Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Does anyone know if Izzy will go on to first grade at school?

How about Sam? Is he of age for preK?

I haven’t seen anything suggesting they plan to remove Izzy from public school. He seemed to do well there. I believe Sam is 4 or almost 4? So he could do preK this year, if they have public preK in Arkansas.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, floridamom said:

Does anyone know if Izzy will go on to first grade at school?

How about Sam? Is he of age for preK?

I would hope yes. I’m sure Jill enjoys the break when the kid is in school. Gives her time to do chores etc.

• Love 6
(edited)

In one of her videos, Jill said something along the lines of, it’s Israel’s last day of school. And then she changed it to, last day of kindergarten. Based on this solid evidence 🤣😂, I say Israel will continue public school.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 20

I must have missed a bunch of Jill's IG posts. The last time I saw they visited a library was before Izzy started school, and they went to play, not borrow books. And which Dillard has a regular job?

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I must have missed a bunch of Jill's IG posts. The last time I saw they visited a library was before Izzy started school, and they went to play, not borrow books. And which Dillard has a regular job?

Jill posted about a month ago that Derick was starting a job soon. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

Jill posted about a month ago that Derick was starting a job soon. 

Interesting. I wonder if its a temporary position or maybe one contingent on passing the bar next month?

• Love 3
On 6/15/2021 at 11:12 PM, Heathen said:

Topic: I wonder if Jill realizes how much she missed out on during her chaotic sister-mom childhood. Does she realize she could have been an actual kid with a childhood like her sons are now? 

I have a feeling it’s slowly dawning on her as she sees her kids experience things and have regular kid fun with few responsibilities. And herself not be continuously pregnant and with a newborn. 

23 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Now if they can get Derelict fixed. 😀

And josh too. 

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, skatelady said:

What's happening in that top picture? Is she vomiting?????

So many unattractive pictures.  She is so oblivious. 

• Love 5

TL;DR: Both images and videos can be shared as Instagram stories. That being said, yes, if a screenshot looks unflattering, it is most likely a screenshot of a video (and not of an actual picture).

In general, videos are much more common in stories than in posts; therefore, screenshots of stories tend to lead to more confusion. It can thus be helpful to identify if the screenshot comes from a story.

Stories have a different look than regular posts; a key feature is that slides in Instagram stories will be indicated by a bar at the top.

Slides will appear at the top of the screen as either one long bar (if the story only has one slide) or multiple smaller bars/dashes (corresponding to the total number of slides currently in that story).

The slides bar/dashes can therefore help visually identify an Instagram story (provided that the person sharing the screenshot hasn't cropped that out).

To illustrate that, I've included screenshots from Jill's story taken not long ago (red arrows added by me).

Jill: screenshot of a video (2nd slide out of 8)

The boys: screenshot of a picture (6th slide out of 8)

Hope that helps! 🙂

IMG_9317.thumb.jpg.ea22dad784965dcf1992ac12077a6f95.jpg

IMG_9326.thumb.jpg.9bd71ce42ff1d4c96dc3804efbe3382a.jpg

• Useful 8
  • Love 7

Jill's little IG story advertising her YouTube channel has me wondering what her end game is. If Derick has a real job, why continue on SM as an influencer? Derick had at least one rant about exploiting children, yet he's okay with potentially 1 million strangers getting a peek at his family's daily lives? 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, anna0852 said:

I can think of a bunch. She knows she doesn't have other job skills and economic dependence on Derick doesn't sit right. Maybe she wants to give a f-you to her awful family. Maybe she finds some sort of creative fulfillment. Maybe she doesn't want her sons to know the financial insecurity she grew up with and wants to make money where she can.

I agree.  It gives her something to do.  It probably makes her feel good to see the comments and interaction with other people.  She may feel like she's getting the attention she was never given in childhood when people take time to read and post a comment.  Who knows.  More power to her, especially if she can show the rest of her family all the nice normal things that are around them.  

• Love 19

Also very possible that Derick wants her to do it, because it's a good source of income for them. He seems pretty down to earth when it comes to money.

Jill seems pretty extroverted, so I think she probably enjoys it as a social outlet... plus, it probably counts as a "ministry" in her mind and also brings in some money.

I don't think there's some big end game to it, I think it's basically her part-time job rather than working in Amy's store or whatever.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, rue721 said:

Also very possible that Derick wants her to do it, because it's a good source of income for them. He seems pretty down to earth when it comes to money.

Jill seems pretty extroverted, so I think she probably enjoys it as a social outlet... plus, it probably counts as a "ministry" in her mind and also brings in some money.

I don't think there's some big end game to it, I think it's basically her part-time job rather than working in Amy's store or whatever.

I hear you, it just seems to contradict Derick's rants and messages about JB & TLC. I guess its okay for Derick to exploit his kids, but not for anyone else.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I hear you, it just seems to contradict Derick's rants and messages about JB & TLC. I guess its okay for Derick to exploit his kids, but not for anyone else.

He wants to be paid to exploit his kids. He also doesn't want trans kids on TV.

• Love 15
(edited)

Yeah, in Jill and Derick's minds, when they put their family on display, they're being role models for good Christian living.

When Jazz (or virtually anyone not identical to them in terms of culture, ethnicity, and/or worldview) is on display, they are tempting people toward hellfire.

At bottom, these are religious zealots and I think that colors their perspective on everything.

Edited by rue721
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, rue721 said:

When Jazz (or virtually anyone not identical to them in terms of culture, ethnicity, and/or worldview) is on display, then they are tempting people toward hellfire.

Or when Jim Bob puts his kids on display, it's not okay, according to Derick. 

He's even said he would be okay with being on TV again, so Derick's general ethics on this seem highly situational. 

• Love 9
Just now, Zella said:

Or when Jim Bob puts his kids on display, it's not okay, according to Derick. 

He's even said he would be okay with being on TV again, so Derick's general ethics on this seem highly situational. 

That makes me wonder if any of the $$ they get for SM posts featuring their kids is set aside for those kids. I doubt it, but shouldn’t it be, by Derick’s logic?

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

That makes me wonder if any of the $$ they get for SM posts featuring their kids is set aside for those kids. I doubt it, but shouldn’t it be, by Derick’s logic?

Derick/logic - isn't that an oxymoron?

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
(edited)
36 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think that Derick is okay with it because he knows without a doubt that Jim Bob, Michelle and the rest of the family will see it and the sight of his kids reading secular children’s books and hearing Jill talk about taking them to the public library (and the knowledge that Israel goes to public school and that Sam likely will, too) will drive them crazy. I doubt that JB and Meech really have any emotional investment in Izzy and Sam, but it must really stick in JB’s craw that one branch of his tribe has successfully slipped out from beneath his control and that all the other kids can see it.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 21
1 minute ago, Albanyguy said:

I think that Derick is okay with it because he knows without a doubt that Jim Bob, Michelle and the rest of the family will see it and the sight of his kids reading secular children’s books and hearing Jill talk about taking them to the public library (and the knowledge that Israel goes to public school and that Sam likely will, too)   will drive them crazy. I doubt that JB and Meech really have any emotional investment in Izzy ands Sam, but it must really stick in JB’s craw that one branch of his tribe has successfully slipped out from beneath his control and that all the other kids can see it.

That's almost worse... or maybe it is worse - using/exploiting your children to get back at your FIL.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill's little IG story advertising her YouTube channel has me wondering what her end game is. If Derick has a real job, why continue on SM as an influencer? Derick had at least one rant about exploiting children, yet he's okay with potentially 1 million strangers getting a peek at his family's daily lives? 

It's only exploitation if the kids are doing something "sinful" with adult approval. 

I think the obvious reason for Jill's continued influencer "work" is to continue their "ministry." All the fun of god bothering the masses without giant spiders or death by shower curtain rods.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, hathorlive said:

I agree.  It gives her something to do.  It probably makes her feel good to see the comments and interaction with other people.  She may feel like she's getting the attention she was never given in childhood when people take time to read and post a comment.  Who knows.  More power to her, especially if she can show the rest of her family all the nice normal things that are around them.  

If she stopped putting her kids out there, I wouldn’t mind it. That’s the only part that’s absolutely not ok to me. Unless she restricted those posts to close friends and family.

• Love 10

Jill's kids are always presented to social media in an appropriate way. They're helping her around the house or playing with the dog. Izzy and Sam are not being sexualized, they generally are not spouting any kind of religious or political agenda. It's not any different than a bunch of my friends on social media who post a zillion pix of their lives all day every day. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
10 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Jill's kids are always presented to social media in an appropriate way. They're helping her around the house or playing with the dog. Izzy and Sam are not being sexualized, they generally are not spouting any kind of religious or political agenda. It's not any different than a bunch of my friends on social media who post a zillion pix of their lives all day every day. 

Plus or minus a million followers.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, rue721 said:

At bottom, these are religious zealots and I think that colors their perspective on everything.

I’d say a bottom they’re self-centered enough to think the world will turn in such a silly things as who you watch on television or Instagram. 

Plus, their religion pretty much demands testifying. Endless, endless, testifying.  Jill basically admitted to having marital problems for a long time during early marriage, yet posted nothing but smiling selfie‘s with her and Derreck, and had a television show that portrayed nothing but happiness. How are we to trust whatever she says now? Does she not realize the contradiction? 

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 7
(edited)
38 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Plus or minus a million followers.

4 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Almost all complete and utter strangers 

Bingo! This isn't a somewhat carefully cultivated group of family and friends you trust seeing this. It's literally anybody with an internet connection. That's not only emotionally unhealthy and exploitative but it's also unsafe. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Saw this on FB. It so reminded me of Jill when she first started posting recipes. 😁🤣

image.png.fc1d9e271a18c2850c5e3c7169aefa7b.png

I wouldn’t put it past her!  She posted a recipe for toast after all!

• LOL 7