Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Temperance said:

Especially when the school probably has real social distancing policies in place and that wedding does not. 

I don't think missing your brother's wedding is a big deal when you have 10 of them plus a cousin your parents are raising and 8 sisters. With as big as the family is, it's inevitable that not everyone will make every wedding. They even said that at one of the weddings. I can't remember if it was Jill's or Jessa's. 

She might have been there, but skipping the out-of-state, COVID spreading, teenage wedding sound likes okay to me. 

I can't imagine Joe and Kendra went either so Jill wouldn't have been the only one missing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, he was. But he and Bin were stupid guys on the fringe of marrying into what they thought was royalty, and they were just besotted with the desire to please the screaming bloodthirsty Duggars. I've always thought that, left to their own devices, neither would have pulled that stunt, and I still think that. They were trying to please their new overlords/ladies. And we know what their overlords/ladies are like. All the Duggars were screaming for blood and BIn and Der let their hormones do the talking. Looking at them and at their parents over time,  I doubt either one of them was raised to lust for animal cruelty, while the ever-tacky, slyly rageful Duggs were.  

Hard disagree. They showed me who they were, and I believe them the first time. 

• Love 12
42 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Hard disagree. They showed me who they were, and I believe them the first time. 

I agree with this.  Animal cruelty crosses that line to where there is no excuse for it.

• Love 9

I'm glad the family (or some of them, at least) isn't totally shunning Jill and I'm happy to see them wearing masks. I'm kind of surprised to see Derrick growing his man bun again, given he's soon to graduate, take the state boards, and try to get a professional law job.

• Love 17

I don’t know a thing about Arkansas so please pardon my ignorance. What are the rules when parents travel to another state even without their children? Does Izzy have to quarantine before returning to school? 

if yes, it won’t take long before someone finds out through their SM. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, SMama said:

I don’t know a thing about Arkansas so please pardon my ignorance. What are the rules when parents travel to another state even without their children? Does Izzy have to quarantine before returning to school? 

I'm pretty sure in my school, someone only needs to quarantine if they, personally, have traveled out of state. (I do not live in Arkansas... but my state is pretty Covid-conscious.) 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I'm pretty sure in my school, someone only needs to quarantine if they, personally, have traveled out of state. (I do not live in Arkansas... but my state is pretty Covid-conscious.) 

Arkansas has some of the most lax Covid standards. I doubt Izzy will have to quarantine.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, SMama said:

if yes, it won’t take long before someone finds out through their SM. 

I don't have children, so I'm not really sure of what the requirements would be. My guess is it is determined by school district. I saw quite a bit on the Rogers School District site about reporting positive cases in the family but nothing on out-of-state travel, I suspect @dargosmydaddy is right about Izzy not needing to isolate if he himself didn't travel. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, emma675 said:

I'm glad the family (or some of them, at least) isn't totally shunning Jill and I'm happy to see them wearing masks. I'm kind of surprised to see Derrick growing his man bun again, given he's soon to graduate, take the state boards, and try to get a professional law job.

Hope Jill’s knees and Derrick’s man bun pissed off JB.

• LOL 20
  • Love 4
On 2/25/2021 at 8:18 AM, Growsonwalls said:

One thing about Belgian Mals and GSD's (they're very similar type dogs) is that they are extremely gentle with kids. High energy, but love kids. 

Not always. A GSD went after my three-year-old sister and bit her in the face...thirty stitches...we were visiting family friends and my sister was just standing next to the dog. They are serious, intense dogs...NOT for novice or flaky dog owners. They need training and a job or they’ll decide what that job is on their own. We didn’t even keep them at the shelter where I volunteered...too volatile. We had connections with a rescue and sent them there for evaluation and fostering.

I hope there’s enough retriever or something mellow in the “mix” to soften her a little.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
On 2/22/2021 at 7:15 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

I believe at least one of the kids called it a "pee-pee holder." Not cutesy, but... kind of weird.

My cousin, who was 4 when her brother was born, called it a "urine nozzle" because she'd never seen such a thing and had no word for it!

Back on topic, sort of, when I went back to finish my degree in my early 30s, I wrote a whole paper about using the correct terminology for body parts. I'd had a friend whose daughter was being molested by a family friend, but they didn't catch on for a long time because they had taught their five daughters (no sons) to call everything below the waist their "Bottom" so when the child kept telling them that her bottom hurt, they kept brushing it off thinking she had fallen or something.

3 minutes ago, magpye29 said:

My cousin, who was 4 when her brother was born, called it a "urine nozzle" because she'd never seen such a thing and had no word for it!

Back on topic, sort of, when I went back to finish my degree in my early 30s, I wrote a whole paper about using the correct terminology for body parts. I'd had a friend whose daughter was being molested by a family friend, but they didn't catch on for a long time because they had taught their five daughters (no sons) to call everything below the waist their "Bottom" so when the child kept telling them that her bottom hurt, they kept brushing it off thinking she had fallen or something.

That's so unfortunate for the young girl! Her parents weren't aware predators don't always just assault the 'front part'? So even if she was saying bottom its still alarming. I hope they figured it out sooner rather than later.

• Love 5

Aw, I liked the name Grindel, but Fenna is cute as well.

I think if they're consistent with the training, she's going to be an awesome pet. She still has that puppy energy, but didn't seem overly jumpy or rough with the kids. 

• Love 18
(edited)

Thank god that dog is an inside dog, unlike poor Brielle. 

And ... cute dog. I have a special affection for GSD;s as this adorable GSD is the main bomb-sniffer at the Met Opera. This dog recognizes me and always snuggles when I say hi. So cute.

Edited by Growsonwalls
  • Love 15

So instead of baby # 3...Jill and co get a dog.  A nice typical middle class move.

And I'm guessing she's handling the social media and YouTube channel to get some coin.  If sone right, one can make decent bank on YouTube.  All depends on views, ads, and adsense partnership (and Nov/Dec pays more..than in January).

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

So instead of baby # 3...Jill and co get a dog.  A nice typical middle class move.

And I'm guessing she's handling the social media and YouTube channel to get some coin.  If sone right, one can make decent bank on YouTube.  All depends on views, ads, and adsense partnership (and Nov/Dec pays more..than in January).

Doggie vloggers can get a lot of money. I'm not sure Jill's audience is that into dogs but I follow several doggie vloggers. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I am happy for the boys and the whole family because I love dogs and as a single act have had a dog/s since 1983. They are really lucky, that is a really great pup. Given they are first time dog owners they are going pretty good. I could critique a few things but so could I have been with my first dog. They all are involved and I think Derick might be as happy as the boys. I really hope it works out as dogs can teach them and the boys so much. Given Derick is not so much into the Duggar way the dog stands a better chance. Them having a dog makes me think of Jill's buddy Jenni  who loved animals and wanted to be a vet. I so hope she can break away from her family and do more than get married and have babies. 

• Love 19
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I really enjoyed watching them with the new dog.  Looks like a great match!

Me too, they all look so happy and the pup looks right at home with the family.

Going on walks and playing in the backyard will be so much fun for the boys with their new companion.

I love that they got a rescue pup from a shelter ❤🐶 

Edited by Joan of Argh
Spelling
  • Love 21

New dog owners are usually enthusiastic. It'll be interesting to see if they continue to embrace the dog in the coming months. Although Jill has learned to be careful about what she posts because of the "Karens" out there. Hopefully, for Fenna's sake, they'll be a great dog family. 

• Love 19
13 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I really enjoyed watching them with the new dog.  Looks like a great match!

I'm impressed that Jill is giving the boys tips and reminders.  She seems to be paying attention to the fact that kids need guidance around pets.  I'm over the moon that the dog is living/sleeping in the house.  I give her 5 days before Fenna is trying to get in bed with Izzy.  She seems very at home with the Dillards.  The rest of the stuff (rawhides are horrible) are things many experienced pet owners do. I hope Jill gets a book on dog training.  Its a nice way to teach the kids boundaries with the dog and a fun activity for the entire family.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Growsonwalls said:

It's awesome that Fenna already has her doggie bed and crate. I wonder if Derick had dogs growing up. 

If he did, he must have been very young. He didn't seem to know much about picking out food, and the crate he bought her was too small. A lot of people gave them good advice via Instagram, so hopefully they read through the comments.

• Love 12

Don't shelters usually tell adopters what brand of food the animal has been eating, to make the transition easier? Though I guess the shelter animals may be fed a brand that isn't sold in small sizes or in regular stores.

• Love 4