Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Not my favorite subjects either. What did you major in?

Criminology/forensic psychology 

Tried forensic science first as a major. Was too hard for me. That was my original plan to get a BS in Forensic Science 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Criminology/forensic psychology 

Tried forensic science first as a major. Was too hard for me. That was my original plan to get a BS in Forensic Science 

Oh, I find criminology fascinating!  Those classes must have been interesting. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Since Jill wants to be a nurse. 

Since when? 

She isn't even a pseudo-midwife any more, and she's had plenty of time to pick that back up if she had the tiniest shred of self-respect or ambition.  She's had years to achieve something. 

I think who and what she is now, is as far as she goes.  

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Since when? 

She isn't even a pseudo-midwife any more, and she's had plenty of time to pick that back up if she had the tiniest shred of self-respect or ambition.  She's had years to achieve something. 

I think who and what she is now, is as far as she goes.  

She was busy getting used to marriage and having babies. Soon they’ll both be in school. That would be a good time for her to get back into school.

• Love 7

It's fun to find out what Mami means:

Spanish[edit]

Pronunciation[edit]

IPA(key): /ˈmami/, [ˈma.mi]

Noun[edit]

mami f (plural mamis)

(informal) mommy

(Central America, Philippines) mother

(Bolivia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Venezuela) attractive woman; momma

(Bolivia, Colombia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Mexico, Panama, Puerto Rico, Venezuela) a term of affection for a woman

(Peru) a woman who runs a brothel; a madame

(Honduras, derogatory) a homosexual man

Edited by leighdear
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

She was busy getting used to marriage and having babies. Soon they’ll both be in school. That would be a good time for her to get back into school.

I will be very surprised if she goes to school for anything.  Has she ever said anything about needing or wanting more education?  Given her lack of formal education, I would think she would need remedial classes before any college level classes.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Papa. They can’t even get their Spanish terms right.

Actually, Papi is correct. I know, I called my dad that and my mom Mami. Or you can use Papa and Mama. 

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, leighdear said:

It's fun to find out what Mami means:

Spanish[edit]

Pronunciation[edit]

IPA(key): /ˈmami/, [ˈma.mi]

Noun[edit]

mami f (plural mamis)

(informal) mommy

(Central America, Philippines) mother

(Bolivia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Venezuela) attractive woman; momma

(Bolivia, Colombia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Mexico, Panama, Puerto Rico, Venezuela) a term of affection for a woman

(Peru) a woman who runs a brothel; a madame

(Honduras, derogatory) a homosexual man

My mother was Dominican. I didn't realize it had those two other meanings. I knew about Mami as an attractive woman or a term of affection. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Suzn said:

I will be very surprised if she goes to school for anything.  Has she ever said anything about needing or wanting more education?  Given her lack of formal education, I would think she would need remedial classes before any college level classes.

Dereck said she is more educated that all of us because she passed one college class. That I remember. I don’t remember Jill saying anything about going to college for a degree. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Dereck said she is more educated that all of us because she passed one college class. That I remember. I don’t remember Jill saying anything about going to college for a degree. 

What an idiot he can be!  He has to be embarrassed for her at times. I really don't think she is very smart.  She actually had some mid-wife training and called her equipment "medical thingies". If she really took a college class, it could not have been a serious heavy-duty class

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Suzn said:

What an idiot he can be!  He has to be embarrassed for her at times. I really don't think she is very smart.  She actually had some mid-wife training and called her equipment "medical thingies". If she really took a college class, it could not have been a serious heavy-duty class

It was bible studies 

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Based on the last few posts, Jill is really ramping up the Jesus talk.

Maybe she's doing some intensive Bible studies or devotionals for Lent and it's showing up in her posting?

• Useful 10
57 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

What is she posting?

Things like, PTL and #littleblessings. Her post for Derick's birthday was Jesus-y. And the post below. 

💙Sometimes our children have a way of reminding us how much we matter...to them, to God, to others. They help us remember that sometimes it’s the little things in life can mean so much.

🌻Let’s keep our eyes fixed on the Prince of Peace, our hope, Jesus Christ!

#jesuslovesmethisiknow❤️ #childlikefaith

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Based on the last few posts, Jill is really ramping up the Jesus talk.

but if she actually read the bible she might know it should be "Lo and behold..." not "Low and behold".....

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
58 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

but if she actually read the bible she might know it should be "Lo and behold..." not "Low and behold".....

Great minds!  You took the post right out of my head.  That's a pet peeve of mine.

Nice picture, though.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, questionfear said:

One benefit to this discussion: I couldn't figure out what PTL stood for, and my brain kept filling in PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte) and I was like, wrong season, wrong beverage, why do i keep reading that???

ME TOO! Especially because she had that coffee in her hand when she said it....it didn't click for me until someone finally said "praise the Lord" a couple posts up. I almost had to resort to Google to figure it out.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, JoanArc said:

PTL? A glimpse of Derrick and Jill’s future.

C5B5B511-8905-4074-A216-A42AD4AD2BA0.jpeg

Who are they?

55 minutes ago, questionfear said:

One benefit to this discussion: I couldn't figure out what PTL stood for, and my brain kept filling in PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte) and I was like, wrong season, wrong beverage, why do i keep reading that???

I kept thinking Pretty Little Liars. What do they have to do with anything?

25 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Hypocrites of the highest order.

Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker, founders of the PTL Club Ministries.      

You might also want to do a quick Google of heritage USA. 

3 hours ago, questionfear said:

Same! I had no idea what it stood for.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

If Jill wants to be a Tammy she seriously needs to up her mascara game 🤣

She seriously needs to have an affair with Jeremy. The make up will just come after that.

• LOL 5
54 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Poor Jill. She puts "PTL" in an insta story/post - and suddenly she's all set to be the next Tammy Faye Bakker. 

Actually, the late Tammy Faye had a lot of heart. After the crash/downfall of PTL ministries, she divorced slimeball Jim B, and diverged from most evangelical Christians by her support of LGBT folks and the compassion and support she showed to people who had HIV/AIDS. Shortly before her early death from cancer, she told Larry King, "when we lost everything [when PTL crashed], it was the gay people that came to my rescue, and I will always love them for that." A person could do worse than Tammy Faye, and plenty have.

I have to agree about her. She really had a good heart as opposed to him. I am friends with her son on FB and he speaks so fondly of her and so do his friends. Not so much his dad, I can tell the relationship is strained. His church is a all inclusive and he has married same sex couples. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 17
9 hours ago, Zella said:

None of these boring Duggars have got anything on the Bakkers when it comes to entertainment value.

1602885502_JimandTammyFaye2(2019_03_1600_36_29UTC).thumb.jpg.bb8f6121d8c42f58de91e656f0189b62.jpg1638504011_JimandTammyFaye1.thumb.jpg.39362538e8372de0ae018c5c262c9fdb.jpg

With all that money, one would think they could afford better than Sears' professional photos. 😁

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2