Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

I know this is super old but I just had to memorialize Lolly's fabulous dress:

iwm1te49lsf61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Whoever designed that dress should be shot.  It’s one of the worst monstrosities that I’ve ever laid eyes on.

• LOL 12
  • Love 9
49 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Whoever designed that dress should be shot.  It’s one of the worst monstrosities that I’ve ever laid eyes on.

I agree. LOL

Kelly Bates wore the same dress. Not only once, but twice.

• LOL 10
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

With apologies to Us magazine, that monstrosity should have made it to:  Fashion Police, When Bad Clothes Happen to (Bad) People.

Simply hideous.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I think it's priceless!  There she is, the Tin (Wo)man who is on a journey to get a heart.

• LOL 11
49 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Yes but on Kelly it did not look quite so...unique. I am not saying it look great just better.

It is not a dress for a short person.  I was looking for a mother of the bride dress at the same time Michelle was.  I was presented with "the monstrosity."  May I say it is possible to look worse in that dress than Michell did?  Short women with largish boobs need to be very careful with layers, tin foil fabric, and vee necks. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14
38 minutes ago, Zella said:

I. Have. So. Many. Questions. About. That. Dress.

And I want Tom and Lorenzo to write about it. 

Somebody found it online around the time of the wedding. I believe it comes in other colors as well.

• LOL 2
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Somebody found it online around the time of the wedding. I believe it comes in other colors as well.

Variations of the monstrosity were made by multiple vendors.  I saw it in navy and IIRC purple.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Derrick looks the best in this photo IMO. 

Jill’s hair wasn’t becoming of a bride. Jill is cute and her dress was nice but her hair had no style to it (Joy-Anna’s looked like that on her wedding day as well). Jill did look really happy though. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

This makes me super-crazy, and I really don't understand why ALL of their photos are like this. This is supposed to be a picture of PEOPLE -- instead Kathy's legs and wheelchair are the focal point of this idiotic (professional?) photo. I simply don't understand why every Duggar photo has to include all of the people from the shoes up. If you crop the photo, you still get too much of J'chelle's dress, but it's a lot better and the actual people are the focal point.

image.png.bc6fc34f0313d4ef024f035249eab439.png

Edited by cmr2014
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Am I having a senior moment or did Derick, some years ago, talk about joining the FBI?  A lawyer with an accounting degree is what they look for to deal with white collar crime. 

At the very least, it's folie à deux because I remember that too! 🙂 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Yes but on Kelly it did not look quite so...unique. I am not saying it look great just better.

I found pictures of Kelly in it. It did look better. The neckline appeared to be a bit lower. Perhaps Michele had it adjusted. Like when she bought a wedding/vow renewal(?)  dress at Kleinfeld and messed it up (instead of buying from their large collection of modest dresses that they carry for Orthodox Jewish brides among others.)

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I couldn't even watch the video past Jill saying they were going to 5 different places.

Pandemic. Say it with me Jill, pann-demm-iccccc.

They did only do drive thru except at Wellingtons. Masks were worn. I didn't see anything egregious.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

This makes me super-crazy, and I really don't understand why ALL of their photos are like this. This is supposed to be a picture of PEOPLE -- instead Kathy's legs and wheelchair are the focal point of this idiotic (professional?) photo. I simply don't understand why every Duggar photo has to include all of the people from the shoes up. If you crop the photo, you still get too much of J'chelle's dress, but it's a lot better and the actual people are the focal point.

OMG, no!  NOTHING draws the eye away from that aluminum foiled rack o' ribs. And of course it had an accountability insert ,and then if that's not enough, a necklace that looks like spit-up tapioca, and then a bolero so we'll know she's more modest than anyone. Oh yeah, and hair styled with Hobby Lobby Spanish moss extensions.  Cathy, as sick as she was, looked lovely and tasteful.

• LOL 12
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, Zella said:

I can't even explain why because it looks nothing like it, but that dress reminds me of a full-length straight jacket, ala Hannibal Lecter. 

It looks like it's about to throttle Mullet. Too bad it didn't succeed. 

4 hours ago, drafan said:

OMG, no!  NOTHING draws the eye away from that aluminum foiled rack o' ribs. And of course it had an accountability insert ,and then if that's not enough, a necklace that looks like spit-up tapioca, and then a bolero so we'll know she's more modest than anyone. Oh yeah, and hair styled with Hobby Lobby Spanish moss extensions.  Cathy, as sick as she was, looked lovely and tasteful.

Cathy actually looked better then than she does now. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, MzTori77 said:

I don’t even know where to begin with that progressive date video. There are just no words, so I’ll leave it at that. 😵

You are going to leave Derick bragging about having  4 dates (sex) in one night?   I am 🤮over that.

• LOL 7
21 minutes ago, MzTori77 said:

I don’t even know where to begin with that progressive date video. There are just no words, so I’ll leave it at that. 😵

Because of your post, I went to Reddit's Duggar Snark to see if someone had recapped it, and they had. I laughed until I cried reading the summary. Yeesh. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

Because of your post, I went to Reddit's Duggar Snark to see if someone had recapped it, and they had. I laughed until I cried reading the summary. Yeesh. 

I’m going to try and find that. 😁 I guess Jill learned from the biggest horn dogs there are. 

As cringeworthy as the whole intimacy talk was, the fact that the boys were in the back seat, either being ignored or shushed, was the saddest. If you’re going to bring your kids along on your date, at least include them a little. Otherwise, get a babysitter. They didn’t even get ice cream for the boys! 

• Love 10

ReDerick's useless church certificate cost $12,000.

In Jill's wedding photo with the parents/family...I don't know why Cathy could not be seated in a regular chair for the pictures. Surely she was able to move from the wheelchair to a regular seat. The permanent photos should have been kinder to Cathy by seating the parents in the same seats and the 'happy couple' standing between them. The royal family does it all the time....the Queen and company are seated in the photos most of the time. These pictures were awful. I agree that Jill's hair was awful too. She looked like she was wearing her wedding gown for a fitting instead of 'the big day'. Too much to comment about Michelle's fashion choices...!!

• Love 12
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't know about you all, but in my world, foreplay doesn't include driving around with my kids, talking Bible verses and hitting up drive-thrus. Maybe that's just me?

It's not just you.  😂

Thank you for posting that, @Zella. I needed that laugh. Good grief. And love the "Big Daddy D". 😂😂

• LOL 13
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't know about you all, but in my world, foreplay doesn't include driving around with my kids, talking Bible verses and hitting up drive-thrus. Maybe that's just me?

Bahahaha Me either!

As an antisocial introvert, I was exhausted just thinking about all of those drive-thru stops. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Coffee, charcuterie, Greek salad, sushi and ice cream? I can't even imagine wanting to have sexy times after eating all of that. 

Add bible verse discussions and having the kids along...Wow! So Sexy!  As I've said before, I really don't want to hear about their sex lives and to make it worse they sound like they are bragging... 4 "dates" in a night.  I'm so impressed.  Not!  They are acting like they invented sex and are big experts.  Who would be the people that are an audience for this crap?

• LOL 4
  • Love 15
18 minutes ago, Suzn said:

Add bible verse discussions and having the kids along...Wow! So Sexy!  As I've said before, I really don't want to hear about their sex lives and to make it worse they sound like they are bragging... 4 "dates" in a night.  I'm so impressed.  Not!  They are acting like they invented sex and are big experts.  Who would be the people that are an audience for this crap?

Yeah I don't need to know about their sex lives. At all.

I don't doubt that there are fundie couples who could benefit from knowing about resources on these matters, but I'm not sure an aimless video in which two people drive around with their kids and yammer on about the app in between food stops is really the best advertising. It seems like nobody in this crowd knows how to promote anything with anything resembling common sense. 

• Love 23
20 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Because it looks so uncomfortable.

It was a June wedding too. Kathy is wearing a light fabric with short sleeves, and Jill's dress has capped sleeves. Michelle's Tin Man dress is heavy polyester satin with three visible layers and probably a modesty shirt under the panel. Topped off with that heavy mop of sprayed hair, Michelle must have sweated up a storm that day. Wonder if it showed when she lifted her arms. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Nope! That is the anti-sexy in my brain! Then again, I remembered that favourite bible verses, letting your beloved get the jump on invitng Jesus to dinner and financial philosophy is the fundy version of courtship sexy talk, so maybe it does bring back some hot and heavy memories of group texting with your parents and siblings (oh, wow! typing that out it sounds 17 kinds of wrong). 

• LOL 16
3 hours ago, Suzn said:

I admit I watched and it was pretty cringeworthy. When Derick told Israel that J&D had a date and then Israel was in Mommy's tummy.....well, Israel isn't stupid. Since he knows they're on a date, won't he expect a baby any time now?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Hee!  That getup probably gave her hot flashes, even if she wasn't menopausal.  Polyester gets and stays stinky, too.  

Stink, stains, and Internet criticism propelled that disaster to the rag bag. At least, I hope that's where it went. Michelle was never photographed wearing it again. 

It's the kind of dress Jill Rodrigues would rescue and wear as is. Any outfit flashy and tacky enough to draw attention away from the people being celebrated is an automatic winner.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I felt sorry that Jill couldn't come up with a historical figure to have dinner with. Derelict should have punted and let Jill take Jesus. That bit really spoke to how uneducated she still is. 

This was before Cathy went to the clinic in Nebraska or Iowa or whatever state she wound up in for her stem cell treatment. Jill was pregnant when Cathy stayed there.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 10

What this photo says to me is the same now as it did then, Cathys husband was not welcome even though he was her primary caregiver.  Jim Bob should not have been in this photo since Ronnie wasn’t.  There should have been no photo that included both Duggar parents but not both Byrums.  They could have done a photo of just the Moms’ with the couple.  They could have done a photo of just Cathy with the couple, but not have  published it.   We’ve never seen one wedding photo that included Ronnie.  

image.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Maybe he didn't want to be in the picture? I can't really figure out that relationship at all. Sometimes it seems like Derick actively dislikes his stepdad--or at least excludes him--but haven't there also been comments that suggest the kids see him as a grandfather? I've also wondered if the stepdad doesn't want any part in the Duggar circus and has opted out of any photos. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 15
24 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

What this photo says to me is the same now as it did then, Cathys husband was not welcome even though he was her primary caregiver.  Jim Bob should not have been in this photo since Ronnie wasn’t.  There should have been no photo that included both Duggar parents but not both Byrums.  They could have done a photo of just the Moms’ with the couple.  They could have done a photo of just Cathy with the couple, but not have  published it.   We’ve never seen one wedding photo that included Ronnie.  

image.png

Wow Meechelle really lathered on the self tanner. The contrast between her and Cathy is stark. Maybe there are pictures that include the stepdad but he asked for them to not be published. Otherwise it seems odd, but it is the Duggars. 

• Love 9

Cathy’s health at that time seemed really fragile and I’m sure Derick was afraid that he’d lose a second parent. His feelings toward his stepfather might have been complicated during that time, he may have been having a lot of feelings about his father not being at the wedding, maybe he was still idolizing JimBob, and/or there may have been conflicts between Derick and Ronnie over Cathy’s care. In fact, I’d expect all of that. Who knows why Ronnie wasn’t in this picture, but even if it was because their relationship wasn’t great at the time, I don’t think it necessarily reflects on what their relationship is like now that it’s years later, Derick has become a father himself, and Cathy’s health has improved. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
59 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

What this photo says to me is the same now as it did then, Cathys husband was not welcome even though he was her primary caregiver.  

Who didn't welcome him?  Derrick?  Jim Boob?   I never knew there was a rift there...

• Love 1