Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

It's the "Standing Around Looking at Foreign Stuff With Your Baby" Ministry !!!

Someone's building something in the background. Too bad it's not Jill pushing a wheelbarrow. That'd be too much like work.

• Love 4
(edited)

From Jill and Derick's FB fanpage.  It seems like they are with the SOS group that will be in the Honduras until August 1.  I wonder where Jill and Derick will be after that?  The caption read "Jill with the team in Honduras yesterday".

11822855_1121795737848693_18598273097294

Edited by abseedee
  • Love 2
(edited)

Jill is looking a lot skinnier than she did just a couple of weeks ago. Montezuma's revenge? I do like that she's keeping her hair up; no more long, wavy curls for daddy or the cameras.

ETA: though judging from the last picture posted above, I just really wish someone would take the poor woman shopping for a proper, supportive bra.

Edited by Vaysh
  • Love 4

ETA: though judging from the last picture posted above, I just really wish someone would take the poor woman shopping for a proper, supportive bra.

Seriously. With her planned breeding schedule, her boobs are going to be at her ankles by the time she's 30. A good bra is worth the investment. She's probably wearing crappy Wal-Mart brand sports bras that lose all their support after one washing.

• Love 4

Long term missions traditionally means anything more than 2 years. Short term is anything from 3 months to 2 years. A mission trip is anything shorter than that.

Jill and Derick expressed their desire to serve long term, and the fact that they sold or gave away much of what they accumulated bears this out. Derick also said that they were seizing the opportunity to go now before they got too settled and comfortable in their life as a married couple in NW Arkansas which would make it more difficult to leave and launch out in long term missions.

I'm sure there's truth to that, because initially his plan was to finish his MDiv and go through the appointment process with the IMB, but Jill also needed several undergrad hours to fulfill, which we know she's incapable of without taking some remedial courses before even starting. They'd have had to put off their plans for at least 4 or more years to qualify, so they scrapped that and started their own independent ministry to bypass all the education and training.

I'm just speculating, but I think they're doing ministry outreach with a lot of short term missionaries and churches that are on a quick mission trip to sort of "train" Jill in the aspects of basic ministry work and evangelism -- not the silly Duggarized interpretation of it. It's my thought that that's why they're taking these trips to other locations to sort of steep Jill in the basics while Derick probably has more of a co-leadership role with someone else. As for how they'll serve long term, I wouldn't be surprised if they're still trying to figure that out.

• Love 2

I wonder why mission groups don't collect all the money and then distribute it. If there are a lot of Duggar fans who contributed to a central finance place,  the mission group could fund more couples and make more of a dent in their school building, well digging. Christian soul transferring.

But why? She's totally rockin that leisure bra uniboob.

/sarc as I lounge in my just-purchased, well-fitted VS Body by Victoria goods

On the contrary (only my opinion of course) Izzy is not winning any Mr Genetically Blessed contests anytime soon. And that's not only going by photos of his parents.

Perhaps he'll grow into his features....

I was just going to say that same exact thing.

I do think that Jill is looking a lot better these days. That's really saying something if you think about it -- she just moved (to the tropics no less) and she has a 3 month old baby, and she looks cleaner, healthier, and more well-rested than I have ever seen her.

• Love 5

I was just going to say that same exact thing.

I do think that Jill is looking a lot better these days. That's really saying something if you think about it -- she just moved (to the tropics no less) and she has a 3 month old baby, and she looks cleaner, healthier, and more well-rested than I have ever seen her.

She's hundreds of miles from the toxic air she was breathing for nearly a quarter century. That might do it.

• Love 6

I am under the impression that Derick is there in some administrative capacity -- this is just my theory based on what we know:

1. SOS only does short-term missionary work, and Derick and Jill have said that they are on a long-term mission.

2. Derick has a background as a missionary and as an accountant -- a useful set of tools for someone doing the scheduling of lots of short-term missions

3, The SOS web site says that all missionaries must do their first tour in Honduras, which makes it seem likely that that is the SOS base of operations and that they have infrastructure there.

Someone needs to schedule the buses, arrange accommodations and food, pick people up at the airport, etc. i don't know that it was what Derick was dreaming about, but it was an opportunity that came along just when he was getting overwhelmed by his boring job, overbearing in-laws, clingy wife, etc.

• Love 5

Jill & Derick sold and gave away most of their belongings?

I was wondering about this too. They sold or gave away most of that stuff they seemingly JUST registered for not that long ago? 

• Love 3

... Someone needs to schedule the buses, arrange accommodations and food, pick people up at the airport, etc. i don't know that it was what Derick was dreaming about, but it was an opportunity that came along just when he was getting overwhelmed by his boring job, overbearing in-laws, clingy wife, etc.

Jessa is gonna be pissed. That is her known skill and jurisdiction.

• Love 7

Long term missions traditionally means anything more than 2 years. Short term is anything from 3 months to 2 years. A mission trip is anything shorter than that.

Jill and Derick expressed their desire to serve long term, and the fact that they sold or gave away much of what they accumulated bears this out. Derick also said that they were seizing the opportunity to go now before they got too settled and comfortable in their life as a married couple in NW Arkansas which would make it more difficult to leave and launch out in long term missions.

I'm sure there's truth to that, because initially his plan was to finish his MDiv and go through the appointment process with the IMB, but Jill also needed several undergrad hours to fulfill, which we know she's incapable of without taking some remedial courses before even starting. They'd have had to put off their plans for at least 4 or more years to qualify, so they scrapped that and started their own independent ministry to bypass all the education and training.

I'm just speculating, but I think they're doing ministry outreach with a lot of short term missionaries and churches that are on a quick mission trip to sort of "train" Jill in the aspects of basic ministry work and evangelism -- not the silly Duggarized interpretation of it. It's my thought that that's why they're taking these trips to other locations to sort of steep Jill in the basics while Derick probably has more of a co-leadership role with someone else. As for how they'll serve long term, I wouldn't be surprised if they're still trying to figure that out.

I do hope this is the case. Jill looks like she fits in with the group. It took me a moment to find her. Two or three years away from her parents under gentle but knowledgeable teaching would make a wonderful difference for Jill. She would be free in the way adult children can be freed of family disfunction without causing a serious rift. 

• Love 6

There won't Be enough money. I will really be surprised if Jill and Derick raise enough to cover their expenses past the first year. It is enormously hard to raise money CONSISTENTLY. Yes, they will cash in on their fame and some small segment of people will send them a one time donation. If they get a thousand people send $25, that's still only $25,000. That's not a lot. They will have Agee churches in their connections sponsoring them - that might be another $10,000. But $35,000 in your first year is still very little, because donations will come down from that.

There's a huge difference between sending a wedding gift or baby gift (FUN! Maybe it will be on the show!) and supporting mission work. (Not glamorous. Just part of a ministry.) Plus, the core supporters already tithe to their own organizations. There are competing ministries.

I just don't see where all of this money is going to pour in from. It's one thing to get free STUFF. It's a whole other ballgame to ask people to send cold, hard cash.

• Love 6

You should be fine if you stay in the cities, because at this point they're used to it. Speciality shops might be a different story though.

Yeah, it was the early 1970s when my sister lived there. Things have changed a LOT.

They aren't in any locations foreign to either Derick or Jill. The mission last winter encompassed both El Salvador and Honduras. Ben posted a picture from the border. At any rate, I doubt she's doing much different now, aside from possibly having a bit more of a supervisory role over the young women in her charge. She only had a week to train before the first voluntourists got there, so there was either a very steep learning curve, or there just isn't that much for her to learn because it's heavily steeped in evangelicism that's familiar to her from previous trips. 

Hopefully, Derick was behind her as a member of that construction crew. 

I agree Jill looks better than we have seen her look in a long time.

Don't agree about the bra though.  She is breastfeeding mother. For some women, tight and supportive bras cause clogs. Although she could wear a looser shirt. That's what I did. I had the loosey goosey uniboob look but I wore clothes that covered it up. 

• Love 3

It really looks to me like they don't mix with the local heathens at all.  I'm sure Holy Dill was not getting his hands dirty.  Jill looks like she only mixes with the fellow volunteers.  So they counsel fundamentalist Christians just like themselves about how to do nothing for the heathens for the 1 or 2 week stays they signed up for.

• Love 8
(edited)

I'm sure Jill and Derick will be some kind of assistants to the main missionary (Schadt?).  Helping organize things, working with the stream of volunturists, etc. Not a real mission work job. They'd be smart to get on his payroll if they want to stay there more than a year. For Jill's sake I hope they do. Jim Bob can only visit so many times. Jill might realize a few truths bout her family when the visit, none of them pleasant.

Hopefully, Derick was behind her as a member of that construction crew.

Derick still looks 20 pounds undernourished. I don't think he's doing much construction. I doubt Jill still gets that 'work' concept.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 2
(edited)

It really looks to me like they don't mix with the local heathens at all.  I'm sure Holy Dill was not getting his hands dirty.  Jill looks like she only mixes with the fellow volunteers.  So they counsel fundamentalist Christians just like themselves about how to do nothing for the heathens for the 1 or 2 week stays they signed up for.

I agree.  There is still nothing on their blog about what they are doing and how they are helping. 

They remind me of the Christian missionaries that went to convert the native Hawaiians in the 1800's.  The so called missionaries had no respect for their love of surfing, dancing, huna, etc.  (I'm sure the surfing naked really didn't go over too well either.)

Going to help poor people is one thing.  If you main goal is to convert - then stay the heck home.  

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 15
(edited)

Surely you wouldn't expect them to take linens, kitchenware, silverware, bath supplies and GIVE IT AWAY, do you?  

No, not really - that's why I'm trying to find out where this info even came from. I could see a lot of their gifts ending up at the TTH, but I didn't remember hearing anything about them giving away (or selling, returning, etc.) all that stuff.

ETA: not saying it didn't happen, just that I don't remember hearing about it so I was curious.

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 5

No, not really - that's why I'm trying to find out where this info even came from. I could see a lot of their gifts ending up at the TTH, but I didn't remember hearing anything about them giving away (or selling, returning, etc.) all that stuff.

ETA: not saying it didn't happen, just that I don't remember hearing about it so I was curious.

I have a strong feeling that all those goods are still at the McMansion.  Long term to J&D might be four or six months.  Remember, Jill has to get home soon.  Blessing #2 won't wait forever.   Gotta have another grand baby in the oven or Daddy Duggar won't be happy until he runs out of fingers and toes to count them all on.

• Love 2

I think your post about sums it up perfectly.    

• Love 2

I have a strong feeling that all those goods are still at the McMansion.  Long term to J&D might be four or six months.  Remember, Jill has to get home soon.  Blessing #2 won't wait forever.   Gotta have another grand baby in the oven or Daddy Duggar won't be happy until he runs out of fingers and toes to count them all on.

Agree 100%. I doubt they gave away anything. 

I also agree with the Hawaiian missionary comparison. Makes me want to dig out my copy of Michener's Hawaii for another read. 

• Love 8

Michener brought me so many hours of pleasure.  Consistent 1200 page masterpieces, all of them.  I sure miss him.  I think he decided to forgo dialysis.  Many people have.  Ah, the injustices the human body suffers.  I always thank God for all the days I am able to get by one way or another, unless I'm really in a bad way, then I don't thank anybody.  I feel insulted that my body did this to me---whatever it is, headache even.

• Love 7

So I am wondering ... If say a JW knocks on my door, I politely say I am not interested. But what if I am poor and my kids have barely enough to eat and a religious organization or Jill & Derick come to my community and invite me to a place with food, toys and safety. Would I politely listen and be thankful my kids are being fed? Would I convert out of indebtedness? Would I begin to believe God only provides for those with certain belief systems?

If I think skeptically it feels more patronizing than helpful to vulnerable folks who may be full of faith but have empty bellies.

No attacks please. I'm 'thinking aloud' and these are just questions.

• Love 10

Well, that's good news.

I'm extremely jaded concerning these 'mission' trips....I have no real knowledge of them, mind, I was in a combat support hospital in the Army, that's the extent of my camping out :D...but it seems to me that the money they are paying to go to this country and 'help' (read...preach to the people and generally get in the way of any kind of real work medical people are doing) these people....just take that money and donate it, and I'm QUITE sure the people would put it to much better use.

"How much does a trip cost?

In addition to airfare, in country expenses (food, housing, transportation) are $650 for the first week and $300 for each additional week (Central America only)."

That's a nice chunk of change for the area they are visiting. I say just give them the money, and be done with it...or, better yet, give it to Doctors Without Borders. It will be put to MUCH better use. Just my opinion. These people don't need to be preached at, for chrissake...

• Love 19

Phoenix62 wrote (and the quote box failed):

'"How much does a trip cost?
In addition to airfare, in country expenses (food, housing, transportation) are $650 for the first week and $300 for each additional week (Central America only)."

'That's a nice chunk of change for the area they are visiting. I say just give them the money, and be done with it...or, better yet, give it to Doctors Without Borders. It will be put to MUCH better use. Just my opinion. These people don't need to be preached at, for chrissake...'

Yeah, I agree. The money spent getting and keeping people in the places where they "mission" could be put to a lot more productive use than airfare. And even when people "work" in the places they go to, unless they're actually providing some kind of technical expertise that simply isn't available in the "missioned" area -- and preferably also training locals in it -- I'd much rather see infrastructure and resources provided so that locals could make a living by doing the work themselves. Nobody actually needs somebody else swooping in to build you a rudimentary house. People can do that for themselves if they can afford it. It's all just "voluntourism," with a white-man's-burdeny religious slant, in my opinion, and I think most if not all voluntourism is a waste of resources.

That said, I would way rather see people determined to go on missions, like the Duggars, work and tangibly help out when they get there rather than just jawbone people. But that's for their sake, not for the sake of those jawboned at or "helped." Better for Jill that she share in the work of the world and in that way get closer to locals and have a better chance of really getting to know them rather than only being on hand to convert, I think.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14

Also, are the Dills really only staying in El Salvador for a month? Why on earth would Derrick quit his job over a one-month exploit?!

Because now that gay marriage is legal the world is about to come to a cataclysmic end, thus making long-term plans unnecessary.
  • Love 18

Better for Jill that she share in the work of the world and in that way get closer to locals and have a better chance of really getting to know them rather than only being on hand to convert, I think.

Convert to what, though? Is she trying to promote christianity in general, or create new quiverfulls? Because the (in global terms) extremely rich Duggar family have already pretty much conceded that they can't sustain the lifestyle they're promoting without large infusions of outside income. I can't imagine that the people they're trying to convert are going to be able to better afford living that way, particularly without government-subsidized healthcare.

• Love 5

Convert to what, though? Is she trying to promote christianity in general, or create new quiverfulls? Because the (in global terms) extremely rich Duggar family have already pretty much conceded that they can't sustain the lifestyle they're promoting without large infusions of outside income. I can't imagine that the people they're trying to convert are going to be able to better afford living that way, particularly without government-subsidized healthcare.

Who knows? The Duggars may have conceded in practical terms that they need external cash infusions, but who knows what they actually conclude from that-- such as whether they actually consciously acknowledge that that means their view is unsustainable. Nevertheless, I would assume what they're doing is trying to get people to convert to the a Protestantism in their vein -- no Pope, faith not works, personal walk with Jesus, no infant baptism and so on. The key stuff they'd talk about probably wouldn't be birth control or Quiverfull, I don't think. For one thing, in Catholic country birth control already has the "unacceptable" tag.

For myself, I don't fully grasp the idea of conversion. I'm a long-committed atheist. But I never try to convince other people to believe what I do. Beliefs of that magnitude are something you have to come to on your own, in my opinion, and I'm content to respect other people's beliefs and their right to hold them without a bunch of arguments from me. I respect a lot of ideas that various religions have come up with, and I don't mind acknowledging that many people get a great deal out of their faiths, just as I get a lot out of my beliefs. (I have to say it's usually agnostics who try to convert me.Over the years I've heard "You should call yourself an agnostic the way I do because you just can't be sure and 'atheist' is too arrogant!!" from tons of people anxious for ... something ... my ultimate state if I turn out to be wrong, I guess?)

I do think that if, like the Duggars, you truly believe that a person's ultimate infinite fate -- and the perhaps imminent fate of the whole world, including you -- depends on as many people as possible believing exactly what you do, then you have a pretty overpowering reason to try to convert as many as you can to whatever aspects of your faith are crucial. Don't know which Jill and Derick would consider crucial, although I kind of imagine that the Quiverfull part may be for a special few who can handle it and are worthy of it, and not for everybody?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9

They have so much stuff at the TTH. When they were searching for Josie's crib I was shocked. What a bunch of crap. Even with all those people they need a garage sale. Or donate to people who need it. They certainly received help when they needed it. My guess is Dullards have stuff at one of the storage units, the TTH or even in their own empty house. Since they won't be there for a while, maybe they left it fully furnished for the Marjorie couple.

It's been a while since that goodbye message, but one thing that really irked me was when Derrick skidded over to claim his bride near the end. It just looked so childish to me for some reason.  I dunno what it was about that, it just bothered me. (Same as Michelle holding hands with JimBob in the duckling pics and no child. Like she was the child. There is just some weirdness in some of the media) Looks like Derrick fits right into this crazy train I guess.

• Love 2

Churchhoney, I have to say I'm confused by your username if you're an atheist....

Well, I wasn't born an atheist. My current self came out of a pretty church-soaked background plus a lot of religious thought on my part. I studied a lot of religion in college and have a big collection of theology books! Basically, as a result of all this, a friend gave me the nickname long ago when I was working my way through all the thinking and we both were quite taken with the Merchant-Ivory movie A Room With a View.

• Love 12

Jill and Derick expressed their desire to serve long term, and the fact that they sold or gave away much of what they accumulated bears this out.

Where was this reported? And does this mean the tens of thousands of wedding and baby gifts were "given away"? I'll bet I know where they ended up!

• Love 4

Who knows? The Duggars may have conceded in practical terms that they need external cash infusions, but who knows what they actually conclude from that-- such as whether they actually consciously acknowledge that that means their view is unsustainable. Nevertheless, I would assume what they're doing is trying to get people to convert to the a Protestantism in their vein -- no Pope, faith not works, personal walk with Jesus, no infant baptism and so on. The key stuff they'd talk about probably wouldn't be birth control or Quiverfull, I don't think. For one thing, in Catholic country birth control already has the "unacceptable" tag.

For myself, I don't fully grasp the idea of conversion. I'm a long-committed atheist. But I never try to convince other people to believe what I do. Beliefs of that magnitude are something you have to come to on your own, in my opinion, and I'm content to respect other people's beliefs and their right to hold them without a bunch of arguments from me. I respect a lot of ideas that various religions have come up with, and I don't mind acknowledging that many people get a great deal out of their faiths, just as I get a lot out of my beliefs. (I have to say it's usually agnostics who try to convert me.Over the years I've heard "You should call yourself an agnostic the way I do because you just can't be sure and 'atheist' is too arrogant!!" from tons of people anxious for ... something ... my ultimate state if I turn out to be wrong, I guess?)

I do think that if, like the Duggars, you truly believe that a person's ultimate infinite fate -- and the perhaps imminent fate of the whole world, including you -- depends on as many people as possible believing exactly what you do, then you have a pretty overpowering reason to try to convert as many as you can to whatever aspects of your faith are crucial. Don't know which Jill and Derick would consider crucial, although I kind of imagine that the Quiverfull part may be for a special few who can handle it and are worthy of it, and not for everybody?

Honestly, I just do not get faith without works.  That is contrary to everything I was raised to believe.  My grandmother was SURE that when she got to heaven that there would be a job waiting for her and that once she was not limited by her mortal body she'd be able to do it better.  I hope she's right.  God knows, there is plenty to be done and her mortal self was pretty damn effective. :)

• Love 6

The Dullards travelling to other countries on other peoples money calling it a mission so that they can tell others that the Dullards are right about what they believe and no one else has any history or basis for believing otherwise.

• Love 11

Honestly, I think other than helping with administrative duties I can't see what they have to offer, other than praising the Lord and patting each other and the other volunteers on the back.  Probably because I'm a heathen.

As I said, people always criticize how people spend charitable money! :)

This is true.  United Way anyone?

• Love 4

So I am wondering ... If say a JW knocks on my door, I politely say I am not interested. But what if I am poor and my kids have barely enough to eat and a religious organization or Jill & Derick come to my community and invite me to a place with food, toys and safety. Would I politely listen and be thankful my kids are being fed? Would I convert out of indebtedness? Would I begin to believe God only provides for those with certain belief systems?

If I think skeptically it feels more patronizing than helpful to vulnerable folks who may be full of faith but have empty bellies.

No attacks please. I'm 'thinking aloud' and these are just questions.

Good questions. I hope that at the church I belong to, we make people in need of help feel like we care about them. I try very hard to go out of my way to make sure they don't think we think of them only as a way to increase our membership. It's taken us a while to get to this point due to some governmental red tape requirements, but we are very intentional in that we never ask intrusive, potentially embarrassing questions. We ask what they need and if they have or have had enough. No strings. No forms. No one wants to fill out a form when they're tummy is rumbling. No one wants to answer potentially embarrassing question re: income, future plans, welfare benefits, etc in the presence of their hungry child(ren). I hope the folks we help just feel love and (prayerfully) respect. 

• Love 6

I bet that Jill and Derick just locked the door and walked away from their home.  It's there for them when they come back to Arkansas.  And it is there for whatever people Jim Bob needs to house.   Maybe Josiah and Marjory will be let in, but I have my doubts about that courtship progressing.  I think Jim Bob will find uses for it while Jilly Muffin is converting the masses.

• Love 3

Regarding the statement I made about Jill and Derick selling/giving away their belongings, sorry, I might be making that assumption because that's what most families do when they set off to do long term missions. If you remember, Jill and Derick's plan to serve in missions full time was years down the road so it made sense for them to "set up house", but it wasn't until pretty recently that they made other plans to go much sooner. IIRC, it was shortly after the Alive festival that Derick announced their plans and I thought I heard Derick announce via social media or read somewhere that mentioned them paring down their belongings and making preparations to go. I'm sure they packed and stored a lot of their sentimental and personal belongings. As far as furniture and household items go, most full time missionaries don't hang onto those things typically because they don't plan to permanently live stateside again for several years, even decades. Even when on furlough, every 6 or 7 years. they'll come back for up to a year, but they are given fully furnished missionary housing (when supported by or in partnership with a mission organization within your denomination).

• Love 1

The freejinger Instagram has a close up from a few days ago, of Jill's hand and Derrick's hand. It looks like he has an extra joint in his thumb?? Wtf??

I always thought it was bad photoshop from their "professional" pictures, but I guess dude has thumb issues.

I think that "paring down belongings" referred to what they would take, versus what they were getting rid of. Because I bet they left the house pretty much as-is. After all, there's no mortgage to be paid, or even rent for that matter (I think we can now check that off the list...they get free houses). I maintain that they actually didn't sell or donate anything; they just took fewer things than they would normally take on a trip. That said, we haven't seen Jill repeat outfits yet, so it's not as if she only brought a couple outfits to rotate through. Let's see if they actually stay down there past this weekend when the last mission trip for the summer ends. 

PS: I was the one who noted Derick's additional thumb knuckle on the FJ instagram. :D

• Love 1

The family I know that went to Cambodia got rid of EVERYTHING including their house. I believe they rented it out. Their "stuff" got given away. They stored some sentimental stuff with her parents who live in the area, but that's about it. From what I understood, they only took 1 suitcase per person (they have 4 kids) and 8 rubbermaid big tubs of stuff. That was it. Each kid took a few things that meant something to them, maybe a few books and enough clothing that would fit in a large suitcase. They came back to the US about 6 months ago (talked to a friend back home) and were staying with her parents while they were here. They came back for something having to do with language proficiency. They're working in a medical clinic and fluency in the language is a requirement. They passed the test and were heading back to Cambodia last month. 

What the Dullards are doing pisses me off...they're not doing anything useful at all...there's a boatload of rules for my friends...and #1 is that the medical folks are not allowed to discuss religion with their patients. They're there as Christian missionaries, yes, but they're there to provide medical care. From what I understand, medical care there is like here...if you have no money, you get no care. The mission provides medical care regardless of ability to pay. THAT is what missionaries should be doing...

• Love 10

There are all kinds of missions, but Christ's own words before he departed tells his believers to go into all the world and share the good news of the gospel. That's not a very popular message these days and many Christians have made a mess in their attempts, but the truth is this: what compels believers to step out of their comfort zone and share the gospel comes from God and that's a calling. Men and women all over the globe have been obeying Christ's mandate for more than 2,000 years. It might not be a popular topic on this board, but for many Christians it's their life purpose, as what appears to be the case for Derick and Jill.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 9