Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

I hope that Derick is really studying for the bar exam. My moms friends daughter not to brag but she was 1st in her class says that it a full time job plus overtime studying for the bar. She also said that Jill was an annoyance during the first year of law school. 

Annoyance how?

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

And when she gets home, she and Derick can re-enact the pottery scene from "Ghost"!

0.jpg

Why is it when I see this picture and insert Jill and Der into it, that instead of being a lump of clay, I’m picturing a bottle of lotion? 

• LOL 13
35 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

What other food did Jill and Derrick have a there wedding? Other than pickles and the root-bear floats? Oh and wedding cake! Is that all the guests got?

Sweets table:

3,000 servings of cake brought in from across the nation
3,000 Rice Krispie treats 

2,000 cupcakes 

3,000 chocolate chip cookies baked at a cookie making party at the Duggars' house

3,000 root beer floats

Salty Table :

Popcorn

Trail mix

Pickles 

Chips and homemade salsa 

438F983C-C706-4E95-AFA9-9486EA15AAC3.jpeg

• Useful 5
  • LOL 3
57 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Sweets table:

2,000 cupcakes 

3,000 chocolate chip cookies baked at a cookie making party at the Duggars' house

3,000 root beer floats

Salty Table :

Popcorn

Trail mix

Pickles 

Chips and homemade salsa 

It’s all so random! I mean I suppose it’s all things that Jill and Derrick love, but would even they eat them all at the same time?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Sweets table:

2,000 cupcakes 

3,000 root beer floats

Salty Table :

Popcorn

Trail mix

Pickles 

Chips and homemade salsa 

WTF! Where’s the real food? I’d be pissed if I went to a wedding and this is all I got! What is that a wedding or a kids birthday party? 

5 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

WTF! Where’s the real food? I’d be pissed if I went to a wedding and this is all I got! What is that a wedding or a kids birthday party? 

Especially since many of their "sweet friends" had to drive long distances to get there and were probably starving.

• Love 6

That's typical southern Baptist wedding reception type fare.  No one going expected a meal.  The weddings are held mid-afternoon so that's a huge signal a meal will not be served.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

That's typical southern Baptist wedding reception type fare.  No one going expected a meal.  The weddings are held mid-afternoon so that's a huge signal a meal will not be served.  

Yep.  The former secretary at my former Catholic church was Baptist, and she loved going to the the Catholic receptions.  Her description of a Protestant wedding reception was "a cup of punch, a piece of cake and a couple cheese straws."  The whole reception lasts 30-45 minutes, long enough for the couple to cut the cake and mingle.  No one expects a full meal.  Out of town guests are usually invited to the rehearsal dinner.  Local guests expect to show up at 2 and be done by 4.  

Now, the Duggar tradition of a second, invite only, dinner at the family compound is incredibly rude.  

• Love 17
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I read that the reception was planned for 3,000 people. They had 1,500. Then 600 were invited back to the house.

To each their own, and all that.

Yeah I remember that too. We all snarked quite a bit about Boob expecting the multitudes to flock to the FIRST Duggar girl wedding. I guess when you invite people who could have 20+ in their family, it’s hard to get any idea of the numbers. Then you had Jessa’s wedding where there was barely anything edible. All in all the weddings planned by the Duggars haven’t been too special.

• Love 9

I'm sorry but that selection of foods on the table just was awful. It doesn't have to cost a lot of  money to have a 'buffet' table of items that go well together. I could just see Jeremy's parents fighting for something hot on the table like the meatballs they had at Jinger's wedding. I'm sure the Duggar parents felt like they were at a royal wedding with meatballs served. It always amazes me that the Duggars are so classless. Not bashing snack wedding receptions but I'm sure the selections on the table at least go well together. Yes, Jill's was like a child's birthday party. I suspect if Derick's mother was well at the time she, too, would have 'fought for meatballs' or some other hot appetizer item to be on the menu. 

• Love 9
(edited)

The thought of 1500 pairs of hands reaching into bowls for gumdrops or digging into piles of sticky rice crispy treats makes me ill. Even pre-covid, I wouldn't have done that. The dill pickles were probably the most sanitary item at Jill's reception. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16

I just finished watching The Queen's Gambit (I know, I'm late to the party), and I have a vague memory of Derick and/or Jill saying they watched it.  Or maybe I'm misremembering and it was something else they mentioned.  Does anyone recall?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Sweets table:

2,000 cupcakes 

3,000 root beer floats

Salty Table :

Popcorn

Trail mix

Pickles 

Chips and homemade salsa 

What's the brightly color stuff on right suppose to be? They look like Fruity Pebbles or maybe my eyes are bad.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I just can't watch Derick. If anyone watches, it will you post the 'highlights', please?

I watched it. It was pretty boring. By not watching it, you're depriving yourself of watching Derick do push-ups, @GeeGolly! I didn't get the impression that this law student's life is too terribly hectic. He's got time to go to the chiropractor, to take his kid to school, to heat up leftovers. Fenna apparently sleeps in the garage and Derick is the one who feeds her. He's working on Stay/Release before she eats, which is good. But he says "Stay" about a gajillion times. Personally, I think he should only say it once. Jill allowed Derick to speak a lot more than we usually see. Israel seems to really enjoy school and coming home and checking on his garden. Sam is adorable. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
46 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I watched it. It was pretty boring. By not watching it, you're depriving yourself of watching Derick do push-ups, @GeeGolly! I didn't get the impression that this law student's life is too terribly hectic. He's got time to go to the chiropractor, to take his kid to school, to heat up leftovers. Fenna apparently sleeps in the garage and Derick is the one who feeds her. He's working on Stay/Release before she eats, which is good. But he says "Stay" about a gajillion times. Personally, I think he should only say it once. Jill allowed Derick to speak a lot more than we usually see. Israel seems to really enjoy school and coming home and checking on his garden. Sam is adorable. 

Thank-you!

Derick-push-ups-🤣

• LOL 8
Just now, Gemma Violet said:

There's a harp in his office.  I guess Jill plays.

Jill does play the harp, we've seen her do it on the show when she was younger and we've also gotten an online tour of Derick's office in the past and been told that it is hers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

There's a harp in his office.  I guess Jill plays.

I think Jill said they lock the office so the boys don’t mess with Derelict’s stuff and that’s why the harp is there.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Thank-you!

Derick-push-ups-🤣

To his credit, he seems to take physical fitness somewhat seriously. If Jill would move away from the brown food and up his protein and take so he is at a calorie surplus he would gain some muscle tissue fairly easily. Chicken breasts, tuna, and peanut butter would do him a world of good combined with some light lifting.

They’re still using a chiropractor? I remember Jill went during her first pregnancy. Personally, I am not a fan of 90% of their services. But whatever it’s their bodies. That’s a lot of money spent over seven years. 

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

To his credit, he seems to take physical fitness somewhat seriously. If Jill would move away from the brown food and up his protein and take so he is at a calorie surplus he would gain some muscle tissue fairly easily. Chicken breasts, tuna, and peanut butter would do him a world of good combined with some light lifting.

They’re still using a chiropractor? I remember Jill went during her first pregnancy. Personally, I am not a fan of 90% of their services. But whatever it’s their bodies. That’s a lot of money spent over seven years. 

Derick is thin like his mother. His protein intake likely has little to do with it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Maybe the chiropractor is trying to straighten Derick's face. 

OK. That was not a nice thing to say, but I said it anyway. 

A real facial surgeon might be able to do just that....

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

A real facial surgeon might be able to do just that....

Maybe Derick, Esq. will sue the dentist (?) who did the first round. However, I doubt he wants any more work done considering how long and painful the recovery was the first time. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

0pfq0esii2771.png?width=828&format=png&a

g0ovgbqdi2771.png?width=828&format=png&a

n9pfo456i2771.png?width=828&format=png&a

What is that thing in the plant even supposed to be? I cannot identify it. 

Oh, and while it's nice that she is using herbs from her garden, how much flavor could a single sprig of thyme and what looks as though it might be a trimming from the end of a bit of rosemary possibly impart?

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Oh, and while it's nice that she is using herbs from her garden, how much flavor could a single sprig of thyme and what looks as though it might be a trimming from the end of a bit of rosemary possibly impart?

It is better than what she was raised on 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 17
(edited)

I watched that video .. my takeaway 

school starts at 7:30 am in the US 😮

And my 9 year old is asleep 2 hours before the boys went to bed

Edited by Totally
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Totally said:

school starts at 7:30 am in the US 😮

What time did the boys go to bed? I didn't last that long. 

Forgot to mention the cold shower. Did NOT need to see Derelict's bare chest. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Totally said:

school starts at 7:30 am in the US 

9:16 they were getting into bed 

They were awake at 6:30 am