Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Zella said:

I personally don't think whatever counseling the Duggars got after the molestations came from a real therapist or counselor, but I don't have any reason to believe that whoever Jill has seen recently isn't legitimate simply because of a possible affiliation with their church. 

JB is too cheap to pay for therapy and you know what passes for his health plan didn't cover it.  I'm sure they prayed on it and called it therapy. I do, however, feel that Jill is in therapy with a professional.  The books she is reading indicate that.  The terms she is using to describe her alienation from her family are couched more in terms of psychology than religious counselor. But at this point, who ever she finds comfort with is a good thing.  I've known clergy who were good listeners and sources of therapy.  Jill looks like she's thriving and I hope she's in a good place. I agree that we shouldn't shame anyone seeking help or speculate about the quality of the counseling.  

• Love 20
13 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

My best friend is studying to be a pastor. She had to take numerous courses on counseling and would tell us about some of the things they have to study. 

12 hours ago, Absolom said:

There are at least a few that do.  One mega church in our area certainly does.  I met with one.  It was interesting.  I only did one visit, but it helped and answered some questions that I had.   He didn't do counseling for everyone at the church, but usually served for things like mine which were very quick or short duration or in helping people find someone who was a good match.  

Incidentally my family issues resolved the day my father died.  I'd had three rounds of counseling (lay licensed professionals) and had reached a level of it no longer affecting my life usually and still everything remaining just went away a few hours after I heard he was gone.  

I believe Jill when she says licensed therapy.  The change in her and her family has been amazing and wonderful to see.  

It's not that our pastor won't offer any counseling himself.  Officially he runs through what is termed counseling with couples that come to him seeking to be married.  He will only perform the ceremony if he is satisfied they have talked through certain areas and have given sufficient thought to certain subjects.  He offers support and an ear for those going through a divorce or breakup as well.  He also sees people in hospital and hospice, or homebound; and spends time with those who have lost someone or are dealing with a serious diagnosis and will help guide someone with substance issues towards treatment.  

He's not trying to treat ongoing problems long-term, more serve as a good listening ear in a dark or confusing time, making sure someone struggling knows there is a community out there that cares about them, and  then pointing towards qualified professionals where necessary.  If someone in Jill's shoes came to him because she was struggling with her past experiences he would listen to her, pray with and for her, offer any helpful insight he could and then give her the names of treaters he knows can help in her area of need.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
14 hours ago, SMama said:

Guess that’s what Jill meant by family time. I’m glad she has Amy and Deanna. I wish someone gave Jill sunglasses for her birthday.

She has very deep squint lines already.  Why doesn't she see that?

• Love 2

New International Version
"A hot-tempered person must pay the penalty; rescue them, and you will have to do it again." 19:19

Does Derick realize he's Tweeting about himself?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

"A hot-tempered person must pay the penalty; rescue them, and you will have to do it again." 19:19

You have to love a bible off, where people throw out verses to hurt other people, and ding themselves in the process.  Again, read the bible, don't hit people with it.  Though I have to admit, it's a pretty great verse for both men.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Lulz! I was about say, if that was supposed to be a dig at Boob, then Derick just took a big old "L." That describes himself more than anyone.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Lulz! I was about say, if that was supposed to be a dig at Boob, then Derick just took a big old "L." That describes himself more than anyone.

It does give me pause and makes me wonder what JB is doing behind the scenes regarding the Josh scandal. Is he pressuring the kids to put up a pro Josh front? Or is he just angry in general.  There's always a grain of truth in someone's snark.

• Useful 9
  • Love 1
(edited)

Jill is posting pics and videos to Instagram of her latest thrifting outing with Amy. She showed several items she bought for Derick - shirts and shoes IIRC. You have to wonder if Derick will appreciate her sharing. He’s about to start a career as a lawyer.....not that he has to be in GQ worthy Brooks Brothers suits.....but, as a young professional, he may not want people knowing he’s wearing second-hand clothes from a thrift store. 

Edited by MzTori77
  • Love 10
33 minutes ago, MzTori77 said:

Jill is posting pics and videos to Instagram of her latest thrifting outing with Amy. She showed several items she bought for Derick - shirts and shoes IIRC. You have to wonder if Derick will appreciate her sharing. He’s about to start a career as a lawyer.....not that he has to be in GQ worthy Brooks Brothers suits.....but he may not want people knowing he’s wearing second-hand clothes from a thrift store. 

I admit that the Duggars wearing  second-hand shoes has always kind of creeped me out.  I don't have a problem with second-hand clothes, but not shoes.  Ugh.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

stoqibrk7wz61.jpg?width=828&format=pjpg&

I'm glad Jill has a seemingly normal relationship with her boys and certainly seems to enjoy them more than the MOTY ever enjoyed her kids.

• Love 19
22 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

I'm glad Jill has a seemingly normal relationship with her boys and certainly seems to enjoy them more than the MOTY ever enjoyed her kids.

It helps that Jill can actually remember her kids' names.  She really does seem to have a connection with the boys. 

• Love 13

Jill looks stressed out, or maybe very tired. Her hair looks unbrushed, and she has bags under her eyes. I hope the Smuggar situation isn't stressing her out, either directly or indirectly via her parents. She deserves better. (They all do.) 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

go6jobrd3wz61.jpg

It will never not be weird to me that the adults sit on one side of the booth and leave the small child all by himself on the other side. Perhaps I forgot how old Sam is now, but it seems like he would still need assistance or closer than across the table supervision.

But good on Jill for milking the birthday. I try to go for a week - I have a cousin whose birthday is Christmas, so he takes the whole month of December! 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
13 hours ago, hathorlive said:

You have to love a bible off, where people throw out verses to hurt other people, and ding themselves in the process.  Again, read the bible, don't hit people with it.  Though I have to admit, it's a pretty great verse for both men.

OT, but this reminded me of a cute article I just read about 2 businesses who started a sign war: https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2021/05/11/sign-war-canada-virginia/

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 11.33.02 AM.png

Oh Derick. He's calling himself a whistle-blower. I get where he's coming from but he really is elevating himself to a very large degree. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh Derick. He's calling himself a whistle-blower. I get where he's coming from but he really is elevating himself to a very large degree. 

He really should be studying for the exam. I think he has a twitter addiction problem.

And one has to wonder which whistle is he blowing? I'd have a lot more respect for him if he didn't keep sub tweeting with bible verses. Just say what you want to say and move on.

• Love 17

Pretty good slam to me though I’m lost as to how the verse applies to Derrick. Not saying it’s appropriate but definitely hits the mark where JB’s Herculean efforts to protect his son from the consequences of his behavior. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Derick is starting to believe his own hype. The only thing he revealed is that Boob hoards the money, which is something 99.9% of us have speculated for years. And even then, what outcome has it affected? The majority of the kids are still on the Duggar dole. Nothing's changed.

• Love 16
On 5/20/2021 at 10:46 PM, jschoolgirl said:

Derick needs to realize that prospective employers might look askance at his social-media accounts.

Dereck will just cry persecution and put it all on SM 🤣🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I must admit I didn't actually realize that was an R Kelly song until a couple of years ago. I knew it from Space Jam, which I watched as a kid, and didn't put two and two together until after he was arrested.

I have a hard time believing Jill ever watched Space Jam as a kid, but maybe Derick did. I'm assuming he was the one who thought of the song within the context of the fly hunt, and she had no clue what he was talking about, so they played it. I wonder if they know anything about R Kelly. I read Soulless about his case a couple of years ago, and it's one of the more disturbing books I've read in recent years. 

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Zella said:

I must admit I didn't actually realize that was an R Kelly song until a couple of years ago. I knew it from Space Jam, which I watched as a kid, and didn't put two and two together until after he was arrested.

I have a hard time believing Jill ever watched Space Jam as a kid, but maybe Derick did. I'm assuming he was the one who thought of the song within the context of the fly hunt, and she had no clue what he was talking about, so they played it. I wonder if they know anything about R Kelly. I read Soulless about his case a couple of years ago, and it's one of the more disturbing books I've read in recent years. 

Taking my reply to Small Talk. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Dereck is seriously skeletal. Is something wrong with him? Eating disorder?

I think he looks fine.  He's naturally lean and his teeth may make eating difficult. But he looks normal to me.  Of course, most Americans are overweight, so maybe he seems too lean to some.  YMMV.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Dereck is seriously skeletal. Is something wrong with him? Eating disorder?

He's ectomorphic. As I said, he resembles Kevin Durant in more ways than one (minus the greatest basketball player of his generation part).

KD also always looks like he needs a hamburger:

merlin_186240468_57bd6273-0318-4de0-a966

• Love 4
(edited)

Ja Morant would be a more apt comparison, being about the same height as Derelict. He looks like a stiff breeze would break him in half, much like Mr. Dillard. 😁

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 3

I'm getting flash backs to the time Derick posted a video of college kids dancing to Despacito and then took it down when people translated the lyrics for him. Wonder how long before Jill deletes that post. 

She likely heard of that song from Derick, who probably sang that song along with his classmates at his 8th grade graduation and like, like Pistol Pete, is a memory he can't seem to outgrow.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Was Jill really taken to task when this is pulled straight from the Duggar (or Fundie) Snark subreddit?  A corner of the internet you have to seek out, not her Instagram comments or Twitter comments.  

I do agree with the one poster who said that Jill most likely typed "fly" into the Instagram music database and that song came up.  I'm gonna side eye Instagram for having R. Kelly's music there.  

• Love 14