Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

I used to know a girl who ate toast without any spread, because her brother was always leaving the butter out so it went all melty and gross in the heat.
I could see the TTH as being the kind of place where there either weren't any spreads, or they were all gross and chunky, so the kids got used to just having plain toast, even after they left.

Edited by kalamac

Jill and Jessa will forever be comparing their two boys. Mine weighed more at 7 months! Mine crawled at 5 months!! Mine was baptized at 10!! Mine gave child sermons at basement church at 12!!! Mine was more pure and more virgin and didn't hold hands till 2 weeks of marriage!!!!

• Love 18

It's illegal in Arkansas for a lay midwife to do a VBAC, so Jill will have to deliver in a hospital. Unless she tries to go it alone, that is.

Sadly I don't think they care. If she's determined to do it, I think they'd find a team of "midwives" (not really midwives, Jessa style) to be there. But I sure hope she'd go the hospital route after what happened last time.

• Love 4

Well, that little breakfast took a lot of work: plain toast, fruit and yogurt.   At least it is healthy.

Yah. That breakfast is exactly Derick's speed. Of course we can't expect him to be up to Me-chelle's skill level yet - scrambling eggs is a ways off for Derick, I'm afraid...

• Love 3

Jill and Jessa will forever be comparing their two boys. Mine weighed more at 7 months! Mine crawled at 5 months!! Mine was baptized at 10!! Mine gave child sermons at basement church at 12!!! Mine was more pure and more virgin and didn't hold hands till 2 weeks of marriage!!!!

In the spirit of the SOTDRT 

Mine still can't point out where his namesake is on a map!

Yeah, well mine still can't spell his name! 

• Love 8

These people crack me up.  Izzy pictures, Spurgeon pictures, Jill and Jessa both fame hungry for whose baby get's the most attention.  The home birth dramas.  Their whole concept of putting others first - not for them.  Jessa posting never before seen wedding photos the day after Amy's wedding.  Jill's constant going away parties.  The baby name polls. Now we're going to see the baby pictures competing for attention.  

• Love 12

But, but, but  . . . they are extra special righteous precious CHRISTIANS!! And they HAD A BABY!! Which is such a unique special precious thing especially when it's two young extra-special-righteous-blessed CHRISTIANS who have a BABY. They are performing a MINISTRY by showing us how precious blessed special and righteous they are. Being CHRISTIANS with a CHRISTIAN BABY and all. And going all the way OVERSEAS to conduct their MINISTRY. 

/sarcasm

Man, it must be exhausting to be a leghumper. I need more coffee after writing that. Aargh.

Overseas??  They took a 3-hour flight to Guatemala and they are hanging out at a resort city.  The baby is 8 months old and it looks like he's the only one in the family who has actually accomplished anything recently.

• Love 15

But, but, but . . . they are extra special righteous precious CHRISTIANS!! And they HAD A BABY!! Which is such a unique special precious thing especially when it's two young extra-special-righteous-blessed CHRISTIANS who have a BABY. They are performing a MINISTRY by showing us how precious blessed special and righteous they are. Being CHRISTIANS with a CHRISTIAN BABY and all. And going all the way OVERSEAS to conduct their MINISTRY.

/sarcasm

Man, it must be exhausting to be a leghumper. I need more coffee after writing that. Aargh.

You totally nailed it. It was exhausting just reading it :-)

• Love 5

The tv show was a "television ministry", I guess the Dullards will claim that's its all for an "Instagram ministry".

Derick is a huge disappointment. His mother clearly loves him, because only a devoted mother could love him after he threw away all she paid and vouched for.

• Love 9

I met a group of West Europe Lutheran missionaries outside of Vilanculos, Mozambique in 1998. They helped the locals build a farm (vegetable of some sort). The missionaries where very nice and non-pretentious, they truly cared for the people. And all this under potentially dangerous situation, there where a lot of land mines throughout the country from a previous civil war. I was there on a land seismic crew looking for oil.

Edited by BrianJ62
  • Love 8

Overseas??  They took a 3-hour flight to Guatemala and they are hanging out at a resort city.  The baby is 8 months old and it looks like he's the only one in the family who has actually accomplished anything recently.

Worth repeating,

• Love 4

Derick is a huge disappointment. His mother clearly loves him, because only a devoted mother could love him after he threw away all she paid and vouched for.

If I were Cathy, I'd be royally pissed that I used my connections to get my son a good job and he threw it all away in less than a year. Obviously Jill wasn't that traumatized by the scandal because she's back on the ho stroll collecting TLC checks. Besides taking middle school beginner Spanish, they've done absolutely nothing in Central America.

• Love 16

If I were Cathy, I'd be royally pissed that I used my connections to get my son a good job and he threw it all away in less than a year. Obviously Jill wasn't that traumatized by the scandal because she's back on the ho stroll collecting TLC checks. Besides taking middle school beginner Spanish, they've done absolutely nothing in Central America.

Why do you hate mime?

• Love 16

The images of Derick flailing his spindly arms are seared into my brain forever and I just can't forgive that;)

Boy, that video snip is archetypal for me. So awkward, so pitiable, so childlike, so serious to no purpose, so funny. Utterly defines the guy, I would bet. It kind of amazes me that he or Jill didn't notice that and decline to post it for the world to see. But then I remember that they're none of them very perceptive.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

I'm starting to think their ministry is simply a story line for Jill to ho stroll (hahahahaa ) herself back to teevee.

Derick is turning out to be a huge slacker. We don't know for sure if he was one before or he became Duggarized by needy Jill.

• Love 3

Jill bragging about Derick making her cereal is even more lame than Michael Bates posting about how spoiled she is because Brandon took her out for Dairy Queen. I guess they keep their standards low so they'll never be disappointed.

The do have low standards.  Remember when Michelle talked about expectations killing relationships?

• Love 9

Will the same crew that filmed 19 K & C film the Jill/ Jessa show?  Has any of the crew said anything about all these events?  I remember Jim the sound man saying the family was just like you see on TV...sorry Jim, you were WRONG!!

I love ice cream more than the Duggars allegedly love Jesus, but I find it ridiculous to brag about your SO buying you a sweet treat. My boyfriend brings home Ben and Jerry's all the time. I love it. But these chicks act like they just won a BRAND NEW CAR!!!! or something. We can only hope they're in on the joke. 

• Love 8

These people crack me up.  Izzy pictures, Spurgeon pictures, Jill and Jessa both fame hungry for whose baby get's the most attention.  The home birth dramas.  Their whole concept of putting others first - not for them.  Jessa posting never before seen wedding photos the day after Amy's wedding.  Jill's constant going away parties.  The baby name polls. Now we're going to see the baby pictures competing for attention.

Those poor kids. Because of the self-centeredness of their mothers, their whole lives will be one big competition.
  • Love 5

Jill instagrammed another pic of the breakfast her wonderful husband made for her again today. Bowl of cereal. I feel like she's trolling us now.

Did you read the comments on that post?  People noticed her chipped fingernail polish.  But, there were a lot of comments about their phony missionary work and taking donor money.

• Love 1

Wow, her wonderful husband took two whole minutes to dump things in a bowl.  Que Rico! ("Huh?" - Derrick)

Well, in Jill's defense here, she did grow up with Jim Bob as the male "role model" in the house. And I doubt he ever spent 15 seconds helping anybody else get breakfast. And we know that, just when the time would come for them to load up the vehicle and go somewhere, he'd repeatedly be in the kitchen demanding that people -- read: female people -- cook him eggs and bacon. And yet her mother talks about him as if he's the greatest husband on the planet.

So she's had a very very low bar set for her expectations when it comes to husband behavior, except that she doesn't know it's a low bar. Given her family's history, I'd expect her to be genuinely grateful and pleased when Derick does the stuff he does. She's been well trained not to expect anything in this line, so in her eyes I'm sure he's genuinely doing well and she wants to praise him for it.  Equality in the home isn't something the Duggar girls are familiar with. Notice that it isn't Derick praising himself for doing this stuff. He comes out of a different background.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11

https://instagram.com/p/-XZDDLLs59/

You can tell Jill deleted negative comments. Ragged nails, Jill! Why post such nonsense?

https://instagram.com/p/-Xg5LLLs41/

Amusing discussion in comments about gays.

jillmdillardThis verse stood out to me today in my quiet time. I was reminded to trust the Lord and by his steadfast love he will keep you where he wants you. #psalm217

Her "quiet time?" What on Earth does she do all day that she needs special "quiet time."

• Love 4

I'm getting tired of seeing the baby pictures.  Just more proof that Jill and Derick don't do anything all day but play with the baby.

Well, that's more than Michelle did with her "blessings" by the time they were as old as Izzy, so I suppose it's kind of an improvement in a weird way?

• Love 2

Her "quiet time?" What on Earth does she do all day that she needs special "quiet time."

I kind of think that's probably her word for "bible time," "meditation time," "prayer time."  A time set aside to be still and know that God is God, you know. ... I doubt that it means "escape from my onerous duties," really.

Don't know why I'm so into defending Jill today.

• Love 3

So she's had a very very low bar set for her expectations when it comes to husband behavior, except that she doesn't know it's a low bar. Given her family's history, I'd expect her to be genuinely grateful and pleased when Derick does the stuff he does

More's the pity.

• Love 2

I kind of think that's probably her word for "bible time," "meditation time," "prayer time." A time set aside to be still and know that God is God, you know. ... I doubt that it means "escape from my onerous duties," really.

Drinking to much of the Kool Aid?

• Love 1

More's the pity.

Indeed. Really, this is my main reason for wanting them off the air. The whitewashing of the sickening misogyny and woman-as-a-second-class-person culture that's been inflicted on those kids -- whitewashing that's sending the message to all the teen and 20-something leghumpers that that's not just acceptable but good and part of an ideal life. It's criminal for TLC to subliminally send that crap message. And I blame them, not the Duggar girls, since the Duggar girls don't know any better. The damned tv network should.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15

I kind of think that's probably her word for "bible time," "meditation time," "prayer time."  A time set aside to be still and know that God is God, you know. ... I doubt that it means "escape from my onerous duties," really.

Boy, how many new mothers wouldn't like some "quiet time" each day? (Besides escaping to the bathroom for 2 minutes.) I think you're right in that they say "quiet time" for their bible/prayer time. I think they used the phrase a lot when they were Skyping, telling each other what bible verses they were reading. The older girls say it too but for them it probably amounts to 10 minutes of bible reading before they have to start on their next chore. Why do I picture MEchelle's quiet time much longer?

• Love 7

Which means "He will keep you where your parents want you" or "He will keep you where your husband wants you"

Jinger, don't be thinking about going to no damn city!

Sincerely,

God

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11

http://www.inquisitr.com/2585299/jill-duggar-dillard-mission-trip-update-jill-feeds-spanish-teacher-chicken-etti-turns-language-class-into-bible-study/

Jill Duggar got her Spanish teacher more interested in the Bible by treating her to a viewing of the War Room movie and serving her a dish called “Chicken Etti.”

What a selfless mission.

In a post on the Dillard Family website, Jill Duggar revealed that her Spanish teacher is already a religious woman who goes to church and prays,

*cough* Catholic *cough*

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 15

I know a plastic surgeon who spends a month out of his year traveling to third world countries to repair cleft palates and other disfigurements in poor children. He volunteers through a non-profit. I'm having a tough time seeing the Dullards in the same category as people like him. Of course not everyone is a doctor, but the Dullards are able bodied. Derick can't work some sort of labor job? Jill can't volunteer full time at the orphanage and help with laundry, meals and cleaning? There's plenty of things they can do that don't require fluency in Spanish.

• Love 11