Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Did anyone forget about the Duggar sisters' lawsuit with the local authorities and those magazine  be, publications? Perhaps $$$$ is the reason the Dillards are sticking around NW Arkansas....so they can monitor and participate in the process of their 'case'? ....and something medical is going on with Jill and/or Sam.

It may be, but a civil case of this sort is going to take years to go to court.  There can't be that much happening with the case at this point, it's not like they haven't flown back and forth all the time in the past.

• Love 2

Don't forget, Derelict chopped off his hair a few weeks back, saying that it was more acceptable that way in DA. Now, he's unemployed while SOS carried out their August missioncations. I think Derelict give them a timeframe w/r/t their return, and SOS didn't like it. Vaya con dios, Dullards! 

It's the only logical explanation for the DONATE button to be gone. They get more TLC face time if they stay in NWA. BINGO! "New" ministry. That said, I still wonder how they got out of filming the After Show. Jill was well enough to go to Branson for the #babymoon instead. I wonder if TLC refused to film in DA any longer, and that made getting fired quitting SOS easier. But whatever happened, happened in the last couple of weeks. No wonder Derelict has gone bonkers on Twitter. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

giphy.gif

2 years 10 months is like, totally a lot of years months.

Fixed it for ya.  Not sure if the months number is right, but I think it's pretty close.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 24
4 hours ago, Buggin said:

I'm a little less than two months post partum and look even dumpier. I can't even knock the bra because after 3 kids I still haven't found a nursing bra that is actually as supportive as my regular bras and the ones I own weren't cheap. She looks fine.

Off-topic, but SOOOO worth the money to go and get properly fitted at a store with good selection. I needed armor with my 34F cow udders and got it!

44 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

It may be, but a civil case of this sort is going to take years to go to court.  There can't be that much happening with the case at this point, it's not like they haven't flown back and forth all the time in the past.

Just waiting for the case to resolve may be as much work as growing a manbun.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, lascuba said:

He wasn't though. Yes, those are the facts of his life but it was Duggar fans and haters alike that jumped to conclusions that he would be a rational, modernizing influence on Jill when it was obvious to anyone who paid any attention to fundies that wanting Jim Bob as a prayer partner and dreams of being a missionary were major red flags. You don't go from fairly mainstream to becoming more entrenched in legalism if you're not already well on the road to Batshitville.

Jill and Derrick are birds of a feather and in that sense, JB did an excellent matchmaking job. I think being too much alike it a big part of the problem with that relationship, but I suspect those two weirdos are generally pretty happy with each other, just unhappy with life in general. 

I may be giving the Duggars too much credit here but there weren't many people who spoke up about Dullard in that sense. Not many expected that Dullard would be the new boss, same as the old boss. Quite a few people, even those that pay attention to fundies. I lurked around a great deal of Duggar snark boards around the time Jill's courtship was leaked and I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of people thought Dullard was going to be Jill's savior. Of course they won't admit it now, but many thought it back then.

Benessa being generally awful on Instagram and Facebook around that time really boosted Dullard's standing too. Oh how the tables have turned.

Just now, PikaScrewChu said:

I may be giving the Duggars too much credit here but there weren't many people who spoke up about Dullard in that sense. Not many expected that Dullard would be the new boss, same as the old boss. Very few people expected it. There were people who really watch fundies that thought Dullard would be Jill's freedom. I lurked around a great deal of Duggar snark boards around the time Jill's courtship was leaked and I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of people thought Dullard was going to be Jill's savior. Of course they won't admit it now, but many thought it back then.

Benessa being generally awful on Instagram and Facebook around that time really boosted Dullard's standing too. Oh how the tables have turned.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Actually she would have a better chance to have a more supportive bra.

Anybody need a ride to the prayer closet? I got wine.

I am there!

1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

giphy.gif

2 years is like, totally a lot of years.

I LOVE Jessica Walter.  Play Misty For Me is one of my all-time favorites.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, toodles said:

Fixed it for ya.  Not sure if the months number is right, but I think it's pretty close.

I guess it depends on if we count years since Dillard Family Ministries was founded, or the total time the spent on the mission field. Maybe someone will get a hold of it's taxes.

lucille-bluth-criticm.gif

I'm sure we can expect the ultimate kiss of death soon....and FRC job offer.

• Love 3

I've given this some thought. I really can't snark on the Dillards choosing to stay in the states, or SOS deciding to tell them to stay in the states.  Sometimes career paths just don't work out. I know I wouldn't want to drag two small children to a mission field I didn't want to be in. It's ok to accept you can't realistically do something.   Hopefully they will come up with a plan. Maybe that plan is ' be on reality TV'. I suggest they develop a back up plan in that case. But as long as  I don't have to throw money their way, I dont care. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I may be giving the Duggars too much credit here but there weren't many people who spoke up about Dullard in that sense. Not many expected that Dullard would be the new boss, same as the old boss. Quite a few people, even those that pay attention to fundies. I lurked around a great deal of Duggar snark boards around the time Jill's courtship was leaked and I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of people thought Dullard was going to be Jill's savior. Of course they won't admit it now, but many thought it back then.

Yes, way too many people online thought that Derick would be a savior, but I really don't think that TLC tried to spin it that way. If anything they went the other direction with the focus on chaperoned skyping and the talk of prayer partners and "missionary work." Derick was obviously eager to be a True Duggar from the start, in contrast to Jeremy, who was eager for the cameras but secretly eye-rolling the Duggar family. 

57 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I've given this some thought. I really can't snark on the Dillards choosing to stay in the states, or SOS deciding to tell them to stay in the states.  Sometimes career paths just don't work out. I know I wouldn't want to drag two small children to a mission field I didn't want to be in. It's ok to accept you can't realistically do something.   Hopefully they will come up with a plan. Maybe that plan is ' be on reality TV'. I suggest they develop a back up plan in that case. But as long as  I don't have to throw money their way, I dont care. 

I'd 100% agree if they would just say that. But no, it's still all about all the work they did "in the field" and how they're just moving their ministry to Arkansas.  Their arrogant dishonesty is what gets them the hate. 

Edited by lascuba
It is a truth universally acknowledged that I will always initially type the wrong there/their/they're.
  • Love 17
42 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I'd 100% agree if they would just say that. But no, it's still all about all the work they did "in the field" and how they're just moving their ministry to Arkansas.  

That's what they said if we had a translator app for fundie speak.  See, 'the Lord is leading us to' means either ' we really really want to do ' or 'that other thing didnt work out so we are going to do'. 'Ministry here' means either ' that reality show that we all pretend isnt our income' or ' we are going to start a church in that big building JB bought'.  It's like the difference between the KJB bible and the NIV bible.   

I'm perfectly happy to snark on their use of the English language. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

I applaud your tolerance and kindness, but I agree with the others. There is no mention of a career path "not working out," instead there is a lot of blither about moving the "ministry" to NW Arkansas. There is no humility, no acknowledgement that the "mission field" was harder than expected. They didn't leave the "mission field" because they have two small children -- they were at Cross Church a couple of week ago trying to get sponsorship -- they're out of options for taking their two small children to third world countries. They are selfish, self-absorbed ass-hats for the Lord

• Love 24
51 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Yes, way too many people online thought that Derick would be a savior, but I really don't think that TLC tried to spin it that way. If anything they went the other direction with the focus on chaperoned skyping and the talk of prayer partners and "missionary work." Derick was obviously eager to be a True Duggar from the start, in contrast to Jeremy, who was eager for the cameras but secretly eye-rolling the Duggar family. 

I'd 100% agree if they would just say that. But no, it's still all about all the work they did "in the field" and how they're just moving their ministry to Arkansas.  Their arrogant dishonesty is what gets them the hate. 

What church will sponsor them in their pathetic NWA "ministry?" Their own church doesn't even want them. Do they go to Pa Caldwell's shack? I guess they'll blog about that in what will be known as the Duggar Diaspora, ie. where did the "preachers" from the Church of the Holy AIrport Hanger end up, and can the Dullards get money from them? Possibly, if they can tie themselves to the power of the Duggars if there's a quid pro quo involved. Otherwise, Derelict, what ministry? Handing out tracts at Planned Parenthood (if there is still one left in AR)? Standing outside the Women's Health Center at the university with misguiding anti-abortion pamphlets? 

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I applaud your tolerance and kindness, but I agree with the others. There is no mention of a career path "not working out," instead there is a lot of blither about moving the "ministry" to NW Arkansas. There is no humility, no acknowledgement that the "mission field" was harder than expected. They didn't leave the "mission field" because they have two small children -- they were at Cross Church a couple of week ago trying to get sponsorship -- they're out of options for taking their two small children to third world countries. They are selfish, self-absorbed ass-hats for the Lord

I'm not sure if that Cross Church account was from a couple of weeks ago or the old try from a couple of years ago. It WAS from a tabloid, and I think they might have jumbled up information. We also know that Jill didn't attend church until this past Sunday, and Derelict went off the rails before that. Or maybe he thought Jazz was part of his "approval" dossier? 

Even with 10 months of "experience" in the field. I don't think the Southern Baptist Church could accept them, or it would open a big can of worms of who knows what. At least they have some standards, unlike whoever continues to keep John Shrader (Esther Keller's misguided husband) in Zambia despite having nothing to show for his efforts and formerly devoted followers deserting him. Not that there were that many. 

That's Derick in a few years. Neither of these guys can admit failure and work a real job. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, lascuba said:

It's a good thing I'm so lazy with my internet time because  that is the best evil idea ever. 

Not an actual friend. He was someone who probably attended their church. Remember, the Duggars call anyone they exchange three words with--one of those words being Jesus--a friend. 

You made me Google "fetlife" , damn you! Lmao! 

• Love 6

Does anyone know about their area of Arkansas? Do locals understand the Duggars are nut burgers? Is the entire area differing varieties of fundy? Are there Catholics to save in NW Arkansas? 

• Love 1

I think the locals do know quite a bit about the Duggars and their beliefs. It was an open secret in the community for years about Josh's diddling before the nation found out. I don't live near them so I don't know for sure, but my guess is most of the non-fundy people just roll their eyes and scoff or totally ignore the whole lot of them. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

That's Derick in a few years. Neither of these guys can admit failure and work a real job. 

Don't forget Jill is too goody goody to admit defeat either. She was so good for so many years and has shit to show for it. It's gotta hurt.

3 hours ago, IntoTheMystic said:

The Dillards had MONTHS AND MONTHS of language classes that other people usually complete in a matter of weeks 

Oh course. Plus Jill had years of Spanish. I knew we'd never see them speak abything besides light conversational Spanish. Learning a language is too much like work.

TLC chose to focus on what COULD happen ... anywhere 

Of course, maxiumum fake drama. Next week on Counting On, Jill almost walks into a sliding glass door! Dun Dun Dun....

It just wasn't financially viable to have them as missionaries anymore.

I believe this. They lost money for SOS. I'd give blood to know how much the Dillard's racked up in donations over 2 years, though.

It will be interesting to see if the Duggars still missioncation with them, or if they find a nice Hawaiian parasailing ministry that desperately needs prayer partners.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 21

Hmmmmmm, New direction on the Dillard page

https://www.dillardfamily.com/dillard family blog?ID=699ba8f6-f66d-4650-aec9-5b53d85078e7

New direction on the Duggar official Facebook page

http://www.duggarfamily.com/2017/8/news-from-the-dillards

To save you time, this is on the Duggar one, not on the Dillard version:

"Beginning this month, we are discontinuing Dillard Family Ministries and will no longer be accepting donations through this organization."

• Love 12

Methinks it wouldn't be tough to know more Spanish than Jill, based on what we've seen.  Hell, I bet I know more Spanish than Jill, as I (a) studied French in high school; (b) am guilty of obsessively reading the Goya labels and Spanish warning directions in the supermarket and subway, respectively.  I'm not guaranteeing Derick is any great shakes, but it can be guaranteed he can't be worse than Jill.  We've seen the Duggars' dedication to learning, including the appalling homeschool high school multiple choice curriculum.  Derick at least knows the principles of how to study (if his Stage 5 clinger wife ever leaves him alone in thinky peace and privacy), having graduated a real university.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, IntoTheMystic said:

While I'm not anxious to comment again about my friend that I met at the coffee shop who worked with SOS when Jill and Derick were there . . . she says on FB that it was an SOS decision.  They give you X amount of time to at least become conversational in the language and take the classes ... and if you can't do it ... you can't serve. (She is a polyglot and is fluent in about six languages) The Dillards had MONTHS AND MONTHS of language classes that other people usually complete in a matter of weeks and they usually complete those in the States and not in the actual country where the language is spoken.  She said that the exposure for SOS to have their ministry and mission on Counting On was also not very great because Jill made it seem like she was moments from rape and murder at all times and Derick was walking through the fire on borrowed time and it hurt SOS more than helped them. Instead of focusing on how safe the environment was for Jill and Derick because of how much the ministry spends to ensure that it's safe for their missionaries ... the Dillards AND TLC chose to focus on what COULD happen ... anywhere in the world. And I guess the transphobia towards Jazz Jennings was the final straw. It just wasn't financially viable to have them as missionaries anymore.

Thank you @IntoTheMystic!  You have confirmed what we have been assuming.  These asshats can't even manage the slightest task and got themselves fired.  Idiots.   

• Love 15

Derick has clearly gone off the deep end with the SOS decision to let them go.   We've speculated that those two don't have a great marriage to begin with, how long before his anger and frustration turns into resentment towards Jill?  Neither one of them is mentally stable and the SOS situation combined with Sam's birth debacle might just break them.  

*Before I am attacked as wishing ill on them, I just want to state that I do NOT wish anything bad on them, I am simply stating my concerns for their mental health.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Catfin said:

Does anyone know about their area of Arkansas? Do locals understand the Duggars are nut burgers? Is the entire area differing varieties of fundy? Are there Catholics to save in NW Arkansas? 

I actually have a friend who has lived in Rogers for about twenty years. She has never mentioned the Duggars to me, but I do owe her a call, so perhaps I'll ask her. I don't know how much she would know as she lives a rather solitary life, but I will report back if I get anything. 

ETA I've been there and there are a lot of churches. My friend is Lutheran. I know they've had some immigration from Mexico so probably there are at least some Catholics. 

Edited by Genevrier
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, IntoTheMystic said:

While I'm not anxious to comment again about my friend that I met at the coffee shop who worked with SOS when Jill and Derick were there . . . she says on FB that it was an SOS decision.  They give you X amount of time to at least become conversational in the language and take the classes ... and if you can't do it ... you can't serve. (She is a polyglot and is fluent in about six languages) The Dillards had MONTHS AND MONTHS of language classes that other people usually complete in a matter of weeks and they usually complete those in the States and not in the actual country where the language is spoken.  She said that the exposure for SOS to have their ministry and mission on Counting On was also not very great because Jill made it seem like she was moments from rape and murder at all times and Derick was walking through the fire on borrowed time and it hurt SOS more than helped them. Instead of focusing on how safe the environment was for Jill and Derick because of how much the ministry spends to ensure that it's safe for their missionaries ... the Dillards AND TLC chose to focus on what COULD happen ... anywhere in the world. And I guess the transphobia towards Jazz Jennings was the final straw. It just wasn't financially viable to have them as missionaries anymore.

Maybe it's the confirmation bias talking but I believe this. It all makes sense and above all, SOS is a business and it's going to make decisions based on what's best for their bottom line. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Wait, a friend of theirs was murdered in Central America??? I never saw that before. Crap, no wonder Jill seemed to fall apart. 

Friend: They saw him once at the DA Walmart.

• Love 15
On 8/9/2017 at 5:49 PM, Marshmallow Mollie said:

In my state nonprofits have to provide financials and minutes from board meetings to any donor who requests them. Additionally a somewhat detailed financial form is posted on the Secretary of state website. 

I searched the Arkansas secretary of state website and could only find that their nonprofit is in good standing. 

I looked on guidestar and they are not registered there, but that doesn't mean anything. If they were wanting to show they are legit in order to court more donors, they would register, but not registering doesn't make them illegitimate. 

According to Charity Navigator, they only file an IRS 990-N which means that they reported that they took in less than $50k a year.  Falling under that limit pretty much exempts you from most detailed reporting requirements (though you can still look up their 990-N directly on the IRS site). 

The only thing I found interesting in the filing that is that it was Jill and not her headship that was listed as the principal officer of the now defunct charity. 

• Love 2
Just now, Westiepeach said:

But if they actually SPEAK to them, then they are a "Dear" Friend.

Then they are invited to the next Duggar wedding but only with a gift valued at $300 or more.

• Love 15

Friend: Saw at DA Walmart

Dear friend: Spoke to "Hola" probably the extent because they are dumb asses who never learned anything else

Prayed with: Said "bless you" that one time the friend or dear friend sneezed

• Love 8
17 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I am there!

I LOVE Jessica Walter.  Play Misty For Me is one of my all-time favorites.

LOVE that movie!  So eerie!  I swear Donna Mills is a vampire.  Never seems to age!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Genevrier said:

I actually have a friend who has lived in Rogers for about twenty years. She has never mentioned the Duggars to me, but I do owe her a call, so perhaps I'll ask her. I don't know how much she would know as she lives a rather solitary life, but I will report back if I get anything. 

ETA I've been there and there are a lot of churches. My friend is Lutheran. I know they've had some immigration from Mexico so probably there are at least some Catholics. 

You know someone there and you haven't already asked??  You have much more willpower than I.  HA!  I asked an old friend who lived in Ark if they were as crazy as they appeared (he lived not too far).  I am pretty sure I offended him since he had become quite religious since moving there.  

• Love 6

SOS is still on the Seewald blog.

Derick was asked (regarding Israel)

❄Alex❄@ageeareReplying to @derick4Him 

What would you do if he turned out to be trans or gay?

8:29 AM - 11 Aug 2017

Response

Derick Dillard @derick4Him 1h

I would love him just the same, telling him about Jesus Christ.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

SOS is still on the Seewald blog.

Derick was asked (regarding Israel)

❄Alex❄@ageeareReplying to @derick4Him 

Response

So basically you'd tell him you love him no matter what which is why it is so upsetting to you that he's going to burn in hell forever? Awesome.

• Love 13

Derick4Him--I'd also add that, having grown up in your household, it's extremely unlikely that Izzy or Sammy's potential gayness would have anything to do with not knowing who the hell Jesus Christ is. 

• Love 23
8 minutes ago, Aja said:

Derick4Him--I'd also add that, having grown up in your household, it's extremely unlikely that Izzy or Sammy's potential gayness would have anything to do with not knowing who the hell Jesus Christ is. 

I suppose he's of the mind that anyone who really learns to love Jesus and is born again (a "TrueChristian" TM) will just be able to pray away those pesky tendencies. It's all about believing hard enough. If you fail, you were never really saved.

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I suppose he's of the mind that anyone who really learns to love Jesus and is born again (a "TrueChristian" TM) will just be able to pray away those pesky tendencies. It's all about believing hard enough. If you fail, you were never really saved.

And that won't screw up a kid at all.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Response

I don't like anything about the Duggars or their beliefs. But I think Derick's answer is surprisingly OK. Especially if it is true. 

• Love 10