Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Looks like they're in the Carolinas somewhere.  Derrick is postiviely glowing (as he should be with what he finally accomplished) and Jill looks so happy. Love she is looking all natural and relaxed!

My guess is Kitty Hawk. Duggarfam posted a video of Jackson doing a book report on the Wright Brothers a couple of months ago. I can totally see whoever is "teaching" them these days telling Jackson to read this book because it is where Jerick will be going on their honeymoon. That's how they've rolled with their "schooling" for years.

I don't think she's too confused, she got lucky and landed a pretty hot guy for her circles!

@JessDVD - if she's at the beach she is immersed in a complete world of immodestly (to Gothard, his cult, Jim Bob and Michelle) dressed people.

Think of, breasts, bikinis and thongs everywhere.

If she was rejecting her parents' cult teaching so fast, she would not be living in a house that her father owns. Plus, she let her father and TLC profit off her courtship and wedding. Yep, Derick also is rejecting the cult to by reminding people to watch the wedding on TLC while posting his first honeymoon picture on his instagram account. And btw, Jill should continue with her midwife training because she wants to, not because it gives her something to do.

I can't snark on those two crazy kids. They just are as cute as can be. While less than a year from first meeting to marriage seems a bit quick to me, I do think they are totally in love and between that and their commitment to the institution of marriage I think they will be just fine. I think if Jill is a bit dazed it is in a totally normal way. I remember being so happy to have my wedding finished and just be together on my honeymoon with my husband, and we'd already spent tons of time alone before the wedding.

• Love 3

I so, so, so hope that on one of Jana & Jill's labor & delivery trips, they stopped by Walmart and picked up a bikini for Jill to sneak into her luggage for the honeymoon.

• Love 5

We're not going to know what Gothard rules she rejects until literally, the honeymoon is over.  She's tasting freedom right now, but the second she goes back to Duggarland, with her parents watching over them, will be a real test of her new independence.  I would love to see on camera Bitchelle commenting on Jill wearing pants, and Jill looking her mother right in the eye and saying "Derrick bought them for me" and dropping the subject. 

• Love 2

Dazed and high is exactly how she looks - you nailed it!  I never thought about going from handholding to sex in that short of time - wow!  The one pic Derrick took, she actually looks a little freaked out.  I hope that she is enjoying finally being with only one other person and it isn't scaring her.

Well, I went to a wedding recently where the bridesmaids wore knee-length, strapless (of course) white dresses that were perfectly fine, but they all wore Converse with them.  No seriously.  At a wedding.  In a church.  Apparently that's the vibe the bride was going for.  To each their own, I guess, but I thought it looked hideous. So the sandals here, while not ideal certainly, aren't the worst thing I've ever seen.

That's a popular/trendy thing to do with weddings right now.  You can even get customized converse shoes for your wedding day.

I have a friend that goes married years ago and she wore doc martin boots under her wedding dress. 

Now a couple weekends ago my brother's now wife wore these sparkly boots of some sort.. sort of cowboy-ish  which was a little bizarre since her wedding theme was beach and i only saw them when she was walking around holding the dress up and they just looked like they fit weird.

Obviously Jill wasn't going for a 'dressy' wedding.  I don't think pumps/dress shoes would have matched the style of the wedding or dresses at all. 

Maybe white sandals/wedges, rather than brown, with belts to match? Still on the casual side, but a bit more in tune with a wedding in a big church? Or if anything, the belts/shoes could have been more nude in tone to preserve her Shabby Chic look. Just too clunky.

Interesting that even in the picture in which Derick carried Jill out of the Information area, we have never seen what shoes SHE chose to wear. She obviously wasn't as hung up on this as any of the girls attached with Bates marriages. Unless there's a love note on the bottoms of Jill's shoes (god, that sounds so Pinterest) that we won't see until the 2-part VSE. I'm pretty sure they'll drag this out now that the honeymoon locale is also under wraps, although I think there's a good lead, with logic on video (a "hint" to fans that they didn't know of yet) that we nailed it.

The teal with the white slip addition hanging out with the brown belts and clunky shoes was just too much color variation.  Jill's dress wasn't country or shabby chic.  The church wasn't either one either.  Some white sandals that weren't clunky would have been fine and the belts needed to go for the best look IMO.  If they just had to do belts, then white ones.  They could have gone with silver shoes and belts if they lost the white slips.  Anna would have looked immensely better without the belt. 

• Love 1

Hello All! I'm new here, and relatively new to Reality TV as well (apart from a few other shows such as Judge Judy and RPDR). I've not participated on any RTV forums but have been reading voraciously in the past weeks. Thanks to the Admins/Mods for accepting so promptly my reg request!

Has anyone besides me considered that the couple did not consummate their marriage on their wedding night?

• Love 4

If one is going with a theme, it needs to be consistent. I can't say what theme Jill was going for. Her dress was lovely and Derick looked quite dashing. Score 2!

I agree with those who said those white tiers looked like hem-lengtheners. Did they use retired linens instead of buying a fabric in an aqua tone? Did they not employ a seamstress (even a friend pro-bono) to make sure they hung straight and even? Looked like a Rush Job to me. Score -6!

The clunky sandals so did NOT fit, very 80s. Better to go with a flat or a slight wedge in a putty color (as suggested above). And lose the brown belts too, replace with a fitted waist or self-belt type sash.

I'm not a fashionista but I've got a fairly good eye for art...just felt a need to add my comments to the mix.

• Love 2

I am spending too much time think about this but I think that the bridesmaid dresses were homemade. Anna's bridesmaid dresses were homemade. I think that Anna and Jana probably made them.

If you're a good sewer then by all means sew your own dresses. If not, then you should really shell out the money to make sure it's done right.

I just don't understand why people have bridesmaids/groomsmen at all. I chose not to have any because there would be too many people offended/left out and it just seemed like a lot of unnecessary work and stress. 

• Love 3

I don't mind the shoe choices for the bridesmaids. At my wedding, I wore saddle shoes and at my prom 22 years ago, I wore converse hi tops with my prom dress so I can't be too judgey about the shoe choices others make! :)

I, for one, can't wait to see how their relationship shakes out as time goes on. I feel like it's possible for Jill and Derrick to do things a little bit different, just given the fact that he isn't a sheltered person. He would probably let Jill decide about wearing pants and things like that.

If one is going with a theme, it needs to be consistent. I can't say what theme Jill was going for. Her dress was lovely and Derick looked quite dashing. Score 2!

I agree with those who said those white tiers looked like hem-lengtheners. Did they use retired linens instead of buying a fabric in an aqua tone? Did they not employ a seamstress (even a friend pro-bono) to make sure they hung straight and even? Looked like a Rush Job to me. Score -6!

The clunky sandals so did NOT fit, very 80s. Better to go with a flat or a slight wedge in a putty color (as suggested above). And lose the brown belts too, replace with a fitted waist or self-belt type sash.

I'm not a fashionista but I've got a fairly good eye for art...just felt a need to add my comments to the mix.

Who cares. It was her wedding and she went with what she wanted. That's all that matters.

• Love 5

Did Jill reject Gothard cult rules and Michelle and Jim Bob's teachings regarding the beach at her first opportunity? I vote yes. And I'm glad she did.

The Reason We Don't Swim in Public by MIchelle Duggar

"We typically don't go to the beach in the summertime. And in general we don't do a lot of swimming events where swimming suits are worn because it's just too hard for the guys to try to keep their eyes averted in those situations.

We have some friends who allow us to use their swimming pools. Or we sometimes visit a creek or a lake that's private. And in those situations the kids are always wearing modest clothes. 

Growing up I would wear a bathing suit or shorts and not realize that it was revealing. When I got older I really felt convicted about my responsibility for how I was causing others to be defrauded. And I began to cover up because I felt responsible for my part in that.

I realize that you can't keep somebody from having wrong thoughts, but I do think you have control at least on how you present yourself. So as the older girls and guys grew up they became sensitive to their clothing choices. The girls would say, "Do you think this is too low-cut or should I put a pin here? Or what do you think about this? Is this too short?"

We really do know that this isn't for everyone; this is just our personal conviction before our Lord. And this is what our family does. There are some families that are much more modest than we are, while others families may feel like modest dress just isn't a conviction for them." http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and-counting/michelle-duggars-blog/michelle-duggar-modesty-and-bathing-suits.htm

• Love 2

Who cares. It was her wedding and she went with what she wanted. That's all that matters.

When you sell your wedding to a TV show and a magazine, people will comment. 

• Love 11

Bring up the wedding special on his first picture with his wife on instagram. Need some promotion I guess  *lol*

If they were provided with a free wedding/honeymoon as rumored, I would think Derick would be contractually obligated to plug the special.

Ok, I have to say that I never actually realized Michelle USES the phrase "cause others to be defrauded", I think I'd just assumed that was people mocking her obvious lunacy in this department.  Yes, Michelle, every person who sets foot on a beach is automatically ruined for life because of women parading around in their swimsuits.

I think it's not impossible that Jill & Derick are at a private beach, which would kind of make them not really turning on parental rules, but if they really don't go to the beach much/ever, it is still a step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned.

Also, even if TLC didn't comp the wedding or honeymoon, J & D may have still been asked, or felt it appropriate to put a plug in for the wedding special. Really though, if TLC had comped the wedding, I would think it would have looked a little less "homemade". Nothing wrong with homemade (see: my wedding 8 years ago), but if TLC were paying for it, I would have certainly done less homemade.

• Love 2

Mullet, when I am not at -gasp !- work, my 3 blessings & I are at the public pool. Hubs is not a fan, but it is a wonderfully healthy activity. It is good to be out in the sun and water, splashing around with friends. We bring snack and relax. You should try it !

• Love 1

Just because Jill and Derick may have went to a public beach does not mean they are stepping away from the Gothard cult and her parents. TLC probably paid for her wedding and honeymoon, and daddy picked Derick for her. She is living in a house she is renting from her father. Unless she tells her parents, I am completely leaving the movement, getting a house on my own, no more being a part of or be filmed as part of the dog and pony show, only having a few kids, work while I am married, following a religion of my own choice, and paying back TLC for the wedding and honeymoon then she is still going along with JimBoob and Mullet.

And Mullet, I am sure you defrauded many men while wearing a bathing suit in your own little mind. Besides after having nineteen kids, the only man who would want to see you in a suit would be your horndog husband.

Just because Jill and Derick may have went to a public beach does not mean they are stepping away from the Gothard cult and her parents. TLC probably paid for her wedding and honeymoon, and daddy picked Derick for her. She is living in a house she is renting from her father. Unless she tells her parents, I am completely leaving the movement, getting a house on my own, no more being a part of or be filmed as part of the dog and pony show, only having a few kids, work while I am married, following a religion of my own choice, and paying back TLC for the wedding and honeymoon then she is still going along with JimBoob and Mullet.

And Mullet, I am sure you defrauded many men while wearing a bathing suit in your own little mind. Besides after having nineteen kids, the only man who would want to see you in a suit would be your horndog husband.

What you describe is more of a jump than a step. It may take some time and be a journey of a lot of steps. I agree  with you that one trip to the beach does not mean that she is leaving the fundie fold, but it could be that first small step. Time will tell.

• Love 1

I would love to see one of the kids tell JB and Mullet what they can do with their livestyle, but I am not holding my breath that Joshie and Anna or Derick and Jill will be leaving the fold completely.

I don't think she'll jump ship completely, especially considering how much money she gets for acting all Gothard-ish on TV. But I love the fact that the first thing she did when she had the freedom was go to the beach which is expressly seen as wicked by Bill Gothard and Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar.

But yeah, Jill will keep up with the fundie act for the TV money for sure. 

The thing is TLC might have pick the place and paid for it, so in otherwords, she and Derick being at the beach is still a part of the dog and pony show. If they decided to do this on their own, I would say this is making a decision without TLC, Gothard, and JB and Mullet.

The entire family went to the beach in Israel... hence the wonderful scene where Jim Bob swam out to the buoy in his jeans to announce to the males being filmed speaking with his daughters that he was their Dad.  Josh and Anna honeymooned at Myrtle Beach.  So it's not that they hate the beach, they just disapprove of everyone elses  attire.  I am guessing that Derick and Jill got the use of a condo or vacation home on a private section of beach. 

Has anybody else seen the picture of Jill and Derrick's first kiss with JimBob looking on from less than an arm's length away?  So gross!  He looks like such a creeper.  I can't get the picture out of my head of him and Michelle with them in the same room on their wedding night...................................

• Love 1
(edited)

Do you have a link to the picture? Maybe he is a little jealous of Derick because JB is getting at the age where his performance skills may start lacking. Could someone please pass me the extra strength brain bleach.

Edited by bigskygirl

Ok, I have to say that I never actually realized Michelle USES the phrase "cause others to be defrauded", I think I'd just assumed that was people mocking her obvious lunacy in this department.  Yes, Michelle, every person who sets foot on a beach is automatically ruined for life because of women parading around in their swimsuits.

It's not like Michelle came up with the phrase "cause others to be defrauded". This is straight from Gothard, the pervert.

Okay, saw the picture. I feel sorry for the poor girl since she seems to think her father aka Mr. Horndog and her brother aka The Cavity Sucker Outer, I Have Seen Less Suction While Using a Plunger to Unclog My Toilet are great kissers.

Okay, saw the picture. I feel sorry for the poor girl since she seems to think her father aka Mr. Horndog and her brother aka The Cavity Sucker Outer, I Have Seen Less Suction While Using a Plunger to Unclog My Toilet are great kissers.

Hook me up with a link!

• Love 1

I could be completely wrong, but I think that the idea for the bridesmaids dresses was probably the mint with a touch of white petticoat showing at the hem. Then (I think) that the girls got into a modesty contest -- each saying that she would need the white to be just a bit longer because "I'm just a bit more modest than you." You can see on the younger girl's dress that there is just a bit of white showing beyond the hem of the green.

I really hope that other posters are right and that Derrick and Jill will go fundie-lite and move away from Gothardism, but I think the signs point the opposite way.

1. Derrick sought out Jim Bob. Who he is and what he stands for are well known. Why seek him out as a "prayer partner" if you think he is too extreme.

2. I can't help but wonder if Derrick sought out Jim Bob in the hope of finding a fundie wife. If his mother is terminal (and I hope for a million different reasons that she is not), he may have wanted to find someone who would be open to marrying after a very short courtship and begin popping out babies.

3. Derrick comes from a small family, and it's my experience that people from small families often want large families (and vice versa)

4. Even if Derrick does think that he and Jill can go fundie-lite, Jill has been programmed for 20+ years. People can be brain-washed in a matter of months. Unraveling years of programming is not going to happen overnight. I don't think anyone would choose a wife thinking "once she's de-programmed . . . "

5. They have accepted a house from JB and J'chelle

6. They are shilling for 19 Kids and Counting during their honeymoon (ick)

I can't begin to imagine what the lives of the Duggar kids are like. What would it be like to grow up with no friends and no contact outside of your immediate family? What would it be like to have literally no privacy -- not one second of privacy -- for your entire life? What would it be like to live in this type of environment where you can never open your mouth, or share an opinion, without being afraid that it will get back to your parents and you will be sent off to a re-education camp? I don't know how Derrick can begin to relate to that.

I think that this is going to be a HUGE transition for Jill. Can you imagine what it will be like when Derrick goes back to work and Jill is alone in her own house for the first time? I think the Duggar kids will be swarming her house all.the.time. I think that's going to be a HUGE adjustment for Derrick.

• Love 3

JimBoob no doubt came up and made a big speech about how this would be the couple's 1st smooch before personally giving the go ahead and then standing by with his trademark shit eating grin. It's always all about JB and Mullet no matter what the occasion.

• Love 2

Since they both have heart for mission work, my hope is that they eventually head off to Africa or Asia.  There Jill can possibly be a midwife and Derrick can do whatever work he did in Nepal (did we ever find out what he did there?)  I am sure she'll have babies, but she'll probably enlist some natives to care for them while she works.

(edited)

Derick started working at WalMart this year. I do not think they will be too pleased if he decided to go on another mission, and the chance his job will be there when he came back would be slim to nothing. And I bet dollars to donuts, once the babies will be coming along, she will be giving up her so called career. She may not want to raise or have her children in another country.

Edited by bigskygirl

Yeah, I don't see a mission trip in their future for several years. But that gives Jill time to finish up her midwifery certification and maybe have one baby.

I doubt Cathy was diagnosed until recently. She probably wouldn't have taken that long trip to Nepal when Derick came home. Does anyone know what type of cancer she has?

OMG! Did anyone else notice that in the video with the bridal store owner, that J'chelle did not once mention how pretty Jill looked in the dress?

There was talk about the dress, and about how great a mom J'chelle was, and about "modesty," but nothing about Jill. Who does that? Is this some bit of Gothardism that J'chelle can't even say, "my daughter was a beautiful bride."

While people can talk about the bridesmaid's dresses, Jill was a beautiful bride. Why can't her own mother give it up for her for one second of one day of her life?

I doubt Cathy was diagnosed until recently. She probably wouldn't have taken that long trip to Nepal when De rrick came home. Does anyone know what type of cancer she has?

I wonder that, too. It's seems like a very quick decline from a trip to Nepal in Jan or Feb to missing the rehearsal dinner and needing a wheel chair in June.

What little I've seen of her, I've really liked: the pants, her interactions with Derrick, the side-eye at the Duggar hh. I especially loved her promise to pamper Jill. Like many other posters, I would love to see Jill pampered a bit. And, I would especially love to see Jill show affection to a mother figure who showed affection in return.

I would love to watch an episode where Jill and her mother-in-law went out shopping for the day, bought some pants, had some lunch, and then said goodbye by giving each other a normal, affectionate hug.

• Love 5

Has Jill been on a mission trip for an extended length of time? It's one thing to visit a third world craphole for a couple of weeks to ooh and ahh over the poverty, but to live there for one or two years? Jill has a good heart but I'm not sure she could hack it.

• Love 2

Mullet returned home after the wedding and changed into one of the most godawful ugly tops in her entire trainwreck of a wardrobe. Considering that she and JimBoob were still entertaining a bunch of people, you'd think she could at least try to look somewhat presentable and put together. Josie is such a typical kid - enjoying wearing her princess dress on a hot day without that stupid jacket. That Mullet would get her panties in a wad over a 4-year-old's shoulders tells me there is something very wrong and creepy going on in that brainwashed head of hers.

• Love 8