Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Chris Knight

Jill & Derick Dullard: Counting On (Donations)

Recommended Posts


On 6/14/2021 at 8:54 AM, Lady Whistleup said:

No one is talking about taking the dog away. I just think that the hysteria over breast milk is overcooked, and I hate to think that some social media psychos will actually call animal control to take the dog away. Because this actually happens in parent groups. 

Anyway I realize people aren't going to agree with me about this. I guess I'm gross too for eating old ice cream and frozen veggies and what not. To me as long as the food doesn't taste funky I'll take it.

ETA: I also think that we as society are too wasteful of food in general but that's another kettle of fish. We throw away perfectly good food all the time.

My dog, who to be fair is possibly the stupidest dog in the history of time, once ate a psychedelic mushroom she found growing in our backyard. My husband found her with little bits of it clinging to her muzzle. The entire way to pet emergency, she stared at the backseat of the car and barked at things only she could see. Then, when we got there and I let her out of the car, she dove to the ground and covered her head with her front paws, as though she was being bombed from above. They pumped her stomach and she was fine, although it took her a loooooong time to sleep off her trip.

I like that the books in the picture are age-appropriate and seem to be about topics other than Jesus. I think some Bible stories are fine for kids (we have a 70s era Noah’s Ark that Mini Mistake adores), but I think it’s great that Jill’s letting Sam read things he probably enjoys rather than forcing him to recite scripture like Jessa does with her kids.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone know if Izzy will go on to first grade at school?

How about Sam? Is he of age for preK?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Does anyone know if Izzy will go on to first grade at school?

How about Sam? Is he of age for preK?

I haven’t seen anything suggesting they plan to remove Izzy from public school. He seemed to do well there. I believe Sam is 4 or almost 4? So he could do preK this year, if they have public preK in Arkansas.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, floridamom said:

Does anyone know if Izzy will go on to first grade at school?

How about Sam? Is he of age for preK?

I would hope yes. I’m sure Jill enjoys the break when the kid is in school. Gives her time to do chores etc.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Nobody in that family has a permanent paying job.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

In one of her videos, Jill said something along the lines of, it’s Israel’s last day of school. And then she changed it to, last day of kindergarten. Based on this solid evidence 🤣😂, I say Israel will continue public school.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

I must have missed a bunch of Jill's IG posts. The last time I saw they visited a library was before Izzy started school, and they went to play, not borrow books. And which Dillard has a regular job?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I must have missed a bunch of Jill's IG posts. The last time I saw they visited a library was before Izzy started school, and they went to play, not borrow books. And which Dillard has a regular job?

Jill posted about a month ago that Derick was starting a job soon. 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

Jill posted about a month ago that Derick was starting a job soon. 

Interesting. I wonder if its a temporary position or maybe one contingent on passing the bar next month?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

On 6/15/2021 at 11:12 PM, Heathen said:

Topic: I wonder if Jill realizes how much she missed out on during her chaotic sister-mom childhood. Does she realize she could have been an actual kid with a childhood like her sons are now? 

 

I have a feeling it’s slowly dawning on her as she sees her kids experience things and have regular kid fun with few responsibilities. And herself not be continuously pregnant and with a newborn. 

23 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Now if they can get Derelict fixed. 😀

And josh too. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

aztre3787q571.png?width=828&format=png&a

What's happening in that top picture? Is she vomiting?????

  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, skatelady said:

What's happening in that top picture? Is she vomiting?????

So many unattractive pictures.  She is so oblivious. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

What's she trying to tell us with those zucchinis? 😂

Non-hormonal date night.

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, skatelady said:

What's happening in that top picture? Is she vomiting?????

That's not a flattering pic. Don't go to take a drink and take a pic. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Suzn said:

So many unattractive pictures.  She is so oblivious. 

 

50 minutes ago, Crochetlady said:

That's not a flattering pic.

They're screenshots from an Instagram story (video).

  • Like 9
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

21 hours ago, awaken said:

And josh too. 

By fixed you mean castrated, right?

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

TL;DR: Both images and videos can be shared as Instagram stories. That being said, yes, if a screenshot looks unflattering, it is most likely a screenshot of a video (and not of an actual picture).

 

In general, videos are much more common in stories than in posts; therefore, screenshots of stories tend to lead to more confusion. It can thus be helpful to identify if the screenshot comes from a story.

Stories have a different look than regular posts; a key feature is that slides in Instagram stories will be indicated by a bar at the top.

 

Slides will appear at the top of the screen as either one long bar (if the story only has one slide) or multiple smaller bars/dashes (corresponding to the total number of slides currently in that story).

The slides bar/dashes can therefore help visually identify an Instagram story (provided that the person sharing the screenshot hasn't cropped that out).

 

To illustrate that, I've included screenshots from Jill's story taken not long ago (red arrows added by me).

Jill: screenshot of a video (2nd slide out of 8)

The boys: screenshot of a picture (6th slide out of 8)

Hope that helps! 🙂

IMG_9317.thumb.jpg.ea22dad784965dcf1992ac12077a6f95.jpg

 

IMG_9326.thumb.jpg.9bd71ce42ff1d4c96dc3804efbe3382a.jpg

  • Like 7
  • Useful 8

Share this post


Link to post

Jill's little IG story advertising her YouTube channel has me wondering what her end game is. If Derick has a real job, why continue on SM as an influencer? Derick had at least one rant about exploiting children, yet he's okay with potentially 1 million strangers getting a peek at his family's daily lives? 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, anna0852 said:

I can think of a bunch. She knows she doesn't have other job skills and economic dependence on Derick doesn't sit right. Maybe she wants to give a f-you to her awful family. Maybe she finds some sort of creative fulfillment. Maybe she doesn't want her sons to know the financial insecurity she grew up with and wants to make money where she can.

I agree.  It gives her something to do.  It probably makes her feel good to see the comments and interaction with other people.  She may feel like she's getting the attention she was never given in childhood when people take time to read and post a comment.  Who knows.  More power to her, especially if she can show the rest of her family all the nice normal things that are around them.  

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

She has a built in audience. Might as well take advantage of it. 🤷‍♀️

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Also very possible that Derick wants her to do it, because it's a good source of income for them. He seems pretty down to earth when it comes to money.

Jill seems pretty extroverted, so I think she probably enjoys it as a social outlet... plus, it probably counts as a "ministry" in her mind and also brings in some money.

I don't think there's some big end game to it, I think it's basically her part-time job rather than working in Amy's store or whatever.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, rue721 said:

Also very possible that Derick wants her to do it, because it's a good source of income for them. He seems pretty down to earth when it comes to money.

Jill seems pretty extroverted, so I think she probably enjoys it as a social outlet... plus, it probably counts as a "ministry" in her mind and also brings in some money.

I don't think there's some big end game to it, I think it's basically her part-time job rather than working in Amy's store or whatever.

I hear you, it just seems to contradict Derick's rants and messages about JB & TLC. I guess its okay for Derick to exploit his kids, but not for anyone else.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I hear you, it just seems to contradict Derick's rants and messages about JB & TLC. I guess its okay for Derick to exploit his kids, but not for anyone else.

He wants to be paid to exploit his kids. He also doesn't want trans kids on TV.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, rue721 said:

I don't think there's some big end game to it, I think it's basically her part-time job rather than working in Amy's store or whatever.

I think you're right.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Quote

I hear you, it just seems to contradict Derick's rants and messages about JB & TLC. I guess its okay for Derick to exploit his kids, but not for anyone else.

Yeah, in Jill and Derick's minds, when they put their family on display, they're being role models for good Christian living.

When Jazz (or virtually anyone not identical to them in terms of culture, ethnicity, and/or worldview) is on display, they are tempting people toward hellfire.

At bottom, these are religious zealots and I think that colors their perspective on everything.

Edited by rue721
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, rue721 said:

When Jazz (or virtually anyone not identical to them in terms of culture, ethnicity, and/or worldview) is on display, then they are tempting people toward hellfire.

Or when Jim Bob puts his kids on display, it's not okay, according to Derick. 

He's even said he would be okay with being on TV again, so Derick's general ethics on this seem highly situational. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Zella said:

Or when Jim Bob puts his kids on display, it's not okay, according to Derick. 

He's even said he would be okay with being on TV again, so Derick's general ethics on this seem highly situational. 

That makes me wonder if any of the $$ they get for SM posts featuring their kids is set aside for those kids. I doubt it, but shouldn’t it be, by Derick’s logic?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

That makes me wonder if any of the $$ they get for SM posts featuring their kids is set aside for those kids. I doubt it, but shouldn’t it be, by Derick’s logic?

Derick/logic - isn't that an oxymoron?

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I hear you, it just seems to contradict Derick's rants and messages about JB & TLC. I guess its okay for Derick to exploit his kids, but not for anyone else.

I think that Derick is okay with it because he knows without a doubt that Jim Bob, Michelle and the rest of the family will see it and the sight of his kids reading secular children’s books and hearing Jill talk about taking them to the public library (and the knowledge that Israel goes to public school and that Sam likely will, too) will drive them crazy. I doubt that JB and Meech really have any emotional investment in Izzy and Sam, but it must really stick in JB’s craw that one branch of his tribe has successfully slipped out from beneath his control and that all the other kids can see it.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Albanyguy said:

I think that Derick is okay with it because he knows without a doubt that Jim Bob, Michelle and the rest of the family will see it and the sight of his kids reading secular children’s books and hearing Jill talk about taking them to the public library (and the knowledge that Israel goes to public school and that Sam likely will, too)   will drive them crazy. I doubt that JB and Meech really have any emotional investment in Izzy ands Sam, but it must really stick in JB’s craw that one branch of his tribe has successfully slipped out from beneath his control and that all the other kids can see it.

That's almost worse... or maybe it is worse - using/exploiting your children to get back at your FIL.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill's little IG story advertising her YouTube channel has me wondering what her end game is. If Derick has a real job, why continue on SM as an influencer? Derick had at least one rant about exploiting children, yet he's okay with potentially 1 million strangers getting a peek at his family's daily lives? 

It's only exploitation if the kids are doing something "sinful" with adult approval. 

I think the obvious reason for Jill's continued influencer "work" is to continue their "ministry." All the fun of god bothering the masses without giant spiders or death by shower curtain rods.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, hathorlive said:

I agree.  It gives her something to do.  It probably makes her feel good to see the comments and interaction with other people.  She may feel like she's getting the attention she was never given in childhood when people take time to read and post a comment.  Who knows.  More power to her, especially if she can show the rest of her family all the nice normal things that are around them.  

If she stopped putting her kids out there, I wouldn’t mind it. That’s the only part that’s absolutely not ok to me. Unless she restricted those posts to close friends and family.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Saw this on FB. It so reminded me of Jill when she first started posting recipes. 😁🤣

image.png.fc1d9e271a18c2850c5e3c7169aefa7b.png

  • Laugh 23

Share this post


Link to post

Jill's kids are always presented to social media in an appropriate way. They're helping her around the house or playing with the dog. Izzy and Sam are not being sexualized, they generally are not spouting any kind of religious or political agenda. It's not any different than a bunch of my friends on social media who post a zillion pix of their lives all day every day. 

  • Like 21
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Jill's kids are always presented to social media in an appropriate way. They're helping her around the house or playing with the dog. Izzy and Sam are not being sexualized, they generally are not spouting any kind of religious or political agenda. It's not any different than a bunch of my friends on social media who post a zillion pix of their lives all day every day. 

Plus or minus a million followers.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, lascuba said:

Plus or minus a million followers.

That's a pretty significant difference, I think!

  • Like 6
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, rue721 said:

At bottom, these are religious zealots and I think that colors their perspective on everything.

I’d say a bottom they’re self-centered enough to think the world will turn in such a silly things as who you watch on television or Instagram. 

Plus, their religion pretty much demands testifying. Endless, endless, testifying.  Jill basically admitted to having marital problems for a long time during early marriage, yet posted nothing but smiling selfie‘s with her and Derreck, and had a television show that portrayed nothing but happiness. How are we to trust whatever she says now? Does she not realize the contradiction? 

Edited by JoanArc
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Plus or minus a million followers.

Almost all complete and utter strangers 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size