love 2
On 8/11/2017 at 6:07 PM, ginger90 said:

Photos and such of the Duggars still appear on the SOS Ministries page. Just an observation.

Maybe the legit SOS people have actual work to do and don't have their webmaster crouching in front of their computer 24/7, scrubbing it clean of the Duggar disease.  *LOL*

Yeah, I mentioned as much yesterday. They're busy with the missioncationers right now. They'll get to it eventually. Although as I also noted, they may still use OTHER Duggars to sell their brand, just not the Dillards. Or even just Derelict.  

• Love 1

Hopefully, we will never witness Derick doing another interpretive dance.

Wonder why they dissolved their ministry and took down their DONATE button. Though it was the right thing to do on both counts, I wonder if all the flack they caught for it finally shamed them into it.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 5

According to FJ sleuths, they still haven't filed taxes on Dillard Ministries, and it was set up in '15, IIRC. That year, at minimum, should be posted by now. 

I forget the name of the site, but I know we have some tax experts here who can guide us. 

So, Jill attended a wedding today, and this is what she chose to post

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXtc9Nml58F/

This comment is great, guess this person doesn't know the Lord yanked them out!

kassandrajunglesI love how much your husband and you embrace the culture that the Lord has placed you in.

Another person commented that they hoped they had a gift card, lol.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 4

Damage control, knowing why she and her worthless excuse for a human spousal unit got bounced from SOS? Not that their firing is really public knowledge, since Derelict just said that they were changing directions. 

SOS is still featured on their blog, I find that disingenuous. 

And Jill? You aren't even a sliver Mexican, Guatemalan, or Salvadorian just because you ate some indigenous food for what, 10 whole months? 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Damage control, knowing why she and her worthless excuse for a human spousal unit got bounced from SOS? Not that their firing is really public knowledge, since Derelict just said that they were changing directions. 

SOS is still featured on their blog, I find that disingenuous. 

And Jill? You aren't even a sliver Mexican, Guatemalan, or Salvadorian just because you ate some indigenous food for what, 10 whole months? 

I'm trying to remember if I ever saw the Derelicts going out for traditional food in DA.  I seem to remember  them posing in front of a Pizza Hut or something like that when the Bates girl came to visit with Joy. Now she loves the food?  Please!

She doesn't love the food, she loves the sweets. Because making food hashtags would entail copying from a menu. The panadería hashtags are conveniently on the windows. Half kidding because I didn't really examined the diversion picture. And thank you @Sew Sumi, running around dirty, pestering those with an already established faith, and bad mouthing the region does not make you anything but a fucking bigot. 

Edited by SMama
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, truthtalk2014 said:

I'm trying to remember if I ever saw the Derelicts going out for traditional food in DA.  I seem to remember  them posing in front of a Pizza Hut or something like that when the Bates girl came to visit with Joy. Now she loves the food?  Please!

She made papusas a couple of times, and of course took pictures of them. That and native fruits are all I can remember as to forays into native foods. 

On August 11, 2017 at 9:14 PM, SMama said:

It's  going to be interesting how Boob handles the family's relationship with SOS. Jilly Muffin is his favorite and the family has a long relationship with SOS. No wonder Dirty Jesus is throwing tweeter tantrums, life must be tense at the compound.

Dirty Jesus. I absolutely love this name for Derelict. 

• Love 11

I like both equally, but my phone autocorrects to Derelict, so who am I to complain? 

Dirty Jesus was better in the manbun phase. Maybe now that he's been fired - he said he cut his hair because it wasn't accepted as well down there (well, that's what he implied... maybe they hate manbuns in AR). However, I think he misjudges his target audience. I think he can catch more converts on campus with a hipster manbun than whatever is on his head right now. I'm officially on #manbunwatch2017.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Hopefully, we will never witness Derick doing another interpretive dance.

Wonder why they dissolved their ministry and took down their DONATE button. Though it was the right thing to do on both counts, I wonder if all the flack they caught for it finally shamed them into it.

I like to think it was the relentless mockery from the PTV forum that had them taking down the donate button. :-)

• Love 13

Before Derelict was fired, I don't really know that I read many of his tweets prior to last week. Here and there, he'd toss out a bomb, but I confess I don't know if he has done this on a daily basis. If so, man, he's sick. I get that he does Proverb of the Day, but I usually only see some through about day 10. The 12th was obviously an exception. 

He has no conscience and more importantly, no filter. Now that they're back in AR for good, Boob will rein him in. Because Paycheck. Boob giveth, and Boob can taketh away that nice Pool House at will. 

• Love 6

I just get a no-sex vibe from Derick. I think he abstains unless he wants a baby. It was weird when he told Jill that they could have a baby this year, like when Anna nudged joshley and said she wanted one. We all know what joshley was doing instead of having sex with his wife. I think Derick has been a virgin all his life, not super interested in sex, except for the honeymoon period with Jill. He totally seems the type to deny her for control purposes. I see him as being very frigid and overly logical sometimes. Plus he saw what that honeymoon sex got him: an immediately pregnant Jill, which is no fun. 

• Love 24
On 8/10/2017 at 11:43 PM, Sew Sumi said:

What church will sponsor them in their pathetic NWA "ministry?" Their own church doesn't even want them. Do they go to Pa Caldwell's shack? I guess they'll blog about that in what will be known as the Duggar Diaspora, ie. where did the "preachers" from the Church of the Holy AIrport Hanger end up, and can the Dullards get money from them? Possibly, if they can tie themselves to the power of the Duggars if there's a quid pro quo involved. Otherwise, Derelict, what ministry? Handing out tracts at Planned Parenthood (if there is still one left in AR)? Standing outside the Women's Health Center at the university with misguiding anti-abortion pamphlets? 

I notice you're insulting some of the most valiant and valuable ministries in the land!

On 8/10/2017 at 6:46 PM, JoanArc said:

giphy.gif

2 years is like, totally a lot of years.

Well, it is Duggardom. Has anybody there, except for Grandma and maybe JizmBob and of course houseslaves Jana and JD, held the same job (or other semi-official position that required getting out of bed some days) for as long as two years? "Duggar time" has various (stupid) meanings.

• Love 7

Jana will be the career extraordinaire in the family. She will be the unpaid nanny for 50+ years. Go Jana! Way to climb that ladder! You start with 16 younger siblings, and then get 200 nieces and nephews. What a promotion!

• Love 12
On 8/11/2017 at 7:07 PM, ginger90 said:

I think the definitional problem of "missionary" comes in mainly because SOS doesn't really run what most of us would consider a missionary operation itself. Its "mission" is mainly local color -- and holy cover -- for fundie U.S. tropical vacationers who want to believe that they've participated in an actual mission when they've really just hung out together, reminisced about some fundie interpretive dancing they did at a college retreat, and gone to the beach. .........SOS runs a kind of Universal Studios Harry Potter Experience where "furriners who need conversion in an exotic land with beaches" replace "young wizards at Hogwarts."

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I just get a no-sex vibe from Derick. I think he abstains unless he wants a baby. It was weird when he told Jill that they could have a baby this year, like when Anna nudged joshley and said she wanted one. We all know what joshley was doing instead of having sex with his wife. I think Derick has been a virgin all his life, not super interested in sex, except for the honeymoon period with Jill. He totally seems the type to deny her for control purposes. I see him as being very frigid and overly logical sometimes. Plus he saw what that honeymoon sex got him: an immediately pregnant Jill, which is no fun. 

I kind of think of Brandon Keilen in this way, too.

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, Portia said:

It's a shame that I find myself being relieved that he at least came out on the right side of racism.  I often have similarly low expectations at my own church. 

I get what you're saying. That being said, he's still a hateful, transphobic piece of garbage.

giphy.gif

Basically.

• Love 19
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Hypocrite much Derick?

He incites hate against Jazz, but what happened in Charlotte is evil to him?

Right?! LOVE all the comments there calling him out on his bullshit. Fuckface.

*takes deep breaths*

@magpye29 I'll be joining you there. I need a drink XD

• Love 9
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Didn't someone say that Derick and Jill showed the most PDA of all the couples?

I remember that from the Tell-All (Tell-Nothing.)  Maybe that's just for show, and they really aren't doing a lot in private?  Pure speculation on my part, but I'm just thinking of the old adage, "those that talk, don't do, and vice-versa."  Or words to that effect.  

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I have to say I'm horrible at reading "vibes" like that, and as someone who's always had people speculate about their sex life/sexual orientation I hate to do that to others, but I agree with you. I see Derrick as a guy with a naturally low libido, combine that with the "man's word is law" mentality, stage 5 clinger Jill, and Iz's birth before their first anniversary I see their relationship as far more "cool blooded" than Jill would want. 

• Love 9
On 8/12/2017 at 11:19 AM, ginger90 said:

He just won't listen. Step away from social media, Derick.

https://mobile.twitter.com/derick4Him/status/896346272830898176?p=v

Here are some A+ quotations from my mom yesterday which apply perfectly to Derelict:

"The righteous are found in every religion, and there are all equally annoying."

"The minute you start thinking you are better than someone because you believe in something, you become an a**hole."

Sometimes I wish I had a talent for hacking and could then put the second one in Derelict's twitter bio.

• Love 19