Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

I think she'll be officially knocked up by Sept 1st, or at the latest by Oct 1st, and it'll be announced by Thanksgiving, but we won't see it on the show until the spring episodes are aired.  I'm guessing a June 2015 baby. But I'm hoping that Jill uses that computer of hers, now that she's officially out of the compound, and researches how to prevent getting pregnant. You would think she'd know this by now, but hey ya never know.

Seriously Jill-condoms only cost a dollar or two. Use them!!!! I'm hoping that Derrick puts his foot down and demands using some latex.

I am sure we will be hearing of a Jillard baby soon enough.  I just hope it's not full of the usual, "special announcement" shinanigans TLC is famous for, with all social media guessing and speculation.  It's gets so tiring.

She is pretty invested in the Gothard lifestyle. I noticed that for their outing to IHOP the other day she was so covered up she may as well have been wearing a burka. She's been programmed into thinking that her purpose in life is to produce babies, so I assume the first one will be here within a year. At first I was hopeful that college grad, more worldly Derick would lead her out of fundieville to a still conservative but more modern (for lack of a better word) life. I don't see that happening. He was the one who originally sought out JimBob. He must have seen something in the Duggar way of life that appealed to him. He snagged a Duggar daughter and is living in a Duggar owned house. No evidence thus far that he has any interest in pulling away from any of it. Only hoping at this point that after the 5th or 6th "blessing" he realizes what he's in for and sneaks off and has a vasectomy.

• Love 4

I am sure we will be hearing of a Jillard baby soon enough.  I just hope it's not full of the usual, "special announcement" shinanigans TLC is famous for, with all social media guessing and speculation.  It's gets so tiring.

Right? I mean, it's the Duggars--there's only one announcement they are going to be making. It's either weddings or babies.

Absolutely LOVE this title! I think Jill will be 'blessed" by Labor Day, but don't know when we will hear about it. I'm disappointed so far that Jill seems to be living exactly like she did in her parents' house....but without the full time kid responsibility. I bet this is the first home haircut that Derick has ever had since a little boy. Jill seems to be pushing Daddy and Mamma's ways on him. Maybe he will grow a pair in a little bit and let her know that he didn't marry her daddy; he married her. They need to invent and develop THEIR lifestyle together. I think Jill is manipulative underneath it all. I also think that most of the older girls, except Jana, really are under it all, after all, they have Michelle's example. That woman has Jim Bob lusting after her for 30 years and she uses that. I'm sure she's already "testing" and "stressing", just like Anna, after all, what does Jill do all day? Her household was completely set up before the wedding with all the "helpers" she had. Baby on the Way for Labor Day, I say....

• Love 3

Good Gawd, that would suck. 

It's a distinct possibility they could control themselves, but I remember when I got married at 18, this was a nightly occurance.  These people (Gothardites/ super religious) consider premarital sex incredibly sinful, but the minute the ring is on your finger you can boink like bunnies.  I suspect that Jill has some pent up frustration and energy.  ;-)

(edited)

If they're following the Gothard playbook, they're abstaining two weeks a month anyway.

It can't be TWO weeks, surely. The risk of missing ovulation is far too high. I thought Michelle said that after 7 days it was that much sweeter. Oh, I've immediately regretted creating that visual.

Edited by mimionthebeach
  • Love 2

I know, it seems more than excessive, but just a couple of days ago I did a lot of reading on recoveringgrace.org--which seems to be written by a former Gothardite and includes lots of excerpts from the manuals--and I'm pretty sure I saw the 2 week period mentioned repeatedly. They take off a week for the woman's period (maybe that's just a figurative week since many women bleed just 4 or 5 days) and then an additional week for purification or whatnot. It's funny how they cherry pick which old testament laws they follow and which they ignore. The OT laws call for the husband and wife to sleep separately during her period, but I doubt many of them observe that.

It can't be TWO weeks, surely. The risk of missing ovulation is far too high. I thought Michelle said that after 7 days it was that much sweeter. Oh, I've immediately regretted creating that visual.

Did you have to say that??  Yuuuuck!

So Gothardite wedding planning seems to call for purchasing the wedding gown and bridesmaids dresses off the rack since they have super short engagements lest the happy couple find time to fall into the sack together ... Or have a private conversation. Then said dresses are modified with extra pieces of fabric lest a shoulder bone, collarbone or knee be exposed and "defraud" someone. Got it.

• Love 1

So the bridesmaid's dresses were purchased, with fabric added to the bottom and to make sleeves. That explains the wonkiness of the hems.

I hated to sew sleeves and thought they were the hardest thing to do but, it surprises me that they looked pretty good on the dresses.  The hem IMO is the simplest thing to make but they sure did look uneven on the dresses.  There was no mention of anyone else working on the dresses but Jana. She must have been working on a time constraint by spreading herself thin with the dresses, taking care of her buddies and whatever else she does.

• Love 2
(edited)

I also think that they will have a baby soon. If only to keep TLC interested in the Duggarfam, since Michelle probably won't have any babies anymore.

But, and that's my sincere wish for them, they might not pull through this "Quiverfull" lifestyle forever. I truly hope that after a few kids (when TLC isn't interested in them anymore anyway, you can't run the same storyline for decades) Derrick will come to his senses and they will stop and be responsible, hands-on and loving parents to the children they already have.

Edited by Sundaymorning

Putting a sleeve like that on an already made dress looks challenging and those look like they could have come on the dress while the white strip isn't the same length on each dress and looks quite tacky and uneven.  Maybe she ended up finishing the strips at 3 AM before the wedding.

It would be wonderful if Jill waited at least a year before getting pregnant. She has not know Derick very long and this is her first time living away from her patents. This is the time to have fun with her new husband, maybe make some new friends and hopefully continue her midwife work.

Unfortunately she will be pregnant as soon as possible and she will never have these carefree days again.

(edited)

With his mother very ill he might want to have a baby right away.

That's a good point.  That was the case with one of my friends....her mom had ovarian cancer and my friend got pregnant almost immediately after getting married (she was trying to get pregnant right away and I think the wedding might have been planned to take place sooner rather than late as well).  Her mom lived to see the baby -- she passed away when the baby was a month or two old, I think.  Anyway, it gives my friend comfort to know that her mother met the baby and she's said that it gave her mom something extra to live for (her mom was determined to see that baby!).

Edited by MMLEsq
  • Love 3
(edited)

Now, WHY do they not just make dresses from a modest pattern? Have I missed the explanation for why their bassackwards process is preferable?

Edited by Portia
  • Love 3

Now, WHY do they not just make dresses from a modest pattern? Have I missed the explanation for why this bassackwards process is preferable?

The questions of the century.  Although they did make the attendants' dresses for Anna's wedding. 

I haven't seen anyone else mention this, but forgive me if it's already been discussed - I think the bridesmaids dresses and shoes look like depression-era clothes. And the younger boys "costumes" go along with that look too. So IMO the bridesmaids' belts and white slips and brown shoes are all an intentional look to evoke that period.  Anyone else get that vibe?

Oh, I hadn't thought of depression era. The wedding signage and details like the aisle décor looked country chic and I'm pretty sure done by the wedding planner because they looked professionally produced. The Bridesmaids dresses did seem a bit off from that vibe. Is depression era current wedding trend? ;^p

If you look at Jill's Pinterest, the entire wedding, including poses was planned out from her pins. I think she was going for a spring/vintage/country chic look and she definitely achieved it.

IMO, the only misstep were the slip extenders and shoes for the bridesmaids, but I see how they were supposed to fit with the theme. It would have been nice if the dresses were tailored correctly and the shoes were a similar style to what was picked out (brown sandles) with each girl wearing the same style.

Also, I had a dream last night that I married Derick. Thank god was still myself & not Jill, but I've been watching too much of the show!

• Love 1

Jill's Pinterest was 100% Shabby Chic. I don't recall ever seeing pics or films of women showing their slips during the Depression.

The boy's Newsboy look is also 100% Pinterest for Boy's Wear. That is the only thing that looked dated to any era.

As for the sex, it's OT law; the poster who said it's the time of menses, plus 7 days for purification is correct. That puts the couple wildly bumping uglies right around ovulation time. Speaking of, anyone want to venture a guess as to how many closets full of EPTs she has stashed away in their mini-manse?

Given that the cult believes birth control is wrong, Jill will be pregnant very soon, unless she has trouble conceiving. I can't imagine that even a relaxation of the Gothard "rules" would make her think birth control is acceptable.

A bunch of us have been trying to make #jillpregnancywatch2k14 a thing on social media. :D

I think she'll be pregnant by September, announcement will be this fall's season finale during November Sweeps (after the wedding...Jill has hinted that much of the upcoming season is the buildup to the wedding). All this buys the Dillards a "pregnancy" season and birth VSE next spring.

Those sleeves don't look added on but boy the slip does and that should have been the easy part so that's why I don't think the sleeves were added unless two different people worked on the dresses.

I sew, and I agree. The sleeves look right; the extensions don't. Anna's dress looks as if there might be a tiny white strip on the end of the sleeve if that's what the writer is saying, but it's hard to tell. Poor Jana if she got stuck on dress duty at the last minute. 

Ugh, the media interest in this is silly.  Yeah, we thought it was cute when Josh and Anna produced the first Grand Duggar spawn, but then we were "treated" to the births of #2 and #3 as well.....I know it'll be the first girl Duggar offshoot, but are we gonna get VSE's for JoyAnna's third kid?  I'm hoping that while Jill might believe birth control is "evil", maybe a little NFP might not be such a bad idea.  Hell, if Derrick is smart, he'll watch the calendar as well and suddenly develop a headache in the middle of the month

• Love 4
(edited)

I bet this is the first home haircut that Derick has ever had since a little boy

It may be, but I really don't see a problem with it... as long as Derick likes the result.  They are living on 1 income (it seems), and Derick may have school loans to pay. They may also have plans that will cost money, such as two week missions, a second car, travel, and so forth. 

I do hope Jill does not become pregnant until June 15, so that they get to spend a year just settling in.  They've only been married a few weeks, and with the courtship rules, they are still getting to know lots of things about it other.  I would like Jill to have a year off from parenting (or as close as she can get since she won't want to abandon her buddies, and her other siblings).    The more free time Jill has, the more time she has to discover who SHE is, what HER likes/dislikes are, the activities that SHE likes.   She's been busy being a sister-Mom and has never been allowed to have divergent thoughts. 

I hope they don't pick a letter, although Derick may not be opposed to doing so.  After all, he and his brother share a first initial. I think.

Finally, I hope they DON'T run out and get pregnant just to give Cathy her first grandchild.  We don't know Cathy's prognosis, she may have a great chance of getting thru this cancer just fine.  If not, and is terminally ill (NOTICE I said if), I still don't think the Dillards should rush into a lifetime commitment as a parent just so Cathy can SEE a baby for a few days/weeks/months. .

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2

Regarding Jenny staying at Jill's two weeks after the wedding, and the newlyweds' self-control:

Derick might think it was awkward, but Jill may not.  Jill has been exposed to calendar ovulation watch for years, has been traveling on a bus trip that featured a conception (Michelle and Jim Bob counted back to conception for one of the kids), has had children moved into her room (and bed) so that 'sweet fellowship' could occur, has gone from not holding hands, to public kissing and public sitting on Derick's lap in a short time.  She may not be embarrassed about having 'relations' in a room down the hall from Jenny because she thinksthat is how it works. In some ways, the rest of us are a lot more modest than the Duggars.

• Love 4
(edited)

I think a lot of people get pregnant with the idea of how sweet, cuddly and fun a baby will be. And while there are lots of those moments, having a kid is a heck of a lot of work! No one can really convince you of the level of sleep deprivation you experience with a newborn. With Jill's lengthy experience as a sister mom, I would think she would have a more realistic view than most on how stressful raising a kid can be. It would be nice to think that would encourage her to quietly practice some NFP for a while and enjoy the alone time with her husband. But the pregnancy worship run so deep in that family that I doubt it.

Edited by Libby96

NFP sure wouln't leave much funtime for them if they're following the Gothard "respect the cycle" rules. NFP calls for you to abstain not only during the days of ovulation but also a couple of days before and after. When I was using NFP as my only birth control, we cheated on one of those "just in case" days, and that's how we got my son! :-) Obviously it is their choice, but I'd love to get them alone and whisper, "For gosh sakes, kids, use a condom if you want to."

Oh, I think it would be fabulous if they used whatever old kind of birth control they wanted! I'd be super nervous trusting NFP myself! I just thought it would be a less "artificial" method to someone who has been raised to think birth control is wrong.

If you look at Jill's Pinterest, the entire wedding, including poses was planned out from her pins.

I took a look at her Pinterest and see what you mean.

Is depression era current wedding trend?

LOL!  I've always liked women's clothes from the 20s and 30s, so maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part!

I hope Jill does get the opportunity to make money for herself. She spent over half her life doing her parent's job of raising their children and earning money for them, I'm happy for her to make money on Instagram!

• Love 1

Not that I wish this for Jill as I have fertility issues, but I just hope that if Jill doesn't conceive right away, that she doesn't beat herself up for it. I know Anna mentioned being disappointed that she wasn't pregnant only a handful of months into her marriage.

Oh, I hadn't thought of depression era. The wedding signage and details like the aisle décor looked country chic and I'm pretty sure done by the wedding planner because they looked professionally produced. The Bridesmaids dresses did seem a bit off from that vibe. Is depression era current wedding trend? ;^p

Vintage definitely is a trend.

(edited)

Getting paid for posting pictures of her married life, and talk about her and Derrick getting their own show. Carbon copy of her famewhoring parents and Mr. and Mrs Smugs. Talk about selling your soul for the almighty buck and five minutes of fame. The ironic thing is the only one who has a decent work ethic married into the family. Please do not let Jill and Derrick get their own show. Neither one, in my opinion, are that interesting enough for an entire season. Their courtship was boring enough. Who wants to watch them interact with the Duggars and watch if and when she gets knock up. I would rather watch paint dry or the grass grow.

Edited by bigskygirl

Vintage definitely is a trend.

Ha! There just was an ad at the top of this page featuring several styles of brown, low heel, ankle t-strap depression era looking shoes. Now that's a really specific cookie or whatever the forum ads do to appear relevant.

• Love 1

And condoms would probably be the next step up since there are no chemicals or long-term commitments involved.

Purely speculation here, but let's say things are done "in the dark".  Nothing wrong with Derrick slippin' one on and Jill would know no different. 

And that's all I'll say, because while I know what this thread is for, still makes me feel squicky.  We joke about Boob/Bitchelle sex, but poor Jill knows no different, for what sexuality could be all about and has such a limited world view.  I feel bad for her, really

• Love 1

Regarding Jenny staying at Jill's two weeks after the wedding, and the newlyweds' self-control:

Derick might think it was awkward, but Jill may not.  Jill has been exposed to calendar ovulation watch for years, has been traveling on a bus trip that featured a conception (Michelle and Jim Bob counted back to conception for one of the kids), has had children moved into her room (and bed) so that 'sweet fellowship' could occur, has gone from not holding hands, to public kissing and public sitting on Derick's lap in a short time.  She may not be embarrassed about having 'relations' in a room down the hall from Jenny because she thinksthat is how it works. In some ways, the rest of us are a lot more modest than the Duggars.

Word up and spot on.  Is it just cognitive dissonance on their part to think exposing this type of stuff to their kids is perfectly fine and a collar bone being exposed is sinful?  I honestly have a hard time wrapping my head around this.  For the women in my family, it was considered immodest for anyone else, besides your mother, to know when you menstruated/ovulated.  And I sure as hell didn't know when my mother did. 

This stuff makes the wheel in my head spin, but the rat is on a break...

• Love 7

I'm not sure where the news of Jill and Derick pursuing a reality show came from, but I hope they drop the idea. I can see why they'd want to -- it's easy money for putting your life on camera, and that money will only help with expenses if they want to go on a mission trip, buy a home, having a lot of kids etc. And this is their 15 min of fame; if they don't do it in the next year, I'm not sure the public will care so much that she's the Duggar daughter who got married first 4 years ago.

But reality tv changes people. It's changed her family from one that was relatively "normal" for their circles to one where the parents' only concern became having more kids and acting a certain way in order to keep the viewers interested to keep the show on the air. As bad as it is for them, they were in their 40s when this happened. Jill and Derick are in their 20s and JUST got married and they hardly know each other. They are still getting to know each other, adjusting to living together, and over a long time will have to decide what their life together will look like. Doing this on camera is the surest way to do this in a "fake" way that is pleasing to viewers. Jill has to play the Gothard wife part on TV; with cameras around 24-7, she wouldn't be able to contradict Derick or question him in any way -- which he frankly probably wants her to do a bit so he can learn her thought process, likes/dislikes etc. Reality tv has always caused havoc on young marriages -- Nick & Jessica, Gosselins etc. -- and those people actually knew each other and dated for a long time before marrying; I can't even imagine what it'll do to a couple trying to get to know each other on tv.

• Love 2

We are here talking about them so they must be somewhat interesting to us. So maybe a show would work.

I think the point is that they are married now and there is nothing sinful about married affection.

There is nothing wrong with kissing or hugging after marriage. My problem is Jill is willing to sell their relationship for fame and fortune. They cry modesty until the cows come home, and we all are blue in the face, but the sad fact is they still like to post pictures for some bucks, and let TLC and People magazine showcase her wedding. Modest people are not vain or boastful and are unpretentious. Jill, in a round about way, is starting to turn into a major famewhore just like her parents and Joshie and Anna.