Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Me either. I’d know I should probably keep quiet but wouldn’t  be able to help myself 🤣.

Me too - I would be shouting for the rooftop and leasing Air Duggar planes to sky write too.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yeah she might not care, but I feel like what he is doing puts pressure on her to respond and causes people to bombard her for clarification or whatever, and that just seems like a really shitty position to put her in right now. 

True. Let's see what she chooses to do. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

JB and Michelle should have shown some respect to Josh’s victims (you know, their own kids) 20 years ago by dealing with him appropriately. Barring that, they should have shown some respect to his new victims (the kids in those images) and his old victims (you know, their own kids, who they might have expected to find yesterday’s news particularly distressing) yesterday by shutting *their* mouths instead of bleating “prayer blah blah we love you Joshie!!!!! 😘❤️👑” in a statement. But they didn’t, so I’m not really too concerned that Derick might be hurting their feelings. 

JMO, of course.

I agree. I'm not concerned with JB, M or Josh. Its Jill and her siblings I think Derick should show some consideration for. 

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, Zella said:

It's not mutually exclusive to think Michelle and Jim Bob are pieces of shit and that Derick is also an asshole. 

Fair point. I guess I have a mental continuum of assholery and JB and Michelle are so much worse than Derick that I have a hard time caring about him complaining about them, which seems to be what people are objecting to. Maybe I’m misinterpreting, it’s been a long day. 

• Love 12
(edited)
8 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

Fair point. I guess I have a mental continuum of assholery and JB and Michelle are so much worse than Derick that I have a hard time caring about him complaining about them, which seems to be what people are objecting to. Maybe I’m misinterpreting, it’s been a long day. 

I can certainly understand that. For me, I am just sort of bewildered to see Derick seeming to be put on some pedestal just by virtue of the fact he is not Michelle and Jim Bob. 

As for me, my complaints about Derick have nothing to do with Jim Bob and Michelle. I just have felt very strongly throughout this that the Duggar kids (especially the ones Josh molested) are being revictimized by this new revelation about Josh, and though their parents certainly played a massive role in that by their own actions/lack of action, I don't see how Derick's actions are also not him taking advantage of the spotlight that his wife and her sisters (and even their brothers who are innocent of what Josh did and were also affected by the environment and rules Josh's actions led to) are potentially going to feel pressured to respond to. 

So, in addition to reporters and legions of internet assholes spamming their accounts with questions about their brother and their childhood, they also get to deal other internet assholes spamming their accounts wanting more info on what Derick said. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Gigi43 said:

I get Derick wanting to get it out there that JB and Michelle still profit from the show (I guess they're the managers? Producers but they won't put the names in the credits? I don't know how you can pay *adults* as a family?

Because they pay a Duggar Entertainment company for the show not individuals.  Jim Bob happens to own the entertainment company.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 5
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Zella said:

So, in addition to reporters and legions of internet assholes spamming their accounts with questions about their brother and their childhood, they also get to deal other internet assholes spamming their accounts wanting more info on what Derick said.

Jill and Derick's accounts are indeed hopping right now. Derick's cryptic comments were picked up by all the media outlets. #trending #mission accomplished

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

I'm not objecting to Derick's complaint. I'm objecting to the fact that Derick is choosing this time to complain. I think his wife and her siblings have enough to deal with right now without Derick adding fuel to the fire.

• Love 7
(edited)
5 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

I guess I don’t feel like I’m putting Derick on a pedestal. I recognize he can still be a jerk. But Jill has changed a ton over the past couple of years and seems happier and healthier than ever before, and I think Derick is probably responsible for a lot of those changes. Their kids will almost certainly have relatively normal lives with friends, public school, and regular church instead of zillions of siblings and homeschool and some pastor who comes by to preach in the basement. Basically I think the whole family is better off, and if Derick had never rocked the boat I think a lot of these changes would never have occurred. So I do give him some credit for that. 

I don't think Derick is entirely awful--I do recognize they seem to be in a better place than they were, and I am glad for that, especially for the sake of their kids--but I also think he's a little weasel who has repeatedly lied about why he left the show and tried to change the narrative to avoid accepting any responsibility for anything shady he has done. He calls Jim Bob out for being cryptic on his finances (which is not something I have a problem with) but then he also was shady as shit and cryptic with his own when he was taking donations from people (which I do have a problem with). 

So, in addition to thinking he's an asshole, I also just don't trust him because he has a proven track record as a liar. 

I don't think the asshole, lying, hateful side of him cancels out the fact that he seems to have gotten his family in a better place, but I also don't think the latter cancels out the former. And to me, his little snit on social media today was more inspired by his asshole side than his good side. Of course, I could be being unfair to him, but I don't think the assumption is unwarranted in his case. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 16
15 minutes ago, wait.what said:

If my parents supported the person who sexually molested me as a child AND also profited from a show that portrayed them as God fearing, loving, better than everyone else parents AND then shunned ME? 

you better believe my husband would have some shit to tweet about my parents. 

derrick may be an asshole, at least he didn’t make her forgive her molester and keep sweet. 

💯. And maybe Jill is ok with his Twitter posts, we just don’t know.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I don't think Derick is entirely awful--I do recognize they seem to be in a better place than they were, and I am glad for that, especially for the sake of their kids--but I also think he's a little weasel who has repeatedly lied about why he left the show and tried to change the narrative to avoid accepting any responsibility for anything shady he has done. He calls Jim Bob out for being cryptic on his finances (which is not something I have a problem with) but then he also was shady as shit and cryptic with his own when he was taking donations from people (which I do have a problem with). 

So, in addition to thinking he's an asshole, I also just don't trust him because he has a proven track record as a liar. 

I don't think the asshole, lying, hateful side of him cancels out the fact that he seems to have gotten his family in a better place, but I also don't think the latter cancels out the former. And to me, his little snit on social media today was more inspired by his asshole side than his good side. Of course, I could be being unfair to him, but I don't think the assumption is unwarranted in his case. 

I think it would be worth pointing out to him that he would still be 100% on the gym Bob gravy train with no criticism, living as some kind of missionary hippie lawyer caveman breeder bigot  if he had only received a little bit more money each month out of the grifting pot.  Call Jim Bob had to do a slip them an extra thousand bucks a week or so and he still would be fully in control of Jill. Derreck is not a noble person.  

I really just wish they would get completely off social media, go to therapy, 100% end the grifting, get jobs, And enjoy quiet little lives being tightass Southern Baptists. It’s not too much to ask.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Amy can't say much. She's still bound by an NDA. And I have to ask, who does that to relatives? Derelict gets it wrong a lot of the time, but I am totally behind him for refusing to sign an NDA. 

Boob had her sign an NDA?! I had no idea. That's a really crazy thing to do to family. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, JoanArc said:

I think it would be worth pointing out to him that he would still be 100% on the gym Bob gravy train with no criticism, living as some kind of missionary hippie lawyer caveman breeder bigot  if he had only received a little bit more money each month out of the grifting pot.  Call Jim Bob had to do a slip them an extra thousand bucks a week or so and he still would be fully in control of Jill. Derreck is not a noble person.  

I really just wish they would get completely off social media, go to therapy, 100% end the grifting, get jobs, And enjoy quiet little lives being tightass Southern Baptists. It’s not too much to ask.

Exactly. I do not trust Derick's motives at all. All he and Jill have ever publicly complained about in regards to the Duggars is the lack of funds and constrictions of their movements due to scheduling. Him running his mouth now just feels so smug and self-serving.

Even if his motives were pure, I'd still think it was bad form to bitch on twitter. It's the same problem I had with Amy when she made the tabloid rounds after Ashley Madison. I might agree with what they're saying, but they're talking shit about family in public in a way that draws attention to themselves because they want to feel superior. Let outsiders speculate and analyze and talk shit, but you just don't do that to family, not in such a public way.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Exactly. I do not trust Derick's motives at all. All he and Jill have ever publicly complained about in regards to the Duggars is the lack of funds and constrictions of their movements due to scheduling.

Actually, that's not correct. Jill has said that many of her family members are not "supportive" of her decisions to wear pants, send Izzy to public school, use birth control, etc.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

What it all comes down to is none of these people care what we think. And our opinions differ widely, Let's let it go.

Might as well just shut down the entire forum then.

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Suzn said:

Apparently, Hell just froze over!  I agree with Derick that the show should be canceled.  He is right that it is still JB's show and helps keep JB in charge of everyone.

Same!

5 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I would bet everything I have that Josh still gets paid, possibly even more than the girls.

If for no other reason than because Anna and the young Smugs were on the show, I 100% agree that Josh was still getting money.

4 hours ago, Zella said:

I agree the show should he cancelled, but I also think Derick should shut up right now. This is not about him and his grievances, and he and Jill are not protecting their children from the public eye either, so I don't get the high horse he seems to have mounted himself on. 

Personally, I think Derick has always been butthurt about being fired from the show. He has restructured the narrative to make it seem like he has noble reasons for leaving, but I think if that were true, he wouldn't seem so consumed by it. 

I also agree with this.

And if Dreck is going to keep spouting off, he might want to work on his rhetorical skills. Vague posts are just infuriating and inappropriate right now.

• Love 6

Maybe I’m wrong, but Derick is always complaining about the show. It seems like the main problem with JB is about the show. He’s been at it for years. Why? He’s not on it anymore. It’s none of his concern. Move on dude. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

And if Dreck is going to keep spouting off, he might want to work on his rhetorical skills. Vague posts are just infuriating and inappropriate right now.

He's intentionally cryptically provocative. He's no dummy. He's getting headlines and generating interest and that's what he wants. TBH he's been masterful with rebranding the Jill and Derick image. He buried his horrific Jazz comments and focused the narrative on conflict with Jill's family to sell their channel. 

As said, I would not have problem at all if he came right out with a forceful statement against child and ongoing victim abuse, the family's mishandling of the molestation issues or the situation with JB and Josh. But he hasn't done that. He's just been needling about money. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

As said, I would not have problem at all if he came right out with a forceful statement against child and ongoing victim abuse, the family's mishandling of the molestation issues or the situation with JB and Josh. But he hasn't done that. He's just been needling about money. 

Yeah if that was what he was posting about, it actually wouldn't bother me at all versus him continuing to be pissy about the money. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Maybe I’m wrong, but Derick is always complaining about the show. It seems like the main problem with JB is about the show. He’s been at it for years. Why? He’s not on it anymore. It’s none of his concern. Move on dude. 

I think it's all interrelated.

Despite what he says, I 100% think he knew about the show, and was excited to be on teevee when he married Jill.

I think he expected to be paid for appearing on the show, and was unpleasantly surprised when he found out that only JB got paid and he only doled out dribs and drabs to his kids for pocket money -- remember Jill was the first one married (after Josh), and there was probably no system in place for compensating them as a couple.

JB is very controlling, and if you didn't grow up with him telling you what to do all the time, I can see that being an issue. Jill really didn't like Derick working at WalMart and I think she worked it out with JB that he got the "missionary" gig with SOS. I don't think that was remotely what Derick wanted to do as a missionary, and he was irritated to be pushed into it.

Jill's pregnancy and Izzy's birth were all filmed for the show, but when there were complications and additional costs, TLC and JB didn't want to fork over any additional cash. JB may be all about the $$$, but I don't think Derick is a slouch there, either.

Then there was the molestation scandal, and the expectation that Jill would go on television and explain how it was no big deal, and her parents had done an amazing job of handling it, etc.  (and, I'm sure, no extra cash for Jill and Derick for that, either).

I basically think that Derick who is an asshole in his own right, hates JB because he's a controlling lunatic and Derick didn't get as much cash out of the deal as he had anticipated. And, I 100% agree, that he should get over it, and for the love of God, stop with the cryptic posts. Study for the bar and take care of your family, Karma will come for JB soon enough.

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

What I am worried about is if he passes the bar and becomes a lawyer will Jim Slob expect him to be the family lawyer and get them out of messes for free?

I think they dislike each other enough that that is off the table. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 16

Moderator Announcement:

Please Be Civil- lively discussion and disagreement are fine, being rude to your fellow posters is not. If you disagree with someone, state your opinion once or twice and move on. 

I understand the recent arrest of Josh Duggar may bring up strong emotions- but do not forget the #1 rule here at Primetimer.  

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, Zella said:

Oh yeah. I don’t think either of them would cross the street to spit on the other if they were on fire. If JB is expecting legal support from Derick I think he is going to be very disappointed. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
(edited)
8 hours ago, Zella said:

I agree. I don’t think wants his kids spouses to be all up in his business/affairs. I also don’t think he wants the « kids » telling him what to do.

A lot of people on another website kept saying JB will ask Derick to be Josh’s lawyer. LOL. He hasn’t graduated nor pass the bar. He has zero experience. We also don’t know what type of law he will be practice. 😂

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • Love 11
27 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

Oh yeah. I don’t think either of them would cross the street to spit on the other if they were on fire. If JB is expecting legal support from Derick I think he is going to be very disappointed. 

Not gonna lie, I'd love to be a fly on the wall if that conversation ever happened between them. LOL

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

Even if Jim Bob asked and Derick accepted, I don't think Derick's bringing anything to the equation. And that's not actually me being an asshole to Derick. As other people have noted, he's not even passed the bar. They've already shilled out for a fancy federal lawyer from St. Louis, which tells me that Jim Bob isn't actually buying used to save the difference on Josh's defense.

And even if Jim Bob didn't hire that dude, he has a longstanding relationship with his own attorney Travis Story, and he has used Story and one of Story's associates (named Gregory Payne) for Josh before on multiple occasions, including this one.

I don't think Story is a particularly great attorney, but they're not exactly playing with an empty bench where they'd need Derick, even if there wasn't a falling-out between the two of them. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, lascuba said:

And the better point of debate, is why aren't Jeremy, Ben, and Austin? Because, guys, you look like pussies who are standing by your wife's abuser.   

Perfect.

• Love 22
3 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I think he went into his relationship with Jill fully believing that the show was a godly ministry and he was excited to be a part of that. But then he realized how fake the show was and how he and the Duggars were continually muzzled by TLC--no one could preach their righteous sermons on camera. And then to add insult to injury, he found out that JB is getting paid for the show, and TLC refused to give him any money to cover the costs of Israel's birth. That's really it for him (and Jill). He's angry at the years of free labor, TLC control of the "ministry", and JB's hypocrisy over toning down their beliefs for the cameras.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
(edited)
13 hours ago, Zella said:

There's a big difference between having thoughts on your in-laws and blasting them out in public, though,  in the middle of a national scandal when you have a social media platform of some size. 

Maybe Oprah will interview Derrick and add her repertoire of interviews about complaints about in laws. Although I think Derrick has A LOT more merit then her other interviewee.

Edited by NoThyme
Spelling
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

He's intentionally cryptically provocative. He's no dummy. He's getting headlines and generating interest and that's what he wants. TBH he's been masterful with rebranding the Jill and Derick image. He buried his horrific Jazz comments and focused the narrative on conflict with Jill's family to sell their channel. 

I wonder if Jill has said to him I don’t mind you commenting about the show and money but please don’t comment about the abuse in any way because in the end the abuse is Jills story to tell if she wants not his. 

5 hours ago, hathorlive said:

This. This. A hundred times this.  I think most of Derrick's assholeness was to get them off the show, because it was PTSD for his wife.  He watched her parents make her give what amounts to a hostage statement on Fox News, with the single goal of absolving her abuser.  No one cared about her.  If I were Derrick, I would already have the book written and would publish it, to grind salt in the wounds.  Derrick is angry.  And the better point of debate, is why aren't Jeremy, Ben, and Austin? Because, guys, you look like pussies who are standing by your wife's abuser.   

Because all these guys are on the show and getting paid something they’re not gonna rock the boat. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Not once in the last three years, since Derick started complaining, did he ever say anything negative about Josh. He's never even lumped Michelle in when he complains about JB. Its always about JB and money and now he is still complaining about JB and money.

Jill and her sisters clearly love, and probably respect, JB & M. So I don't see Derick's bitching about JB as standing by Jill, just as I don't see the other husbands not bitching, as standing by their wives' abusers. 

Maybe someday one or all of the sisters and their husbands will see JB's & Michelle's actions and inactions as contributing to Josh's behaviors. Maybe someday, (maybe even now) they'll be disgusted by Josh and not want him around. Maybe when and if this happens they will publicly acknowledge it. But I would doubt their acknowledgement will come in the form of engaging with random posters on SM.

I hope whatever has been going on in the Dillard, Seewald, Vuolo and Forsythe households these last couple of days has felt comforting and supportive to the sisters.

If Josh doesn't change his plea, this is going to be very present in the Duggar 18's minds and splashed in the headlines at least throughout the summer. Even if it can all be blamed on JB, M and Josh, its going to be rough going for the Duggar 18 and their families.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 19
9 hours ago, lascuba said:

All he and Jill have ever publicly complained about in regards to the Duggars is the lack of funds and constrictions of their movements due to scheduling.

Of course there’s more to it than “just” this. Alone, “just” this is valid, IMO.

They were also threatened with a lawsuit if Jill didn’t cooperate with the interview regarding Josh and his 5 victims.

Derick stated at one point that he wants to defend the voiceless. That could take on many meanings. It could be related to abuse, child, or adult. 

Derick is not my favorite, I actually don’t even have one out of this bunch. However, I do believe he and Jill are together in what gets said publicly. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Also, the show wasn’t cancelled in my mind. It was simply renamed.

• Love 21
(edited)
1 hour ago, FizzyPuff said:

I wonder if Jill has said to him I don’t mind you commenting about the show and money but please don’t comment about the abuse in any way because in the end the abuse is Jills story to tell if she wants not his. 

I could absolutely see this being the case. Jill seemed horrified that she had to talk about the abuse on camera when the news first broke, so I would imagine it’s very possible that she asked Derick not to make any statements about that specifically on her behalf. JB/the show might be his only “outlet” to publicly condemn. I get the strong sense that they’ve aligned on their messaging and what they want to complain or not complain about. 

Edited by ReadMeLattice
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

And for 5 minutes JBooger and the Hairball weren't allowed on, but we all know how long that lasted.

Yes, what a total bait and switch. They basically had them as background noise for a couple episodes before they were just main characters again. JB is never going to accept not being the protagonist of any story. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

What I am worried about is if he passes the bar and becomes a lawyer will Jim Slob expect him to be the family lawyer and get them out of messes for free?

He won't be that kind of lawyer anyway. Not criminal. Or am I wrong? 

(edited)
9 hours ago, hathorlive said:

This. This. A hundred times this.  I think most of Derrick's assholeness was to get them off the show, because it was PTSD for his wife.  He watched her parents make her give what amounts to a hostage statement on Fox News, with the single goal of absolving her abuser.  No one cared about her.  If I were Derrick, I would already have the book written and would publish it, to grind salt in the wounds.  Derrick is angry.  And the better point of debate, is why aren't Jeremy, Ben, and Austin? Because, guys, you look like pussies who are standing by your wife's abuser.   

I actually think Derick is pretty chickenshit.

I think, contrary to what he has claimed since, he was fired for what he said about Jazz, which he actually did admit initially. So, he bullied a child on a social media. I don't think he did that to get off the show. I think he did that because he's an asshole. If he truly wanted off the show, I'd have more respect for him if he had owned his decision and quit.

Likewise, his criticisms of JB and Michelle have usually fallen into the cryptic social media comment rather than him actually saying anything of substance.

If he hadn't been fired, I think he would still be on the show,  and I think his anger at Jim Bob is primarily over feeling lied to about the show and the money. That's certainly what he rants the most about.

The other in-laws are chickenshit, too, but I don't see him as an exception. I think circumstances are why Derick is on the outs rather than any personal conviction. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 21