Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

This Counting On sneak peek makes me irrationally mad at Derick. It's 50 shades of subtle misogyny that Derick gets to continue attending language school at an actual school while Jill has to stay home with a tutor while she cares for their spawn. She literally says that she misses being able to attend school...

Why can't they both be educated at home (and save on paying the rate for two teachers)? Why can't they take turns going to school/staying home with the tutor? 

Ug. I can't with these people. 

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/exclusive-jill-duggar-dillard-reveals-182600132.html

When Jill says, "I do miss not being able to go to school with Derek,” shouldn't she instead say, "I do miss going to school with Derek?"  (Janarella, I'm not questioning what you say here, but what Jill herself says!)

Edited by OpieTaylor
  • Love 1

Every time I see Jill in that t-shirt I think Pistol Pete has got his junk hanging out.

Ditto. I mentioned them other day that I was being defrauded.

So I was thinking of soliciting donations so I could stay home and "work". I'm going to print up all kinds of creative tracts stating "Love thy neighbor" and hand them out at the grocery store, and leave them with my tips at restaurants, and invite a few 'locals' over for dinner. I figure I'll need about $50,000 a year to do this needed hard work.

My goal won't be peace on earth. It will be to build up an army of folks who think like me.

You guys in?

Only if you promise to dress like Jan Crouch.

Is that the Guatemalan version of Pistol Pete on Jill's shirt? It looks like it says Pete on it along with the Nike swoosh.

Pistola Pedro.

• Love 2

I think it's hard to tell if Jill is pregnant. All the Duggar girls have skinny upper bodies, but doughy hips, thighs and calves. The exception is Joy, who's curvy all over. However it wouldn't surprise me if she was, despite the risks of becoming pregnant so quickly after a C-section. Jill's probably hell bent on getting that VBAC she claims the OB promised her.

• Love 1

I think it's hard to tell if Jill is pregnant. All the Duggar girls have skinny upper bodies, but doughy hips, thighs and calves. The exception is Joy, who's curvy all over. However it wouldn't surprise me if she was, despite the risks of becoming pregnant so quickly after a C-section. Jill's probably hell bent on getting that VBAC she claims the OB promised her.

Watch the clip, she rotates her body...it's obvious in motion.

• Love 1

In usual Duggar grammar, Jill states, "I really miss NOT going to school with Derrick." Clearly those Wisdom Books played fast and loose with proper grammar. Why learn Spanish prior to having a firm grasp of your first language?

I'm with you : ugh to all that is Duggar, el stupidos.

Wow, her grammar was horrible in that clip. It always is, but it sure stood out watching her stare blankly at her Spanish "lessons" and teacher, interspersed with talking heads that make it clear she doesn't even speak English very well. I bet she doesn't even realize it. I feel bad for her, since it's her parents' fault.

• Love 5

I haven't yet seen this latest promo but the ones that appeared directly after the show aired all but said Jill was pregnant.  There were about 4 instances, including the 4 raised fingers.  Not including the shots of the stomach which was enlarged.  So April to whenever the episode was filmed, 6 months at most between birth and pregnancy again.  Carry on you silly family.  I'm surprised more horrible things haven't happened to you already.  Good luck with the vaginal birth in your Central American casa.

Edited by Micks Picks
  • Love 5

Jesus, is there no one Jill can hire to watch Izzy while she does her one hour Spanish lesson? I agree the tutor looked annoyed as hell. She's a multi-lingual educated woman. She ain't there to play nanny, Jill. I also find it interesting that there are ZERO clips of Derick and Jill actually, you know, speaking Spanish. Don't you think they'd be eager to show off their mad skillz to all their suckers, er, donors?

• Love 11

The language tutor looked like she wanted to punch JillyMuffyn in the throat.

Sure, the kid is cute, but he's not that cute to have him writhing and wiggling all over the damn place while Jill pretends to learn Spanish. That poor woman was there to do her job - to teach you Spanish - and not wrangle your nap-deprived child like she was a freaking babysitter. Would you have done that to a plumber, electrician, or any other tradesperson who you'd hired ???

But the tutor is a mother, too, y'all, so, according to Jill, she "gets" it, right ? 'Cuz all mothers are the same, right ? Because no woman could possibly want to actually ply her trade or work in her profession when a BABY is there ! 

Screw it ! I'm gonna chuck my BA and Master's into a mud pit and just babysit for FREE from now on ! Now I've found my Special Purpose !!!

Happy to notice, though, that Izzy seemed to be responding to the Spanish the tutor was offering, as if he's already picking up the language - good for him ! 

Buuuuut....right back to reality when the only thing - the SINGLE WORD - that Jill could manage was "Si". Seriously ? SERIOUSLY ?!

I know, I felt so awful for the tutor. Handle your own damn kid, Jill! Though to answer your question, yes, I think she probably would've done the same thing to any other tradesperson, especially if they were female.

I was really happy to see Izzy seeming to respond to the Spanish too. He seemed to be understanding it a lot better than Jill was, that's for sure. That blank look on her face while she stared at Izzy messing around with the tutor and the papers drove me insane. I was wondering if she was going to manage to spit out any Spanish at all.  Apparently "Si" was as good as it gets. And after that she even said "hi" to Izzy in English (I think?).  Oh wait, I think she said something about "hasta manana" at the end too. Ooh, ahh.

Oh and while we're ranting, why is it so important that she have her lessons at the SAME TIME that Derick is taking his classes? It can't be more than what, a few hours a day?  Take turns with the kid so you can each focus, whether it's at your house or in a classroom. Is this more of her obsessive togetherness thing, like the daily lunches at Walmart, going with him to the company gym, etc.?

• Love 16

Jesus, is there no one Jill can hire to watch Izzy while she does her one hour Spanish lesson? I agree the tutor looked annoyed as hell. She's a multi-lingual educated woman. She ain't there to play nanny, Jill. I also find it interesting that there are ZERO clips of Derick and Jill actually, you know, speaking Spanish. Don't you think they'd be eager to show off their mad skillz to all their suckers, er, donors?

Like oh, maybe Izzy's Dad even?  But then I guess they couldn't be doing their lessons at the exact same time.

The other thing that occurs to me is they'd learn a helluva lot faster if they were out and about and interacting with people. I mean the tutor is great and all, but there's nothing like having to learn it to get through the day. When I was taking French, by the time we got to our 4th year our teacher started our very first day of class with "This is the last time you will hear me speak English in this classroom, and I don't want to hear any English from any of you." She even took us on pre-planned field trips to places where they spoke French. They knew we were coming and that they were not to speak English to us no matter how much we were struggling. I specifically remember having to plan a menu together then shop for groceries to make the meal. I think that was the longest grocery trip ever, but we learned a lot in a relatively short amount of time.

I would think they'd be showing stuff like that, day to day living where they are speaking Spanish.

(edited for a couple of missing words)

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 12

OK finally watched the clip of Jill in her kitchen having the woman wrestle with the baby while Jill looked on like the total doofus she is.  Un be fucking believable    

She can't hire or cajole somebody into taking care of the kid?  Having a kid and a one hour class is too much for you?  You aren't meant for the world Jilly Muffin.   Run back home to the compound.  You aren't good enough.

• Love 18

OK finally watched the clip of Jill in her kitchen having the woman wrestle with the baby while Jill looked on like the total doofus she is.  Un be fucking believable    

She can't hire or cajole somebody into taking care of the kid?  Having a kid and a one hour class is too much for you?  You aren't meant for the world Jilly Muffin.   Run back home to the compound.  You aren't good enough.

I know!  At first I hadn't watched it and was just going by snark here but once I watched it I was like "WTF Jill?!?" 

• Love 5

Sure, the kid is cute, but he's not that cute to have him writhing and wiggling all over the damn place while Jill pretends to learn Spanish. That poor woman was there to do her job - to teach you Spanish - and not wrangle your nap-deprived child like she was a freaking babysitter. Would you have done that to a plumber, electrician, or any other tradesperson who you'd hired ???

Remember: She's a Duggar. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Duggar ask the plumber to diaper the kid -- at the same time as he's/she's fixing the plumbing aaaaand teaching the Duggars to plumb aaaaaand listening to them crow about how the next time they need a plumbing fix they'll be able to do it themselves.  

• Love 7

Like oh, maybe Izzy's Dad even?  But then I guess they couldn't be doing their lessons at the exact same time.

The other thing that occurs to me is they'd learn a helluva lot faster if they were out and about and interacting with people. I mean the tutor is great and all, but there's nothing like having to learn it to get through the day. When I was taking French, by the time we got to our 4th year our teacher started our very first day of class with "This is the last time you will hear me speak English in this classroom, and I don't want to hear any English from any of you." She even took us on pre-planned field trips to places where they spoke French. They knew we were coming and that they were not to speak English to us no matter how much we were struggling. I specifically remember having to plan a menu together then shop for groceries to make the meal. I think that was the longest grocery trip ever, but we learned a lot in a relatively short amount of time.

I would think they'd be showing stuff like that, day to day living where they are speaking Spanish.

(edited for a couple of missing words)

I didn't watch the clip, but there are many times and places where babies should be brought and this sounds like one of them.  

Didn't J & D keep saying immersion when referring to learning Spanish? It appears they aren't doing anything close to that. They should be watching Spanish TV, shopping in Spanish only stores and hanging out with Spanish speaking people, and speaking Spanish to each other. One hour a day is taking lessons especially when living in a community that seems to include making it easier for English speakers.

• Love 8

Because it's all staged for the show.  I don't believe any of this is their "real life"  I'll bet TLC thought lets combine tired Izzy and Spanish tutor because one on their own would be boring.  This gives an added something.  I'm not saying their lives are that much more interesting or productive, but, to make a show there has to be something.  And there isn't that much to work with.  They are so bland.  Just watching them live their boring lives would really be less than awesome.  totally.

• Love 13

I expect Jill is terrified by the idea of doing anything like this. In her life, she's never really interacted on her own with strangers speaking English, let alone some other language. With pretty much everything she's ever done in her life -- including going to the freakin grocery store -- she's basically been surrounded by a phalanx of other Duggars, and she's not only been sheltered by them but, most likely, mainly interacting with them, rather than with other people who are around.

Not only that, but at the Gothard events and such in which they do apparently sort of mingle with other people, there really seems to be very little spontaneous conversation. In those places they're dealing with people who are all brainwashed into talking in the same scripted phrases about the same scripted things that the Duggars apparently talk about on their own. So even those occasions probably aren't much like what the rest of the world would recognize as legitimate conversational interaction with other people. I mean, look at how stilted and awkward -- and reliant on scripted phrases -- the Duggar family's interactions are even with each other.

They truly do practice extreme isolation -- even though it kind of doesn't look like it since they're always in a crowd. But it's really only a crowd of Duggars with maybe a couple of "family friends" salted in to give the impression of something else. But I doubt that the "family friends" say all that much or initiate anything when they're moving along with the Duggar ant army.

Doesn't surprise me at all that Jill would shy away like mad from listening to and speaking in Spanish on the streets. Trying to get along in a foreign language only is scary even for brave and gregarious people, let alone for Jill, who may never have had a spontaneous conversation with a stranger in her life, even in English.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17

Boo. Fucking. Hoo, Jill. It is "hard" to study Spanish at home while your dipshit husband is out of your donor provided home to study Spanish elsewhere. Curiosity got the best of me and I watched the video. As the teacher was leaving (escaping the madness, actually), Jill's pregnant belly is obvious. 

Anna said it has been "haaaaard" dealing with Josh's behavior. Now Jill says her situation is "haaaaard." Must be the new, like, um, vocabulary word.

• Love 12

Immersion is the best way to learn a foreign language. 

Long-winded story to follow, but I'll put it under Spoiler Tags so people don't have to scroll through it if they want to move on quickly.

My high school Spanish teacher often talked about a guy he went to college with who worked for an American company that had interests in Mexico.  This friend was offered the job of starting up a new division of the company in a part of Mexico that the company didn't have any other interests in.  This guy knew that if he did a good job, he'd be on the fast track to becoming the liaison between that region and the parent company.  That would be a high paying job and advancement within the company, or at least look good on his resume.

So the man moved his entire family to the area for the next year.  His oldest child was around 6, and was enrolled in school even though she didn't know a word of Spanish.  Every day she went to school and came home crying because she didn't understand anything anyone said to her.  Her dad could empathize, because he was discovering his high school Spanish wasn't up to the task of doing his job and he'd had to hire an interpreter to get him through meetings and give him a crash course on speaking Spanish to his employees.

About a week into school, the little girl suddenly realized she understood a word: verde (green).  She was thrilled and kept saying "verde".  The teacher was pleased to see the girl learning and helped her with the rolling 'R' sound until she got it right.  After that the girl picked up Spanish quickly, started making friends, and really started enjoying the experience. 

The father's interpreter told him that he and the girl should only talk Spanish to each other to increase their proficiency.  Dad took it a step further and hired a local woman who only spoke rudimentary English to help his wife in the house and go with her when she went shopping, etc.  The woman was only to use her English if she had to, but the rest of the time she spoke to the mom and the younger kids only in Spanish.

The mom was resistant at first, until she realized that she was paying way too much for goods because of the bargaining that was traditional in Mexico at the time.  (Maybe it still is, I've never been there.)  The mom was also lonely, and worried that her kids only had meaningful contact in the home.  She was ready to get out more, talk to people, let her kids play with other kids, etc.

End result:  the whole family only spoke Spanish unless they were talking to relatives on the phone, visiting back in the States, or talking to people who didn't speak Spanish.  The parents were able to establish a social life outside of the home, either with the neighbors, people they met at random, and during social events.  The kids were able to make friends outside of the family.  The whole family better understood the culture they were now living in.  Good times.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 7

Jill is failing at motherhood even worse than Michelle. To her credit, wasn't Michelle something like five or six kids deep before she had her laundry room breakdown? Jill can't even handle one, and Izzy seems like a relatively calm baby.

• Love 11

I didn't watch the clip, but there are many times and places where babies should be brought and this sounds like one of them.  

Didn't J & D keep saying immersion when referring to learning Spanish? It appears they aren't doing anything close to that. They should be watching Spanish TV, shopping in Spanish only stores and hanging out with Spanish speaking people, and speaking Spanish to each other. One hour a day is taking lessons especially when living in a community that seems to include making it easier for English speakers.

You are so right. Why can't the home tutor teach both of them at home? She could tutor Jill first while Derick watches Izzy & then switch. Or schedule the time around Izzy's nap &be tutored together. I think Derick is enjoying the time away from clingy Jill. What was the big deal in discussing the rain? What did that have to do with anything? Love Jill's comment about missing her sister's (baby sitting services.) Add me to list that Jilly is pregnant.

• Love 9

If Jill is pregnant, she's probably jumping for joy. It gives the Dullards the perfect excuse to abandon the fake mission and move back to Arkansas. After all, Jill can't risk a dangerous delivery after her emergency c-section, right? They can make some ambiguous statement about resuming their missioncation after Izzy2.0 is born and coast on love offerings in the meantime.

• Love 11

Poor, poor Jill. She might have to take care of "her" child while her husband is away for a few hours. Millions of mothers do this on a daily basis. They have jobs, run the household, go to school to better themselves and to improve their children's life without clinging to their husbands 24/7 or having a sister around to take care of their children. Jill made her bed, now she has to lie in it.

If Jill is pregnant, she's probably jumping for joy. It gives the Dullards the perfect excuse to abandon the fake mission and move back to Arkansas. After all, Jill can't risk a dangerous delivery after her emergency c-section, right? They can make some ambiguous statement about resuming their missioncation after Izzy2.0 is born and coast on love offerings in the meantime.

Yep, the lord must be speaking to them through Jill's uterus.  Time to go back to Arkansas. 

• Love 7
What was the big deal in discussing the rain?

Barb23 - I know, right ?! I've had more interesting conversational subjects come up in elevators and at bus stops with total strangers !

And this is for a show. A TV show. A TV show that sponsors pay money for, people earn money for, and that people take an hour out of their lives to watch. When you think about it in those terms it's enough to drive you batshit crazy. How is this a...thing ?!?!

There is, truly, a sucker born every minute. 

• Love 3

You are so right. Why can't the home tutor teach both of them at home? She could tutor Jill first while Derick watches Izzy & then switch. Or schedule the time around Izzy's nap &be tutored together. I think Derick is enjoying the time away from clingy Jill. What was the big deal in discussing the rain? What did that have to do with anything? Love Jill's comment about missing her sister's (baby sitting services.) Add me to list that Jilly is pregnant.

They don't understand that rainforests come with rain, and the fact that the middle of the year wet season is warm and the year end/beginning dry season is cool must blow their minds. Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3

They don't understand that rainforests come with rain, and the fact that the middle of the year wet season is warm and the year end/beginning dry season is cool must blow their minds.

Ha !  So if it gets really, really windy will that qualify for a Very Special Episode ? Maybe a two-parter ?!

Seriously, they're not as boring as watching paint dry - they're as boring as watching already dried paint. 

• Love 8

Helpleech and headleech are the best terms ever for this group! 

In systems of strict hierarchy, people can always find someone who is "lower" to take out their aggressions on. Jill and Jessa will always be sweet helpleeches to the men over them, but they'll find people beneath them to step on to elevate themselves in their minds. Blanket training and the such make perfect sense in this world.

There's a large amount of passive aggressive behavior too. Helplessness is a good way to control the people you can't go after directly, like Derrick and your parents, right Jill? 

• Love 8

I wonder if Derick stops by the local watering hole and sneaks a few cervezas before heading home to Jill. I noticed he had a major spring in his step when he was walking away from the apartment to go to language class. I couldn't imagine being stuck with Jill 24/7.

• Love 14

Oh, my GOD ! That promo was excruciating. 

Can't have ONE months-old child, attend language classes very part-time, and still be a good wife and mother ? For Christ's sake, are you KIDDING me ?!?!

I'm just gonna say it. Fuck you, Jill. You are insufferable. In-fucking-sufferable. 

Oh, how haaaaard it is to not have a job, to have a baby, and have to study-wudy all at the same time ! Who will be the Helpleech to the Headleech ?!

At the end she actually muses about that's why she misses her sisters ?!?! Because she has to actually take care of her own child ? Because she hasn't popped out a "buddy" yet ? Izzy is over six months now - isn't it high time she pawned him off, just like Mama Xanax did ?

The language tutor looked like she wanted to punch JillyMuffyn in the throat.

But the tutor is a mother, too, y'all, so, according to Jill, she "gets" it, right ? 'Cuz all mothers are the same, right ? Because no woman could possibly want to actually ply her trade or work in her profession when a BABY is there ! 

Screw it ! I'm gonna chuck my BA and Master's into a mud pit and just babysit for FREE from now on ! Now I've found my Special Purpose !!!

Happy to notice, though, that Izzy seemed to be responding to the Spanish the tutor was offering, as if he's already picking up the language - good for him ! 

Buuuuut....right back to reality when the only thing - the SINGLE WORD - that Jill could manage was "Si". Seriously ? SERIOUSLY ?!

Can I make the font size bigger here, please ? ARE YOU KIDDING ME ?!?!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME ?!?!?!

Jill is in so far over her head and isn't smart enough to see it.  I cannot believe how unqualified she is for the relatively simple task of caring for one child for an hour by herself.  She is thoroughly and completely lost the moment Derrick skipped out the door.  

Great job, dumb and dumber - you raised a bunch of kids that cannot fend for themselves, and cannot function in society.  I hope you do have to support all of them forever - serves you right for crippling them. 

• Love 18

Can't believe I am defending Derrick, but he might have pulled rank for Jill to stay at home, not because he is a misogynist, but as a child from a 2 child family he might have had enough togetherness. First he moves away from the family, where I have no doubt Jill spent most of her time, or had them over. Then, he starts to separate from Jill a bit, give her some forced independence. Or maybe Jill couldn't hack Spanish class because she's never really experienced that type of learing, so she quit? (If this is the case, take note Derick and get your kid in a regular school)

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 10

That CA footage all looks so touristy. I get that it's a tourism-centered town, but it it doesn't look like those people need saving, or much help. It's like foreigners going to Orlando, staying holed up in an apartment barely learning English, trying to conceive a child, then returning to their home country as experts in American life and Disney. No.

I think both Ben and Derick are both learning "don't get married just to have sex" the hard way.

• Love 16

Can't believe I am defending Derrick, but he might have pulled rank for Jill to stay at home, not because he is a misogynist, but as a child from a 2 child family he might have had enough togetherness. First he moves away from the family, where I have no doubt Jill spent most of her time, or had them over. Then, he starts to separate from Jill a bit, give her some forced independence. Or maybe Jill couldn't hack Spanish class because she's never really experienced that type of learning, so she quit? (If this is the case, take note Derick and get your kid in a regular school)

I think you're probably right about Derick just needing some time not.with.Jill. He definitely looked pretty happy when he was leaving for class, in spite of the <gasp> rain.  I laughed when he hopped over that puddle. I hadn't thought about Jill not being able to make it in a classroom setting though - that's probably true, too. If she wasn't allowed to do it in her native language (which I will dub Fundienglish), it'd be near impossible in Spanish.

It makes me so mad at her parents, frankly.  Yes, she's an adult now and it's her responsibility to take care of things, but her parents screwed her up so bad she's got a tough road ahead if she decides to become even halfway self-sufficient.

Separate note, re: the blanket training, I do agree it doesn't seem like Izzy has been blanket trained only because I don't think he would've been so squirmy, chewing on the papers, going back and forth between Jill and the tutor, etc. So yes, that's good.

• Love 8

Can't believe I am defending Derrick, but he might have pulled rank for Jill to stay at home, not because he is a misogynist, but as a child from a 2 child family he might have had enough togetherness. 

Oh, I absolutely believe that Derrick has taken the opportunity to get out of Jill's clutches for a brief hour every day on purpose. He knows how to be alone.  He understands that periods of personal solitude are normal.  And I think that Jill's clinging drives him nuts on occasion, so he's said this deal is for the good of Israel.  

• Love 7

Because it's what people talk about who have absolutely nothing to talk about? 

Because that certainly describes these idiots who have their own damned tv show. 

• Love 4

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Jill - she of the Midwife/Not-A-Midwife, meaningless certificate-holder situation, say she was quitting her midwifery so she could concentrate on the total immersion language classes in order to further her ministry ?

And now she's quitting the total immersion language classes in order to be a better wife, mother, and missionary ? 

But she's also checking out of being a mother by having her Spanish tutor, whom she's completely ignoring while speaking NO Spanish, babysit her only child while she's sitting not two feet away ?

Seriously, she's running out of things to quit.

Next will be the ministry, so she can be a better wife, as she's already farmed out the kid, and after that, she'll "quit" Derick so she can be a better... ?

What ? Be a better... blob ? A better waste of oxygen ? A better incubator to Pickle #2 ? 

I just don't know, you guys - we're going to have to come up with better words for "lazy" and "disconnected" here. 

How about Jill has become "Michelle, Version 2.0" ???

Maybe Jill is learning that she's utterly incompetent, extremely fearful of the world, and unable to navigate in it. Just as the guys may be learning that if you marry one of JIm Bob's children in haste, you could end up repenting for a long time at leisure, I think it's possible that Jill -- who's launched with perfect confidence into a lot of things that it seemed she'd be ill prepared for -- is actually learning from each of those things that, yeah, she is ill-prepared.That, despite the wonders of the training Jim Bob provides all his children in many many trades and skills (as Joy repeatedly reminds us) and despite the extreme wisdom imparted by Gothard's curriculum around the dining room table, Jill now feels quite unprepared even for the few things she's done and is growing unconfident.  Maybe I'm really kidding myself, but I like to think that this is possible. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15

Maybe Jill is learning that she's utterly incompetent, extremely fearful of the world, and unable to navigate in it. Just as the guys may be learning that if you marry one of JIm Bob's children in haste, you could end up repenting for a long time at leisure, I think it's possible that Jill -- who's launched with perfect confidence into a lot of things that it seemed she'd be ill prepared for -- is actually learning from each of those things that, yeah, she is ill-prepared.That, despite the wonders of the training Jim Bob provides all his children in many many trades and skills (as Joy repeatedly reminds us) and despite the extreme wisdom imparted by Gothard's curriculum around the dining room table, Jill now feels quite unprepared even for the few things she's done and is growing unconfident.  Maybe I'm really kidding myself, but I like to think that this is possible. 

Yes, yes, a thousand times YES to this, Churchhoney

Jill is coming undone by her own hubris. The attitude instilled in her by the Duggar way of life, where you are INSTANTLY an expert in anything and everything by virtue of just watching someone who actually knows what they're doing perform their job, task, vocation, etc, isn't turning out very well for her. Not by a mile.

I suppose she thought that she could just watch someone speaking Spanish and just "pick it up". Or become a "missionary" because she'd seen so many of them in her life. Or she'd have the perfect labor and delivery because she'd witnessed so many. The first is a joke, the second is a scam, and the third was a disaster that could have been a tragedy.

The root of this, I think, is that she thought she'd be the perfect wife and mother because she'd grown up watching Michelle and JB being the "perfect" couple, the "perfect" parents, when all the while they were the most dysfunctional, superficial, content-free posers that ever walked the earth.

Now she's stuck with Derick in a marriage where she says virtually nothing to him because she has nothing to say to him. And he's stuck with her because he went after the brass ring that turned out to be hollow. 

• Love 22

Jill now feels quite unprepared even for the few things she's done and is growing unconfident.  Maybe I'm really kidding myself, but I like to think that this is possible.

How baby #2 is handled will determine that. She got pregnant again too fast, and if she delivers her VBAC on a dirt floor in CA, she'll be, like, totally, self assured.

• Love 4

How baby #2 is handled will determine that. She got pregnant again too fast, and if she delivers her VBAC on a dirt floor in CA, she'll be, like, totally, self assured.

It's going to be harder if she doesn't speak a word of Spanish.

• Love 1

Jill is failing at motherhood even worse than Michelle. To her credit, wasn't Michelle something like five or six kids deep before she had her laundry room breakdown? Jill can't even handle one, and Izzy seems like a relatively calm baby.

Wow, but this really does seem to be the case. Spot-on observation, bitter. Jill, who has essentially been in training to care for babies and young children nearly all her life, has apparently not picked things up well at all. She can't manage to do - for her own child - what she did for her siblings, at least in part. Good grief, Ma & Pa - what do you two have to say for yourselves now? 

• Love 8