Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

Maybe this is old news, but she's in labor.

According to Yahoo anyway.

Where, please?  That may be last week's story.  

False positive pregnancy tests are rare unless there is some other medical condition causing it.

With this child being of American Royalty descent, I was thinking, maybe they're having difficulty finding a red carpet to cram into the Royal birth canal? Berber? Shag? Plush? So many choices.... It was an original hardwood entry/exit way at first........  

If its Duggar, then its going to be cheap, like linoleum.    

• Love 6

Where, please?  That may be last week's story.  

False positive pregnancy tests are rare unless there is some other medical condition causing it.

Maybe it is old.  At this point I don't know.  ;)

Does anyone know how common false positive pregnancy test results are?  Given the fact that Jill was on a mission to conceive from the moment she said "I do", the fact that they tend to start testing days before a missed period, and that the tests used  may have  been from Michelle's stash (i.e., old), maybe Jill wasn't actually pregnant when she got her first positive result, and is just approaching her due date now.

I don't think those happen, honestly. The tests have been very accurate for many years. I had a positive pee-test before my period was even due, 21 years ago now. I'd think if a test was so old it was expired, it might just not work, but I don't think that causes false positives. Which makes me feel like she should have had the baby by now. Come on, little Gherkin, enough with the dramatics. Be born, already! :-)

Or Astroturf.

You'd be surprised. Astroturf is pretty expensive :-)

I don't think those happen, honestly. The tests have been very accurate for many years. I had a positive pee-test before my period was even due, 21 years ago now. I'd think if a test was so old it was expired, it might just not work, but I don't think that causes false positives. Which makes me feel like she should have had the baby by now. Come on, little Gherkin, enough with the dramatics. Be born, already! :-)

Yea - false negatives definitely happen but true false positives are quite rare. Usually when that happens it really was the start of a pregnancy that just didn't take.

• Love 1

Or if you are using a cheap test like a blue dye test, you can sometimes mistake the evaporation line for a 'positive' line. I once had a wonky test that the evap line showed through and I nearly died of shock ( was not trying to get pregnant and was like 6 months from my wedding, too late to buy a new dress lol). I then took a more expensive 'pink dye' test ( First response) and it was a clear as day negative (woot)

Blue dye tests are notorious for tricking people, trust me I spend a lot of time frantically googling, lol. This could be what happened BUT i think she is just super overdue. Its like her body knows shes going to have a massive baby and doesn't want to let it out lol!

I read on Yahoo that she admitted she is 6 days overdue.  An that was on the 3rd.  So days overdue now.  Wow!

There's a lot of old stories floating around on Yahoo that are nothing more than repeating the same article over and over, just by a different  supposed source. What's the link on this one? 

Anyway, I have a question. At what point does a doctor say ' no more pregnancies' if you have repeated c-sections? Like, whats the cut off? I know Jchelle had a few but she was able to have most births in between vaginally...but if JillypIcklymuffin has a c-section with JesusJr , then a second one, then a third...at what point does it become really unsafe? Would repeated c-sections decrease fertility?

There is no set number - depends on the patient, and the OB. i can say that doctors (particularly OBs) are becoming more and more malpractice phobic. I believe it's gotten more difficult to find doctors willing to do VBACs.

I have had four C-sections. My first was very large (10.5 pounds) and wouldn't descend. My doctor wouldn't allow a VBAC try for any subsequent babies, as he feared they would all be large. Actually, my last baby was an average 7 pounds.

As he was stitching me up after number 4, he said "no more babies." My muscles were very weakened by that point (we were done anyhow).

LOL - C-sections did not affect my fertility! My last two were conceived easily after my 40th birthday.

Wishing Jill a safe and joyous birth.

• Love 3

As he was stitching me up after number 4, he said "no more babies." 

Oh, sure, the *doctor* said.  I think God's special fundie directives totally outweigh that sort of nonsense for the Duggars.  Who was HE to determine your SeasonOfLife? (The doctor HAS, after all, seen people naked, so he's all kinds of corrupted anyway.)

• Love 6

Does anyone know how common false positive pregnancy test results are?  Given the fact that Jill was on a mission to conceive from the moment she said "I do", the fact that they tend to start testing days before a missed period, and that the tests used  may have  been from Michelle's stash (i.e., old), maybe Jill wasn't actually pregnant when she got her first positive result, and is just approaching her due date now.

We only have her word that she got pregnant when she did.  They needed the whole honeymoon baby story for ratings.  She dropped a week or so ago.  I think the rule of thumb is a baby drops about 2 weeks before delivery.

• Love 2

We only have her word that she got pregnant when she did. They needed the whole honeymoon baby story for ratings. She dropped a week or so ago. I think the rule of thumb is a baby drops about 2 weeks before delivery.

both of my schedule C sections were at 39 weeks. When they did the exam before the surgery on both of them I was told the baby had not dropped, no dialation, no cervix softening. I was told at LEAST another two weeks if I were deliver naturally.

We only have her word that she got pregnant when she did. They needed the whole honeymoon baby story for ratings. She dropped a week or so ago. I think the rule of thumb is a baby drops about 2 weeks before delivery.

Eh, I went eight days past due and dropped about 12 hours before I gave birth. Every birth is a little bit different.

Come on Dilly Dally Dilliard!

• Love 3

I mostly agree, but in some ways it may be too soon to tell. Yeah -- this kid will be more of a Duggar than a Dillard. He certainly isn't going to public high school where he can carry a full load of AP classes, be quarterback of the HS football team, and go to prom with the prom queen. BUT 18 yrs is a long time, and it's possible that Derick grows a spine somewhere in that time. I mean this is baby #1 so Jill will dote on him full time for a yr or two, but I predict she -- like Anna -- will have 4 kids under the age of 5 soon enough. With that many kids, I can see her needing a "break" and if Derick actually gets to know his wife in the next 5 yrs and realizes that she has no clue when it comes to proper grammar, accurate history, and accurate science, he may try to get "his way"  -- he may be able to convince her that while public school is for Godless heathens, Christian school may not be the worst thing in the world. So there may be an option for a formal education at least for a few years. The problem with that however is that it gets costly, and I do think they will have 10+ kids -- so it may not be a financial option beyond a few yrs for each kid. I mean Derick does well, but I'm not sure that an entry level (or even a mid level) accountant can afford 10 private school tuitions for 12 yrs.

Even if they homeschool though, there's a chance their kid(s) is not as isolated as the Duggars were. If for no other reason than Derick is a sports fan and will probably start bringing the kid(s) to games pretty young. Growing up around that, I can see a kid or two insisting on playing a sport. Let's be honest Ben and Jessa will have kids at the same/similar times so with lots of cousins in the same age group, I can see Dillard Jr. saying -- but why can't I play football, Ben Jr gets to play  (and I think Ben will allow those things bc he did them). So that kind of involvement will at least allow the kid to have some interaction with non-family and maybe make some friends -- something the Duggars sorely lack. Best case for the kid would be if Uncle Dan and Grandma Cathy get to stay involved -- they're the ones who can infuse some "normalcy," even if it just means letting the kid sleep over once every 2 months and in that time letting him watch a Disney movie or play pretend superhero games and when he gets older -- tell him about college, talk to him about what he wants to be and help him figure out how to achieve goals (beyond just praying about them).

I agree with  most of this. Only Anna will have four kids under six, not under five. 

Also on Ben letting his kids play sports, his mom Guinn pointed out at the wedding that Ben and Jessa ran out  of their wedding while they were playing Arkansas Razorback theme (local college sports team). 

As for Derrick, like a lot of kids from smallish families he doesn't know a lot about babies (especially being one of two kids close in age with no close extended family as far as we can tell) he may be happy to let Jill "Mommy had babies in my teens" be in charge of the babies and guide the show (literally and figuratively). When Dilly gets older, he may have more confidence and expectations for his children. 

It may also be a pick your battles situation. 

Finally I think Derrick is infatuated with his new life, but that may change when the baby starts screaming, he gets no sleep, they're pregnant for the umpteenth time, they can't go a day with changing diapers, his kids seem bored and uneducated, etc.

Derrick is at the easy part and the starting part and a lot may change in even five or ten years. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I read on Yahoo that she admitted she is 6 days overdue.  An that was on the 3rd.  So days overdue now.  Wow!

Actually today she's 13 days overdue. 

eta: her "second due date" was something she arbitrarily made up because, according to her, first time mothers are almost always "about 10 days late." I'm sure that she chose Easter on purpose, even if it meant choosing a day that was 12 days late. She just didn't want to say "Easter."

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

Not all babies drop prior to labor and some babies drop way early. My middle daughter was basically engaged in my pelvis from conception but was 10 days late.

It is also possible that she chose the 2nd due date as the 5th because that's the last chance her midwife would give her to go into labor. In other words it's due today or you head for induction.

(edited)

The thing is, a doctor can say no more babies, but if someone is pregnant, it isn't as if they aren't going to get medical care. It might not be the care we would want - it might only be care from walking in off of the street into the emergency room - but you cannot deny someone their right to become pregnant simply because they have had X number of C-sections.

Edited by GEML

Not all babies drop prior to labor and some babies drop way early. My middle daughter was basically engaged in my pelvis from conception but was 10 days late.

It is also possible that she chose the 2nd due date as the 5th because that's the last chance her midwife would give her to go into labor. In other words it's due today or you head for induction.

For some reason, after seeing her midwife's uber-fundie website, I don't think they wanted to voluntarily be working yesterday (although I think it's a given that Jill wanted that Second Coming baby). I guess she still has today to deliver RickJamesBitch! before being turned over to the OB. I am not familiar with procedure at this point. Will the doctor just go ahead and induce her straight away, or check vitals and wait it out for a few more days?

The thing is, a doctor can say no more babies, but if someone is pregnant, it isn't as if they aren't going to get medical care. It might not be the care we would want - it might only be care from walking in off of the street into the emergency room - but you cannot deny someone their right to become pregnant simply because they have had X number of C-sections.

Exactly. Plus even amongst OBs who would like to restrict babies after too many c-sections there is no agreement on what that number should be. Even here the two stories were 'my doc said no more' after 3 for one woman and 4 for the next.

For some reason, after seeing her midwife's uber-fundie website, I don't think they wanted to voluntarily be working yesterday (although I think it's a given that Jill wanted that Second Coming baby). I guess she still has today to deliver RickJamesBitch! before being turned over to the OB. I am not familiar with procedure at this point. Will the doctor just go ahead and induce her straight away, or check vitals and wait it out for a few more days?

If Jill is truly 42 weeks pregnant, legally an OB has to start induction the day it hits 42 weeks or pull the baby out through C-section. At that point, it's almost guaranteed that there will be meconium so an OB is going to push hard for a scheduled C-section.

At this point though, I'm leaning towards the baby is already here and the silence from the Dugger's is so they can announce the birth before, during, or after tomorrow's episode. If Jill really was still pregnant and not in active labor on Easter, I think for certain we would have gotten an Instagram pic of her belly.

• Love 1

I'm guessing she was induced this morning (April 6th.) Given how public she had been about due dates, unless she has iron clad proof that she isn't two weeks over, her midwife turned her over to an OB, and that OB, I should think, would at least try an induction before going to a c-section knowing how important many future pregnancies are to her.

• Love 1

It depends on the doctor. Some are okay with daily monitoring for a few more days, but most will induce. They may start slowly - cervadil instead of jumping straight to pitocin, and I'm assuming she's had her membranes swept, but if not then definitely that too.

My son was born at 41 weeks exactly and didn't drop until I was in active labor, so I don't put much stock in when the baby drops.

• Love 1

Jill put up a 41w4d instagram post on Saturday, so, at least according to their narrative, she was still pregnant. Other than a "He is risen" instagram from Derick yesterday, it was quiet on social media (aside from Binjermin posting his usual inflammatory stuff).  They obviously won't announce until People can put up a picture of the Blessed Infant online, probably tomorrow morning to coincide with the "gender announcement" episode tomorrow night. 

Who on earth doesn't know that it's a boy? Geez! 

• Love 2
I'm guessing she was induced this morning (April 6th.)

I tend to agree. Given the fact that this is a fairly high-visibility pregnancy, I don't think anyone's going to want to take the blame if things don't go as planned.

If Jill is truly 42 weeks pregnant, legally an OB has to start induction the day it hits 42 weeks or pull the baby out through C-section. At that point, it's almost guaranteed that there will be meconium so an OB is going to push hard for a scheduled C-section.

Where is it that an OB legally has to start an induction on the day of completion of 42 weeks?  

There is indeed a higher chance of meconium but not a guarantee of it.  

I'm guessing she was induced this morning (April 6th.) Given how public she had been about due dates, unless she has iron clad proof that she isn't two weeks over, her midwife turned her over to an OB, and that OB, I should think, would at least try an induction before going to a c-section knowing how important many future pregnancies are to her.

This is what I was thinking and why I thought she chose April 5 as her 2nd due date but still dated herself as the first due date. She knew if the baby hadn't come by yesterday she'd be induced today.

Absolom, there is a 42 week rule in AR law regarding midwife care. At that point, the patient has to be turned over to an OB for care. Jerick have mentioned that they do have a hospital care plan in place; it certainly looks like they'll have to implement it. 

(edited)

I would view an OB telling a mother "You've had X number of C-sections - no more babies for you..." as professional advice, nothing more. Of course no doctor has a right to forbid more pregnancies, and of course there are women who choose to disregard the advice and become pregnant again. Even when the best move for all is probably not to. People do medically ill-advised things all the time, things that also drive up the cost of health care for all of us.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 1

Where is it that an OB legally has to start an induction on the day of completion of 42 weeks?

There is indeed a higher chance of meconium but not a guarantee of it.

The midwife legally can't treat her after 42 weeks in Arkansas and one of the sources I read said that the OB couldn't keep monitoring and had to get the baby out, but I'm trying to find that source again. It didn't specify whether that required induction/c-section was a state law or a hospital-enforced rule that OB's have to follow.

(Wry tone) Id argue that a state law saying that all women must have a c-section at the stroke of two weeks of the due date is also the kind of thing that drives up medical care for all of us. A lot of GOOD medical care drives up care too, in that it isn't by any means cost effective across society over all, but may mean all the world to that one individual.

• Love 8

At this point though, I'm leaning towards the baby is already here and the silence from the Dugger's is so they can announce the birth before, during, or after tomorrow's episode. If Jill really was still pregnant and not in active labor on Easter, I think for certain we would have gotten an Instagram pic of her belly.

I'm seeing sites that say it's 16 days before they have in induce.  Either way, it's seems like an awfully long time.

At this point though, I'm leaning towards the baby is already here and the silence from the Dugger's is so they can announce the birth before, during, or after tomorrow's episode.

The little ones would tell us (or Cousin Amy)!  Anyone a Facebook friend? lol

Absolom, there is a 42 week rule in AR law regarding midwife care. At that point, the patient has to be turned over to an OB for care. Jerick have mentioned that they do have a hospital care plan in place; it certainly looks like they'll have to implement it.

This I know.  I'm one of the people who posted a quote from the AR regulations.  Turned over to care is not what the OP said, but that the OB legally had to induce.  Those are two entirely different things.  As far I know the OB can not force Jill into a hospital and force Pitocin on her.  I expect the OB would highly recommend the induction and Jill and Derick at this point will most likely agree.  However, I can't imagine a state where they have legislated that an induction must occur on day x of a pregnancy.  

• Love 2

My guess would be that her midwife knows OBs that are in the "crunchy" side and has referred patients to them before - while there are some OBs that would require a C-section at 42 weeks, they're probably not the ones that Jill would be seeing unless there are insurance issues. Jill seems educated enough on birth that she would advocate for trying for an induced vaginal birth unless other health issues are discovered once they start monitoring her.