Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I read that completely wrong at first I read it as Jill with a shotgun waiting patiently in the parking lot.

No, she texts him pictures of a shotgun while he's at his desk. A reminder not to talk to his female coworkers.

• Love 2
Does that means she's getting drugs that she previously stated she was going to do without? Or is an IV mandatory if giving birth in a hospital?

I'm not a medical professional but I know from my experience of 3 C-sections and countless surgeries with my first child to repair a congential birth defect that it is standard for them to automatically put the IV needles in for patients who they anticipate possibly having to do surgery on, even if the needles are not delivering medicine. It's so they can have "emergency access" if you code out or something goes wrong really fast and they don't have time to put in an IV line.

• Love 1

Biggest sign Izzy was a c-section? He's in the nursery with Derick at what looks like roughly 12:10am. If it was a vaginal birth around 11:50pm, he'd still be with Momma as they try to keep them together for an hour or two after vaginal birth. C-section babies can't reunite with Momma until she's stitched up and had some of the drugs wear off.

Izzy being in her lap isn't a huge deal with stitches. If she's controlled with pain medication and not in pain, Momma can hold him any way she prefers.

• Love 4
(edited)

I see Boob's smerk in little RIckJamesBitch's smile. *I refuse to call him any other name from now on!*

Biggest sign Izzy was a c-section? He's in the nursery with Derick at what looks like roughly 12:10am. If it was a vaginal birth around 11:50pm, he'd still be with Momma as they try to keep them together for an hour or two after vaginal birth. C-section babies can't reunite with Momma until she's stitched up and had some of the drugs wear off.

Izzy being in her lap isn't a huge deal with stitches. If she's controlled with pain medication and not in pain, Momma can hold him any way she prefers.

One of my twins was born cold so I didn't get to see her for 2 hours while they tried to get her temperature up. I had a normal birth and not a C-section. Oh and my husband got to wear scrubs too so we can't take that into meaning it was a C-section.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 2

For a group that kept checking on his arrival, he sure is not getting a happy welcome from us and the only thing he did was come out into the world.

No doubt. Freakin' A

I guess bc the poor kid had a healthy birth and Jill didn't expire during labor that everyone figures they're fair game. Crap, you'd think they'd get 24 hours of good will.

Seriously people, when has Jill ever been neat and super groomed?? Cut the woman some slack. In the big picture, her nails and headband are the least of her worries.

Cute baby. Very happy for a healthy birth.

• Love 17

I see Boob's smerk in little RIckJamesBitch's smile. *I refuse to call him any other name from now on!*

One of my twins was born cold so I didn't get to see her for 2 hours while they tried to get her temperature up. I had a normal birth and not a C-section. Oh and my husband got to wear scrubs too so we can't take that into meaning it was a C-section.

But I'm also guessing that your baby wasn't cleaned up and chilling with Daddy in the nursery without machines hooked up to them twenty minutes after birth. I'm not saying there aren't exceptions to the rule, but twenty minutes after birth separated from Momma without obvious medical intervention on either side screams C-section IMO.

• Love 3

My mother still tells the story (35 years later) of how before my birth, she gave herself a meticulous red manicure and the nurses removed her nail polish so they could keep an eye on her nail beds and all she sees in the pictures immediately following my birth are her smeared pinkish nails/finger tips.  So I give Jill a pass.  CUTE baby!

• Love 2

I just got home and had to log on here to see if Jill had the baby yet. I love the pic of the baby, thank you for that! I think he looks like a Duggar. Guess what joke is going to get old real fast?

Where Izzy? haha! I'm so glad no one can slap me through the computer!

• Love 4

Derick's shirt says Israel Defense something.  How "cute."

That's an Israel Defense Forces shirt (IDF, aka Israeli army). It's actually a pretty common tourist-y shirt-when I went to Israel in high school I think 3/4 of the guys on our trip bought one. 

Never had a c-section myself, but one of the Facebook photos shows Jill with the baby on her stomach. I can't imagine they wold plop the baby there if she did indeed have a c-section.

I feel like they did that for my son when Mrs QF had a C-section. She was pretty numbed for a long time and I definitely remember her holding him in her lap/on her chest a bunch. 

And FWIW my son was also 9lbs 10oz, and he was 21.75in long, and when my wife was given the choice of C-Section or induction she practically asked for the scalpel to start the c-section herself-she definitely didn't even want to try to push out a baby that big!

Oh, and based on that pic of Derick in the way too big scrubs, I'm glad to see all hospitals apparently like to put the non-laboring spouse in XXXL scrubs. We could have fit me, Mrs QF, the baby and the OB in the pants they handed me to wear during the c-section. 

• Love 4
Agree - this is just plain juvenile. Apparently the bump up to motherhood hasn't come with a corresponding boost in maturity.

I'm surprised they don't use those headbands on all the kids so Meechelle knows which kid she's going after with a spoon.  I agree about the maturity thing, and knowing that Jill has only grown up with siblings and other fundie kids is probably a bet there's a lot of social awkwardness going on.  Could be why she's so clingy with Derick, it's her first real 'man' outside of the family, she's been playing house and now she has her baby doll to play with too.  

He is cute.  I'm just glad he's safe and sound.  Now here's hoping he grows up, looks at all the Duggertrocities and says 'OH HELL NO!'     

• Love 6

I went to school with an Israel--always cutting up, and mooned the school bus once. There's a guy on ESPN a lot, a reporter, Israel Gutierrez. Not a name I'd pick, but not Bronx Mowgli or Peanut, either.

• Love 6

He's cute, and I say c-section. Baby Izzy is in very good shape for a vaginal birth at his size. My c-section babies came with round heads and peaceful expressions. 

Agree. The lack of "coneheadedness" is making me think c-section too.

• Love 2

I don't think you can tell for certain whether that clock says 12:10 or 2:00.  I certainly can't, so if you can, your eyesight is better than mine.  Which wouldn't be out of the question... :)

It's going to be hard to come up with more than 3 or 4 "I" names, if they've chosen to follow the family tradition...

Well, there's always Iggy or Ice  Oh, and Iesus.

• Love 1

Oh my god, he is SO CUTE. I'm so glad little Israel (still kind of wising it was Nepal) is okay and mommy and baby look healthy and happy. and mommy and daddy look relieved. I hope Jill gets some sleep now.

Nepal is a girl's name, silly.  ;)

• Love 3

I'm glad Jill and the baby are healthy. 

Jill looks great too only exhausted. Those bags under her eyes make me feel sympathy. I hope she can get some sleep. Maybe her mother can watch the baby while she naps. ;)

The name Israel is not my taste. Sorry. It may be a cultural thing. Israel David sounds pompous to me. I wouldn't name my child Messiah, Jesus, King or Prince but then I know in hispanic cultures it's less of deal to name the baby Jesus. 

Speaking of J names not used, they did not pick Jesus. Ironically in the bible Israel's name was originally Jacob, another J name and not one used in the Duggar family. There's something about Jacob/Israel connection that I find interesting.

I like that they decided to honor John David, because in general he seems passed over by Duggars, fans, and anti-fans alike. 

Nepal is a girl's name, silly.  ;)

Nepaul is a boy. Nepauline is a girl. 

• Love 2

That is one big baby! I'm glad they're safe though because so many things could have gone wrong. My sister had a post term baby last year and he gave her a lot of issues. She had him vaginally, but she was hospitalized for 3 weeks after because of preeclampsia. They say that the longer the baby stays, the higher the risk. She's a lot older than Jill so that added to it, but it's not fun. She suffered a lot through that pregnancy and after. I hope that this was some kind of reality check for Jill, so that she knows that you can't plan a pregnancy and how everything will happen. Some are very easy and others are not.

Also if it was a c-section, that might lower the amount of children she will have. My other sister had 2 c-sections and the kids are only 16 months apart and the doctor told her to hold off on another cause she could hurt herself. I really pray that they are smart and practice real family planning instead of "leaving it up to God" while having unprotected sex at every chance.

• Love 1

When my daughter was born, everyone thought she was a c-section baby as her head was so "perfect"...Though, actually, her head is shaped just like my husband's - wider and kind of angular at the top (I refer to it as "corners" on their heads. It took a couple of months for them to become apparent, though.

Anyway, baby Israel is a very cute and peaceful looking baby. Hope that his temperament is as sweet as these first photos suggest, though I also hope he grows up with the ability to look beyond his constraints if they do, indeed, raise him swimming in the Kool-aid. 

He sure does look a lot like Jim Bob in this photo, but maybe there are enough other genes in there to keep his cuteness from taking a nose-dive once he hits puberty.

• Love 3

here you go......i love his smile!

11059759_632880476845605_422052560286613

My cold snarky heart can't take the cuteness! Jilly Muffin and DerickDullard might get on my nerves, but darn it, did they make a cute baby or what?

All silliness and sass aside, congratulations to Jill and Derick. Their baby is adorable and I'm glad he and Jill are healthy and safe.

• Love 18
He sure does look a lot like Jim Bob in this photo

Oh, wow. He really does.

In all honesty, Boob wouldn't be quite so repulsive if he weren't Boob. I certainly don't think he's hot, but he's not hideous. And the kids who look like him are cute anyway.

• Love 1

Well, there's always Iggy or Ice Oh, and Iesus.

I read Iesus as "Isis" at first, which they might want to avoid. Then I tried to say it put loud, and it came out like "Yeezus." Now I want to know who I have to pay off to get a Duggar baby named after Kanye West.

• Love 9

Not really. In English, it's Is- (as in "that IS the name") and -real (as in "for REAL, that is the name). In Hebrew, it's Yisroel (YIS rhymes with this, ro as in row your boat, and el as in bell. 

Glad mother and baby are healthy.

Phonetically spelled versions that are frequently used.

Is-rye-el - like in the song "The First Noel"

Iz-ree-yule

Is-re-ul

iz-re-el

Is-real

Is-Ruh-al

To name the most common according to linguists.

• Love 1
(edited)

I know the names of future Dillard's. 

Ima

Youra

Hesa

Shesa

Then Jill does the unthinkable and cheats on Derick and out of it comes......

Hesnota

Edited by Cherrio
  • Love 5
(edited)

Per the Duggar Family Blog....... TLC will air Israel's birth on Tuesday, May 5th.

OH YAAA... someone pass me the bleach please.

So messed up- If frontal hugs and kissing are forbidden-

How does televised childbirth for the curiosity/ entertainment of strangers fit in?

Edited by springtime
  • Love 4

Hospitals all have different protocols, but if Derick is wearing scrubs I vote C-section too.

I can hear Michelle's new tag line.    Jill......she married Derick, and they had our 4th grandchild Izzy by C-section.......not naturally in the toilet like Anna.

• Love 10

I can see her trying to get pregnant in hopes of announcing in July to steal Anna's thunder.

Ohhhh.. I didn't realize. I forgot about Anna (See Anna, no one cares about M'4). Poor Derrick's gonna wrung out like a wet bar rag.

I'm thinking Jill's found out that having a baby only gets her about 5 minutes of undivided attention from her mother.

• Love 6

He sure does look like JB! But then so does Jill, maybe more so than any of the other Duggars, especially when she was younger. Hopefully (I can't call him Izzy) Israel will take on more of Derick's looks. He is such a cute BIG baby. I hope they'll call him David.

• Love 5

39 days until Jill can have sex. 40 days until the next pee stick on facebook!

I was wondering when it would be considered too soon to start predicting the next baby. I just counted out 41 weeks from the 40 day point (I gave her a couple of extra days) and it was around March 6th. That's my prediction for baby Nepal.

• Love 3

I don't really see the Boob likeness myself. I think he looks more like Derick's mother, especially the lower part of his face. He's got her chin and her thinner mouth. Boob has a kind of rectangular face, Baby Israel's is round with a pointy chin.

I already posted I didn't care for the name too much but it's not terrible and they did a traditional spelling (not invented!) so I'm OK.

Didn't Derick and his mom go to Israel together? On Derick's way home from Nepal?

I'm hoping that Israel has a special meaning for his mother...she got cancer shortly after that.

Do we think his middle name is in honor of John David, or the biblical David? I suspect the latter.

I agree. I never saw evidence that JD and Jill were particularly close (but he was a groomsmen at the wedding, right?), and David was a king of Israel and an ancestor of Joseph, Mary's husband and Jesus' father. JD is king of his cop car and excavator truck, I guess, but that's hardly enough to qualify having Prince Dilly named after you.

• Love 2

Just an FYI - Israel is a boy's name. It is the name that the angel called Jacob after he wrestled with him and G-d later confirmed, if you will. It is a very common name for Orthodox Jewish boys. In fact, I've never heard of a non-Jewish boy named Israel. I know (Jewish) boys and men named Israel in the double digits. Nobody calls them Izzy, though - that's a grandpa name to us. It's a bit startling to hear of a Christian baby named Israel - it's like hearing of a Jewish baby named Christopher. 

Not really. In English, it's Is- (as in "that IS the name") and -real (as in "for REAL, that is the name). In Hebrew, it's Yisroel (YIS rhymes with this, ro as in row your boat, and el as in bell. 

Glad mother and baby are healthy.

Yes. It's a Jewish name to me too! In fact, one of my son's Hebrew names is Yisrael - in honor of his great uncle.

• Love 1

Dear Baby Israel,

Welcome to the world! I am thankful you seem to have arrived safely and hopefully, you and your parents are resting comfortably.

A couple of pro tips: Your best bet is to spend as much time as possible with your grandma Cathy. She's been waiting for you for quite some time.

Watch out for your Grandpa and Grandma Duggar.

Education is a very good thing. Get as much of it as you can.

Nobody's going to be upset with you if you decide you prefer being called David.

Hugs and kisses,

-MV

• Love 17

I'm not Hispanic but work with a large Hispanic population (young moms & kids). Israel is a common name now...I tend to see it with Puerto Rican families. No idea if it's a trend or there is someone famous with the name or a religious thing.

• Love 1