Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

If Jill "is on Wifi today", as if that's an unusual occurrence, why is she posting birthday wishes to someone she lives with on the internet?  One who presume that he has the same unreliable internet she has, and will not see the message until the next time they have connectivity.  Of course, we all know that is an untruth-I live near a major US city, where the military signal school is located, and I have less reliable internet/phone/wifi than the missioncationeers do.

Also, who is that man that Jill is kissing in that picture?  Sure does not look like the Derick of today....

• Love 6

How much do you want to bet she posted that birthday message while sitting in Starbucks sipping a Frappucino? Jill and Derick know they have to keep those love offerings rolling in, so they're working every angle they can.

• Love 8
(edited)

I don't remember Jill telling her dad that she and Derrick would try to have at least as many kids as her parents.  That's doubtful, not only because she is already way behind, she didn't have an uncomplicated labor, and her mother had two sets of multiples.  But Jill has no brain.

The best time of her life, and of Jessa's, was when they were courting and then engaged.  It's really odd and offputting to me that they were automatically out of their "jurisdictions" because they were "in love".

To be fair I think she said it before Israel was born. But she definitely said  she wanted as many if not more kids as her parents (and I think more than once).  The conversation I referred to was at her wedding right before she and her dad walked down the aisle and she married Derrick. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2
(edited)

why does she thank Derick for changing diapers and doing household chores

Probably because in her world it's unusual to have a man actually pitch in and help with "women's work." I'm glad she seems to appreciate it.

I actually like his awful beard just for its sheer unGothardness.

Edited by Matryoshka
  • Love 7
(edited)

I actually like his awful beard just for its sheer unGothardness.

That's a good point. I'm learning from I Fired God that the Gothard grooming standards for men are nowhere near as exhaustive as they are for women, but every bit as ridiculous and nonsensical, and nowhere do shaggy hair and bushy beards come into the equation. I hope it's a sign that at least Derick isn't as fanatical and not just "this is what the next generation of Quiverfull freaks is going to look like."

Edited by Aja
  • Love 6

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCtFMQqrszh/

Happy birthday wish to Derick, from Jill.

He's so great what does she have to cry about? 'A shoulder to cry on'.  What does she have to blab about late at night that he isn't around during the entire day to hear?  She's not pregnant again yet because the sex obviously isn't anything to brag about.  Not like the laundry and the diapers, talking and crying. 

• Love 3

If Derick was smart, he would buy some ear plugs or cotton to stuff into his ears, so he would not have to listen to Jill's late night talk fest. Five minutes of listening to her talk and her teenage girl giggling would make a normal person want to beat his or her head against the wall, go screaming into the night, or wish to be kidnap by a dangerous criminal.

So I guess she is thanking Derick for not being JB?

And hell, who wouldn't? Remember Jack Torrance's "novel" from The Shining? "All work and no play make Jack a dull boy." Jill's gratitude journal: "I'm thankful Derrick doesn't look like Daddy. I'm thankful Derrick doesn't look like Daddy."

• Love 3

I can't understand the closer to Jesus everyday. Did he stray from Jesus? When I hear the phrase, "He's closer to Jesus now," it's usually at a funeral. Just an odd thing to say.

I thought that rang sort of odd myself...it almost sounds as though maybe some of his thoughts don't line up with what she has been brought up with as far as what brings one closer to Jesus. As though he might not yet have completed the metamorphosis to 100% Duggar and she has been up praying about it.

• Love 2

On wifi today, just as her show's media campaign begins. How convenient.

Have they even converted one person yet?

I noticed that in the Jerick preview segments that she's wearing that same wretched tee shirt when they're traipsing out "in the field." So yeah, no more than an hour from their home base, at most. IT WAS THE SAME FUCKING DAY they taped footage in their house! They probably just made another trip to Mama Carmen's. 

Dullards: You're not fooling anyone who is reasonably intelligent and/or observant. Good luck with that method acting gig. 

• Love 4

I noticed that in the Jerick preview segments that she's wearing that same wretched tee shirt when they're traipsing out "in the field." So yeah, no more than an hour from their home base, at most. IT WAS THE SAME FUCKING DAY they taped footage in their house! They probably just made another trip to Mama Carmen's. 

Dullards: You're not fooling anyone who is reasonably intelligent and/or observant. Good luck with that method acting gig. 

I can't wait to see how this plays out on the show (yes, I do watch it). Taking folks for a hike and bringing along your baby, roughing it in a home with walls, a roof and modern amenities, nothing that appears as Zika precautions, etc. How can they not see that this is not only not mission work, but huge fodder for their viewers?

• Love 4

On wifi today, just as her show's media campaign begins. How convenient.

Have they even converted one person yet?

Didn't they convert somebody the first time they went, a soon as they got there? I remember some story about a woman and her son, and they converted the son from being a lapsed churchgoer of some variety to a current churchgoer? And maybe the mother, too? I seem to remember there were visits to both of them, bible reading, praise the lord, etc.  I'm pretty sure they quickly recounted that conversion story -- such as it was -- but I don't remember another one since. Kinda strange. Maybe the guy and his mother told them to shut up about their spiritual journeys on the Internet or something so they got leery? Or maybe people stopped inviting them into the house. heh

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1

I also noticed Jill not wearing proper footwear or leggings while supposedly "roughing it". No hat for little Izzy. He's fair-skinned and probably burns in the sun. I guess no sun-block for the little guy either?

• Love 1

Didn't they convert somebody the first time they went, a soon as they got there? I remember some story about a woman and her son, and they converted the son from being a lapsed churchgoer of some variety to a current churchgoer? And maybe the mother, too? I seem to remember there were visits to both of them, bible reading, praise the lord, etc.  I'm pretty sure they quickly recounted that conversion story -- such as it was -- but I don't remember another one since. Kinda strange. Maybe the guy and his mother told them to shut up about their spiritual journeys on the Internet or something so they got leery? Or maybe people stopped inviting them into the house. heh

That was Jill's cleaning woman watching a DVD of WAR ROOM with them. Not a real conversion.

That was Jill's cleaning woman watching a DVD of WAR ROOM with them. Not a real conversion.

I don't think we're thinking of the same one. There's no War Room in the one I was remembering. It's the one from their blog, last July, when they first went. This -- the mother-son conversion:

"It is encouraging to already see some of the ways God is changing the hearts of the people here. Just 7 days ago, I had the joy of witnessing one elderly woman give lordship of her life to Christ. This transpired just one day after her Christian son was restored to fellowship in his local church. We were at the man’s house ministering to him with encouragement from God’s Word when the opportunity was presented to share the hope of the Gospel with his mother. It’s our prayer, and we ask you to please pray with us, that many more would repent of their ways and turn to God’s way for their life."

http://dillardfamily.com/blog?page=3

Edited by Churchhoney

Say what?  What transpired here?   Maybe :

this guy we know, Juan, had not been going to church faithfully.  He started drinking and beating on his wife.  When he repented and returned to church and asked his wife for forgiveness, the congregation, including us, were happy.  We went over to his house to wish him well and his mother was there.  His mother had not gone to church for some time and we guilted her into going since she was so happy to see that her son had decided to straighten up his act.  

But oh no they had to lay on the fancy pants language.  Gag me with a spoon.  On second thought forget the spoon, I can do it myself, with no intervention required by the lord, the dullards, a spoon, or even my finger.    Aaaand

I need a beer.

• Love 9

Say what?  What transpired here?   Maybe :

this guy we know, Juan, had not been going to church faithfully.  He started drinking and beating on his wife.  When he repented and returned to church and asked his wife for forgiveness, the congregation, including us, were happy.  We went over to his house to wish him well and his mother was there.  His mother had not gone to church for some time and we guilted her into going since she was so happy to see that her son had decided to straighten up his act.  

But oh no they had to lay on the fancy pants language.  Gag me with a spoon.  On second thought forget the spoon, I can do it myself, with no intervention required by the lord, the dullards, a spoon, or even my finger.    Aaaand

I need a beer.

I agree that story reads like a dressed-up "rededication" story, not a conversion story. "Lordship" in Evangelical-speak refers to a saved person allowing Christ total control of every aspect of your life. "You've made Jesus your Savior, but have you made him your Lord?" ... said every Baptist revival evangelist I ever heard.
  • Love 1

That's a good point. I'm learning from I Fired God that the Gothard grooming standards for men are nowhere near as exhaustive as they are for women, but every bit as ridiculous and nonsensical, and nowhere do shaggy hair and bushy beards come into the equation. I hope it's a sign that at least Derick isn't as fanatical and not just "this is what the next generation of Quiverfull freaks is going to look like."

I thought that rang sort of odd myself...it almost sounds as though maybe some of his thoughts don't line up with what she has been brought up with as far as what brings one closer to Jesus. As though he might not yet have completed the metamorphosis to 100% Duggar and she has been up praying about it.

I don't think that's what she meant. The "closer to Jesus" concept is classic fundy-speak and isn't usually supposed to imply that the person wasn't already.

Great point about male grooming! Gothard absolutely does not like long hair or beards on men so you all can snark but I'm viewing Derrick's look as something to be thankful for!

• Love 2

When was that picture taken?

That is Derrick? Isn't it?

I wonder if they kiss like that when they aren't taking pics of it.  Maybe Derrick needs a stand in for photos now, like a stunt double.  Last time we saw him he looked quite the caveman.   

I agree that story reads like a dressed-up "rededication" story, not a conversion story. "Lordship" in Evangelical-speak refers to a saved person allowing Christ total control of every aspect of your life. "You've made Jesus your Savior, but have you made him your Lord?" ... said every Baptist revival evangelist I ever heard.

Yeah, that's a good point. My confusion is how far from their brand of Christianity you have to be to count as a conversion. They're in heavily Catholic countries -- countries that have been Catholic for centuries -- and there are various Protestant churches there, too. Plus, I've heard the lordship language applied to switching somebody from a "false" church to a "true" one, as well, not just for "strengthening the faith" in somebody who was already in the "right" church.

For example, in the past I had fundie relatives try to switch me over from the United Church of Christ -- a way wrong church (I attended it pretty much as a still searching atheist but they didn't know that) -- to their belief systems. And I know they used the "lordship" language, and they definitely believed they would have been converting me. (of course, they aren't highly schooled missionaries like Derick and Jill, but still...ha)     Anyway, what do you think would count as conversions in an already Christian country?

I was thinking that the son in this story was a rededication thing who went back to a Baptist church but that his mother was maybe a Catholic (or a Seventh Day Adventist, or some other Christian sect that's proselytized heavily in CA), so that her move to their brand of church would count as a conversion. But does it? And is the "lordship" language actually a sign that, no, she wasn't a Catholic or LDS or whatever, but had already been converted to Baptist and was just lacking in fervor?

How far do you have to be from their brand of Christianity to count as a conversion? Can you convert a Catholic, Lutheran, Episcopalian, Presbyterian? I seem to remember that John Shrader called it conversion when he moved some guys over from a "wrong" church that they'd converted to earlier to his "right" church, but he didn't say which "wrong" church it was, except that it definitely considered itself Christian.

Anyway, I'm getting even more confused about what would constitute conversion for them in countries that already have tons of people who consider themselves Christians. Central America, as far as I know, is pretty light on pagans, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists and so on. Are there rules for this written down somewhere? And I assume that different groups would have to have different rules. Both Baptists and Methodists are missionary churches, for example, so would a Baptist missionary think he/she had got a conversion by convincing a Methodist to jump ship?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4

I also noticed Jill not wearing proper footwear or leggings while supposedly "roughing it". No hat for little Izzy. He's fair-skinned and probably burns in the sun. I guess no sun-block for the little guy either?

I was thinking the same thing.  How can she hike with those stupid, fugly flip-flops/sandals?   It's a wonder she doesn't fall or god forbid hurt the baby. 

They are so stupid --- at least put a pair of sneakers on... I'm sure they have those at Walmart down the street.

Edited by MissT
  • Love 3

I was thinking the same thing.  How can she hike with those stupid, fugly flip-flops/sandals?   It's a wonder she doesn't fall or god forbid hurt the baby. 

They are so stupid --- at least put a pair of sneakers on... I'm sure they have those at Walmart down the street.

I blame her upbringing on this one. Her parents didn't want to pay for real shoes for their girls and made them walk all over in those stupid flip-flops.  They went everywhere in them including all of their volunteer activities including going to places like construction sites (places where real shoes are usually required in case someone drops a nail, a hammer, etc.) and all kinds of places where they could have injured themselves. If her parents didn't care or know to protect their kids' feet, why would Jill think to protect her feet?

• Love 3

Jill is how old? In her twenties. If she cannot figure out wearing flip-flops in certain areas is not a bright idea, she has only herself to blame. I remember sitting in the back seat without a seat belt while growing up because my parents did not think I needed to wear one. If I end up being seriously injured or killed because I did not wear a seat belt should I blame my parents because they did not take the time to explain the dangers of not wearing a seat belt. Jill is suppose to be a responsible young wife and mother. If she does not have the sense God gave a goose about proper foot wear then the fault lies with her, not her parents. 

I don't think that's what she meant. The "closer to Jesus" concept is classic fundy-speak and isn't usually supposed to imply that the person wasn't already.

Great point about male grooming! Gothard absolutely does not like long hair or beards on men so you all can snark but I'm viewing Derrick's look as something to be thankful for!

I feel like, it's a fundy-against-hippies thing they can't let go of, even though the seventies were 40 years ago.

• Love 4

Yeah, that's a good point. My confusion is how far from their brand of Christianity you have to be to count as a conversion. They're in heavily Catholic countries -- countries that have been Catholic for centuries -- and there are various Protestant churches there, too. Plus, I've heard the lordship language applied to switching somebody from a "false" church to a "true" one, as well, not just for "strengthening the faith" in somebody who was already in the "right" church.

For example, in the past I had fundie relatives try to switch me over from the United Church of Christ -- a way wrong church (I attended it pretty much as a still searching atheist but they didn't know that) -- to their belief systems. And I know they used the "lordship" language, and they definitely believed they would have been converting me. (of course, they aren't highly schooled missionaries like Derick and Jill, but still...ha)     Anyway, what do you think would count as conversions in an already Christian country?

I was thinking that the son in this story was a rededication thing who went back to a Baptist church but that his mother was maybe a Catholic (or a Seventh Day Adventist, or some other Christian sect that's proselytized heavily in CA), so that her move to their brand of church would count as a conversion. But does it? And is the "lordship" language actually a sign that, no, she wasn't a Catholic or LDS or whatever, but had already been converted to Baptist and was just lacking in fervor?

How far do you have to be from their brand of Christianity to count as a conversion? Can you convert a Catholic, Lutheran, Episcopalian, Presbyterian? I seem to remember that John Shrader called it conversion when he moved some guys over from a "wrong" church that they'd converted to earlier to his "right" church, but he didn't say which "wrong" church it was, except that it definitely considered itself Christian.

Anyway, I'm getting even more confused about what would constitute conversion for them in countries that already have tons of people who consider themselves Christians. Central America, as far as I know, is pretty light on pagans, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists and so on. Are there rules for this written down somewhere? And I assume that different groups would have to have different rules. Both Baptists and Methodists are missionary churches, for example, so would a Baptist missionary think he/she had got a conversion by convincing a Methodist to jump ship?

That is a great question! Basically, I think they would answer you that many branches of Christianity are not correct because they have rules and ideas that are not exclusively lifted from the bible. So they would say that anyone who has not gotten to their knees and prayed the official "sinner's prayer," that you need a savior from hell and want Jesus to be your personal Lord and Savior, then you are in need of converting and saving from hellfire.

So yes, they do think most Catholics need converting, but it's more about the sinner's prayer than any particular denomination. (Actually, many of the fundies I know are non-denominational -- which is the case any time you see a church called "Hillside Bible Church" or something like that.)

I feel like, it's a fundy-against-hippies thing they can't let go of, even though the seventies were 40 years ago.

Yes! It's a whole thing that they call being "counter-cultural," which is a hopelessly outdated term because it's not any kind of big, rebellious deal for guys to have long hair, earrings, etc. in this day and age.

Edited by becca3891
  • Love 3

That is a great question! Basically, I think they would answer you that many branches of Christianity are not correct because they have rules and ideas that are not exclusively lifted from the bible. So they would say that anyone who has not gotten to their knees and prayed the official "sinner's prayer," that you need a savior from hell and want Jesus to be your personal Lord and Savior, then you are in need of converting and saving from hellfire.

So yes, they do think most Catholics need converting, but it's more about the sinner's prayer than any particular denomination. (Actually, many of the fundies I know are non-denominational -- which is the case any time you see a church called "Hillside Bible Church" or something like that.)

Thanks!

That's pretty much what I thought. Somebody up above, though, said that the "lordship" language meant that the guy's mom was not being converted but only rededicated, whereas I thought that the guy was being rededicated but that the way she was described could mean that she had been converted from Catholicism or whatever into the "accepting Jesus as your personal savior" Christianity branch. .... I guess we still have no answer about whether they thought that was a conversion, though, since there doesn't seem to be a consensus here about whether the "lordship" word gets used for that. And of course we have no idea which side of that fence the Dulls come down on.

I think I'll stick to my story that they did describe one conversion very early on -- the mom -- but don't seem to have described one since! Which is interesting.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1

Remind me again what the sinner's prayer is.  I was thinking it was the Our Father who art in heaven prayer.

Weirdly, the sinner's prayer is not lifted directly from the bible! Even though the folks who stake everything on it are the ones who are dogmatic in "bible only." So the wording might vary a bit from person to person/church to church but basically it amounts to, "Dear Heavenly Father, I know that I am a sinner deserving of hell, and I ask for your forgiveness. I believe you sent your son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for my sins and rise from the dead. I turn from my sins and invite you to come into my heart. Amen."

Maybe this explains to you a bit why they feel "missionary work" is so needed -- they really do believe that anyone who has not understood and uttered this prayer is going to scream and burn for eternity. And that, or course, would be the majority of the world, considering that many self-identifying Christians have not even prayed it!

• Love 3

Weirdly, the sinner's prayer is not lifted directly from the bible! Even though the folks who stake everything on it are the ones who are dogmatic in "bible only." So the wording might vary a bit from person to person/church to church but basically it amounts to, "Dear Heavenly Father, I know that I am a sinner deserving of hell, and I ask for your forgiveness. I believe you sent your son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for my sins and rise from the dead. I turn from my sins and invite you to come into my heart. Amen."

Maybe this explains to you a bit why they feel "missionary work" is so needed -- they really do believe that anyone who has not understood and uttered this prayer is going to scream and burn for eternity. And that, or course, would be the majority of the world, considering that many self-identifying Christians have not even prayed it!

Those are really good and interesting points. Especially interesting that they pin so much on a prayer that isn't directly out of the Bible and also can vary between these oh-so-by-the-letter churches/believers, since, as far as I can tell, utterances very very similar to that particular prayer are part of worship in pretty much all of the churches that they condemn as wrongheaded.

For example, this from the Catholic mass-- "Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed."              It says pretty much the same thing, as far as I can tell. ... And similar things everywhere -- all the different creeds, for example.

Why they think they're so different in this belief really escapes me.

• Love 9

Those are really good and interesting points. Especially interesting that they pin so much on a prayer that isn't directly out of the Bible and also can vary between these oh-so-by-the-letter churches/believers, since, as far as I can tell, utterances very very similar to that particular prayer are part of worship in pretty much all of the churches that they condemn as wrongheaded.

For example, this from the Catholic mass-- "Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed."              It says pretty much the same thing, as far as I can tell. ... And similar things everywhere -- all the different creeds, for example.

Why they think they're so different in this belief really escapes me.

I think we might drive ourselves nuts if we try to analyze the fundie's true relationship to the Bible. I think it's more adherence to a handful of master manipulators who have penchants for teenage girls. They need to separate to maintain control, and interpret the Bible accordingly.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 7

As long as Derick and Jill are convincing people to mutter a prayer they may or may not understand and/or agree with, they are doing the Lord's work.  Going to Latin America to do so is the icing on the cake.  They are saving brown people.  They get extra fundy points for that!

• Love 6

Thanks!

That's pretty much what I thought. Somebody up above, though, said that the "lordship" language meant that the guy's mom was not being converted but only rededicated, whereas I thought that the guy was being rededicated but that the way she was described could mean that she had been converted from Catholicism or whatever into the "accepting Jesus as your personal savior" Christianity branch. .... I guess we still have no answer about whether they thought that was a conversion, though, since there doesn't seem to be a consensus here about whether the "lordship" word gets used for that. And of course we have no idea which side of that fence the Dulls come down on.

I think I'll stick to my story that they did describe one conversion very early on -- the mom -- but don't seem to have described one since! Which is interesting.

"Rededication" is "recommitment" which is when I was complaining a few weeks ago, about the emotional, usually teen-girl, nitwits who run up to every altar call given at every CCM concert or retreat; because every time they show up and are reminded they are not as good as they ought to be, or might not be as good Christians as they ought to be, they are immediately paralyzed with fear and worry that they need to Do Something, or else God won't believe they're internally sincere.  I can't recall its taking any particular form except it usually comes after teaching people what they must do to be born again.  Which, in passing, I note does exist, John ch. 3, NIV, below:

Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2 He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”

3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.[a]”

4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

So, 'born of water' - "baptism", I guess we can figure interpreted fundamentally as "the adult form" - plus the Holy Ghost/Spirit, you have to have some kind of conversion experience where you feel the spirit move within you.  (I figure this is probably where the confusion and uncertainty in the hearts and minds of the weak and easily craving recommitment, comes from.)  

[/attempted explanation]  Attempted topic starts here:  There's a pretty recent survey was being pushed around in connection with trying to define "evangelicals".  It was determined that there is a large percentage of "evangelical Catholics".  I think there's some question about who was doing the characterization - the Catholics/evangelicals/whomever, or the politicians - in this particular case, but there is some category of overlap regardless.  I've heard about "born-again Catholics", and surely a lot of people other than me have heard of "Jews for Jesus", which would probably be pretty sure to have "born-again delegates" because it's extremely hard to imagine a Jewish person being convinced enough to join this movement, without they thought Jesus was the savior/divine/Messiah.

Eta:  I knew I wasn't making it up:

Catholic Charismatic Renewal is a spiritual movement within the Catholic Church that incorporates aspects of both Catholic and charismatic practice. It places an emphasis on having a personal relationship with Jesus and expressing the gifts of the Spirit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Charismatic_Renewal

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 1

That was hilarious!  Michelle always said that Jim Bob had learning disabilities.  That video substantiates.

Oops. Just realized this is the Dullards' topic. Moving my reply over to the JB and Michelle area.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 1

They can do anything in flip flops and skirts.

Man I would be too depressed to look at/share pics from my honeymoon if my husband had looked like a normal human on the honeymoon but now looks like he's been living in a dumpster for months.

Well, you know, sometimes what's on the outside reflects what's on the inside. And Derick's been living in the Dumpster of Duggardom for a good two years now. I guess the countenance reflects the soul.

• Love 3

Jill's apartment was pretty darn messy for someone who knew that TLC cameras were coming.

My house is often messy but I would spend a few days/hours cleaning up if my mess were going to be broadcast to the world. No way would I have crap piled on my counters and stuff just thrown around. I know they have a child but it's not like TLC rang their doorbell and screamed "surprise!!!!". Jill isn't that busy that she can't pick up some stuff. Or at least hide crap in a closet, not that I would EVER do that. ;)

(that was from J&JCO First Look)

• Love 13

Jill's apartment was pretty darn messy for someone who knew that TLC cameras were coming.

My house is often messy but I would spend a few days/hours cleaning up if my mess were going to be broadcast to the world. No way would I have crap piled on my counters and stuff just thrown around. I know they have a child but it's not like TLC rang their doorbell and screamed "surprise!!!!". Jill isn't that busy that she can't pick up some stuff. Or at least hide crap in a closet, not that I would EVER do that. ;)

The Duggar kids are all very lazy, dislike any kind of work and are used to living in a dirty, chaotic environment. Jill probably didn't see anything wrong with the way the apartment looked and may have even felt that the mess would help foster the impression that she and Derick are so busy saving souls that they don't have any time for housework.

• Love 4

Well, she spends all her time trying to convert the maid. That can't be good for cleanliness.

• Love 5

Jill doesn't impress as a neat and tidy person. I'm just surprised she didn't shove stuff in a closet. Shows she doesn't know any better. jessa's house is neat when TLC comes calling!

Derick's hygiene is questionable too.

• Love 2