Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I guess I'm going against the grain here but I thought the hammock video was really cute. There was at least one adult holding onto the hammock and another one close by, so he wasn't likely to flip out of the thing by accident. If anything it looked like he'd have a hard time getting OUT of the thing (looks like your average adult would struggle and potentially flip onto their face in the process), but luckily for Izzy he just has to get picked up.

The mosquito thing however, yes, that was definitely not good and tells me they aren't taking Zika seriously enough. I hope they had that whole patio area covered in kid-safe mosquito repellents - and Izzy too if there's anything safe you can use on kids that young. At very least he should've been more covered up.

• Love 2

Oh god, a bruise. Don't they know a bruise on their child makes them worse than Hitler?

im2nn5.jpg

Is that even a bruise, or just a smudge of dirt? 

As for his eye is it maybe the lighting/camera angle?  Jill's left side looks darker than her right too (particularly her eye). For that matter so does Derick's. I'm usually all over the snark... I must be going soft tonight lol.

(edited for typo)

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 4

Is that even a bruise, or just a smudge of dirt? 

As for his eye is it maybe the lighting/camera angle?  Jill's left side looks darker than her right too (particularly her eye). For that matter so does Derick's. I'm usually all over the snark... I must be going soft tonight lol.

(edited for typo)

Darkening of the left eye. Isn't that the sign of the devil? Especially when it comes in threes?

• Love 6

It does look like a faint bruise over his eye. But if he is learning to walk, bruises are inevitable. And his eyes look like he had been crying, although the left one looks worse, as it has in other pics. Maybe Jill was being silly to cheer him up and distract him.

• Love 5

It does look like a faint bruise over his eye. But if he is learning to walk, bruises are inevitable. And his eyes look like he had been crying, although the left one looks worse, as it has in other pics. Maybe Jill was being silly to cheer him up and distract him.

Though I'm usually all over it when it comes to a snarkportunity....I'm going to cut Jilly Muffin and Granola Boy some slack here. Izzy is learning to walk...they have tile floors...and down goes the little fella. My youngest nephew is all boy and finds a way to be covered in bruises no matter what he does. Izzy looks like a very happy baby most of the time..other than when taking a tumble or that awful swaddling picture looking like a grub having a meltdown.

• Love 7

I have no problem with Izzy's bruises either. My girls were ambitious early walkers and it was impossible to keep them from falling against furniture or playground equipment and banging their faces up. We had black eyes and lumps on foreheads, and one of them even needed stitches after falling against my bed while trying to kiss me good night. If anything I'd say it's a good sign that they're letting him explore and test his legs and not confining him to the dreaded blanket.

• Love 10

Lmfao! Derick seems okay with living off the grid, so I could see it happening.

Sort of like a hipster Grizzly Adams? The scruffy unshaven sandal wearing doofus was unprepared enough for the rigors of a missioncation...I cannot see him as a survivalist like those dudes in Mountain Men.

• Love 2

Sort of like a hipster Grizzly Adams? The scruffy unshaven sandal wearing doofus was unprepared enough for the rigors of a missioncation...I cannot see him as a survivalist like those dudes in Mountain Men.

I think what he wasn't prepared for was the rigors of missioncationing with a clingy wife and a baby. I can't see him as a survivalist either but I think he'd be doing a lot better there on his own, based on what we saw of him in Nepal.

(edited for typo)

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 2

I think what he wasn't prepared for was the rigors of missioncationing with a clingy wife and a baby. I can't see him as a survivalist either but I think he'd be doing a lot better there on his own, based on what we saw of him in Nepal.

(edited for typo)

Nik...you make an excellent point...I see such a disconnect from the Derick of Nepal and Missioncating Derick...now saddled with a kid, a clingy wife, plus had a major uncomfortable surgery on his jaw all in the span of 2 years, plus he's had to drink lots of Duggar Kool Aid. Any spark or fight or independence he had was likely squelched.

Other than housework, and homeschooling and raising her siblings, I don't think Jill cultivated many oh her own hobbies or interests nor was she encouraged to. And she likely didn't get to make friends other than church, Big Sandy, and Bates. Having very little to truly call her own, I think she's starved for love and attention. She was raised in the human equivalent of a puppy mill. And being that she was one of Joshies victims, maybe she's not yet quite done with the healing and trust issues so she clings to Derick for that reason too.

Derick married into Fundie royalty, likely believing Jill to be much more mature than the emotionally stunted 14 year old girl he ended up with. Though I believe he genuinely loves Jill, her neediness and clinginess has to be exhausting for him.

This is another way the Duggars have epically failed their children ...the chickens are already coming home to roost. They just don't know how to function on their own outside the Duggar compound and its circus contained within.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 15

Nik...you make an excellent point...I see such a disconnect from the Derick of Nepal and Missioncating Derick...now saddled with a kid, a clingy wife, plus had a major uncomfortable surgery on his jaw all in the span of 2 years, plus he's had to drink lots of Duggar Kool Aid. Any spark or fight or independence he had was likely squelched.

Other than housework, and homeschooling and raising her siblings, I don't think Jill cultivated many oh her own hobbies or interests nor was she encouraged to. And she likely didn't get to make friends other than church, Big Sandy, and Bates. Having very little to truly call her own, I think she's starved for love and attention. She was raised in the human equivalent of a puppy mill. And being that she was one of Joshies victims, maybe she's not yet quite done with the healing and trust issues so she clings to Derick for that reason too.

Derick married into Fundie royalty, likely believing Jill to be much more mature than the emotionally stunted 14 year old girl he ended up with. Though I believe he genuinely loves Jill, her neediness and clinginess has to be exhausting for him.

This is another way the Duggars have epically failed their children ...the chickens are already coming home to roost. They just don't know how to function on their own outside the Duggar compound and its circus contained within.

This is a brilliant post.

The puppy mill analogy is spot-on. The Duggars have been irresponsibly breeding human children with as little regard for their well-being, or their future health as a puppy mill owner.

And, I think the analogy carries over to Derick as well.  He took home a cute friendly "puppy" and has now discovered that it has all kinds of problems. Along with her emotional neediness, there is the fact that she has had no education -- not just no schooling, but she can't cook, or keep house, or do any of the domestic chores that I'm sure he assumed that she had mastered. While I'm sure her religious zeal is real, she doesn't have the intellectual ability, the focus, or the drive to become an actual missionary. And, of course, she has some sort of emotional need to not just produce as many children as possible, but to do so even more irresponsibly than her own mother taking needless risks with her own health and the health of her children.

I'm sure Derick loves Jill just as much as any puppy owner loves his own ill-considered purchase, but I'm sure it's not what he was expecting out of the experience at all.

• Love 11

Thanks CMR....yes, exactly. Your post further expounded on how ill prepared Jill really was for marriage and your analogy of Derick's marrying her being akin to adopting a puppy with all kinds of issues was brilliant.

I just hope he helps her grow up a bit...she's got a long hard road ahead.....needs a lot of reprogramming if she ever hopes to be able to function at the level most of us would regard as normal. Also liked how you said that though her zeal is real, she just won't be able to be a missionary...I recall many episodes where the kids would learn to DIY. Though this mentality is fine for painting or laying tile..it's not how all of life's lessons should be approached.

• Love 5

I'm watching the Real Housewives Of Atlanta right now. Kim Fields is all about JESUS and that is all she talks about. She quotes bible passages every chance she gets, etc. I imagine this is exactly what it's like to be with Jill. They both have the personality of a piece of chalk, even Jesus can't help that.

• Love 2

All your posts have been great & spot on. Thinking back, I wonder what happened to the pre-marriage Jill. I'm talking about the bossy sister that always did the talking for the group. The one that took charge of her buddy group with gusto. The one that took on the duty of the informant/tattler to JB & MEchelle. I think we lost that Jill when she walked out the door headed to Derick in Nepal never to be seen or heard from again. In her place, we got the clingy, in love Jill.

I think we lost that Jill when she walked out the door headed to Derick in Nepal never to be seen or heard from again. In her place, we got the clingy, in love Jill.

I think Jill is more like the coworker who always loudly takes credit, while the people who actually do the work, Jana (and Jinger, a bit), acutally get shit done.

• Love 4

I think Jill is more like the coworker who always loudly takes credit, while the people who actually do the work, Jana (and Jinger, a bit), acutally get shit done.

Perhaps now that Jill is a mother, she is starting to emulate the learned helplessness of her mother. Her mom hasn't done diddly squat for well over a decade. Jessa was lying around like milk fed veal as well after Spurgie was born. Granted she lost a lot of blood and likely felt like crap for at least a couple of weeks or more. Most women would have just had to "get on with it unless they were getting the kind of help she got with the baby. I'm sure Jessa sits there like princess expecting to be waited on.

• Love 6

Perhaps now that Jill is a mother, she is starting to emulate the learned helplessness of her mother. Her mom hasn't done diddly squat for well over a decade. Jessa was lying around like milk fed veal as well after Spurgie was born. Granted she lost a lot of blood and likely felt like crap for at least a couple of weeks or more. Most women would have just had to "get on with it unless they were getting the kind of help she got with the baby. I'm sure Jessa sits there like princess expecting to be waited on.

So true. And unlike Michelle, Jill & Jessa are afforded stay at homes dads with them, so they don't have to wait for the 6th or 7th child to cry mercy.

• Love 2

I think Jill  and Derick know that some people think their ministry is a scam and I think they read most of the criticism people post about them.  They seem to want to entice those with videos of Izzy screaming all wrapped up in his straight jacket or Jill filming a picture of Izzy while Derick tries to hold him down.  The sticking out of the tongue by Jill is just her way of saying FU to people who don't like her. That's my take.

• Love 1

Well, Subway's pretty much all over Latin America -- and every place else -- these days. So they could be in either place.

IIRC, Subway is now the biggest chain in the world, surpassing McDonald's. Heard this just a few weeks ago.

• Love 4

I'd damn sure be enjoying myself if I didn't have to work and could live in a foreign country.  They have the life.

For sure. I've lived in a few different countries, but I always had to work, so it wasn't as neat and precious.

• Love 9

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.518180528315601.1073741828.510067475793573/775708755896109/?type=3&source=48&__tn__=E

We have all seen this photo. We all know it is the absolutely worst photo of Jill/Derick. Yet this photo was just put up on the Duggar's Facebook. The captions are A Nice Photo Of Jill And Derick. I kid you not!

Awwwwwww...isn't that just neat/special/precious ? Pick any of the three wash, rinse, repeat.

• Love 1

Awwwwwww...isn't that just neat/special/precious ? Pick any of the three wash, rinse, repeat.

"For all you people who are saying he looks homeless/raggedy because his hair is longer and he has a beard...what do you think Jesus looked like?" I'm becoming so addicted to leghumper comments, they are AMAZING.

ETA:

No pizza there or soft drinks but eat a lot of rice! Just saying! Please don't be mean with my opinion!!!

AS WELL:

He's probably still recovering from facial surgery, and he needs to look more like the native people..thus his hair is longer.

FURTHER:

Nice picture, but they both look like they lost weight. Food is different from here I think.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 7

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.518180528315601.1073741828.510067475793573/775708755896109/?type=3&source=48&__tn__=E

We have all seen this photo. We all know it is the absolutely worst photo of Jill/Derick. Yet this photo was just put up on the Duggar's Facebook. The captions are A Nice Photo Of Jill And Derick. I kid you not!

Derick looks like he needs to go visit his brother-in-law Josh at Reformers Unanimous for a makeover.  Here's a before-and-after picture from that place:

0_ru.png

• Love 10

A lot of people always use Derick's surgery as an excuse, but his operation was a YEAR ago. He should've seen some improvement by now. I think whoever did the procedure botched his face. I'm not snarking on Derick because he doesn't resemble Channing Tatum, I'm just saying that it's not a good look when you go in for 'corrective' surgery and come out a hundred times worse than before. I think that's why he grew the beard.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 6

Derrick and Jill look like a couple of immature teenagers excited to have the house to themselves while their parents are gone for the weekend. Its disturbing that these twits have a baby who is 100% dependent on them. Lord have mercy

ETA: I take that back. Its insulting to teenagers. They look like a couple of *kids*. My 8th grader is way more mature than these guys.

With TLC announcing that the show will go on....it brings a whole new meaning to this picture. I'm reading it as Derick saying "see suckers, you can marry a Duggar, not work and still have a boat load of money. Who needs an education or Walmart now!?" Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 3

Derick looks like he needs to go visit his brother-in-law Josh at Reformers Unanimous for a makeover.  Here's a before-and-after picture from that place:

0_ru.png

So shave, wear a suit & glasses and all is good?! Maybe Clinton & Stacey were helping the wrong folks.

• Love 4

Derick is not particularly photogenic and selfies make for even more awkward photos. He's tall and lanky with gangly limbs...its just how he's made. He's what we used to call a beanpole. I thought Nepal Derick had a better haircut and beard.

Plus the angle of the clear brackets on his braces doing the selfie skew really makes him look weird....

The beard is awful...but maybe Jilly Muffin wanted him to grow it....but he does look even more scrawny..hope he hasn't picked any parasites.

• Love 2

I will be interested to see Derick on camera with J&JCO with his new depressed and sloppy look. I have no issue with long hair and beards but Derick looks bad. I wonder if his personality is the same or we will see a sickly and depressed Derick?

(I don't wany anyone sickly or depressed. Just wondering if this will come across on camera, ya know?)

Lmfaoooo!!!!! I am so watching We're the Millers tonight!

Derick's definitely going to have to clean up the Homeless Jesus deal he's got going on right now. On some guys it's sexy, on Derick it's downright scary.

Maybe Jill Rodrigues can help him with his grooming.

• Love 7

Lmfaoooo!!!!! I am so watching We're the Millers tonight!

Derick's definitely going to have to clean up the Homeless Jesus deal he's got going on right now. On some guys it's sexy, on Derick it's downright scary.

Yeah, he has that "emerging from my shack on the mountainside where I was writing my manifesto" vibe.

• Love 13