Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

I hope she is not pregnant. Zika is not only transmitted by the actual mosquito but it's also transmitted through sperm. The odds are not in her favor.

Remember Derick's cryptic message that they needed prayers? Wonder if they had just found out about Jill being pregnant while the news of Zika broke out?

I think Jill is pregnant and the possible timing of them returning in June makes me believe that they want the new baby to be born in the states vs. "overseas."

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 3

I think Jill is pregnant and the possible timing of them returning in June makes me believe that they want the new baby to be born in the states vs. "overseas."

Yeah, I agree.  When one of their little dill pickles run for president, they don't want that pesky residency thing to come up as it has with Cruz.

Edited by riverblue22
  • Love 4

What concrete things are Jill and Dereck doing to guard against the Zika Virus, if anything? Surely they've heard about it.

Why would their "church" send a childbearing age woman to Central America in the first place? Aren't there poor heathens in France or Italy who need 'ministering to?"

I know damned well why. A ministry trip to Europe would reveal too many worldly horrors to our babes in the woods couple. High heels! Leather pants! Men who dress well! People freely exchanging ideas at outdoor cafés!

Whatever Central American country they're in, I wish the prevailing government would throw their asses out. Like any colonialists, they don't mean well.

• Love 3

I think Derick looks much better in this pic. The hair has grown out to an appealing length and it's been combed - he gives off a bit of a hippie vibe. I think Jill looks fine too, but I agree that she looks pregnant in the pic.

I wonder if he has a lazy eye?  I do, and sometimes I can get that whole "one eye squinted, other not" when I'm concentrating on something.

And on a completely shallow note, I don't like gummy smiles.  At all.  Or babies, for that matter (I don't have "a heart for children", so I was lucky/smart enough not to have any). To each his/her own, I know, but this is not an attractive couple to me. 

ETA: And knowing what they believe really doesn't help me like them more.  Just totally unattractive on all levels.

Edited by Fosca
  • Love 5
I wonder if he has a lazy eye?  I do, and sometimes I can get that whole "one eye squinted, other not" when I'm concentrating on something.

I was wondering that also. They don't look well-rested; all three of them look like they need a good night's sleep.  Derrick is looking better, I wonder if he grew the beard because it hurt to shave with the surgery and he just kept it (or else it's still a little sore). I can understand Jill putting up her hair if she's in a hot climate. If it were me, that mane would have been gone by now and in a shorter style off my neck. Izzy is looking cute, but needing a good nap. I wonder if Jill keeps the Duggar sleeping schedules?

• Love 1

I don't normally have much time to spend on this site, but seeing that I am home from work for a surgical leave, I had the luxury to click on some links and read the comments.  WHOAAAA--the comments!!  There are entire hours-long flame wars happening  between posters who must all be either insomniacs or on SSI disability.  Who has the time for this?  It's like looking at a droplet under a microscope and you see a whole 'nother universe in there you knew nothing about!

• Love 4

And on a completely shallow note, I don't like gummy smiles.  At all.  Or babies, for that matter (I don't have "a heart for children", so I was lucky/smart enough not to have any). To each his/her own, I know, but this is not an attractive couple to me. 

ETA: And knowing what they believe really doesn't help me like them more.  Just totally unattractive on all levels.

I think he may have some nerve damage from that God-awful jaw surgery he had. Also, after seeing that pic, I am 100% sure that Jill is preggers.
  • Love 2

Derrick's face looks a bit jacked up even more now -his jaw looks like it's shifted more to the right. Yea a beard will cover that right up. At least the hair is combed. I'll give him that. And Dill has neatly combed hair.

Babby is kinda cute.

And know what? Iz will have lived in a foreign country for X years and still won't speak the language.

That's all I have.

• Love 1
(edited)

The kid is almost a year old now ( he will be in a couple of days). In her world, that would be a long time between pregnancies especially between a first and second child. Then again I thought she looked  kinda pregnant on her show on the episodes they filmed in November. 

Edited by Temperance
(edited)

And know what? Iz will have lived in a foreign country for X years and still won't speak the language.

Dare I hope that they're using Spanish words with Izzy all the time and trying themselves and encouraging others to speak to him in Spanish often? This would be great for them -- help motivate them in their learning and maybe even speed it up -- and a wonderful thing for Izzy, for the rest of his life. He'd take to it like a duck to water and possibly bring his parents along with him a bit in his wake. Anybody who truly has a heart for homeschooling would be thrilled with this opportunity and try hard to take advantage of it ..... So I suppose I dare not hope -- but I'm going to hope anyway.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5

That's all I have.

That reminds me, what happened to the Spanish lessons that they made such a big deal about and that apparently took up such a big chunk of their time? We haven't heard anything about that lately. I'm guessing that learning Spanish proved too difficult and was quietly dropped ("Derick, I can't understand what happened! I watched a real Hispanic person speak Spanish for two whole hours and I still can't speak a word! I should be an expert by now!")

• Love 3

I had braces 55 years ago, back in the Dark Ages of Orthodontia. My front teeth are slightly off center because I have a missing back tooth on one side. No one seems to notice but I certainly do! I assumed such a thing wouldn't happen with today's techniques. Then along comes Derrick, whose front teeth are really off, at least a quarter of an inch. Are his braces supposed to fix that? Does anyone know why he had the jaw surgery and if this was supposed to be the result? I can't see how his face will be symmetrical again without another surgery. 

• Love 2

I don't know what the end game is with Derick's surgery, but I don't remember his alignment being so off prior to the procedure. He had the work done a year ago. Either the doctor botched the job or Derick isn't keeping up with his appointments. There should've been some improvement by now.

• Love 2

All I can offer is that one of my kids had an offset jaw and bringing the teeth into alignment with the nose was the last thing that they did.  I have to wonder who is checking Derick's braces with the moving that they have done.  It's definitely ideal to have done things as he has.

It looks as if his teeth are in line with the lower jaw. The lower jaw and teeth are out of alignment with the upper half of the face. If the braces pull his teeth over to match the upper lip, it will still look strange.

I am a graduate of the Duggar school of facial and orthodontic surgery, by the way. I look at my own face and teeth in a mirror everyday, so I am an expert in these matters. I accept food and prayers in payment if any of you need my help.

• Love 10

I had braces 55 years ago, back in the Dark Ages of Orthodontia. My front teeth are slightly off center because I have a missing back tooth on one side. No one seems to notice but I certainly do! I assumed such a thing wouldn't happen with today's techniques. Then along comes Derrick, whose front teeth are really off, at least a quarter of an inch. Are his braces supposed to fix that? Does anyone know why he had the jaw surgery and if this was supposed to be the result? I can't see how his face will be symmetrical again without another surgery.

Frankly, that's the most interesting story going on with these two and we get nada nothing zilch zero.
  • Love 5

Frankly, that's the most interesting story going on with these two and we get nada nothing zilch zero.

Guessing that's because it's an actual story and not, you know, whatever those things are that they do deign to show and/or discuss.

• Love 4

The Duggars could frame Derrick's jaw surgery in any way they choose, but they choose not to mention it at all--because a shaggy beard, hippy hair, and a semi-distant location make it all invisible. I sense a problem here, especially in content for a spin-off show that suffers from a lack of any substance of interest. 

Derrick has the right to reveal anything or nothing about his personal situation. However, income from fame-whoring, especially with D-class celebrities, comes with certain obligations. 

• Love 4

The Duggars could frame Derrick's jaw surgery in any way they choose, but they choose not to mention it at all--because a shaggy beard, hippy hair, and a semi-distant location make it all invisible. I sense a problem here, especially in content for a spin-off show that suffers from a lack of any substance of interest. 

Derrick has the right to reveal anything or nothing about his personal situation. However, income from fame-whoring, especially with D-class celebrities, comes with certain obligations. 

Derick's jaw surgery was featured on an episode of 19 Kids and Counting.  He's the one that made it public knowledge in the first place.

• Love 2

Derick's jaw surgery was featured on an episode of 19 Kids and Counting.  He's the one that made it public knowledge in the first place.

As well as his own mother's cancer.

• Love 3

Other than saying he had surgery, did he explain anything? It seems a bit of an elephant in the room.

• Love 2

Other than saying he had surgery, did he explain anything? It seems a bit of an elephant in the room.

I don't think Derick ever went into the details. Maybe he's self-conscious about it, but it would definitely make for a more interesting storyline than fake mission work. The Little Couple has featured their medical issues on their show, and it's actually quite interesting to learn about dwarfism and how it affects them long term.

I'm guessing Derick's health issues involve too much science and we all know science is scary and bad.

• Love 9

I don't think Derick ever went into the details. Maybe he's self-conscious about it, but it would definitely make for a more interesting storyline than fake mission work. The Little Couple has featured their medical issues on their show, and it's actually quite interesting to learn about dwarfism and how it affects them long term.

I'm guessing Derick's health issues involve too much science and we all know science is scary and bad.

I think Derick's dental work was purely for cosmetic reasons and his image as a 'reality TV star.'  You certainly don't need perfect teeth to be a real missionary. 

• Love 3

Derick may have been experiencing jaw pain.  Misaligned jaws and teeth can cause quite a bit of pain and frequently that's the reason for adults getting braces or surgery.  Although given the Duggars, vanity can't be ruled out either.

• Love 8

Derick may have been experiencing jaw pain.  Misaligned jaws and teeth can cause quite a bit of pain and frequently that's the reason for adults getting braces or surgery.  Although given the Duggars, vanity can't be ruled out either.

I understand that, but Derick's parents both had good jobs and health insurance with those jobs, so I am sure a serious problem would have been noticed before he met Jill and his parents would have taken care of it.  That's why I think that his dental work was just for cosmetic reasons.  Remember that Jim Bob called a plastic surgeon when his daughter fell off of her bike instead of just taking her to a hospital emergency room.  And, he said it was because he was concerned about her appearance (not her health!).

There's nothing wrong with cosmetic dentistry or some plastic surgery, but they both seem to go against the grain of the Duggar-stated-philosophy of "letting God decide."    

• Love 4

I understand that, but Derick's parents both had good jobs and health insurance with those jobs, so I am sure a serious problem would have been noticed before he met Jill and his parents would have taken care of it.

My alignment issues and TMJ pain didn't start till I was around Derrick's age. It's dangerous to assume. Plus The Dillards had TV shows and magazine covers at the time of engagement. Looking homely hasn't hurt Jill's career much.

• Love 4

My alignment issues and TMJ pain didn't start till I was around Derrick's age. It's dangerous to assume. Plus The Dillards had TV shows and magazine covers at the time of engagement. Looking homely hasn't hurt Jill's career much.

Awwww!!!

Jaw problems can happen at any age and they aren't all predictable.  Derick may have had something happen like an accident that caused an issue, stress could have been a problem, or reaching his final growth, or something else.  Or it could have been something Jill asked him to do. 

• Love 1

Jaw problems can happen at any age and they aren't all predictable.  Derick may have had something happen like an accident that caused an issue, stress could have been a problem, or reaching his final growth, or something else.  Or it could have been something Jill asked him to do. 

? ? ?  Dare I ask?

• Love 2

ROTFL.  I just meant cosmetically Jill may have thought straight aligned teeth would look better on TV, but then they had fiasco. 

Maybe, but gummy-smile Jill shouldn't be giving dental advice to anyone if that's the case. 

• Love 7

Derrick didn't go into detail about the surgery because the oral surgeon didn't gift the procedure.  If it was a comp'd procedure in exchange for feature on the program, we would have heard all about it.

• Love 10

I also think that braces don't seem to be a medical issue for a lot of parents. For many they seem only cosmetic and never even bring their children in for a consult. One of my kids had a beautiful smile but needed more orthodontia work than another child whose mouth was an over crowded mess. And I've never known anyone who has had good dental insurance, maybe a thousand to two thousand dollars, and that doesn't cover the full cost of braces.

Whatever the reason for Derick's adult dental work, its gotta suck; the pain and the facial disfigurement all filmed on TV. I imagine it wouldn't feel good for the most secure adult in the privacy of their daily life. Bad timing Derick, bad timing.

• Love 1

Happy Birthday Izzy. I'm glad Grandma Cathy was able to join you in CA for your celebration. On the Dullards site, there is a letter written by Jerick to Izzy. There are some pictures showing his box mix birthday cake. I've used box cake mixes many times but there is also a picture of Jill holding the box like she was so proud she was able to follow the directions & make the cake. Geez... The first picture is Izzy sitting in his Bop It chair on top of the table with the cake. (Isn't he too old & too big to still be sitting in that thing?) Once again, there is so much clutter & crap behind them on the counters that's all you seem to notice. He does look like he's having fun & he is one tall baby.

• Love 1
(edited)

Happy Birthday Izzy. I'm glad Grandma Cathy was able to join you in CA for your celebration. On the Dullards site, there is a letter written by Jerick to Izzy. There are some pictures showing his box mix birthday cake. I've used box cake mixes many times but there is also a picture of Jill holding the box like she was so proud she was able to follow the directions & make the cake. Geez... The first picture is Izzy sitting in his Bop It chair on top of the table with the cake. (Isn't he too old & too big to still be sitting in that thing?) Once again, there is so much clutter & crap behind them on the counters that's all you seem to notice. He does look like he's having fun & he is one tall baby.

1sk5k2.jpg

295zv52.jpg

2j2bvc6.jpg

2nqbr51.jpg

2db2qty.jpg

Edited by Kokapetl

Oddly enough, the box cake mix is the one thing I won't criticize Jill on. I think I'm just so over the trend of elaborate children's parties that kids won't even remember a week later. I miss the days when birthday parties consisted of hot dogs, a few games and those cakes with the Barbies stuck in the middle.

• Love 13
(edited)

Their "dangerous, third-world" kitchen is one hell of a lot fancier than mine. Albeit definitely not as tidy.

ETA: Is that not the dangerous, third world? How many messy kitchens with fancy appliances do they have?

Edited by Aja
  • Love 3

2db2qty.jpg

That picture is disgusting!  I can't believe that's the way they are teaching him to eat:  sitting on the table and destroying a cake.  What are they thinking?

• Love 2

That picture is disgusting!  I can't believe that's the way they are teaching him to eat:  sitting on the table and destroying a cake.  What are they thinking?

I'm thinking it's a smash cake... It's a new thing I guess,  In my day you gave a baby a piece of cake to smash up and eat on their 1st birthday ... now a days it's a whole little cake of their own... 

• Love 6

ETA: Is that not the dangerous, third world? How many messy kitchens with fancy appliances do they have?

A water cooler. They're really living on the edge of death.

Happy You-Almost-Killed-Yourself-For-Jesus-Day, Jill. Or maybe Modern Science Saved My Baby Day...

• Love 12