Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

She's pretty brave for someone so young. Bottom surgery hurts to even think about it.

I agree that she's brave, but she's still a vulnerable person and it shocked me. Not the idea that she will have the surgery, but the intimate details. None of this mitigates or excuses Derick's behaviour  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, this-one-is-mine said:

On the one hand it's awful that Derrick outed himself as a bigoted piece of shit. 

But on the other hand, the outrage this has provoked is just plain odd to me. Is this a surprise that a member of the Duggar clan--perhaps the most heinous, hypocritical, morally bankrupt family to ever appear on television--feels this way? Of course not. And why is it somehow acceptable that he feels this way, as long as he keeps it to himself? It's not. 

Bottom line is that everyone knows exactly what the Duggars are. They--and people like them--make our modern society demonstrably worse, whether they loudly tweet bigoted hate speech or quietly vote against civil rights and donate money to hate groups like Rapey Josh's old clan. Anyone who truly feels like this family needs to go away should stop watching, plain and simple. Post outraged messages all you like but until this show stops making money these people and the vitriol they spew will not go away. And until enough people stop watching, this show will continue to make money for the powers that be. Put your viewership where your mouth is.

He can have any opinions he wants, and having freedom of speech means that he can express his views. But common decency should make him decide not to publicly deny an individual child's gender like he did (even though he is legally entitled to do so), because he should see that it's not constructive and is harmful. What was he trying to achieve? He wrote a sentence where anyone with Internet access could read it. If he wanted to start a conversation or informed people of his opinion, he could have written a researched blog post (Jeremy could have donated some impressive big words from one of his books). Perhaps he could have done some research and praying to try to see things from Jazz's perspective. Nope, he told a girl that she is a boy and that what she feels and believes is irrelevant. (Then again, the Duggars etc. seem to think that what they think and feel is irrelevant too.) 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Obsidian said:

He can have any opinions he wants, and having freedom of speech means that he can express his views. 

Agree. And when someone puts those views out there in the public forum, they should expects others to respond. Hilarious how Jilly Muffin decided to post a new pix of Samuel while this was blowing up. I know the Duggars are simple minded dolts, and I certainly do not agree with some decisions the Jennings family makes re Jazz, but to purposely call Jazz "he" was reprehensible. The whole Duggar clan needs to quietly go away.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Here's the thing ( in addition to all previous posts).   I work for a Fortune 10 company and with that comes the knowledge that I cannot and will not post anything on social media that isn't PC.   No matter my personal thoughts/beliefs.  Because I NEED THE PAYCHECK (and I have common sense).  I don't give a flying fuck what Derick believes or Jazz believes/feels/is/does.   Not my place to judge OR post about.  

Derick -- You do absolutely NOTHING to support your family.   At a minimum you should be concerned with putting food on your family's table and providing the roof over their heads....  

Bingo! I also work for a big firm and we have similar restrictions. I can post what I want, but I cannot under any circumstances post specifics about my job or employer on social media beyond confirming my position and the name of my employer. Mainly because if I were to say "as a ____, I think ____" or "as an employee of ___, I think ____" doesn't just reflect on me. It reflects on my employer, and it gives an additional veneer of respectability to what would otherwise be my lone opinion. 

Derrick is in a similar position. He specifically targeted someone else employed by TLC, and that opens up the possibility that he's speaking on behalf of TLC. So now TLC has to distance themselves from him, and now he looks like the moron that he is for shooting off his mouth. 

I happen to disagree 100% with derrick. But even if this was a tweet where I had zero opinions, I still wouldn't have any sympathy for Derrick, because it's basic common sense that you don't slam your employer or coworkers. And if you're dumb enough to do that, you deserve the consequences. 

• Love 19

Questionfear: You're right on it too. Derick was an idiot to post what he did. I don't think TLC's 'response' says much for them so far. It remains to be seen 'what' they will do with the Dillard/Duggars/Counting On situation.

• Love 5

Derick has never had a real job so he doesn't know adult things like not tweeting inflammatory statements or anything that could be perceived as controversial or attacking your own employer.  

Pete the Pistol was the pinnacle of his Derick's life. 

• Love 20
8 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Just from reading some cursory info about Jazz Jennings show, I feel like I know way too much intimate information about the poor child. Nobody even needs to speculate with Jazz. I feel dirty that I now know what's going on with her genitalia. 

So if anything, I am Jazz might be "too" real.

43 minutes ago, IntoTheMystic said:

Freedom of Speech doesn't mean Freedom From Consequences. Say what you want, but be prepared to face the ramifications and backlash when you say something belittling to a teenage girl who hasn't bothered a soul.

Exactly, Derick cannot get arrested by the government for what he said, but he can certainly experience ramifications through TLC (one would hope).

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Gweilo said:

The Duggars must love the rise in social media. So many new ways to tell people that God hates them!

So much insight, in such a short comment. 

• Love 20
11 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Derick -- You do absolutely NOTHING to support your family.   At a minimum you should be concerned with putting food on your family's table and providing the roof over their heads....  

I mean, this is so logical, I struggle to wonder how on earth Dreck doesn't understand that the man of the house needs to go out and get a job to support his wife - who just had a difficult birth - as well as his two young sons.  GET A JOB, DRECK.  A real job!  Go to work all day, come home tired and then help your wife with YOUR TWO BABIES, throw in a load of laundry, let your wife take a shower, take Iz out for a walk, help with dinner, clean up the kitchen.  Then maybe you'd be too exhausted to perch on your couch with your feet up composing horrible tweets to people that have done NOTHING to you.  

He's scum.  TLC needs to drop this entire family, ASAP.  Like yesterday.  

• Love 22

People have a right to their opinions, but, I really get the impression that Derick isn't very educated on the topic of transgender individuals. I suspect that he doesn't know much of anything about it, except some second hand dogma from other uninformed people.  I happen to watch Jazz's show.  I wonder if he has.  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

TLC has a different relationship with all this, most likely, because the Duggs have both viewers from within that culture and hatewatchers who, by and large, don't even know that culture exists as a large-scale thing. I expect that gives them a complicated balancing act to manage when they try to decide to do about the Duggars' shows. 

As always, Churchie, you've presented your points thoughtfully and clearly.  Thanks for yet another well-reasoned post.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

You are saying that their beliefs are 'unchristian.' But that depends entirely on definitions.

I just had occasion to participate in a research project on evangelical Christians. And what I encountered showed me that most likely millions of Americans who participate in the conservative reaches of that demographic agree that exactly the beliefs Der expressed are not only Christian but, in fact, the only variety of beliefs to be truly Christian.

I interviewed evangelical-Christian college professors, holders of PhDs, youngish academics in their 30s and early 40s, who teach students every day at colleges and universities that are fully accredited by standard accreditation bodies. And I heard all about the just-beginning inevitable and righteous war that they must now wage in God's name against the "transgender community."  (among other similar things that I heard, all equally depressing)

I don't mind bashing the Duggars and Duggar adjacents for the stuff they say. Myself, I'm hoping that when they die, they're surprised to find that God is a transgender Catholic who also periodically attends Islamic prayers, does Zen meditation on the mornings and, just for fun, runs a small bar featuring craft brews and esoteric brandies in her spare time.

But we're really deluding ourselves and spinning our wheels in kind of wrongheaded trashing of individuals if we overlook the fact that none of the Duggarmass's outrageous statements are things they came up with on their own, and they don't prove that the Duggs and Dugg-adjacents are uniquely bad people who should be punished in various ways for being individually rotten. 

They're all parrots. And every thing they say that we consider rotten and unchristian is just their parroting of what they imbibe constantly from the power figures and other elites of their world.

And it's a much bigger world than we think. I really can't get my mind around 35-year-olds with PhDs from respectable universities and working in academia saying the exact same stuff -- and, in fact, worse stuff -- than Der just said. And saying it convinced that it's the absolute -- and uncompromisable -- truth that they've received straight from Christ himself. But I've recently seen and heard for myself that this is indeed something that's happening in America.

And if the people I've spoken with can say this stuff absolutely seriously, and with the clear feeling that it gives them their sense of purpose in life to declare it and act on it, it's clearly no surprise that the uneducated and kinda educated Duggs and Dugg adjacents also see it the same way. There's no reason that Duggardom would ever think that it was wrong, given what I've seen. In fact, I do understand why they probably think it;'s their damn duty to speak out about it. There's a big culture out there that they're just little parrot-y parts of. But that big culture gives them all their "missions." 

Whether they stay on the air or not depends on what kind of audience relationship TLC has with that culture, I'm guessing. Now, the media in general pretty much ignores that culture completely -- media elites don't believe that stuff and so, like us, they assume that it's a very very marginal set of beliefs in our society. But it's not that marginal.  And TLC has a different relationship with all this, most likely, because the Duggs have both viewers from within that culture and hatewatchers who, by and large, don't even know that culture exists as a large-scale thing. I expect that gives them a complicated balancing act to manage when they try to decide to do about the Duggars' shows. 

What strikes me as funny is that any Evangelical Christian reading your description of God is probably most offended by the use of the pronoun "her" rather than anything else.

• Love 12

Wonder if there's anything real behind this tweet?

Sara Snow @SNOWBUNNY_2015·34m

Replying to @derick4Him

Me a Godly man an apologize. Very simple. How would you feel if your evil past from @OSUAthletics came out? You realize people are looking

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Replying to @derick4Him

Me a Godly man an apologize. Very simple. How would you feel if your evil past from @OSUAthletics came out? You realize people are looking

ohhhh that is juicy!! I want to know what the evil is? Such an interesting  word to use...evil...hmmmmm

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Replying to @derick4Him

I wondered about that, too.

@Sew Sumi please share what Peppermint said to Dreck.  I would just love to see him bitch slapped by a drag queen.  Loved her on RPDR, and she's also trans.

ive watched Jazz's show. It's heartbreaking to see her struggle, but I think it's great how her parents and grandparents support her unconditionally.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Lunera said:

He is really out there having a mental breakdown on SM. Why haven't they taken his phone?!

I read his cosmic forces tweet and immediately thought he is having some sort of psychotic break. He is at an age where mental illness can completely take over.  I also wonder if Jilly Muffins anxiety/fear in Cintral America was not because it is 'dangerous' but she was completely isolated and trapped with this crazy person ( Derrick).

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, cereality said:

Honestly his views are shared by a LOT of people -- many/most religious conservatives that I know; I'm betting all fundies; and certainly every one of his siblings-inlaw/inlaws etc. And while he's picking on a "child" -- that child is 16, not 6 and has put themselves on TV for this issue and is saying themselves that cyber bullying is common for this issue. 

Yeah, no kidding, the show is to provoke discussion. Otherwise, why do they go into such depth about such intimate details? Derick tweeted that he had no problem with 'him' in the next tweet. The show he quoted on TLC can't really be separated from Jazz, so Derp made a huge error. (He only made matters worse with the pronoun, but there are other religions, not just some Christians, but some Muslims for example, that will not use the preferred pronoun). 

13 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I'm the Lone Ranger, I guess, in that Jazz and her parents put her in the public eye with every public event they've done and now the show. They put a minor up for public comments.   Pretty much the same way the Duggars put out their own children in the public eye. This forum is full of people questioning the children's sexual orientation( which the mods try to keep a lid on), comments ridiculing the Children's looks, dress, developmental issues ( Josie).  That's bullying too. We all know the reality 'stars' read this forum just like they do Twitter.  What makes it ok here and wrong on twitter? 

Also, is anyone accusing Jazz of being a martyr for this tweet?

"Every day I experience cyber-bullying, but I keep sharing my story. Today was no different." <This was a great response, but if a Dugg said the same thing about being prosecuted for courtships, we would have a lot of posts on their nailing themselves to a cross boo hoo. They put themselves on tv yada yada. 

I'm really ok with free speech because the alternative is much more frightening. 

• Love 5

John Piper once said that wives should endure domestic abuse "for a season" as long as the husband wasn't requiring her to actively sin herself. He can fuck right off. 

Re: Jazz being in the public eye - sure, I have problems with Jazz's parents' decision to put her on television. Yes, Jazz is a role model, which she takes great pride in. But it seems like she's sacrificing a lot of her privacy and childhood for it, and I'm not convinced that's not hurting her. I couldn't believe that they were discussing a 16-year-old's genitals on national television. I think it's gross enough when people act entitled to know about trans genitals to begin with but the fact that Jazz is a child makes this especially off-putting. Jazz deserves as much privacy as anyone; role model or not, she's an awkward bratty adolescent and everything else that comes along with it. It's not an issue of the show being too real, or whatever. Janet Mock has called people out for being so obsessed with transgender genitals and acting like we have a right to know anything. That aspect of Jazz's show just feeds into that, IMO. 

THAT SAID, the above does not mean it's okay for Derrick to run his mouth about her, especially when his own comments are rooted in bigotry and ignorance. There are different issues at stake. And people can have issues with both. I mean, I think Caitlyn Jenner's a fucking piece of shit but I wouldn't be okay with Derrick misgendering her or referring to her as Bruce, either. 

Also, we're not public figures. Anonymous randos talking shit is different from a public figure talking shit. There's a reason why Derrick's comments got so much more traction than anything anyone has written on this forum, ever. It's because people actually give a shit about what he says. Why, I don't know, because Derrick is a vapid ignorant waste of space who has the intelligence of a sea cucumber. But that's the way it is, I guess. 

FTR, I stopped watching the Duggars a looong time ago.

And on a final note: Eat shit, Derrick! 

but if a Dugg said the same thing about being prosecuted for courtships, we would have a lot of posts on their nailing themselves to a cross boo hoo.

That's because it would be a false equivalence, regardless of the fact that they're both putting themselves out on television. 

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 18
22 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20170804-082138.jpg

20170804_082240.png

Yeah, so it appears he's all fired up. Who is he going to take on next from TLC . . . Will and Zoey  -  the kids from The Little Couple, Buddy's mother from Cake Boss, the toddlers from OutDaughtered?

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, Lunera said:

20170804_082240.png

Hmm.  So he's aspiring to become Jesus?  The same Jesus who's ministry was all about love and compassion?  If that's the case, he is a miserable failure.

Did Derrick go to Jedi school in DA?  If so, it sounds like he's fighting the Dark Side.

This latest series of tweets are on the BSC side and in a scary way.  

Edited by toodles
  • Love 12
43 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

I read his cosmic forces tweet and immediately thought he is having some sort of psychotic break. He is at an age where mental illness can completely take over.  I also wonder if Jilly Muffins anxiety/fear in Cintral America was not because it is 'dangerous' but she was completely isolated and trapped with this crazy person ( Derrick).

And remember that time JB and Michelle had to rush down to DA?  Supposedly a family emergency that they never addressed?  I thought perhaps Jill had suffered a miscarriage, but maybe it was Derick having mental health issues.  He did change so rapidly.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, galax-arena said:

THAT SAID, the above does not mean it's okay for Derrick to run his mouth about her, especially when his own comments are rooted in bigotry and ignorance. There are different issues at stake.

Derick, and many of his followers could learn a lot from the comments if people would use the opportunity to share their position and not just condemn. What a boon, a fundie has opened the discussion. There are too many 'you are a piece of shit' for me to believe anyone wants him to understand rather than just berate. 

And I point out again, that Derp said he had no problem with Jazz. He was making a comment on the show, but he was an idiot and didn't take into account the show wasn't seperate from Jazz. He can run his mouth all he wants, he will get public feedback good or bad. It's his right to be as ignorant as he wants. 

1 minute ago, lascuba said:

Being mocked for shit like courtships is nowhere near the same league as denying a person's very humanity.  No one says the Duggars should be denied the right to marry because they do relationships wrong.

True, there are significantly different levels in my example. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Being mocked for shit like courtships is nowhere near the same league as denying a person's very humanity.  No one says the Duggars should be denied the right to marry because they do relationships wrong. No one says they should be denied medical treatment because they take stupid risks with their health and refuse adequate prenatal care. When the Duggars talk shit about others, it's a direct statement that those people should be denied basic human rights. No one is being killed because they decide not to hold hands until they're engaged. Plenty of transgender people are murdered because we live in an environment where it's ok to treat them as less than human. 

BRAVO. Bravo bravo bravo. 

Bravo.

I'll also add that plenty of transgender people suffer severe trauma, depression and anxiety from being constantly told they're mentally ill, or inventing their "condition" to get attention, or that the very essence of their being is a "myth." I have a dear F to M transgender friend who grew up with a father like Derick. All I can say is that, for their sakes, I hope that bastard's sons turn out to be the hypermasculine judgmental rednecks he longs them to be, or they're going to have horrific lives.

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

And I point out again, that Derp said he had no problem with Jazz. He was making a comment on the show, but he was an idiot and didn't take into account the show wasn't seperate from Jazz. He can run his mouth all he wants, he will get public feedback good or bad. It's his right to be as ignorant as he wants. 

Nah, that's splitting hairs like the bullshit "hate the sin, love the sinner." He can't claim to not have a problem with her but think she shouldn't be allowed to call herself female and medically transition. 

• Love 12

Like totally agree with churchhoney's epic post - many people are hateful. Keep in mind a disturbing number of those devout Christians also believe in alien abduction, haunted houses, possession, and miracle weight loss cures. People are idiots and will believe anything, especially if it gives them control or strokes their ego. Hence the epic war on trans. Should go as well as the one on gays did.

Dilhole went to college, but his tweets are so circumspect. Just say what you mean without us being afraid for your mental health. 

Its kind of obvious why Walmart didn't work out, isn't it? in hindsight, I don't think it was all Jill.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, galax-arena said:

Actions speak louder than words, talk is cheap. Derrick's words were that he had no problem with Jazz, but his actions were misgendering her and referring to transgender as a myth. 

Quite the hostile, self-righteous, very public little jab toward someone he allegedly has no problem with, eh? I know I can't shut up about all the people I have no problem with on Twitter.

• Love 15
17 hours ago, Gweilo said:

It’s a vile belief and a vile act, absolutely. The Duggars must love the rise in social media. So many new ways to tell people that God hates them!

"Now why'd you choose such a backward time
And such a strange land?

If you'd come today
You could have reached a whole nation
Israel in 4 BC
Had no mass communication"

Jesus Christ Superstar - Superstar Lyrics | MetroLyrics 

• Love 15
36 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

I doubt TLC is unhappy about this at all. Look at all the attention both shows have garnered. It's win-win for them. It's been clear for some time now that TLC has no ethics. 

It costs them next to nothing to produce these shows. Even with low ratings, TLC is making money hand over fist with these people. I'm pretty sure the TLC execs are swigging champagne and dancing in the streets right about now.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

20170804_082240.png

Yep, Der is on the exact same page as the folks I spoke with. It's creepy how all the language echoes.

They truly think Satan is in transgender people and causing them to subvert God's natural law. You can see all that stuff in Der's series of tweets here, and it's been visible in other tweets of his, too. The people I spolke with are fervently hoping that they can get the Supreme Court and the courts generally stocked with people who believe this -- in just this (to me) extreme form -- to help combat it. But they feel that individual Christians must step up and speak out, too.  So Der's doing his duty, by some lights. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Aja said:

Oh my fucking god, Derick. The only myth at work here is the one in your own head where Jesus died and left Derick Fuckwit Dillard in charge of publicly judging and lashing out at all of the human beings who aren't as awesome and correct about EVERYTHING as you are. Go fucking choreograph an interpretive dance about the joys of animal abuse or South American Wal Marts and shut the fuck up.

Aja, I love you.

• Love 14

Maybe TLC decided not to film Jill and Derick in Central America anymore due to the expense, and part of their reasoning was viewers aren't buying into the whole mission thing being real. So Derick took a swipe at TLC using Jazz as his example of filming a show that he believes not to be real, without thinking it all the way through, how wrong and hateful it was to bully Jazz as a means to TLC. I mean TLC is their paycheck, why else bite the hand that feeds you unless its taking your food away?

I know I'm trying to make some sense of it all, but then I think of Mel Gibson and Tom Cruise. So I guess back to the original conclusion; Derick is willfully ignorant, totally dumb and a complete asshole.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Like totally agree with churchhoney's epic post - many people are hateful. Keep in mind a disturbing number of those devout Christians also believe in alien abduction, haunted houses, possession, and miracle weight loss cures. People are idiots and will believe anything, especially if it gives them control or strokes their ego. Hence the epic war on trans. Should go as well as the one on gays did.

Dilhole went to college, but his tweets are so circumspect. Just say what you mean without us being afraid for your mental health. 

Its kind of obvious why Walmart didn't work out, isn't it? in hindsight, I don't think it was all Jill.

Hey, I'm a Christian and I believe in ghosts! My house is haunted!!! ?

But I'm also a mainline Protestant and not a judgmental holier-than-thou idiot who can't decide between a piece of bread and a cracker without bringing god into it. 

But yeah. Ghosts are real. ?? 

jill would definitely think I'm going to hell for believing in ghosts but not reading ghosts the Bible or whatever, hahahaha. 

• Love 7

So, did JB not hold a meeting and tell everyone to 'lay low' till it 'blows over'? If so, Derp has ignored the directive and decided to become a twitter bible scribe. Is Derp lone-wolfing it? WTF? Anything of significance from the other bible-believers? Any cute Spurgeon videos or Jinger wearing pants to distract? <the lack of anything makes me think Derp has been punted and they don't even want to provide a screen like they did for Josh. Not sure if that's good or bad. 

• Love 3