Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)
5 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

I think they are either (a) waiting on the People cover story

Well, this week's People has Princess Di on the cover. There's no mention on any Duggars anywhere inside.

Edited by scriggle
because People is a magazine name and should be capitalized
  • Love 5

It seems anything on the People site recently, has been grabbed from the show, or instagram and twitter posts. It doesn't seem like they are too interested in actual interviews, or photo shoots.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, scriggle said:

Well, this week's people has Princess Di on the cover. There's no mention on any Duggars anywhere inside.

Yes, I think when the upcoming 20th anniversary of a death gets a cover; it seems unlikely Jill's second birth or Joy's tacky wedding is going to get a cover.  This is especially true for the wedding, IMO.  Readers want to get a look at beautiful gowns,  attractive guests and gorgeous decor.  The Duggars'weddings don't have any of that; readers want opulence and elegance and they can't meet the mark.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

It's been months now, if any magazine was going to do a feature on the wedding, which was televised months ago, it would've happened by now.  These events have a shelf life, after all.  Both People and US have recently done cover stories on other weddings of DWTS cast members that took place long after Joy's wedding.  The Duggars have no leverage to negotiate for a cover at this point, now that far more well known and attractive reality stars have had far more elaborate weddings that got covered.

I forgot Joy was married months ago. I don't watch the show anymore and have no idea of timelines. Perhaps they're having problems with their publicist. I know Jim Bob has had one for years. Losing two big covers is a huge deal, even though the show has been renewed. I did see a commercial for some other big family show on TLC - missed the name - but they looked like hillbillies. Much more authentic and interesting than the 100 percent plastic Duggars. Jim Bob needs to retool things quick. Pun intended.

• Love 2
Just now, JoanArc said:

I forgot Joy was married months ago. I don't watch the show anymore and have no idea of timelines. Perhaps they're having problems with their publicist. I know Jim Bob has had one for years. Losing two big covers is a huge deal, even though the show has been renewed. I did see a commercial for some other big family show on TLC - missed the name - but they looked like hillbillies. Much more authentic and interesting than the 100 percent plastic Duggars. Jim Bob needs to retool things quick. Pun intended.

I would think that TLC and their production company would have their PR people working overtime to plug the show on various media platforms whether the Duggars used a publicist or not.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

I would think that TLC and their production company would have their PR people working overtime to plug the show on various media platforms whether the Duggars used a publicist or not.

Of course, but more publicity is always better.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Like, totally!  Isn't Boob's tool made of gold?

How can this family that thinks SO HIGHLY of themselves even PRETEND to be Godly?

Isn't pride one of the seven deadly sins?  Why can't their sycophants see through all their bullshit?

It's a mystery to this heathen.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

It's kind of interesting, though, if that is the case.  It was only about 5 months ago that Jessica's second delivery got a cover and a feature story.  The only way it makes sense is if People sold the fewest issues ever that week and/or got so much negative feedback that they decided the Duggars aren't worth covering except in passing.

Sometimes I click the comments on Duggar posts on PEOPLE's Facebook page. Granted this is anecdotal, but many of the top comments are constant disgust at the family (mostly aimed at Josh, but also of the "they're having MORE kids?" variety). Maybe the wave of popularity has past. They were at peak popularity in 2014-2015 or so, but Josh and just plain old Father Time took care of that. Maybe they're just passe at this point and PEOPLE is never short of fame-hungry reality stars to cover.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

That's interesting about Joy. Really, no cover? Maybe there're in negotiations with US or another rag...

Joy got a spread inside the magazine but that was it.

Funny enough it was the issue with Jennifer Garner on the cover about how she's "moved on" from Ben Affleck. She immediately released a statement that she did not do an interview or authorize being on the cover if I remember correctly. So not only did the Dugs not get a mention on the People cover, they lost out to a story made up by People magazine.

Joy's engagement got the cover of US Weekly. I fully expect that Joe and Kendra's wedding won't even merit a People spread. They'll have to sell to US Weekly, if US Weekly will even take them. I'm not even sure what other celebrity magazines they can go to.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Joy got a spread inside the magazine but that was it.

Funny enough it was the issue with Jennifer Garner on the cover about how she's "moved on" from Ben Affleck. She immediately released a statement that she did not do an interview or authorize being on the cover if I remember correctly. So not only did the Dugs not get a mention on the People cover, they lost out to a story made up by People magazine.

What Joy got wasn't even really 'a spread' as I recall.  It was a paragraph or two and a photo inside a black box on the pages where People runs down births, deaths, marriages and arrests.  Jill got an even smaller mention without a photo on the same pages. Maybe People is done with them.

I think it's pretty telling that People has given covers to speculation about Jennifer Garner's life post-divorce and the  almost 20th anniversary of the death of Princess Diana instead of using the Duggars' life events.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

The Dugs are of no interest to People magazine any more. Joy and Austin didn't even get a mention on the cover of People when they got married.

I think they're holding out for the next season of Counting On.

I think People did reach out to her but she turned down a magazine spread. She doesn't want people to know the horrible mistake she made of trying to birth her kid at home for 40 hrs after a previous botched birth. Probably with a crappy unqualified midwife so I believe it's a legal issue, as well.

• Love 3

I've been avoiding making any judgement about why there hasn't been much follow up to Sam's birth... since it's all largely speculation I'm really not sure what to think. 

I do think it's odd though, from my memory it doesn't feel like they have kept their mouth shut over anything for this long... even the josh scandal. Especially thinking back to when she was pregnant with Iz, she announced it pretty early on in the pregnancy and was criticized for that, and her response was that she would have shared even if it wasn't a viable pregnancy and wanted prayers (or some variation of that I don't remember the exact words) sure, maybe she has simply matured and been through some stuff that has made her change her stance on sharing even the hard stuff, I can respect that, and I can understand that perhaps if something went wrong with either Jill or Sam they want/need time to deal with it... but what bothers me is the vaguebooking (when someone, usually on Facebook, makes a vague reference to a problem, usually to garner sympathy or get people to try to pull the issue out of them) at this point they have to be aware or the speculation/concern surrounding this, and so the more they post cryptic messages I lose a little sympathy for them. Not that I want something to be wrong or take any joy in it, but for me it's hard to feel too bad when they are seemingly dragging this out for attention.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

So their "date night" is sitting in a car with a disgusting looking pizza? I guess I shouldn't expect anything more...

Jill does look decent, though.

She probably doesn't want Izzy to come up asking for some. The Duggars are weird about their food....

• Love 8
(edited)

I think she's wearing eyeliner, but she isn't doing her usual raised eyebrow, scrunched forehead photo-pose face, and looks a lot better as a result. That's the only good thing I can think of to say about that post. See below.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 3
(edited)

A couple of posts from the Jinger/Jeremy topic this afternoon:

8 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Jeremy has posted some photos on Instagram, apparently of Philadelphia:  https://www.instagram.com/jeremy_vuolo/  It seems the Baaabes may be visiting Jer's parents, or maybe these aren't new photos. In any case, the photos are artistic, not just snapshots. So is Jer a photographer and showing up Jing in one of her "skills"?

The link is worth clicking on. Jer's posted some really good and interesting photos. I commented that Derick could take lessons from Jer on how to do social media, and @leighdear said:

1 hour ago, leighdear said:

Jeremy's Instagram account looks like the typical young married guy who adores his wife & has varied & normal interests.  That four-shot of Jinger is lovely.  

The Dullards nauseating biblical themed Instagram is just boring and reeks of sanctimonious obsessiveness.  With the occasional selfie of them looking dirty and homeless.  

And, not so very long after that, Jill posted Exhibit A on Instagram. 

46 minutes ago, Lunera said:

A Domino's Ad and who's Mandy Williams? God they are fugly...

They couldn't find a nicer place to take a selfie of themselves with their DONATED! pizza than inside a car. At least they looked fairly clean. And they didn't drop a Bible verse into it. But, a greasy vile pizza, in a box, in the car. *facepalm*

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 13

Jill, I can practically see your collarbones and cleavage. Put on a camisole, you hussy! 

Meals in the car? Takes them back to the Stage 5 Clinger days when they ate lunch in the car when Derelict worked at Wally World. Way to reminisce, guys! 

• Love 10

I can't decide which is worse-eating in the car or eating dominos. Together just sounds awful.

Granted I don't know what kind of car they have, but I've always had a hatch/station wagon/SUV of some kind, so if we did eat in the car, at least we could open the back and eat open air style. 

Is poor Izzy going to have to ride in a car that smells of pizza they wouldnt share with him?

And most importantly, DID THEY GET CINNASTIX?

• Love 15

And Dominos was right on it:

Domino's Pizza @dominos 2h

Replying to @jillmdillard

Were you looking to place an Easy Order? VisitAnyWare.Dominos.com/#tweet to learn more and get started [19:20:49 EDT]

• Love 6

That almost looks like an auto-reponse to anyone who tags Dominos. 

I also don't get the feeling that Jill reads the responses to her posts. Derelict obviously does with his tweets; we've seen back and forth between his commenters and himself, but not Jilly Muffin. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

What Joy got wasn't even really 'a spread' as I recall.  It was a paragraph or two and a photo inside a black box on the pages where People runs down births, deaths, marriages and arrests.  Jill got an even smaller mention without a photo on the same pages. Maybe People is done with them.

No Joy got a big article on her wedding. It was a couple pages. One of their Instagram accounts or their followers instagram accounts posted  it. I read it (in the store). It mentioned paper airplanes and argyle socks. She didn't however make the cover, not even in the big sidebar.  Interesting Jennifer Gardiner didn't authorize the article. I saw another interview I thought was unauthorized. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Jill and Derrick have always sucked at social media. They just don't seem to care about optics or appearances in general, which is a dumb move for people trying to earn money via reality tv and donations, but not a big deal generally speaking.  That's why I don't see the lack of posts or the weird biblical posts as a cause for concern. Not that everything is going perfectly with them, but that even if it were their social media wouldn't look much different. 

ETA: I also think Jill more than the rest of the family was really personally devastated by how social media turned on her and the family. She was the darling of the bunch until she got engaged, when people started getting annoyed with her. And then Joshgate happened and it was all over. Everything she said and did was nitpicked--mostly justifiably so, I think, but I hated Jill before it was cool so that's my bias talking--and in addition to being lazy about appearances and just not caring about sm, I think a big reason for the lack of posts and baby pictures (other than TLC payday) is that she's not going to bother to satisfy the curiosity of people that are going to talk shit about what she says. And I'm not criticizing the shit talkers, because gods know I'm one of them, but in her shoes I'd do the same thing. 

Edited by lascuba
  • Love 4

That pizza picture just made me feel really sick.  More oil than MEchelle puts in Josie's hair. 

Empty carseat in the back.  No way they are sharing that with IZ. Choo Choo can just lick the fan if he gets hungry. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm  relieved ... Jill looks ok. She's aged a bit, but looks so much better with an honest expression on her face. So much for the stroke 'theory'. She almost looks like another person. A little work on hair and clothes and she'd compete with Jessa. Churchoney's theory about the internal conflict really messing up or facial expression is spot on. Dericks teeth still look incredibly shifted.

That is a horrible date, though. Choking down pizza in the car? Shades of eating in the bathroom. Edit: unless Jill has been sad and Derick is doing what she wants, to help cheer her up, then it's fine. Also, Sammy is what, three weeks old? Maybe put your romantic life on hold until your kid is a month old? You're not even past the 40 day sex ban yet.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 16

Whoa there is a whole lot of hate about eating pizza in the car here! 

Hubby and I have been known to do that at times our picniic destination fell through

We're obviously not vey classy, but I'm okay with that

We've also been known to have generic old pizza when we've had a rare kid free moment

I looked at that photo and it didn't come up with anything to snark about,and I'm full of snark. I thought they both looked pretty good considering they're eating pizza in the car, I would have been a mess 

I wouldn't have put it on SM but I see way more 'what the' things on SM daily 

I

• Love 15
(edited)

Let me get this right, their "date nights" consist of eating a crappy Dominos pizza in a car?  When I was 13, me & my 13 year old "boyfriend" rode our bikes to the local pizza joint.  He bought me a slice of pie. It was a damn good slice of pie and nothing defrauding happened.  I think I had a better "date" than Jill.

eta - a Mandy didn't pay for it.  We were not showered with gift cards.  My beau made his money selling lemonade.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe its just me but what I like about Domino's is that they deliver. In my area there are way better pizza places if I was to go out to eat or for pick-up.

Yeah, but the Dullards had a gift card for Dominos.  I suspect that if it hadn't been free, they wouldn't have gone.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Totally said:

Hubby and I have been known to do that at times our picniic destination fell through

We've also been known to have generic old pizza when we've had a rare kid free moment

I looked at that photo and it didn't come up with anything to snark about,and I'm full of snark. I thought they both looked pretty good considering they're eating pizza in the car, I would have been a mess 

I wouldn't have put it on SM but I see way more 'what the' things on SM daily 

I

I think the primary source of the complaints is, this is what Jill is posting "instead of", while people are legitimately writhing in concern to know about how things are going with the wee baby. Not that she "owes" the world pictures of the baby, but gossip sites are publishing articles about how people are worried.  Instead, it's them with the $5.99-item special down at Dominos.  

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Yeah, but the Dullards had a gift card for Dominos.  I suspect that if it hadn't been free, they wouldn't have gone.

Plus delivery costs extra, even if you don't tip.

• Love 5

Jill has never been very good at promoting herself or her family, and I'm not sure that she even uses SM to promote herself/family, I don't use SM so I'm pretty clueless about it all, but I get shown a lot of stuff that is posted

She does come off as completely unaware of how she is viewed by the wider world

• Love 4
(edited)

At least get out of the car and eat at a park or something. Even if it's hot, so what? They're used to the heat, and they'll be back in their rent-free, air-conditioned house soon enough. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, Totally said:

But did you post a selfie of it? And brag about it being date night?

• Love 13
1 minute ago, dargosmydaddy said:

But did you post a selfie of it? And brag about it being date night?

No, but I don't 'get' selfies or SM at all. 

I don't understand the whole point of SM 

I guess I'm just living in the dark ages 

• Love 7

I had a boyfriend a long time ago who got anorexia.  It was really sad and scary. I will tell you that derrick 100% looks like him at his worst right now. I'm not snarking at all. His stomach is almost concave! I'm really worried about him. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

Derick looks like he's playing tiddlywinks with his nipples. I feel defrauded. 

• Love 22
(edited)
47 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Let's do the math.  Sammy is only 3 weeks old and Izzy returned home after a 2 weeks absence only a week ago.   Yup - time to get babysitters and do a date night!   Reason number 452 why I hate these people.  The could not be more self-centered if they TRIED.

Note to the Dullards -- IT IS NO LONGER ABOUT YOU AND YOUR WANTS/DESIRES.   You have created a family and THEY are  should be your priority now, you dumbfucks. 

Well, maybe Jill and Derp needed some couple time away from all the 'help' in the house. 

Fundies seem to put the couple above all else in the relationship, even a brand new baby.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Lunera said:

Dericks dentures are sliding out. 

Maybe they're in the car because Jill only got an hour out of the hospital or something. 

• Love 5

I will say Jill looks good and it's Jill I've been somewhat concerned about. The last picture they posted of the baby he looked good too. I think for the most part things are fine.  Although Derrick does look really thin, but I'm taking this as a sign things are progressing with the rest of the family in a good way. 

• Love 4

If there's a newborn and a toddler at home, you want to go out for your #datenight so they aren't climbing all over #you, but there's a #newborn at home so you can't go #too far in case the babysitter (who might be 8 or 12) needs #help. So, greasy #pizza in the #car. Don't worry, by the time they have 8 children they'll be doing #dateweeks in Tahiti. These babymoons and date nights and weeks away from Izzy are reminiscent of Mechelle and Blob as 'parents'. Stop it, Jill and Derick. Start being their parents or they will end up like Jill.

• Love 18