Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middlesex_(novel)

Remember this?  All these issues are not cut and dry.  My son is gay and through his friends and acquaintances, many of whom are straight, we know several transgender folks, going both ways.  It is such a confusing and difficult journey.  The folks we know had a rough time of it, and are shunned by family.  I realize not all are. No one would choose it I would imagine.  

I have so many feels about that book. SO MANY. 

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

So what  would you like to be done to me? I am a  Christian ,  maybe  not one who believes like the Duggars  but one who worships the same God.

No war on you, but the Duggars & their ilk claim to speak for all Christians and if you don't believe exactly what they believe, you aren't a real Christian, need conversion, & donate so they can help you see your evil ways.  That's insulting to the many different flavors of Christianity.

• Love 6

Ariel, I understand  what you are saying , and yes as an Orthodox  Christian  they probably  would  say I was going  to hell. The problem  I have with the wording  is it takes  away their right  to believe  as they wish. I do not agree  with it  and I will stand with any Transgender  person  to become  what they wish ( I am sorry that is not the best wording  but I do not know how  to say it better) I am uncomfortable  having a " war"  on anyones believe . I am bowing  out of the conversation  before  the mods shut it down . 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Remember this?  All these issues are not cut and dry.  My son is gay and through his friends and acquaintances, many of whom are straight, we know several transgender folks, going both ways.  It is such a confusing and difficult journey.  The folks we know had a rough time of it, and are shunned by family.  I realize not all are. No one would choose it I would imagine.  

Intense book. I'm glad I read it. I recommended it to everyone. 

5 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I enjoyed the book MiddleSex. I know that being transgender is not the same as being intersex (obviously) but I wonder if there are any intersex kids in Jazz's gender bender club. 

I wonder what ignorant things Derrick would say about intersex people. 

Edited by Scarlett45
Kept it on topic about the Dillards
17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I wish someone would start a cult based on peace and acceptance. I real one. I'm guessing there's enough passages in the Bible to support peace and acceptance. 

I elect @Churchhoney to be the Gothard. I can be a therapist (I'm licensed, LOL). Who else is in?

I will plan all the events!  Hope you are good with Drag Queens.  

16 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Ariel, I understand  what you are saying , and yes as an Orthodox  Christian  they probably  would  say I was going  to hell. The problem  I have with the wording  is it takes  away their right  to believe  as they wish. I do not agree  with it  and I will stand with any Transgender  person  to become  what they wish ( I am sorry that is not the best wording  but I do not know how  to say it better) I am uncomfortable  having a " war"  on anyones believe . I am bowing  out of the conversation  before  the mods shut it down . 

The only war I want is against Michelle's green shirt.  I think we can all agree on that!  The rest?  Live and let live.  Unless you try to take away anyone's rights to live freely.  Then its ON!

• Love 20
20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Step away Derick, go cook a meal or something

https://mobile.twitter.com/derick4Him/status/894911024414900224?p=v

Yes!  I'm not on Twitter, and don't feel the need to be.  I do enjoy snarking about Dumbshit's posts.  The comments are fun to read.

I just don't get the whole Twitter thing.  Why Dumbshit Derek and the CIC are addicts, I can't even guess.

Edited by xwordfanatik
wrong acronym. I'm old.
  • Love 4

Wow Derick YOUR god is not a happy one is he? If you want anyone to follow your god I would cool it with all of the hating and smiting speech. Besides that you just need your ass kicked.

• Love 15

So Derick is liking all the Twitter action his Tweets provoke?

Fear and hate are states of being I rather not indulge. Hate is such a strong and ugly feeling. If I think too long and too hard about Derick I really start to feel sorry for him and this journey through life. To me it feels intensely negative and without much peace and joy.

Life throws enough shit most folks way, why chose to live in fear and hate?

• Love 15
2 hours ago, sometimesy said:

He's just a ray of sunshine isn't he. 

Anti-antidepressants might fix his sunny disposition. The boy sounds very depressed most days. He needs to get out of whatever funk he is in and re-enter into the real world of working and taking care of his family. #failureasanadult

• Love 6

Can someone enlighten this lapsed catholic/atheist why Derrick and other fundies always quote the Old Testament? I rarely see any New Testament quotes which seems odd to me, after all they're espousing everyone must accept Jesus as their savior.

• Love 10

I don't recall him being this bad before Sammy was born. Yes, he was still an obnoxious twat before, but he's ramped the fundie crazy up to 11. He's up there with stalwarts like Michael Pearl, Voddie Baucham, and Doug Phillips before he (apparently) dumped his wife to live the life of a American expatriate in Western Europe, hanging out most days with a burlesque dancer named Flo. 

Maybe we have this to look forward to when Derelict and his brothers in law have their midlife crises. 

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, scriggle said:

Can someone enlighten this lapsed catholic/atheist why Derrick and other fundies always quote the Old Testament? I rarely see any New Testament quotes which seems odd to me, after all they're espousing everyone must accept Jesus as their savior.

They pick & chose what testament best serves their needs and bottom line - cherry picking the bible.  If they followed the old testament, they would observe Jewish Beliefs.  They don't with the exception that some of the Duggars claim to not eat pork.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Elvis Costello's in da hizzy!

EC's always in da hizzy. 

And the angels wanna wear my red shoes, too. 

8 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

This lapsed Catholic/now atheist agrees. Why not post more of Jesus's own words? That's what I remember most from the bible.

Because fearful, insecure, resentful, worried-they're-slipping-out-of-pole-position, control-freaky people populate this religion pretty  much entirely? ....

And since Jesus was none of those, he doesn't resonate with them. It's why they're so old-testament all the time.

They'd really be much more at home in the Bronze Age or thereabouts, I think. 

I feel sorry for them. Sad psychologies they've got. But they're a damn blight on society at the same time. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Besides the fact he took one sentence, and instead of quoting it, switched it up a bit to seem like he's so profound, the hash tag seems a bit weird. What makes me happy is, there's not one response, as of now!

https://mobile.twitter.com/derick4Him/status/895036490975109120?p=v

Oh, there are lots of responses now! The number of Christians calling him out and defending their faith against the Duggar brand of self-righteousness and hate is absolutely beautiful. I REALLY hope he at least reads those.

• Love 12

I will plan all the events!  Hope you are good with Drag Queens.

A local library just hosted an event with Drag Queen reading children's books to children. Parents had to register in advance and it filled up fast but the Evangelical outrage that poured forth! I am hoping the controversy would bring Ru Paul and some of her girls to town!

Good grief, it sounds like he's howling at the moon.  I think he should be checked out for rabies.

This. Is. So. True.

His word is always perfect!

Well, He did apologize for the Flood and said He would never do it again, that next time he would smote us all with Divine Fire (and not the really cool drag queen Divine either). Also, the whole killing of all those innocent Egyptian firstborns seems pretty flawed. Here's a funny aside...my kids had Precious Moments (King James) Bibles that their grandmother had given them which was, naturally, illustrated with Precious Moments drawings. One day they ran across my huge Catholic bible with all the full color reproductions of Old Master paintings and they were horrified! "What is that Angel doing with a sword? What's he doing to that baby!!!!?" That Christmas, my older son, who was about 7 at the time, went up to his Precious Moments loving grandmother and this conversation happened: Boy: "Did you know they nailed Jesus to a cross?" Grandma: "Yes." Boy: "They nailed Jesus to a cross!" G'Ma: "Yes, honey, I know." Boy (very sincerely and solemnly): "They didn't have any glue." 

• Love 23

Derrick needs to concentrate on his own soul and min his own dam business about the souls of everyone else on earth!  What's it to him if only he and his family are the only ones in Heaven!?

• Love 4

Jill posted a picture of Sam. Apparently I'm not blocked, maybe my phone was being weird. They're all acting like nothing happened, I doubt TLC has done anything about Derick. They're not cancelling anytime soon...

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Absolom said:

The Dillard Family Blog has up a new post that they will be remaining in NWA.

A New Direction in Ministry: https://www.dillardfamily.com/dillard family blog?ID=699ba8f6-f66d-4650-aec9-5b53d85078e7

So what happened?

In so many words, realized they couldn't hack it. No shame in that, but I hope they took their DONATE button down. Missionary work is NOT for everyone.  Even the rigors of  missioncationing was too much for them.

Odd photo with Izzy in a suit, Muffy is a frumpy, lumpy, dumpy mess (is she barefoot with shoes next to her). Scruffy is wearing sandals. Little Sammy looks cute. Izzy really looks nice and is for once, clean and happy looking. He's such a lovely little boy.

For the sake of Jill's mental health, it's just as well she gets to stay here. They were pretty tight lipped about why they are staying put. I'm fine with that, since they have been under so much scrutiny. I believe everyone is entitled to at least one secret, and they may have finally seen the wisdom in retiring from public life.

Now if Derick would just STFU with his tweets, that would be gravy.

• Love 20
26 minutes ago, Absolom said:

The Dillard Family Blog has up a new post that they will be remaining in NWA.

A New Direction in Ministry: https://www.dillardfamily.com/dillard family blog?ID=699ba8f6-f66d-4650-aec9-5b53d85078e7

So what happened?

TLC said screw this, we're done paying to ship you and entire camera crew down to DA four times a year. Nobody likes you that much...not the DAers, not the crew and apparently not the viewers. So screw it.

• Love 24

Wait, so they scammed people out of donations money that they were supposed to use on their supposed extended "mission" in CA? They asked for 24k because they obviously wanted to stay for a while but they came back after 3 months and decided not to go back but won't return the money. This money was gonna support them in CA and is basically now supporting them in NWA which is many times more expensive. 

I agree, I think SOS got rid of them because they kept calling Derick out about his missioncation. Now he'll be doing the lord's work through twitter. DONATE!

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 20
5 minutes ago, Aja said:

Through others' numerous efforts of community development (interpretive dance), skills training (friendship bracelets), sports outreach (threw football at brown orphan once), and local church ministry (more interpretive dance), a strong foundation has been laid (SINNER!!!!) that I believe the Lord will continue to grow (more and more interpretive dances!) for many years seasons to come.      

Bolding and strikethroughs mine.

@Aja: Have I told you lately that I love you? Brilliant post. 

Let's not forget finishing the piñata of the little girl who died and serving stingy portions of banana bread. And who can forget only allowing the orphans to have one crayon at a time?

6 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

The interpretive dance community is undoubtedly heartbroken.

They are bereft.

• Love 11

I'd like to think that they donations they got were so paltry that they decided to give up on the fiction that they were doing anything in DA. 

Maybe it's just something boring like their contract with SOS was always due to expire now but they kept that under wraps and pretended they were going to be in DA indefinitely. 

• Love 5

Well, well, what do we have here? A typical "Duggar statement". Derick doesn't say WHY they are staying in NW Arkansas other than he prayed about it? WHY did he pray about it? I think because he was released from SOS Ministries. Jill was NOT an asset in their eyes and was not qualified to be any kind of real missionary. Derick is attached to her, so even though he has a college degree, it's not in 'seminary-missionary"...it's in accounting, so HE didn't qualify either.

I also believe something is going on, healthwise, with either Jill, Sam or both of them. In that photo, Jill doesn't look like a frump because she just gave birth a month ago, she just doesn't look WELL.

Derick's tweets also didn't help his case even in the eyes of SOS. Don't worry, folks, things have a way of coming to light., Remember the Duggar family's family's saying: "Your sins shall find you out".

Now, let's see if they return that donation money FOR THEIR MINISTRY that they received.

• Love 10

Thinking back to their absence at the After Show, I wonder if TLC refused to film them in DA any longer, especially given this latest mess. 

I also wonder if Boob will evict the Dullards to a lesser property and install Princess Jessa at the Pool House? JoKen need a place to live in less than a month, y'all!

• Love 7