Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, DOBABYR said:

Someone mentioned in another thread something about Derrick and a cat.... I just googled it.

Really Derrick WTH

It is WTH (also WTF). But it was Bin every bit as much as it was Derick. Since Bin is the one who gave him the big mighty deliberate shove right toward the cat. And whichever Duggar female was behind them screaming "Git eeem! Git eeem!" (my ear hears Joy) is also responsible.

Derick was the idiot who posted it. But they all participated, quite enthusiastically. That is the Duggar culture. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

It is WTH (also WTF). But it was Bin every bit as much as it was Derick. Since Bin is the one who gave him the big mighty deliberate shove right toward the cat. And whichever Duggar female was behind them screaming "Git eeem! Git eeem!" (my ear hears Joy) is also responsible.

Derick was the idiot who posted it. But they all participated, quite enthusiastically. That is the Duggar culture. 

Tisk tisk. I didn't catch on that it was Ben who pushed him. What goes on when the cameras are off?!?!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DOBABYR said:

Tisk tisk. I didn't catch on that it was Ben who pushed him. What goes on when the cameras are off?!?!

Hate to think. But it seems pretty clear that they're capable of acting like a bunch of out-of-control middle-schoolers utterly lacking in empathy or sense, when they're all together. Groupthink (and I use the term "think" loosely) is big with this gang, I expect. And of course the Duggar parents have modeled "no empathy" to a horrifying degree, for decades.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12

I see Ben as a big doof. 

I see Derick as mean.  It's mean to see your wife suffer and just calmly put your arm around her and then drag her back...

I don't think Derick should live on top of the Duggars but there are other places besides Toniton (or wherever they live). 

• Love 4

There was a Pistol Pete reunion float. Check out the TLC camera guy behind Derick, who couldn't even be bothered to wear OSU gear unlike his wife, who didn't even go there! eta: Weird, IG posts generally post as pictures, not links. @Malvina, check it out so you don't dupe. I know you get your stuff from Pickles, who probably posted this. :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMMAlm5DYMe/

Edited by Sew Sumi
On 10/26/2016 at 2:46 PM, WescottF1 said:

Here's an excellent article on that exact topic:  http://www.patheos.com/blogs/wwjtd/2011/11/ill-pray-for-you/ 

From this article:

"Saying you’ll pray for someone for the purpose of making them feel bad and making yourself feel superior, well that comes uncomfortably close to violating the spirit of the commandment not to take the Lord’s name in vain, at least as I understand it.
   I have no  patience for that kind of nonsense and I resent the fact that some people feel justified and safe harassing others in that manner.  

So, what to say?  {these were my favorites}

Well, If you’ll pray for me, then I’ll think for both of us.

Cool… and since you’re already talking to him, can you see if he’ll throw in a large, deep-dish pepperoni and mushroom?

I don’t want the prayers of someone who is so blatantly mean-spirited, and I am fully capable of praying for myself if I feel so led.

To this “prayer” nonsense, I have only this to say:
It’s like rubbing your dick against a tree. Sure, it feels good for you, but it does absolutely nothing for the tree, and it puts people off."

• Love 6

I personally don't get offended if people offer to pray for me, but I guess since I know the people who do that aren't mean and sanctimonious and I know they're sincere, it doesn't bother me.  

There are those who are sincere about it, but how sincere are Duggars about it?  It's almost like it could be a rhetorical statement for them since they say it all the time. It's not my place to decide what's really in the hearts of others. 

• Love 7

Depends on the context for me. I went to a small Southern college with a weekly Baptist student meeting. I was prayed for by name more than once for doing such awful things as having a drink. It was intended as a public shaming; fortunately I didn't care (I was probably too drunk). However, if I'm having a crisis and someone offers to pray for me, I don't have a problem. 

• Love 11

When I originally posted the "I'll pray for you" bit, I was referring to leghumpers who couldn't address Duggar critics' arguments against the family and resorted to "prayer" to disguise this fact. It comes off as extremely condescending and dismissive. They don't give a shit for the person they are addressing. That was the genesis of that article being posted; it pretty much confirmed what I'd been seeing online (my MIL says she prays for me...I don't really care; at least she's sincere).

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

But let's be honest here: What are Izzy's chances of being 3rd generation Pistol Pete? 

Slim to none if he goes to Duggar Academy for the duration, but we can dream. Who knows? Maybe Derick has chosen education as the hill he'll die on. .... Maybe in several years the economics writing will be on the wall to the point that Jilly Muffin'll let him get away with it.

I have to have some fantasies.

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Slim to none if he goes to Duggar Academy for the duration, but we can dream. Who knows? Maybe Derick has chosen education as the hill he'll die on. .... Maybe in several years the economics writing will be on the wall to the point that Jilly Muffin'll let him get away with it.

If they go back to DA, he will attend the Duggar Academy branch campus.  If they choose to stay in Arkansas, I'm hoping that Derek will put his foot down and opt for education that does not happen around the dining room table.  Israel deserves so much more.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Sadly, not that long ago (less than a month, easily), Derick posted a pic of Izzy sitting at a desk with a book and hastagged it #homeschool.

I don't hold out much hope that Izzy will receive even a decent homeschool co-op education, which can be perfectly fine if done right. I do hope that Derick puts a stop to those horrible Wisdom Booklets and starts Izzy off with curriculum commensurate with his grade level, even before letting him loose to educate himself from 3rd grade onward.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, momofsquid said:

Having epic fun, Duggar style! Looks to me like they're trying to recreate a foosball table. Anyone else?

This what I thought too but it doesn't look like the bars move. Maybe the people move but have to still have both hands on the bar. I guess they have to do something since broomball is no longer free.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

A sporty T-shirt with a floor length denim maxi skirt. Words fail...

She's wearing it because we're being so terribly defrauded by Cathy, who looks like a hussy, a slut, a prostitute, an atheist and a Democrat all rolled into one.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, momofsquid said:

Having epic fun, Duggar style! Looks to me like they're trying to recreate a foosball table. Anyone else?

Yes, original caption (pickles a lost always  always edits out as if she sourced pics herself) said they were playing real-sized foosball. I passed on that one; it's pretty fundie fratboy. Bleh.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Almost 3000 said:

This what I thought too but it doesn't look like the bars move. Maybe the people move but have to still have both hands on the bar. I guess they have to do something since broomball is no longer free.

Maybe Derick is leading them in another interpretive dance. This one shows how they're all stiff little puppets, impaled on sticks that allow them only to move in the exact same way that all the others move and only when puppetmaster Jizm Boob twists the sticks. And that it's all to no purpose anyway. Less foosball than foolsball.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Derick the headship needs to buy his helpmeet a pair of jeans.  They could be matchy matchy with identical t-shirts just like Mom and Pops!

Edited by riverblue22
  • Love 2

She's wearing it because we're being so terribly defrauded by Cathy, who looks like a hussy, a slut, a prostitute, an atheist and a Democrat all rolled into one

Hee!!  Churchoney, you forgot to mention that Defrauding Cathy also used a private email server.

As for the mystery game Derrick and pals are playing-- I'm old, but this looks like a gigantic version of Chinese Jump Rope (anyone ever play that)?

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 4

Human fooseball = another "Xtreeeeme 4 Jesus" elaborate youth game AKA something usually more fun to the 20something adults who never got o have a fun childhood or college life, so they make these elaborate Xtreeeemmmme 4 da Lord 'Cause We're Down with JC, Bro set ups. Pretty much tailgating or frat games, but like I said, 4 Jesus, Bro, bc if you say 4 Jesus, it gives it mindful purposing for ministry in this season of life. I've seen a bunch of variations of Twister (spray paint grass, fill pie plates with jello or colored pudding, etc), giant Jenga with cut up boards, huge slip and slides, all those minute to win it type games, etc. 

• Love 6

I now have a vision of Twister, Duggar style.  Everyone has their own board to play on (can't  take the risk of accidentally touching someone) and there is no bending over for fear of accidentally defrauding someone.  

"Left foot green...right foot blue.  Left foot red, right foot green.  Right foot..."

Edited by Lady Edith
Because I seem to have graduated from Duggar Academy's spelling course.
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

Double Dutch was probably my best skill as a kid!

Loved it! 

It's a real shame that the Duggars wouldn't be able to learn such a fun, clean cut, all-American activity because of the damn long skirts and flip flops. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Beaner said:

Loved it! 

It's a real shame that the Duggars wouldn't be able to learn such a fun, clean cut, all-American activity because of the damn long skirts and flip flops. 

Plus they have plenty of kids to hold the jump rope.  My friend & I had to put one end around a chair since it was usually just the two of us playing. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Plus they have plenty of kids to hold the jump rope.  My friend & I had to put one end around a chair since it was usually just the two of us playing. 

We used a telephone pole.   :)

• Love 1