Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

50 minutes ago, Catfin said:

Cloven hoof?   'Scuse me, shuffling off to prayer closet to atone.  

I think it it is the angle/timing of the photograph. They'd certainly hide a physical deformity. 

Oh my god...??

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Jill probably (in my opinion, provided for novelty purposes only) had a psychotic event.

05EB43F980235D40566AAD62FAEB6429.img-005

Are those padded walls?

Look how grey she's gotten. 

I think those are bad highlights/overuse of sun-in.  That would explain that bun, which is an awful mess even for her. 

3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I don't think they were ever actually employed by SOS because Jill never had the actual credentials. I think they paid their own way down there( hence the donations), maybe even paying rent.  I think when SOS continued to not hire them, and donations were not forthcoming, then they were done. 

Derick will get a youth ministry or Christian school teaching job. His tweets will not be a factor. 

Like Absolom said, SOS doesn't require any credentials. I've thought for a long time that all the TLC-filmed Duggar hysteria over how dangerous it was over there was going to bite Derick in the ass, and that might be what happened. They were probably told several months (or longer) ago that their last return to DA would be their final one and to leave with all their stuff when they left for Samuel's birth. 

I agree that his tweets won't be a factor in anything he would prefer doing, which isn't much anyway. Maybe if he wanted to work at Walmart or some other nation-wide company, his tweets might matter, but anything Christian-based or even most non-religious but local businesses wouldn't bat an eye. It's Arkansas, after all. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, doodlebug said:

He never said he was abandoning the fantasy altogether, just that he prayed and Jesus told him to stay put and minister there. Maybe this is why he has gotten so busy on Twitter recently.  It's not like he's actually going to do something useful.

He reminds me of this girl I went to school with. Nothing was ever her fault: didn't make cheer-the judges weren't prepared for her skills,etc.

Dillweed could have gotten fired by SOS but God told him there was better, or he was too awesome to be away from NWA blah blah  

• Love 9

I feel like I'm looking at a different photo, or maybe it's my bad taste or whatever, but Jill looks great to me. Nice dress, a bit baggy but clearly some effort was put into it. Nice earrings, and as I've said before, getting all that scraggly hair out of her face does wonders for her overall look. That's probably the biggest takeaway for me.

No comment on Derick the bigot. Except would it have been so damn hard to put actual shoes on? I like flip flops as much as the next lazy person, but not at a somewhat formal event.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think Jill looks nice, she just needs to invest in a more supportive bra.

Jill definitely needs a bra fitting and some good quality nursing bras. That might also help with the wonky fit on the bodice of the dress. I think she looks so much better with her hair pulled off her face; messy updos seem to be on trend at present; I'd prefer a neat ponytail myself.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I feel like I'm looking at a different photo, or maybe it's my bad taste or whatever, but Jill looks great to me. Nice dress, a bit baggy but clearly some effort was put into it. Nice earrings, and as I've said before, getting all that scraggly hair out of her face does wonders for her overall look. That's probably the biggest takeaway for me.

No comment on Derick the bigot. Except would it have been so damn hard to put actual shoes on? I like flip flops as much as the next lazy person, but not at a somewhat formal event.

The greying temples though

I think Izzy looks SO MUCH like Cathy, which I'm sure she loves because she has so few biological relatives. He seems to resemble her more and more as he get some older! I bet she's thrilled they're staying, and hopefully Izzy can spend a lot of time with her. 

Derick will clean toilets with Bin and call it his "ministry." They won't encourage people to donate, but the button will stay there. Meanwhile Jill will take pregnancy tests every day in hopes of beating Blessa to pregnancy #3...

somehow though I wonder how supportive Derick would be. Pregnant Jill is a big baby, and I think Jessa handles her pregnancy symptoms with a lot less complaining. Jill makes it hard on everybody, like when she told everyone what they could order at the restaurant. I wonder if Derick will get tired of tiptoeing around pregnant Jill eventually!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I think Izzy looks SO MUCH like Cathy, which I'm sure she loves because she has so few biological relatives. He seems to resemble her more and more as he get some older! I bet she's thrilled they're staying, and hopefully Izzy can spend a lot of time with her. 

Derick will clean toilets with Bin and call it his "ministry." They won't encourage people to donate, but the button will stay there. Meanwhile Jill will take pregnancy tests every day in hopes of beating Blessa to pregnancy #3...

somehow though I wonder how supportive Derick would be. Pregnant Jill is a big baby, and I think Jessa handles her pregnancy symptoms with a lot less complaining. Jill makes it hard on everybody, like when she told everyone what they could order at the restaurant. I wonder if Derick will get tired of tiptoeing around pregnant Jill eventually!

I agree that Izzy looks a lot like Cathy -- good for him!

I think that Derick is more than tired of Jill, period. I also think that he is more than tired of the Duggars and the TTH. It will actually be intesting to see what happens. He's either going to have to stand up to JB and get a job and provide a home for his family, or he's going to have to suck it up and work for Duggar enterprises indefinitely. Will sloth win out? Or will his distaste for JB force him to GET A JOB?

• Love 10

I think Jill looks better here than she often does, and it's because her face looks more natural. Less makeup, less of the fake smile. Izzy is adorable and I hope he can keep that cute smile. Sammy looks very cute too. 

Edited by Obsidian
Hope that typo was autocorrect.
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, truebluesmoky said:

Holy crap, she JUST had that baby. She's one month postpartum! I can't stand Jill, but can we give her a break on her one month postpartum/post c-section body?

THIS! I can't stand Jill either, but I thought she looked pretty good, genuinely more chill than I've seen. The only comment I'd make on her appearance is that she needs a good bra. I say this as a D/DD, those puppies are gonna kill her back and leave her with unfortunate stretch marks if she doesn't support them. But no snark on her post baby/c-section bode. 

Edited by mimionthebeach
Stoopid autocorrect
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, mimionthebeach said:

THIS! I can't stand Jill either, but I thought she looked pretty good, genuinely more chill than I've seen. The only comment I'd make on her appearance is that she needs a good bra. I say this as a D/DD, those puppies are gonna kill her back and leave her with unfortunate stretch marks if she doesn't support them. But no snark on her post baby/c-section bode. 

Yeah, I realize she's not got her figure back yet, but the way the dress hangs on her makes her look dumpy and frumpy.  A properly fitting bra would definitely go a long, long way.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Jill probably (in my opinion, provided for novelty purposes only) had a psychotic event.

05EB43F980235D40566AAD62FAEB6429.img-005

Are those padded walls?

Look how grey she's gotten. 

17 hours ago, mbutterfly said:

It makes me sad now to remember her flight to Nepal and how cute they were.

IIRC, isn't this the same dress Jill wore when she met Derick at the Nepal airport?  I know we've seen it before& in a less frumpy state.  To me, the picture looks like it was taken at church or possibly a church dinner. I do feel sorry for Izzy having to wear a long sleeved dress shirt & vest in the Arkansas summer heat, A/C or not. I'd rather see him dressed like a little boy in the typical Duggar boy uniform -polo shirt & khaki (shorts). 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, kalamac said:

I think the part that says 'high energy and hardworking' disqualifies them.

That plus "ability to remain calm in emotionally charged situations" and "2-year commitment". . . totally not qualified :(

• Love 9
16 hours ago, kalamac said:

I think the part that says 'high energy and hardworking' disqualifies them.

Abused children need a lot of patience and understanding. Patience and understanding are not two things either one of them have. And in my opinion, they both need counseling and professional help before they even think are capable of helping others.

On 8/8/2017 at 2:48 PM, ariel said:

Good grief, it sounds like he's howling at the moon.  I think he should be checked out for rabies.

eta - I don't get that "fear of the lord" thing.  Why would someone want to worship a deity that they are afraid of?

I think they think they need that fear to keep them in line. And then it must become something like Stockholm Syndrome. I was lucky to grow up in a loving and welcoming church/religion so it is sad to me that these extremists don't know of such an option. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Aja said:

Is she going gray, or are those just really aggressive highlights? I'm not sure with the lighting.

I think they're blonde highlights on the ashy side, so that's why it's picking up gray in the picture.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Aja said:

Is she going gray, or are those just really aggressive highlights? I'm not sure with the lighting.

I think they're blonde highlights on the ashy side, so that's why it's picking up gray in the picture.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Bumper sticker:   Marrying a Duggar -- Always a Terrible Idea

I know!!! It makes me sad for what Derick could have become. Say he met a girl in his college accounting classes who had dreams and goals. She could have been just as cute as Jill, and a mainline Christian. They could have attended a campus Christian group together, and she would have wanted to get a normal job after graduation, so he would have accepted it as a fact of life and gotten one too. By the time they had a child, even if she had decided to stay home, he would have worked long enough to be used to it and not resent it. There were so many better alternatives for him than becoming a duggar!

• Love 8

I'm a little less than two months post partum and look even dumpier. I can't even knock the bra because after 3 kids I still haven't found a nursing bra that is actually as supportive as my regular bras and the ones I own weren't cheap. She looks fine.

• Love 20

Now that they've decided to stay in "Northwest" Arkansas, I guess Derick will have to get a real job.  Ha! ha! ha! ha!  I am sorry;  I just couldn't type that with a straight face.  

• Love 20
On 2017-08-04 at 8:04 PM, Marigold said:

Not a fan of Jill but Derick was a mistake. I don't know how this happened because Jim Bob clearly got an A-OK from God that Derick was the man for Jilly and they were prayer buddies and everything but something went very wrong here.  ;)   

Jilly Muffin was sacrificed to the altar of the All Mighty Dollar. Dullard was sold to mainstream audiences as a college educated man who grew up in a small family with a mother who worked and wore pants. People had hopes for Jill to escape her upbringing. Newp.

Every time Dullard does something stupid they try and make him palatable to a mainstream audience. Ooooh look, he has a man bun! He's just like us!

Probably for the best they stay in Arkansas. I think Dullard wants a break from his clingy wife and can pawn her off on her family. Which honestly is what Jill needs.

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I know!!! It makes me sad for what Derick could have become. Say he met a girl in his college accounting classes who had dreams and goals. She could have been just as cute as Jill, and a mainline Christian. They could have attended a campus Christian group together, and she would have wanted to get a normal job after graduation, so he would have accepted it as a fact of life and gotten one too. By the time they had a child, even if she had decided to stay home, he would have worked long enough to be used to it and not resent it. There were so many better alternatives for him than becoming a duggar!

Like Dan's wife, Deena!

• Love 6

from yahoo main page

Jill Duggar and her husband Derick Dillard have come under fire over the past two years for their mission work in Central America. After a friend’s murder, Zika fears and more, the Counting On stars are finally returning to Arkansas for good. Jill and Derick, who are parents to young sons Israel and Samuel, broke the news on their blog. “Through a number of circumstances, and guided by much prayer and counsel, we are discerning the Lord leading our family’s full-time ministry back to the United States for the time being,” the post read. “We understand very well that mission work definitely requires flexibility. This, we have witnessed and experienced first-hand in our years of ministry.”

15 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I just checked the blog. The DONATE button is no more. 

Wonder if it will go back up when the lawsuit starts moving.  THAT is why I think they are still here.  Legal entanglements.  And maybe the blind item ;).  I am joking about the BI.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Jilly Muffin was sacrificed to the altar of the All Mighty Dollar. Dullard was sold to mainstream audiences as a college educated man who grew up in a small family with a mother who worked and wore pants. People had hopes for Jill to escape her upbringing. Newp.

Every time Dullard does something stupid they try and make him palatable to a mainstream audience. Ooooh look, he has a man bun! He's just like us!

Probably for the best they stay in Arkansas. I think Dullard wants a break from his clingy wife and can pawn her off on her family. Which honestly is what Jill needs.

He wasn't though. Yes, those are the facts of his life but it was Duggar fans and haters alike that jumped to conclusions that he would be a rational, modernizing influence on Jill when it was obvious to anyone who paid any attention to fundies that wanting Jim Bob as a prayer partner and dreams of being a missionary were major red flags. You don't go from fairly mainstream to becoming more entrenched in legalism if you're not already well on the road to Batshitville.

Jill and Derrick are birds of a feather and in that sense, JB did an excellent matchmaking job. I think being too much alike it a big part of the problem with that relationship, but I suspect those two weirdos are generally pretty happy with each other, just unhappy with life in general. 

Edited by lascuba
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Wait, a friend of theirs was murdered in Central America??? I never saw that before. Crap, no wonder Jill seemed to fall apart. 

I think the word friend is very broad in their world. It might be "The Lady's", cousin's, uncle's son, through marriage, that once played basketball down the street when he was a young lad.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Aja said:

Also...derick4Him sounds like a FetLife handle.

It's a good thing I'm so lazy with my internet time because  that is the best evil idea ever. 

1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Wait, a friend of theirs was murdered in Central America??? I never saw that before. Crap, no wonder Jill seemed to fall apart. 

Not an actual friend. He was someone who probably attended their church. Remember, the Duggars call anyone they exchange three words with--one of those words being Jesus--a friend. 

• Love 8

Did anyone forget about the Duggar sisters' lawsuit with the local authorities and those magazine publications? Perhaps $$$$ is the reason the Dillards are sticking around NW Arkansas....so they can monitor and participate in the process of their 'case'? ....and something medical is going on with Jill and/or Sam.

• Love 3