Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

The "Principal Prize Patrol" is a really sweet idea. Izzy looks so proud and he's obviously thriving in school. This makes me even more depressed for poor Spurgeon.

Principle. Sigh. 

1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I fuckin’ hate Cathy. Sorry, I just do.

Infuriatingly, there are millions more out there just like her 😞

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Oops. Sorry! My bad for missing that. Carry on with the tea leaves. I'll be over here in the corner wearing today's Hat of Disgrace. 😔

Thank you for wearing the hat, it was getting awfully uncomfortable over the past year. 

• LOL 5
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

Except Jesus was a Jew. LOL.

LOLOL I feel like Cathy is the type of person to block you if you left that comment on her post. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 12
(edited)
On 5/28/2021 at 7:26 AM, Madtown said:

So incredibly happy for Israel! I wish all his younger cousins would get to go to actual school..

From her insta-story.

50F6600B-2F02-422D-AD29-6B04841913DF.jpeg

1DABEE8B-77BC-4E0B-8A11-C03AEF49E818.jpeg

Is Israel six years old? Spurgeon  lost his first tooth at five? I’m ashamed to admit SGirl is only 14 and I can’t remember when she lost her first tooth. Thank goddess I kept a blog because our family was all over geographically. It got tiring really quick to give individual updates. 

Israel is cute, gummy smile, bad teeth, and all. We can’t help our genes. SGirl had her last orthodontist appointment on Wednesday. She is missing two adult teeth, and two molars.  It’s genetic. We are hoping the teeth hang on until she is 16 and eligible for implants. It’s a bit funny because SGirl had an extra baby tooth that was removed. Rookie mistake, we were new to the area and went to the wrong dentist.

Sorry, that was TMI, just saying we can’t help how we get in the womb. I’m happy Israel is experiencing as normal a life as any Duggar descendant will experience. Go Samuel!

Edited by SMama
Typos
  • Love 20
7 minutes ago, SMama said:

Sorry, that was TMI, just saying we can’t help how we get in the womb. I’m happy Israel is experiencing as normal a life as any Duggar descendant will experience. Go Samuel!

He’s also highly likely to get braces when it is time. Unlike many of his male cousins.

• Love 15

It’s understandable that Jill would misspell principal after never attending an actual school with a principal. We were always taught to think of him as our “pal”. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 12

I think Derick and Jill probably feel the same way about abortion and drag queen fundraisers as Cathy, but have they ever posted anything indicating Catholicism is evil?

I find their beliefs despicable, but I'm still happy that Jill's life is emotionally better and her boys are not being raised like many of the other Duggar grandchildren. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I think Derick and Jill probably feel the same way about abortion and drag queen fundraisers as Cathy, but have they ever posted anything indicating Catholicism is evil?

Aside from trying to convert El Salvador? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 10

Stupid question, maybe, but are we sure that Israel is going to continue in public school?  Because I remember some talk a year or two ago that they were thinking of sending him to Kindergarten but Jill homeschooling him after that.  I'm assuming that's off the table now? 

• Love 2
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Stupid question, maybe, but are we sure that Israel is going to continue in public school?  Because I remember some talk a year or two ago that they were thinking of sending him to Kindergarten but Jill homeschooling him after that.  I'm assuming that's off the table now? 

IIRC they seemed a little cagey on details about school plans when they first announced he was going, but since he seems to have enjoyed the experience and benefited from it, I would hope that he gets to continue. I don't think Jill was suited for being a homeschooling parent both academically and emotionally--a lot of people aren't--and I do hope they had the self-awareness to realize that and not try to force the issue. I hope Sam also gets to attend when he is old enough, which I assume would be next year. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 21

I wonder if any of Cathy's former coworkers and colleagues follow her on IG and I wonder if any of them are Catholic.

Anyway, Cathy went to public school, wore pants and worked in the secular world and she's a hateful person. Dan quit working for the Boy Scouts when they stopped discriminating against the LGBT+ community. And Derick has not hidden his hate.

Jill, like her sister Jinger, may have escaped Gothard, but they haven't escaped Fundyland.  Iz and Sam may have mainstream childhoods, but with a dad like Derick and a mima like Cathy, its unlikely they will have mainstream Christian beliefs. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if any of Cathy's former coworkers and colleagues follow her on IG and I wonder if any of them are Catholic.

Anyway, Cathy went to public school, wore pantstq and worked in the secular world and she's a hateful person. Dan quit working for the Boy Scouts when they stopped discriminating against the LGBT+ community. And Derick has not hidden his hate.

Jill, like her sister Jinger, may have escaped Gothard, but they haven't escaped Fundyland.  Iz and Sam may have mainstream childhoods, but with a dad like Derick and a mima like Cathy, its unlikely they will have mainstream Christian beliefs. 

You never can tell. I used to go to a fundy lite church with the typical beliefs.  I am Facebook friends with one of the daughters of one of the elders. She has tattoos,  dyes her hair bright colors, supports BLM and LBGTQ. She was homeschooled ect. I follow some of the other ex members of the church and some still seem to have the same beliefs and others have grown past that. People can and do change maybe not to the extent we want but whatever small steps they make and are praised for that may give them the courage to make bigger steps.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

You never can tell. I used to go to a fundy lite church with the typical beliefs.  I am Facebook friends with one of the daughters of one of the elders. She has tattoos,  dyes her hair bright colors, supports BLM and LBGTQ. She was homeschooled ect. I follow some of the other ex members of the church and some still seem to have the same beliefs and others have grown past that. People can and do change maybe not to the extent we want but whatever small steps they make and are praised for that may give them the courage to make bigger steps.

So very true. I would have more hope for the Dillards changing if I saw any indication they were, but I don't see that at all. Even in one of their Q & A videos both Derick and Jill were saying how appreciative they were of the Duggar parents' support during their courtship. And then there's Derick. Derick is very adamant in his beliefs and I believe he will do his best to past those onto his boys. And Jill relies heavily on the interpretation of the Bible she was taught.

Unless something drastically changes, Izzy and Sam will be surrounded by friends and family who share the same beliefs as their parents. But at this point I don't think Iz and Sam are any more likely to fly the coop than any of their cousins.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Zella said:

I wonder if it also rankles her that Jim Caviezel, who played Jesus in Passion of the Christ, was Catholic. 

Not to mention, Mel Gibson, the director and producer is uber, old style Catholic; believing that Vatican II is heresy and building his own church so the Mass can be said in Latin there.

While Cathy no doubt isn't concerned about the real reasons to despise Mel Gibson; as long as he asked for Jesus to forgive him, no worries about the racism and misogyny. He probably hates gay people, too, other than Jody Foster.

• Love 6
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Not to mention, Mel Gibson, the director and producer is uber, old style Catholic; believing that Vatican II is heresy and building his own church so the Mass can be said in Latin there.

While Cathy no doubt isn't concerned about the real reasons to despise Mel Gibson; as long as he asked for Jesus to forgive him, no worries about the racism and misogyny. He probably hates gay people, too, other than Jody Foster.

Yep. Interestingly, I've never heard any of the fundies I know complain about Gibson or Caviezel, despite them both being very outspokenly Catholic, and many of them really liked Passion of the Christ. I suspect since they are both very conservative, they get some sort of a pass, even from people who otherwise don't consider Catholics Christian. It makes me wonder if the guy she was bitching about had said something more liberal in thought that provoked her ire, but she instead decided to go after him for his denomination. But I never could see too much about him when I did some tentative research, so who knows. Either way, it tells us all we need to know about Cathy. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Nysha said:

Not that I remember. But Jer has several sermons declaring it, so it wouldn't surprise me to hear it coming out of any of them. 😁

They all tend to harbor the same horrors, just making more or less noise about various ones. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

What happened to Yellow and Lemon partnership? I see most of the companies ditched Jill...

I forgotten all about Chicken and Poultry.

• LOL 11
(edited)
17 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Idgi. Cathy must realize The Chosen is a TV series right? Why does it matter if the actor who plays Jesus is Catholic?

Catholic publications are thrilled with the casting (the guy is Greek Orthodox by birth, though....😁. But if he's okay for the son of the Left Behind dynasty, he oughta be okay with Cathy, seems to me. ... Of course, maybe she was just passing on the fact as an interesting tidbit..... (I can hope, right? I wonder if she knows he has strong attachments to two unacceptable churches...) .....

From the articles I've looked at, he seems like a pretty good guy to me. But he says some relatively open-minded stuff that probably pisses off everybody in this bunch of xenophobic paranoids...I mean, open-minded and Christian at the same time? Unpossible. 

Jonathan Roumie, Jesus in The Chosen, describes his faith life and his relationship with Dallas Jenkins:   

'JR: I’ve had a relationship with Dallas Jenkins, the creator of the show, for six years. We first met when he was the media director for his church and I was cast for the role of Jesus in a short film he made called The Two Thieves. I read for the penitent thief and then he had me read for Jesus a couple of days later, which I was initially disappointed about because it meant I likely didn’t get the role I wanted, plus Jesus had like just five lines. (Laughs) But I was happy to do it. It was the second opportunity I had to play Jesus on film. The following year we did another set of vignettes, and then another set, and then he did the short film called The Shepherd, which was the pilot for what would become The Chosen. Six months later I got a call from Dallas who said, “I think we’re going to do a series, would you be up for playing Christ again?” And I said, “When do we start?”

'Playing the most significant religious and historical figure to have lived, let alone the man we believe is the Son of God, is a daunting prospect for any actor — were you reluctant to 'take it on?

'No, because in addition to the vignettes I had filmed, as well as a project for St. Luke Productions in which I had played Jesus, I had been doing a “living” Stations of the Cross so it had started to become clear to me that playing Christ was going to be in my life for a while. And being a man of faith. I felt that God must have a reason for it and I tried to stay open to that. I had some sporadic thoughts about whether I’d get pigeon-holed playing Jesus or just doing faith-based projects, but I tried not to give into that fear and allow myself to trust that God had a plan.....

'Has your faith always been important to you?

'I was raised with the faith. I was baptized Greek Orthodox. My father was Greek Orthodox and went to Catholic school in Egypt, where he’s from. My mother is Roman Catholic. Both of my parents were very devout and when we moved from New York City to the suburbs finding an Orthodox community was difficult so my father was comfortable going to the Catholic Church since he was raised essentially with both faiths. I made my first communion and confirmation as a Catholic and attend a Catholic Church. If it were more available, I would probably go into Greek Orthodox churches more often … What I don’t see ever changing is my love for the sacraments and my devotion to the sacraments and what I get from experiencing them. Looking back at everything the Church Fathers wrote about and believed, this is the truth that resonates with me.

'I just concluded a 40-day Holy Hour of prayer I was doing on my Facebook page live throughout Lent, praying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. It was something that was placed on my heart to do and thousands of people of different denominations watched it. Whenever people started to bicker about theology or pick at things, I would shut it down because it’s not what I want to have happen … I now have a number of non-Catholic fans and prayer warriors praying Divine Mercy and some have expressed the desire and progress towards conversion, which is a beautiful thing. Obviously people don’t convert people, the Holy Spirit converts people; all I can do is lead in my way and if if God decides He’s going steer them towards the Catholic Church, I think that’s beautiful. [Roumie has also begun another 40 day Holy Hour on Instagram which he invites everyone to join —  @jonathanroumieofficial.]

'The writer and director Dallas Jenkins is an evangelical and you’re a Catholic. How was that collaboration? 

'It was seamless … There were no adjustments necessary. We’ve always felt the same about this man, we’re both passionate about Christ and I love Dallas as an evangelical brother just as I love my messianic Jewish brothers who love Christ and anyone else who is open to God and wants to know who Christ is and feels connected to me because of my involvement in the show. I’m good with all of it.'

https://aleteia.org/2020/05/01/the-chosens-jonathan-roumie-reveals-what-it-was-like-to-play-jesus/

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 10
On 5/28/2021 at 4:45 PM, BigBingerBro said:

For all the Cathy Lovers:

xe12q1d3vw171.jpg

I don't think anyone here is a Cathy fan, or at least not an out one. As far as the transphobia and anti-choice bullshit, it's about what I would expect from an evangelical. BTDT. Not that it's acceptable. 

• Love 8
On 5/27/2021 at 9:09 PM, BitterApple said:

I wonder why Jana didn't go? 

Cute picture, though.

Jana may be in Nebraska with Stephen Wissman and his family. She was allegedly spotted with them.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/28/2021 at 10:41 PM, GeeGolly said:

Those hateful beliefs have been mainstream at every church I've ever attended.

Edited by Nysha
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

Those hateful beliefs have been mainstream at every church I've ever attended.

Yikes, really? I have to admit, I don't attend any church, but I just assumed (maybe naively) most churches, Christian or otherwise, aren't fixated on others' sexuality or reproductive rights.  

So the Duggars represent the majority?

20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yikes, really? I have to admit, I don't attend any church, but I just assumed (maybe naively) most churches, Christian or otherwise, aren't fixated on others' sexuality or reproductive rights.  

So the Duggars represent the majority?

I'm taking my reply to the religion topic.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill needs to see a dermatologist .

I know a lady around 40 who has awful acne. She has to take birth control pills for it. It’s hormonal she told me.

I agree. It's crazy how Jill has/had a ton of acne, but her skin is wrinkled and parched at the same time. A prescription for Retin-A and a commitment to sunscreen would solve her problems.

• Love 3