Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)

These fools must have had COVID by now. 

Dereck looks better when he had a beard and longish hair. 

He definitely got the same thing as Tom Cruise jaw/teeth wise.

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

104BF8F4-2172-47CF-987D-10A202FA856F.jpeg

I know her parents probably won't ever see this photo and the Dillards still hold beliefs that I don't agree with, but the petty part of me really loves that Jill is using a mug that has "My Daughter In Law" printed on it. 

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 19
On 3/7/2021 at 1:05 PM, Monkeyrocks said:

I’m surprised they didn’t foster first. I am a single mom with two jobs, and my daughter wanted a “better” pet than a fish, and I was worried about the commitment, but applied to foster a hard-to-place cat. I got a timid, traumatized ten year old who had been on the streets her first eight years and in and out of homes the past two. 

She became a foster fail seven months later. A few months later, we thought she might like a companion, but we’re also unsure how she’d act, especially because some of her trauma involved kittens she had had, so, we arranged for a “trial” placement of a three month old male kitten to see if they’d be a good match, with the understanding that if it didn’t work after a couple months, we’d return him,  because we’d worked so hard on bringing our first cat to a good place and didn’t want her seriously regressing, and, because of her history, she was priority number one. 

Within 48 hours they were grooming each other, and he also became a foster fail.

My ex routinely fosters kittens and when they’re old enough to go to permanent homes, that’s what’s done. Fostering is a great way to “try out” pet ownership, and find out if you really are ready for that commitment, and I wish more people would try it. 

I'm unfamiliar, what's foster fail?   I would assume that it's fostering that did not go well, but it sounds like both cats are thriving with you.   Clearly I need this broken down like I'm a five year old, because I'm not following.

• Love 2

There's Jill's spices. They look the same as the ones in the tomato can pic. Izzy was a baby then and Jill cooks basic (or less than basic) food. Wouldn't those spices lose their flavor over the course of five years?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

A “foster fail” means the foster adopts the pet themselves because they fall in love...it’s a bit of a misnomer!

Ah, thanks.

Congratulations on being a two-time "failure" @monkeyrocks!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

There's Jill's spices. They look the same as the ones in the tomato can pic. Izzy was a baby then and Jill cooks basic (or less than basic) food. Wouldn't those spices lose their flavor over the course of five years?

They're matching jars that you refill - well refill if you use them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Yes. But in all fairness... I found a jar of tarragon in my drawer that expired five years ago. Which means I moved it three times, maybe four. 🙄

Also...turmeric. Have it, never use it. Ditto curry powder. Also coriander. Also cumin. I suspect some of these jars will outlive me.

Spices are relatively expensive ($6 for a jar of dill, really Safeway?) and I get why she wouldn’t be replacing them. 

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, Absolom said:

They're matching jars that you refill - well refill if you use them.

But this is Jill. I'm thinking the spices she actually uses are in their unmatching store bought shakers in her cupboards. Like mine. 😀 But I don't have a spice rack. The less on my countertops the happier I am.

• Love 5

He lets her pop his pimples and peel his sunburns. 

It reminds me of Michelle's list of 100 things she loves about JB. She was clearly running out of things by the end. Among other things Michelle loves, he leads their family in prayer and the pledge of allegiance. Michelle had already said he was a great kisser. 

• LOL 3
49 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

“duggarfam” hasn’t posted since Justin got married. They didn’t post a few birthdays, and haven’t posted about Jessa being pregnant.  I’m thinking Jana is too busy. 

🤔 too busy, you say? Hmmm, I can think of one reason why that might be...

4 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Among other things Michelle loves, he leads their family in prayer and the pledge of allegiance.

The pledge of allegiance?! bwahahaha I'm sorry but who says the pledge of allegiance at their own house?

• LOL 11
(edited)

wonder if he is continuing to point her back to Jesus during pimple popping and sunburn peeling...... just ewwww on the entire birthday post

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think she means when confronting problems, not that she was considering leaving her faith.

Can y'all just leave me be?  I'm having fun pondering the possible detours she could have contemplated.

And the fallout  JB's face would have been priceless, and totally worthy of the "Gram!

Edited by Tikichick
  • LOL 6
52 minutes ago, rue721 said:

🤔 too busy, you say? Hmmm, I can think of one reason why that might be...

The pledge of allegiance?! bwahahaha I'm sorry but who says the pledge of allegiance at their own house?

Its probably the start of their home school session. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

I wonder if lying on a Facebook post violates a commandment?  Or does it not count since it's social media?

I think a cursory review of Duggar social media behavior answers that (theological) question.

Edited by Tikichick
  • LOL 5
2 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

I think a cursory review of Duggar social media behavior answers that (theological) question.

I'm tempted to reply "liar liar pants on fire" because I think that's low enough for them to comprehend we aren't buying it.

• LOL 8
5 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

It doesn’t count if you’re lying to the great unsaved heathen masses. 🙄

I knew there was theological doctrine behind it.   It's a sure thing I am too unworthy to understand the intricacies.

• LOL 9
19 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

the mail on the table next to Derick is interesting. not card sized. who brings mail to a birthday dinner?

Maybe it was something that went to Kathy's house meant for him? 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, awaken said:

As always, Cathy's husband looks like he’s so over the photos and SM posts!  He’s not having it!  

He could be like me: I love taking photos and hate being photographed with the heat of a thousand suns. I have finally learned to relax and put on a big smile because I look better smiling but it's taken decades for that to occur to me. In most group pictures I'm in everybody else is smiling and I have approximately the same expression as most people wear when having a mug shot made after an arrest.

Just saying. I don't know if he's actively opposed to SM or hates having his photo taken, or just smiled a fraction of a second too late for this snapshot. Hard to judge by a 1/100th of a second snap.

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
21 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

He could be like me: I love taking photos and hate being photographed with the heat of a thousand suns. I have finally learned to relax and put on a big smile because I look better smiling but it's taken decades for that to occur to me. In most group pictures I'm in everybody else is smiling and I have approximately the same expression as most people wear when having a mug shot made after an arrest.

Just saying. I don't know if he's actively opposed to SM or hates having his photo taken, or just smiled a fraction of a second too late for this snapshot. Hard to judge by a 1/100th of a second snap.

Amen!   Do not enjoy being photographed in the least.

• Love 13
12 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I totally get this. We knew out wedding photographer was good when he was able to get decent photos of us, as both my husband and I tend to immediately look as relaxed as Al Gore (which is to say, NOT) when you point a camera at either of us. Influencers, we will  never be, for many reasons.

I did wonder who took that shot. Do we think Dreck stuck his arm out all the way and managed to get everyone in frame?

• Love 6
10 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I totally get this. We knew out wedding photographer was good when he was able to get decent photos of us, as both my husband and I tend to immediately look as relaxed as Al Gore (which is to say, NOT) when you point a camera at either of us. Influencers, we will  never be, for many reasons.

I did wonder who took that shot. Do we think Dreck stuck his arm out all the way and managed to get everyone in frame?

I think one of the waitstaff took the picture. They have to be used to people handing them their smartphones and asking them to snap a shot of the whole table. 

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

i5ywz2izanm61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

If it wasn't for the date stamped on the picture, I would peg it as 1988 not 1998.  Maybe 1992.  Those thrift store dresses make it seem earlier than what it was.  Most likely because I wore something similar to Jana's dress back in the early 90s.

• Love 5