Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Mosquitos are quite adept at biting right through clothes, too. It's happened to me many times. They need to get the hell out of there.

They need to leave or start using birth control.

Zika will be here in the United States before too long and those Southern gothardites will be susceptible to the Zika virus.  I guess the only answer for them is abstinence.  But then what happens to God's army?  God is certainly challenging them!  And to think, they don't even believe in the science that will one day provide the cure. 

• Love 5

Zika will be here in the United States before too long and those Southern gothardites will be susceptible to the Zika virus.  I guess the only answer for them is abstinence.  But then what happens to God's army?  God is certainly challenging them!  And to think, they don't even believe in the science that will one day provide the cure. 

I actually saw on Facebook yesterday, one of Franklin Graham's followers said, "When science and God collide I will always go with God."

Easily the dumbest thing I've read on the Internet so far this week.

• Love 12

Zika will be here in the United States before too long and those Southern gothardites will be susceptible to the Zika virus. I guess the only answer for them is abstinence. But then what happens to God's army? God is certainly challenging them! And to think, they don't even believe in the science that will one day provide the cure.

It already is if the news reports are accurate. I think so far it's all been people who were traveling, but I'm sure the mosquitos don't care and have been biting the travelers.

• Love 1

I actually saw on Facebook yesterday, one of Franklin Graham's followers said, "When science and God collide I will always go with God."

Easily the dumbest thing I've read on the Internet so far this week.

What a stunningly stupid badge of honor, ignoring scientific data to suck up to God.

Maybe they should go with: "Trust in God, but still tie up your camel" I would have said Allah, but we know how that would have gone over with them. It's one thing to trust your faith in God, but why make him do all the work? 

• Love 5

I honestly think if there is a mass outbreak of Zika in the states, the gothardites will just go on doing what they do. They will continue to have babies and if those babies are born microencephalic, well that's just God's will. Scary but that's how they seem to think.

• Love 4

It already is if the news reports are accurate. I think so far it's all been people who were traveling, but I'm sure the mosquitos don't care and have been biting the travelers.

And the mosquitos are also going to be traveling. Northward.

• Love 1

Zika is already in the United States. Colorado reported two cases this week. This is not a Duggar problem, but everyone's problem.

But it's not being transmitted by mosquitoes here, as of yet, mostly because in most of the country the mosquitoes are still dormant.  The cases that aren't in people who've recently traveled from a high-risk zone have been in the sexual partners of those travelers (mostly male-to-partner transmission, I've heard--generally diseases get sexually transmitted much more easily from the "pitcher" to the "catcher", as it were).

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing Zika transmitted by mosquitoes in South Florida soon, and it will indeed work its way north.  Rather like West Nile virus did in the late 90's, except that spread more east-to-west (and it also resembed Zika in that it used to be considered harmless to humans until an apparent mutation).

• Love 2

But it's not being transmitted by mosquitoes here, as of yet, mostly because in most of the country the mosquitoes are still dormant.  The cases that aren't in people who've recently traveled from a high-risk zone have been in the sexual partners of those travelers (mostly male-to-partner transmission, I've heard--generally diseases get sexually transmitted much more easily from the "pitcher" to the "catcher", as it were).

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing Zika transmitted by mosquitoes in South Florida soon, and it will indeed work its way north.  Rather like West Nile virus did in the late 90's, except that spread more east-to-west (and it also resembed Zika in that it used to be considered harmless to humans until an apparent mutation).

My point is... it is not a Duggar problem. It is a problem for all of us.

• Love 3

Have there been any confirm cases of microcephaly from zika infected women outside of Brazil? I keep reading different articles that say its the pesticides in the water in Brazil that could be causing the outbreak of the birth defects, not Zika but everything is conflicting.

I'm hoping for Jills and Derricks baby's sake, Zika isn't the true cause of the microcephaly...

• Love 2

My point is... it is not a Duggar problem. It is a problem for all of us.

Agreed--it is of concern to all of us. And will add that MOST of us would take extraordinary precautions to avoid conception under the direct threat of Zika. I'm not convinced the Duggars would take those precautions, and that's where Zika could become a Duggar-specific problem.

Michelle sallied forth with her 20th pregnancy even after the hell of her pre-eclamptic pregnancy and precipitous early birth of micro-premie Josie. With her own ignorant lips she spouted a twisted interpretation of John 15:13 in order to justify knowingly endangering her life to have a 20th baby: "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." She simpered on television, in so many words, that dying in the process of having a 20th child would be a great, glorious sacrifice on her part. That's sheer madness, and leaves me zero confidence that her daughters and sons will use intelligence and science-based reasoning to manage their own fertility.

• Love 11

They were only shin-length, though.

better than nothing and I'm sure she could wear longer leggings with a longer skirt. What's wrong with these people???

The whole thing is absurd. I grew up wearing skirts only but never to the point where it was an issue with a medical/health situation. So silly. (eye roll)

• Love 2

Speaking as someone who spends her summers in the mosquito infested Swedish North: leggings do sod all against mosquitos. If anything they appear to attract them, perhaps because they provide the little buggers with a nice comfy place to sit while they suck out your lifeblood. If you want to avoid mosquito bites you need denim or other dense fabrics, anything those little snouts can't penetrate.

• Love 9

You might have a point there. I have been bitten up pretty badly in leggings.

Jill needs some denim pants, in that case!

I'm pretty sure that's against the law in her mind...safety be damned.

• Love 2

Michelle sallied forth with her 20th pregnancy even after the hell of her pre-eclamptic pregnancy and precipitous early birth of micro-premie Josie. With her own ignorant lips she spouted a twisted interpretation of John 15:13 in order to justify knowingly endangering her life to have a 20th baby: "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

And I hope the mods will indulge me here...

What kind of brain-dead moron would leave 19 kids without a mother? I'd call her something much more obscene, but I'm attempting to maintain a shred of decorum here. We understand that she would believe she was showing the world how self-sacrificing and godly she was -- after all, she's a terminal narcissist that can't see anything or anyone else but what she wants in life -- but the fact she would choose death (and the never ending enslavement of her four oldest daughters) over exhibiting adult responsibility leaves me gobsmacked. Still.

This is Jilly Muffin's reproductive role model. And it is tragic that the girls in that family have been taught that maternal death is what Jesus and their twisted religious beliefs "would want" before the responsible use of birth control.

• Love 16

As long as Jilly Muffin isn't with child, Zika isn't harmful. If she is, she's a moron for thinking God will protect her.

As long as she isn't with child and is practicing either abstinence or some other form of birth control, that is. If she's following the ol' "however many kids God wants us to have" plan while there, then yikes.

What kind of brain-dead moron would leave 19 kids without a mother? I'd call her something much more obscene, but I'm attempting to maintain a shred of decorum here. We understand that she would believe she was showing the world how self-sacrificing and godly she was -- after all, she's a terminal narcissist that can't see anything or anyone else but what she wants in life -- but the fact she would choose death (and the never ending enslavement of her four oldest daughters) over exhibiting adult responsibility leaves me gobsmacked. Still.

This is Jilly Muffin's reproductive role model. And it is tragic that the girls in that family have been taught that maternal death is what Jesus and their twisted religious beliefs "would want" before the responsible use of birth control.

Because Michelle doesn't give a crap about the kids, she just cares about getting attention and praise for being pregnant. She was literally willing to kill herself for it. Knowingly. She had to struggle to find doctors that would even support an attempt at another pregnancy, didn't she? That's not someone who is thinking about her childrens' future. That's someone who is thinking about herself. So far, Jilly has been a chip of the ol' block with the grifting and preening. Time will tell if she's willing to destroy herself and put Izzy and all her other offspring at risk to be SuperBirther also.

• Love 5

And I hope the mods will indulge me here...

Yet, I don't believe Michelle believed any harm would come to her, ever, regarding childbirth.

And I think this question was asked and answered, but I don't remember what was said. Did Michelle deliver the Miracle Licker early due to preeclampsia?

• Love 1
(edited)

Yet, I don't believe Michelle believed any harm would come to her, ever, regarding childbirth.

And I think this question was asked and answered, but I don't remember what was said. Did Michelle deliver the Miracle Licker early due to preeclampsia?

Miracle Licker is the funniest term I have heard in a very long time!  Thanks for the laugh.

I think MEchelle went to the hospital for some pain that she thought was kidney stones.  Call me callous, but I think she enjoyed the nine months or so that she was not even expected to be in the Duggar house while going to visit Josie every day.

Is it just me or does it seem like forever since Jill had a baby?  I am constantly surprised that she has gone so long, but then I remind myself that Iz is not even a year old.  Silly me.  I just hope that in those care packages Cathy sends, it includes many condoms. 

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 4
(edited)

I think Jessa may be the next to get pregnant.  She lives with the daily pressure of her cult's values.  Boob is probably dropping hints already.

I actually suspect that Jessa will or maybe already is using birth control. I didn't think so until seeing the Counting On specials, and how obsessed she was with hating her pregnant body and weight. That, combined with their adoption obsession and what they were also discussing on the show, the rules adoption agencies have regarding the time you have to wait after giving birth before adopting. I can't remember for sure how long it was, but I want to say a year? Without birth control, they'd never be between pregnancies long enough to adopt, and they have said in numerous interviews that they want to adopt many children.

Also, unlike Priscilla and Anna, she and Ben did not as far as I know have the "trusting god with the size of our family" in their wedding vows.

Edited by becca3891
  • Love 2

Jessa & Ben will adopt a child when one falls in their lap, and it will have to be a Fundy or private adoption, because no agency is going to place a child with a family that whacks infants with rods.  It may say nothing about a first kiss in the Bible, but they all believe it says no birth control. They may not chart and try for kids, but I doubt they're doing anything to stop it.

When you pull back the hair, make-up and selfies Jessa is fire & brimstone and money & fame hungry.

She'll be pregnant as soon as TLC says - sign here.

• Love 8

Can anyone link the TLC Dillard update video that's on the Duggar Family Blog site (Lily & Ellie's site)? Sorry, I can't on my tablet.

Derick starts by saying they're still in Central America doing mission work. He goes on that their family "is growing & changing every day." Hmmmm......They tell us that Israel's favorite food is bananas & to watch the new show. They show them from about chest up so we can't see Jill's stomach. They flash a few pictures,one of them sitting with Derick holding Israel & Jill holding a small baby. I think we've seen this picture before & the baby was from the midwives office she visited, not their baby. But I'm sure it will get people talking thinking they adopted the baby.

• Love 2

Good lord, why is every candid that Jill posts always child endangerment? When people talk about what good childminders the older girls are I have to go WTF? They can't raise kids, cook, clean, educate or behave properly. Reflexively smiling at the camera apparently gets you quite far in life.

(edited)

So on the news tonight they said that WHO (World Health Organization) is advising any pregnant women against traveling to places where Zika is spreading. 

While I believe Jill isn't pregnant, I am literally shocked if she isn't. It may seem like she just  had a baby, but in her world 11 months (and more) is a lot between pregnancies. Usually in my experience people who want big families have at least the first two closer together. 

So either a)  they are not worrying she might be pregnant or get pregnant and Zika, because they don't know what it is and it won't happen to them. 

or

b) They are not worried about being or getting pregnant because they are taking some kind of precautions (Abstinence, etc.)

If the latter, then Derrick is more of independent thinker than we give him credit for. I still remember Jill and JimBob's conversation before he walked her down the aisle. She told him that would try to have at least as many kids as him and her mother or even more. In reality she's almost 25 and has one kid. By the time Mechelle was 25 she had four kids.  

Edited by Temperance

I don't remember Jill telling her dad that she and Derrick would try to have at least as many kids as her parents.  That's doubtful, not only because she is already way behind, she didn't have an uncomplicated labor, and her mother had two sets of multiples.  But Jill has no brain.

The best time of her life, and of Jessa's, was when they were courting and then engaged.  It's really odd and off0putting to me that they were automatically out of their "jurisdictions" because they were "in love".

• Love 3
(edited)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCtFMQqrszh/

Happy birthday wish to Derick, from Jill.

Lmfao at "I'm on WiFi today." Puh-leeze. You live within driving distance to WalMart, Pizza Hut, Subway and a shopping mall. Your apartment has stainless steel appliances that House Hunters wives would cut a bitch over. Stop acting like you're out in the jungle and you only use the Internet one day a week when you make a hundred mile trek to the nearest shanty town. Girl, bye. Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 20

Lmfao at "I'm on WiFi today." Puh-leeze. You live within driving distance to WalMart, Pizza Hut, Subway and a shopping mall. Your apartment has stainless steel appliances that House Hunters wives would cut a bitch over. Stop acting like you're out in the jungle and you only use the Internet one day a week when you make a hundred mile trek to the nearest shanty town. Girl, bye.

Just the fact that she can get WiFi is proof that she isn't living out in the boonies.  And, why does she thank Derick for changing diapers and doing household chores, like he's some kind of J-slave that comes around to help out now and then?

• Love 5

Just the fact that she can get WiFi is proof that she isn't living out in the boonies.  And, why does she thank Derick for changing diapers and doing household chores, like he's some kind of J-slave that comes around to help out now and then?

Yep, its not like she is at home alone caring for Iz and Derick comes home from a 10 hour day at work and pitches in. They're both stay at home parents. Derick produces laundry and needs to eat. And Izzy is his kid. So I guess she is thanking Derick for not being JB?

• Love 4

I can't understand the closer to Jesus everyday. Did he stray from Jesus? When I hear the phrase, "He's closer to Jesus now," it's usually at a funeral. Just an odd thing to say.

• Love 9
(edited)

SERIOUSLY. Our lake house in the Ozarks ( in Missouri) doesn't even have wifi. Or Internet! No cable or even basic tv channels either! Just movies. Also no dishwasher or garbage disposal! When I go on vacation in America I am probably roughing it more than they are!!!!!

Can't wait to see how they try to justify their missioncation on Teevee. I hope they get ripped to shreds. 

I thought it was very telling she used an old photo of Derrick for his bday post. God, he used to be a pretty decent looking guy. I Don't love shaming people for their looks but he looks horrible- unkempt messy disgusting. cut your damn hair . I know his face got messed up but he really looks like he is turning into a wolf. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 8