Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

But did you post a selfie of it? And brag about it being date night?

That's something a pre-teen would do for a "date night".

• Love 3

I really haven't watched the show much over the years, so I don't know about the shower curtain incident, the apple incident, or the bathroom eating incident. I recently searched out the miniature golf incident and that has pretty much cured me of any interest in looking into the back episodes. 

I gather bathroom eating was a thing from her growing up years. Recently Jessa mentioned that she always eats very fast because growing up she had to fight for her share, or something to that effect. Understanding that Jill and Jessa never had time alone with their husbands until they were married, I now wonder whether either Derick or Ben had heard these stories before they got married. If Jill used to sneak food and eat it hiding in the bathroom, can you see her mentioning that to anyone in front of her parents? I suspect a lot of these details were not shared during the courtship or engagement stages. I think Derick did not know how fragile Jill is. (No sympathy for him, though, because why, why, why would you marry someone you'd never had an unmonitored conversation with?) I don't think Ben knew how fragile Jessa is, either, but then Ben had only just learned to tie his shoes when they got together so one could hardly expect him to. Point is, I doubt either husband really understood the level of disfunction they were dealing with.

I might be surprised by Jill knowing all these details about her own life and still eagerly selling everyone, herself included, the story of her Perfect Happy Family-but people had been known to sustain more cognitive dissonance than that. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Another picture where they look ok. Good. Is she feeding Izzy like Michelle fed the kids - lying on their backs? Edit: I see that's Sammy. Whoops.

baby back ribs are pork...

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 5
(edited)

I think eating in the car is sort of weird/tacky unless it's for a reason, like you're on a road trip and don't want to stop. However, I have been known to crack open a bag of chips on the way home from the grocery store! It seems like every time I'm hungry enough to rip the bag open in the parking lot, there is always, ALWAYS someone just sitting in the next car, staring at you, and then you curse under your breath and drive away. 

I almost wonder if derrick is living out some fantasy of how he thinks his college years should have gone. I had bad migraines that caused me to miss a lot of stereotypical things in high school that I wanted to do, so when I went to college, I joined every club, had lots of girly sleepovers, and even made friends with commuters so I could go eat with their families! It was just like the high school experience I never had. When I went to another school for a licensure program, I partied, drank, and dated someone different every day of the week because I didn't really do that in college! Derrick's dad died his freshman year, and he probably spent most of college lonely, with few friends and no girlfriend. He probably loved the schedule and academic life, though. When he married, they immediately had a baby and he had to get his first "real" job, which is hard for everybody. He wasn't at liberty to just aimlessly bop around with Jill and waste time like he could have done in college. Their life now reminds me of that college boyfriend and girlfriend that spend 24/7 together, go on short trips, eat pizza in the car, etc. They even do homework and "research papers" together! I wonder if derrick's life now reminds him of his college buddy with a steady girlfriend that he used to be jealous of. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 10
(edited)

I'm curious what kind of price do the Duggars get for a cover photo on say People Magazine.  Would it go directly to Jill and Derrick or to Boob's Family Duggar account which only he has access to?  I wonder what kind of monthly pittance he doles out to the married?

Edited by Caracoa1
Spelling
(edited)
6 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:
6 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Maybe they ate inside and were showing off the leftovers they were taking home. 

I went out to dinner two weeks post baby. Why do we have to be glued to the infant 24/7? Mothers are people too who need a little change of scenery. And I was a SAHM so a little time out didn't hurt anybody. 

You went out to eat - great you deserve it.  Would you have posted a picture of you & your spouse  eating the leftovers in your car?

Edited by ariel

I can get behind a couple of hours away from the busy toddler and newborn in most cases.  Sometimes you need a few moments to yourself or just the two of you DNA experimentin' fun people - but even with a dozen napkins and wet wipes I'd still find driving with greasy pizza hands distracting.  I can't even imagine all the finger spots everywhere on the steering wheel and controls.  Yuck.

I have to concur with others - maybe they were anticipating an offer from some magazine for the exclusives, never got it or didn't get what they wanted, so now they are creeping back into SM with all their shout outs for the DONATIONS! of food.  They aren't going thru anything more daunting than any other young couple with children have dealt with - of course however there is no added stress of one of them having a job, or paying for day care when they both have to go back to work, or not being able to have family help you 24/7....

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

That's their house? They have institutional-green walls at home? Well, if anyone would, it would be them, I suppose.

The walls in my living room are a slightly green-tinged beige and tend to photograph somewhat like that under incandescent lights.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Explicit pork!

The sinning! The sinning!

7162b6_a3bb9821ab8249dfbaee919dd4782692.

Google tells me me that the show feature them eating turkey bacon and explains the Duggars don't do pork. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, JoanArc said:

Google tells me me that the show feature them eating turkey bacon and explains the Duggars don't do pork. 

Is turkey bacon cheaper than real bacon?

2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Bacon, duck, shrimp, lobster, escargot....Well, given that that I'm already bound for hell...maybe they will have all the good food there, too!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Kokapetl said:

Is turkey bacon cheaper than real bacon?

No, it runs about the same, honestly. It's just for people that want a leaner meat or don't eat pork. Tastes similar to real bacon, but the texture us slightly different. Fwiw in the US there is bacon flavored EVERYTHING nowadays.

• Love 2

I took the Domino's and ribs pics as Internet FUs and damage control.  'See, Derick isn't sick and he does eat, why he even eats pizza and ribs. And Jill hasn't had a nervous breakdown. She's just fine, smiling and fine. No problems here....' 

Guess I'm cynical by nature.

• Love 16

So Jill and Samuel are OK. 

I think Jill was expecting a People article and that didn't work out.  So, now she is back to posting oddball pictures on social media like normal. 

~or~ They are creating interest and hoping to increase Counting On ratings.

The silence is not a coincidence.  

• Love 11

I TOTALLY missed the little piggies. Well, I guess that's one Duggarspawn whose diet has changed, thanks to her headship. I wonder if Jessa, Jinger, and Joy have likewise eschewed Leviticus and changed their eating habits?

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

derickdillardThank you @ptoling for the delicious smoked ribs! They make a great Sunday lunch with #jillmdillard when we aren't   Jill isn't able to cook as easily after baby #samuelscottdillard ! Baby = baby back ribs! #ribs #sundaylunch

Fixed that for you, Derick. You didn't have a baby via C-section and you should be perfectly capable of cooking.

Really. WTF is he thinking? He has to stand by the chair and watch her hold the baby. 

Don't get me wrong, I think it's really nice that people are pitching in to help the family, but it's posts like this were he makes it sound like they are completely helpless and alone. I would have stopped after 'They make a great Sunday Lunch'

Coming so soon on the heels of the pizza post, it's starting to sound like panhandling. DONATE

Social Media is a bad way to thank people; what if you left someone out? 

Edited by sometimesy
caught an autocorrect
  • Love 5

Yes, the Duggars 'en mass' announced that they don't eat pork..the parents AND the kids included. Anna was shown preparing turkey bacon and then she prepared cows in blankets in DC . Obviously, she didn't call it 'pigs in blankets for a reason.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Should Derick even be eating pizza? Unless he had a knife and fork in the car, I would think it's not a good choice.

I wonder what tomorrow's meal will be.

Maybe they'll go one step up and do all eggs for a few weeks, like Jessa and Bin. 

Meals are not the long suit of these people who spent their growing-up years in a house with two kitchens. 

• Love 4

Is Derick really so clueless? He's a grown ass man. Make your wife a meal Derick. At least cut her up some avocado and offer her some fresh bread. Go buy a rotisserie chicken and bagged salad and throw it together in a bowl. You only planted the seed Derick. You haven't been big pregnant, had a c-section and aren't breast feeding. 

• Love 22

Glad to see they are making their own decisions regarding food to be honest. Isn't a big part of a culture. Step in the right direction, not that anyone should eat a certain food, just nice to see them challenge one of the 'rules'. 

Did the Jeremy tweet that seemed directed towards Derick happen near the time the Dillards missed the after show? It would be kind of amazing if Derp did decide to become independent of the family and the show, now if he would decide to generate an income and send his kids to real school, we could be so proud of him. 

• Love 1

Must be nice to have tons of food gift cards from the baby shower registry and leghumpers dropping of food every day.

Derick is such a pathetic husband and a lazy ass. You are unemployed, how tf is he not able to cook easily with one more baby? Sam is probably stuck to Jill and Izzy to a sister-nanny.

• Love 16
22 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I know most people consider Jill the ugly sister but I think she's actually very pretty when she's not making the bug-eyed scrunch face. 

I agree; she looks very pretty in that picture! Natural, not forced smile & eyebrows up to the hairline.

22 hours ago, Jeeves said:

A couple of posts from the Jinger/Jeremy topic this afternoon:

The link is worth clicking on. Jer's posted some really good and interesting photos. I commented that Derick could take lessons from Jer on how to do social media, and @leighdear said:

And, not so very long after that, Jill posted Exhibit A on Instagram. 

They couldn't find a nicer place to take a selfie of themselves with their DONATED! pizza than inside a car. At least they looked fairly clean. And they didn't drop a Bible verse into it. But, a greasy vile pizza, in a box, in the car. *facepalm*

5 hours ago, queenanne said:

Well, Derrick doesn't seem to have much of a clue, because I question the advisability of someone who seemed at least to frown upon the idea that Jill ate meals hunched over in the bathroom, encouraging her to have a meal wolfing down pizza in a car.  While I grant it may not indicate a specific eating disorder, isn't "eating food in secret" a single facet of more than one eating disorder?  I think Jill could definitely be said to have "food issues" based upon their prior statements, thus I wonder if Jill shouldn't be specifically modeling uniform meals seated in front of a plate with full table settings, i.e. ceremony, and specifically veering away from using the car as a dining room.  (Disclaimer:  I'm no psychiatrist, but common sense suggests the above to me as best practice.)  

Does anyone else think it's possible that if they brought a pizza home or got it delivered, the J-kids would tackle the pizza and scarf it down before Jill & Derick had a chance to eat it--and *that* is why they are eating pizza in the car? It's an idea.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

No birds of prey either? Damn. Well now I gotta take this Red Tailed Hawk back to the grocery store. :-(

• Love 22
1 hour ago, LilJen said:

Does anyone else think it's possible that if they brought a pizza home or got it delivered, the J-kids would tackle the pizza and scarf it down before Jill & Derick had a chance to eat it--and *that* is why they are eating pizza in the car? It's an idea.

Shades of eating in the bathroom. At least she has a car to eat in now, that's actually a step up. 

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Jill & Derick have their own home.  No need to gabble down the leftover pizza before they get home. 

Then again, the Duggars are proud to do things different from the rest of us, so who knows.

• Love 5

Well, Google tells me that the prohibition against pork is, surprise surprise, more Bill Gothard mental maggotry (which the site points out isn't even Biblical):

To illustrate this difference, let’s consider Gothard’s teaching on pork. Gothard has often taught that Christians should keep the Mosaic Law (or at least certain portions of it that he has selected). One example of this is Gothard’s teaching that Christians shouldn’t eat pork. Gothard would refer to such a lifestyle choice as a “higher standard,” when in reality, this “higher standard” was abrogated by the New Covenant (Acts 10:9-16; Colossians 2:16-17). Believers are under the New Covenant, not the law, so any decision to follow the law is a matter of personal choice. Stating that all Christians must follow one man’s preference on certain aspects of the law is legalism. Our focus is to be on Christ, not man-made standards.

http://www.recoveringgrace.org/2012/01/a-response-to-bill-gothard/

Also a freebie from the same source, about myriad questions of why the Duggars barely dare step a toe outside of their own houses, why they think the weaksauce outreach Derick and Jill do is real missionarying, and why the Duggars won't attempt to do anything to change society in any realistic way:

Gothard preaches isolation and separation from the world. Because of this mindset, many former ATI students were not only ill-equipped to speak to a lost person, but were also discouraged from doing so lest the “world” rub off on them. Their only form of evangelism was supposed to be the brightness of their countenance and their high standards, in hopes others would notice and inquire about what made them different.

• Love 8
(edited)

@queenanne I was just going to say that. Yes, I knew the Duggars got the pork thing from Gothard. After all he based his group on moden day Orthodox Judaism.  And yes, even before they married the girls started wearing shorter skirts. It seems the Duggars have been moving away from Gothardism for awhile, although not necessarily more mainstream. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5

These last few pictures are the best I've seen of Jill in a long time.  I really wish they would stop putting the mittens on the babies!!!  Smmy's clothes have been much cuter than Izzy's were.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ariel said:

Jill & Derick have their own home.  No need to gabble down the leftover pizza before they get home. 

Then again, the Duggars are proud to do things different from the rest of us, so who knows.

Do you REALLY think the Duggars stay out of each others' homes?? I don't. I think they spend all day long wandering from house to house. Who knows where any given kidlet is at any given time? Thus, one must protect one's meal.

• Love 13

Derick found out he was allergic to dairy.  Remember the bloodwork episode with the doctor going over results?

Clearly that's all the info we have but pizza might not be a good choice based on a doctor stating you're allergic to dairy.  However, that's Derick's issue to work out with his medical professionals (yeah right) 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Do you REALLY think the Duggars stay out of each others' homes?? I don't. I think they spend all day long wandering from house to house. Who knows where any given kidlet is at any given time? Thus, one must protect one's meal.

If so bring another pizza home for the gobblers. Dominoes Pizza's are cheap (as well they should be). No need to scuff the leftovers down in a car.

Haven't followed this discussion fully but why are we assuming that Derick and Jill are surviving on donated food or hinting they need food donations? Isn't it fairly standard if you're part of a faith based "community" that people will bring you dinners for a little while after you give birth? And even if that isn't the case, these people are making TLC money -- surely they can afford take out for a few weeks until Jill resumes cooking.

If the poster above is right and Derick has been told he's allergic to dairy -- why eat pizza!?

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, cereality said:

Haven't followed this discussion fully but why are we assuming that Derick and Jill are surviving on donated food or hinting they need food donations? Isn't it fairly standard if you're part of a faith based "community" that people will bring you dinners for a little while after you give birth? And even if that isn't the case, these people are making TLC money -- surely they can afford take out for a few weeks until Jill resumes cooking.

If the poster above is right and Derick has been told he's allergic to dairy -- why eat pizza!?

I have no idea, and obviously it depends on how severe an allergy is, but I think that if I just found I was somewhat allergic to a favorite food..that I shouldn't have it but it wasn't actually going to cause a major reaction, I might opt for a last hurrah, as it were, before giving it up for good

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, cereality said:

Since he's just been diagnosed, he probably hasn't eliminated his favorite dairy products so he's still having issues and isn't thinking about what he's eating. In a year or so, when he's eliminated all dairy and symptom-free, he'll give more thought to whether the joy of pizza is worth being sick.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, cereality said:

why are we assuming that Derick and Jill are surviving on donated food or hinting they need food donations? Isn't it fairly standard if you're part of a faith based "community" that people will bring you dinners for a little while after you give birth?

I think in general the assumption is that Jill and Derek (Derek especially) are lazy and have no idea how to really be adults. It's not specific to just having had a baby.

That said, I think it's pretty common in general for friends and family to bring food after a new baby, faith based community or not. I was putting a care package together for a first-time mom that focused on the new momma and asked another mom friend what she wished she had after having had her first baby and her immediate response was "hot, easy meals". And her husband had taken two weeks off work after their daughter was born to navigate their new normal, so it's not like she didn't have help.

I don't begrudge Jill or Derek an easy dinner, especially not at this moment. Unfortunately it seems to be a trend and with all the gift cards on the wedding registries one starts to make assumptions that extend into "this is their life" and not "this is how they are currently coping".

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I guess Israel was with Cathy. Her house or theirs, I wonder.

https://mobile.twitter.com/cldilla/status/891640680908554240?p=v

Cathy's pic on instagram is of Dan, Derick and I assume Sam.

https://instagram.fagc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/t51.2885-19/11246097_355597234587214_571885200_a.jpg

I think Cathy's IG profile pic is of Israel. That face is Derelict pre-face mashup. No braces, either. He had the procedure when Izzy was about two weeks old. Eeally bad timing for Jill since Izzy was so tardy to the party, but I guess you can't just up and reschedule major surgery. 

• Love 1